Looking Great & Walking Again

Nightbird

Dear Cathe,

This is a story in which I hope will give many others the inspiration that ANYTHING is possible. And thanks to you, Cathe, I'm walking again, looking good and performing again.

In 1999, I was viciously attacked by a Pitbull dog that got loose from someone's yard I did not know. The dog went 3/4 of a block out of it's way to tear out the back of my left thigh and lower left buttock. Needless to say, for 3 years of my life spent in reconstructive surgery, bedridden, and on many pain killing medicines. I had gained just about 100 lbs. (I'm 5'1", so that's bad), and I developed edema (water) in my knees and ankles so bad, I couldn't wear pants or socks. Physical therapy was of no use, and I really gave up on ever being "normal" again, meaning, doing weight lifting, plyometrics and yoga (I know how important flexibility is; I've been studying yoga since I'm 12 and weights (Stair Master and Nautilus included since I'm 19). So, being kept from that made even living difficult.

One morning in bed, I saw Cardio Blast, and when I saw Cathe, I saw myself 3 1/2 years before. Then, when Cathe lifted her barbel with all the beautiful ladies that accompany her, I thought, "If I only could, I would".

Happy to say: 1 month later I was doing Cathe's workouts with free weights. 2 months later I did them with the barbel and increased pounds in free weights. 3 months later (now 6 months), I went from 35 pounds on my barbel doing squats and dead rows, now up to 75 pounds, and lost63 pounds. I didn't even buy clothes anymore and now I'm proud to say I'm a size 5 or loose 7 WITH A FIRM SHAPE AND ABSOLUTELY NO LIMP!!!

Thanks to your energy, beauty and positive spirit in doing every exercise with expertise, enthusiasm, and most of all, sweat like the rest of us. Also, I amaze every doctor, who said I would probably not ever walk again.

Cathe, you inspired me to believe in myself and with your help, I did it. Now when I walk down the street, I always get attention from men (that's been a while), and I'm happy to say I have found a solid relationship!

I don't want to sound corny, but to really complete my dream into reality, I would love nothing more than to get a chance to meet you Cathe, in person, either at your club, or if you ever need someone for an upcoming video, I'm ready!!! It would be the greatest pleasure to meet Cathe My Hero when I thought my life was over. I hope this can come true.

Honestly to all: ANYTHING CAN be accomplished as long as you have the determination, do it safely, and most of all, have an icon like Cathe, who truly knows what she's doing, and even the toughest of workouts can be done. Believe me, I know. So please, don't ever give up, and stick with Cathe. I'm proof and proud of it.

I truly hope to meet Cathe one day and give her a big hug for giving me my life back, for I look and feel so great that I just completed my first CD. See what fitness with Cathe can do!!! Cathe's great and definitely knows what she's doing!!!
Thank you, as always, Cathe!!!

What an amazing, inspirational post. You are to be commended for overcoming so much adversity. I hope your dream to meet Cathe comes true...

>That's an amazing story...thanks for sharing!

Dear Heather,

Thank you so much for your response to my 'Success Story' post. It really means alot to me that my story can inspire others, and to also let everyone know how great - and knowledgable - Cathe is. Most of all, I hope Cathe does read these.

I'm also happy to say I finally shed the 100 pounds I gained, and then some. The best part of all is, it's a healthy weight loss due to Cathe's workouts, and eating good foods. I also make sure I have at least 2 protein shakes a day, because I love food, and in one of Cathe's letters on her site here, she admits to being a meat lover herself, but makes sure to include protein shakes. I didn't even know this before, so I must be doing things right!

Thank you again, and let's keeping pumping and looking good with Cathe. And like I always say...

Thank You, Heather. You put a smile on my face!

>It goes to show what determination can do for you!
>
>Dear Kazze,

Thank you for your response. You're absolutely right about determination, but it takes just the right person to motivate that "determination switch", and like I said in my post, for me, it was Cathe.

I hope everyone here sticks with Cathe, as I know I will, and I am always telling ladies that I look great because of Cathe, and urge them to get involved with her regimen. You know, as I do, it's worth it!

Again, thank you for your response, as it makes me happy that I reached you. Let's keep up with that determination, and like I always say...

I really am at a loss for words after reading your story and feel in awe of what you have accomplished. I hope you realize that the majority of people in the same situation would have stayed in that bed and listened to the educated doctors say "you'll probably never walk again".

I have a big smile on my face for you as I type this and certainly wish for you continued happiness and fitness. :7

Dear Melodygirl,

I want to take the time to thank you so much for the beautiful response you sent me to my post. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I especially loved the photo of your boys on Easter!!!

You are absolutely right when you say that many people would have listened to the "educated" doctors. Even though I will always have chronic pain as a result of the dog attack, in building up my muscles and increasing my flexibility, it seems to take a big strain off of certain nerves, like my siatic nerve for instance. The squeezing of the muscles seems to help rid of the tension, and at the same time, I have more muscles to rely on. That's how muscle building helps me. And flexibility is so important. After being bedridden, my knees took a beating from lack of muscle usage and the edema (water). Now, with stronger muscles and stretching to increase the range of motion in my joints, as well as relieve tension that can build up in the muscles, my joints are doing much better. I take care to watch my stance at all times, like keeping my glutes and gluteus maximus tight, which takes the pressure off my knees and lower back.

