I'm ready to fight back-need a little help

HELP. I'm a 45 year old female currently weighing 185 pounds and body fat at 30%. I feel disgusting, depressed, aweful. I'm so embarressed when I go out with my husband junior to me. I LOVE working out, infact I can live in a gym all day, but there are bills to paid and not enough time in my schedule. Not to mention there are days I drag my feet due to my tyroid. About 6 years ago I was dedicated to the gym and jogging (15+years), i did allot of 10k's,ran 4 miles fives days a week and the 6th day I ran 7 miles, I was in the gym 5 days a week at 5:30am no excuses. Due to my weight now I can harley run 2-3miles a day. I do run on my threadmill 2 miles then I do step aerobics, then weights. Still no results, darn fat won't go away, I cry to myself, I feel it's not fair. Now i'm mad and ready to fight back, i'm not ready to feel 45 or look it. Help Cathe! My question is can anyone help me put together a 6 day workout plan with Cathe's dvds to loose 50 pounds and 30% body fat. I love to have a goal of 6 months, maybe thats pushing it, but I can dedicate 2hours every morning 6 days a week. My goal in my life is to run at lease one marathon and get back to running 10k's oh not to mention a body like cathe's. I'm tried of doctors telling me be happy with my weight, here take more anti-depressants. Once I can start down sizing my weight it will be easier to run. I just can't get pass that point no matter what I do; Grrrrrr i'm soooo fraustrated. Cathe if you can help me with a program I will take that challenge and up date you with my progress.

Thank you
Kimmy

Hi Kimmy ~

The good news is your body remembers its healthier self. That coupled with your desire to get back in the game should motivate you to start "where you're at", get moving and start reaping the benefits.

Please re-post your request above for a 6 day workout plan using Cathe's dvds on the "Ask Cathe" forum. We'll keep bumping it up for you until you get a reply from Cathe. We're all here to help each other.

Re-post on Ask Cathe .... do it now! Go for it!

Your friend in fitness~

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Thanks Kim, can't wait to hear from Cathe, everyone in here has such great advise and the success stories wow. It's nice to now i'm not alone; this site is such a motivator.

Kim:

post your request on the general forums so we can all chip in with suggestions and things that have worked for us, and a helluva lot of encouragement. Everyone will chip in and support you through this difficult time.

For now, I would just say: are you currently being treated for your thyroid disorder? If not, get to a doctor asap and get treatment. To ignore it is to present yourself with even more obstacles to overcome.

The next thing I want to say is: believe that you are worth it. You are not washed up, useless, or a has-been. You are you and you are as valuable and as worthy of "self-care" as anyone else on the planet.

Your body is not your enemy, it is a part of you. Treat it kindly. Tell yourself and repeat as a mantra: "I am worth it, my body needs better care, I can do this". Don't punich your body with the wrong foods, ot too much food, or by throwing yourself into a fitness routione and doing too much too soon. Slowly and surely is the way to drop that weight, sculpt your body, improve your health and raide your self-esteem. Slowly and surely will help you to form a way of living and eating and exercising that you can live with for life. This is not about finding temporary fixes, just to lose the weight. It is time for you to search yourself and compare losing weight with becoming a much healthier person. Of course, the former will be a part of the latter, but, framing your initial goal in this way is a more-forgiving way for you to view yourself and I think it will set you up for greater success.

Also: weight train consistently every week. A regime of cardio only will take longer to shape your body and it will leave you looking saggy. If you work your muscles while you are getting into shape, you not only raise your metabolism for longer than with pure cardio alone, but you also make sure that the weight lost comes from fat tissue and not lean muscle tissue. Also, results from weight training make themselves felt quite quickly. To feel yourself getting stronger will vastly improve your self-esteem, make you proud of yourself and keep you motivated to keep lifting heavier weights, to challenge yourself continuously a little bit more.

Hope all this helps and I look forward to hearing of your successes!

Clare

Well, Iam definatly not Cathe, but Id like to reach out to you and ask the same from you. Iam looking for a buddie to help each other on a fitness journey. Ive lost 85lbs. in the past 2 years, and I fully understand where your comming from. I was very fit and tone @ 140 lbs, untill I was diagnosed with thyroid CA. 12 yrs. ago. and its been uphill ever since. I have alot of ideas to share, and inspiration. And like you, not a whole lot of extra time on my hands. If your intrested, email me @ [email protected] Iam working on a new fitness schedule starting 9/10/05, and would be happy to share it with you, if you like. :)

Hi Kimmy!

You are soooo brave and so motivated! I can feel your frustration and energy which will both benefit you in this journey. I so agree with Clare. Her advise is very wise in making this about overall health and fitness. The rest falls just falls in place.

I lost my mother to breast cancer this past May and I miss her so much. She was only 57 years old (had me very young at 16). I was tempted to get depressed and sit in a corner and stay there. Then I happened upon Cathe and her crew on FitTV and became addicted. I have been mentally better, physically better and eating more balanced meals without the added sugar and white stuff (potatoes, etc). It has made such a difference in my overall health within and I see a difference in my body in a great way. My daughter was born on April 15, 2004 - three months after I turned 40. So my body took a beating. (smile) Things are starting to turn around. But I have to agree with Clare "SLOWLY BUT SURELY" is the key. And it feels so good too.

You can do this, and you will!!!!!! You have many people pulling for you.

Carla S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.