Cathe brings Joy

teachreef

I am a near 50 yo. (49 and 1/2 sounds funny). I am been an active exerciser for decades...I have tried treadmills, weight training on my own, Bowflex, Pilates, Jogging, ski machine, stepper, eliptical and Cathe. I always seem to stay at intermediate level. In each thing I have commitment and effort but the plateau would hit and I couldn't seem to break through. I didn't have anymore time to dedicate to this because I am a teacher and mom to three. I discovered Cathe by accident. One day 9 yo daughter and I saw Cathe on FitTv and we were hooked. I bought the in-home step the next day. We learned Basic Step and LIS and now I am doing nearly everything or at least part of it.

My weight training has taken such a big lift. Cathe's encouragement, exercise variations and rotations have really changed my weight training. I have never worn a short sleeve shirt to class and I have all this week. I feel stronger and more blanced than ever.

But the real change that is amazing to me is my aerobics. I never saw myself as a dancer or a stepper. My staff was dancing for a performance and I was such a slow learner but did my dance duty! But I was so bad. Now I love the cardio routines in any of the videos. Each week I seem to add some portion that is more difficult. But the real change is my attitude. I used to set the time for my other cardio and go. I would check the time and calories constantly waiting until I could be done. I didn't like what I was doing and I stopped the moment my "time" or "calories on my hrm told me I was done. Now, I turn on the TV and am shocked to find I am going on and on because I don't keep track of the time or the calories. The other day I was shocked to see I had been at it more than an hour and my hrm was the highest calories burned for me and I had never checked because I was having a good time. I can feel the effects of my cardio "glow" all day. I find myself active on my feet all day in ways I never felt before. Recently a student responded when I caught something with a turn and a hop, saying I was "like the dance teacher". WOW that's new!

Last weekend daughter and I took a jog. I was shocked at how fast I need to run to get my HR up to my cardio zone. At the end of our run, I was barely winded! That has never happened!

Today I added a blast that I could never do before. I am so proud of myself! Thanks for helping me find my joy in my step all day. I looked through the workouts and premixes and I know there will be plenty more proud moments for me. Thanks

Teachreef

Hi Teachreef and welcome to the Cathe forum.

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your post and your excitement over working out with Cathe. I agree her workouts are the most effective and fun..:)

Thanks for posting and I hope to see you around in other discussions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.