These are just some ways working out has helped me in my situation, and although I beat the odds, I do feel people should listen to their doctors. I already had experience working out, but it was Cathe's enthusiasm, expertise, and her dynamic personality (plus, she's gorgeous, right!), that really aroused my interest and motivation. Having an instructor that really knows what she's doing and has a naturally upbeat personality and works just as hard as us during the workout, come into our homes at our convenience - even thought it's television - is a gift. And I've learned not to ever look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank you again, and I'm so happy I put a smile on your face. I'll send a photograph of the "new me", which in fact, the first one is actually the cover of my new CD I recently finished. It's proof positive that beauty starts from the inside out.

Keep up the fitness with Cathe, and I hope we write each other again.

Hi!

Thanks for the kind words about my boys...I homeschool and we try to make life fun!! If only you knew their stories, it's what helped me understand the magnitude of your story. I was told one of my DS was not to ever walk, talk, or have any measurable intelligence...try telling him that! The others have stories as well. It just shows that God's plans override modern science IMO.

I, of course, agree about listening to doctors AND, also, to your own body and determination.

Am I assuming correctly, you have a music CD? I'd love more info and definitely want to see your pics.

Keep up the great work gal, and I'd love to chat with you anytime. :)

Nightbird -
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I really admire you, and those like you, who find such courage and determination to overcome great obstacles.

You know, last year Cathe had a "Road Trip", and lots of people got to meet her in her health club. We're all hoping she has another one this year. Keep your eyes out on the forums - your dream may just come true sooner than you think.

Dear Melody,

Thank you again for your message about your boys. Your absoutely right. There is a higher power than us, I believe, and when you believe in yourself, I feel that higher power is there to help us when our determination is at its strongest. That's a beautiful story about your boy, and I am truly happy for you both. I wish for him that he continues with his excitement for life, and its leads him to a fulfilling life.

As for the question about the music CD, yes, I just completed my first one in many years this past February. You see, when I started the workouts with Cathe, I not only looked and felt better physically, but it gave me an inner confidence that I lacked being bedridden, and I had the chance. So with my new confidence, I went for it hook, line, and sinker. I have the privilege of working with a musician/producer who worked with John Lennon - I'm sure you know who he is!!! - and we did an album of some of our favorite tunes, mostly 60's tunes. I'm sure you would know probably all of the songs, because they were all major hits from groups like the Bee Gees, the Rolling Stones, and Steppenwolf, to name a few. It was really to show my vocal ability, and the dynamic ranges. We're now working a new one of all original songs. I still have CD's available. Anyone that knows what I went through actually cried when I gave them a copy, because they're so amazed I can so far. And that's for real, as corny as it may sound.

I hope I didn't babble too much, but that's how excited I am about getting my life back, and now I make the most of it after almost losing it. I'd be happy to send you some pics, I just have to scan them, then and send a couple over to you.

I honestly owe all of this to Cathe, because it was she who got me up and I took the challenge of her amazing workouts, and just look at her. So positive, so fit, and so beautiful. Who wouldn't want to join in with her? Add her sparkling personality and the good music she picks, she is defintely an angel and an icon to me.

I'd love to chat with you anytime, too! So, write me back anytime, and as soon as I can figure out how to get the pics on here today, I'll do it.

Do you know how to get the photos on here? I could really use your help, and it would speed up the process. If you could respond back today, as soon as I get your message on 'how to', then I'll get right on it.

Thanks so much again, and I look forward to hearing from you real soon! You're a doll!

And as I always add, "Thank you, as always, Cathe"!!!

Dear Shannon,

Thank you so very much for your kind and thoughtful words. It was a very dark time for me, and when I saw Cathe's workout, I truly saw a light at the end of the tunnel. Boy, was I right! I look better now than I have in a few years, and even though I have pain from the accident, building up my muscles and increasing my flexibility really worked for me. And because Cathe is such an invigorating woman - and absolutely beautiful - how can someone even in the position I was in not even try.

Now my confidence is up, I have a great boyfriend, and continue the workouts, and I am happier than ever.

Also, thanks for the info on the "Road Trip". I most certainly will keep my eyes peeled for her next one, and I hope with everyone - just like you - that Cathe does have one this year. I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world.

Thanks again, and stay in touch! Especially if you catch anything about Cathe having a "Road Trip" this year.

Keep working out with Cathe!

All the best to you!

And as I always say, "Thank you, as always, Cathe"!!!

Hi and great to hear from you again.

WOW, I'm very impressed about the CD and I hope you continue with your musical dreams. Again, that's courage in action as most of us are never brave enough to step out of our "box" and go for our true dreams. I'm working on it!

About posting the photos...go to www.picturetrail.com and you can open a free account. It will walk you through the steps to upload pics from your computer to picturetrail and then choose a link to post to forums. I'm not the most computer-intelligent person, but I'll be glad to help further if needed.:)

Take care,

Dear Melody,

Thanks for the info!!! As soon as I have a chance, either tonight or tomorrow, I will certainly check out that 'Picturetrail'. That was so sweet and kind of you to take the time to let know.

If I need any help, I'll take up you up on your offer and give you a shout.

Keep in touch!!!

And as I always say, "Thank you, as always, Cathe"!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.