Amazed

solara

Cathlete
I've been working out for over 20 years. The last few years, I was trying desperately to maintain the gains I'd achieved but it felt futile and I was beginning to resign myself to the hard facts that time and age were going to win the battle. Then I found Cathe. I have been very committed to my workouts since January and especially since receiving the Hardcore Series in February. Today, I re-took some measurements.

December 31, 2004
127 lbs
calves 13.5"
thighs 22"
hips/glutes 37.5"
waist 28.5"
chest/back 32.5"
upper arm 11.75 relaxed (didn't take a flexed measurement)

May 2, 2005 (4 months later)
122 lbs
calves 13.5"
thighs 21"
hips/glutes 36.5"
waist 26"
chest/back 33"
upper arm 11.5" relaxed/12.75" flexed

So there it is! Results after 4 months of working out w/ Cathe and all of you! I was amazed!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it." -Cathe Friedrich

Wow, Kim!! That IS amazing! Good for you.
You lost so much in your waist. You also lost in your hips and gained in your chest. I'm impressed. I'd like to have a 10" difference between my waist and hips.

Were you very careful with your diet?

Susan C.M.
Nothing should be jiggling, unless it's jiggling off. - Cathe in HSC

Susan ~

I'm careful about what and how much I eat but honestly, I really don't deprive myself of anything. One reason I'm careful is because I have a desk job ('nuff said!). A typical day I have a protein shake while I'm getting ready for work (and for breakfast on the weekends). I have a whole wheat english muffin or toast (swore off white flour products years ago) w/ natural peanut butter and this week about a scant tablespoon of Polaner All Fruit spread for my mid-morning snack. I may have about 15 almonds around this time as well (I buy a big bag in the baking section of BJ's). I sip on green tea all morning til lunch, too. Usually for lunch I have a serving or two of vegetables and a protein such as chicken breast or tuna or egg whites or cottage cheese with fresh fruit. At dinner, I'll have chicken (always skinless white meat - baked or grilled) veggies or a salad and sometimes pasta (whole grain) with a marina sauce & turkey meatballs. I use high quality cuts of beef when I eat that. I avoid cold cuts. I avoid sugar but I probably eat anywhere between 1 and 15 Dove Dark Chocolates per week. I don't drink alcohol. I don't drink enough water. Once a week, I have pizza with my family, sister, BIL, niece and my parents. I'll have antipasto w/ a little cheese and maybe some salami and vinigrette dressing. I'll eat between 4 and 5 slices ofveggie w/ cheese or plain cheese pizza (this day is usually my "cheat day"!) So as you can see, I don't have what I would consider to be a shining example of "clean" eating habits but I don't overindulge either. One of the reasons I work out is because I love foods like pizza and dark chocolate. Working out is "damage control"! Sorry to be so long winded, but I find most people who want to lose weight have a tendency to cut their calories too much. I want to be truthful and realistic so people see that you don't have to deprive yourself to attain and maintain a healthy weight.

Thanks for the compliment on my results. I'd like to reduce that number between my hip/glutes and waist to about eight inches by the end of this month. I've always (since a child) carried my excess fat in my butt so it'll be the toughest to eliminate. First hired, last fired!

~ Kim

Way to GO Kim I know you have been working out consistently and now it is paying off!!:7 You got some GREAT results!!

Thanks for sharing!! :)

((HUGS))
~Nicole

Nicole ~

Thanks for the cyber ((hugs))! Only another hardworking exerciser could appreciate how much effort it takes to affect changes in our body shape. I could kick myself in the rear (and now, thanks to Cathe, I can LITERALLY KICK MYSELF IN THE REAR!) for all the wasted years I spent w/ The FIRM. I never achieved (and obviously never would have achieved) these dramatic changes in only 4 months with The FIRM.

Thanks again for sneaking a peek and for the kudos! I appreciate it!

Your sister in fitness,
~Kim

That's some great accomplishments!! Congrats.

I've been with the Firm for a year until I met Cathe in February. I only lost 5 pounds w/ the Firm since I've been doing Cathe's Hardcore vids I've lost 10 more lbs in 2 months (a couple of weeks off due to surgery). I think she's great!! :)

Heather~

You're weight loss (5+ lbs/month) is quite impressive! Good for you! I know how much hard work and healthful eating it takes to realize those results. Keep up the good work! Don'tcha just love Cathe and this forum? ...so motivating!

Thanks for checking out my post...I use my clothes as a weight gauge so even tho the 4 month weight loss isn't dramatic, the fact that some inches disappeared is encouraging. I haven't measured my BF but I know I'm leaner now than in December because I'm seeing definition in my calves and hamstrings like I've never seen before. I attribute that to all the high impact/high intensity step because I've never done as much cardio as I have since starting Cathe's workouts. I'm so "pumped" to stay with "the program".

Let's keeping cheering one another on!

Take care...stay fit!

~ Kim

Kim,

Great work!!! It is so nice to read stories like yours!! You worked hard and have seen great results. In a world of "get leaner abs overnight" or "20 minutes 3 times a week", which we all know is a bunch of bull, it is great to see that hard work and persistence really does pay off. You are an inspiration to me to keep working hard, it's worth it!!

Edie ~

Thank you for the compliments. I was hoping to just hold off the effects of aging (I'll be 43 VERY SOON! Yikes!) but when I read the measuring tape is was "jazzed". It is sooooo worth the effort to experience ongoing improving health and fitness, improved bodyshape is "the icing on the cake"!

I checked out your webpage! Your a gal after my own heart! Small animal veterinarian (aka animal lover!) and outdoorsy and wholesome. You are in great shape! Look like you have a terrific lifestyle! It's a pleasure to "meet" you here on Cathe's website. Isn't it a terrific meeting place?

Take care!

~ Kim

Good work, girl! That's fabulous!!

I love Dove dark chocolate too, it's the BEST!!

Jeanette

Kim, you have just inspired me! I CAN lose that extra 5 pounds! Thank you for challenging me to want to go to the next level! I love you r sig, too! it is perfect for what you have accomplished!

Missy

Wow that is great! Any rotations you wanna share or give us an idea of what you did exactly? Right now I am just about where you were before and I'd lvoe to get similar results like you did. That is just awesome!!

Trish~

I really got consistent and began with Cathe's Hardcore Rotation in Feb and tried to follow each month's rotation thereafter. I tend to lean more toward weight training but attribute the inches (fat) lost to a rededication to cardio. Good luck!

~ Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.