Able to do more weight

Author

Cathlete
Though I am not new to exercise, I am new to Cathe. I don't get TV and so have never seen Fit TV -- I know about Cathe from friends at FitPrime.

I have found Cathe's workouts to be exactly what I was looking for. I've been doing the FIRM for the past two years and will always love the FIRM. However, sometimes in doing the FIRM, I would injure myself -- either my hip or my neck -- mostly my neck -- and so I became reluctant to go up in weights -- doing the FIRM with very light weights.

Finally I decided that this wasn't right to keep injuring myself -- and so I decided to expand my search in videos.

Here is what I've found with Cathe and I thought I might share it. Cathe's cardio workouts are challenging -- which I have been needing. Her workouts work into your anaerobic zone, thus forcing you to use other muscle fibers than the regular cardio workouts. Plus, her muscle work isn't usually incorporated with cardio -- and this is where I believe my problem was with the FIRM.

Since using Cathe videos, I notice only the target muscle being sore after the workout -- not my neck and other things. And I think the reason is because Cathe workouts stress putting one's attention on the task at hand, rather than trying to do cardio and heavy weights at the same time. Also Cathe constantly talks form and I think that this is what I was missing from the FIRM workouts -- form tips. Because while I am not new to exercise, I am rather new to weights and doing them correctly is important and something I did not grasp.

And so now I am able to gradually go up in weights for the first time in these past two years -- all without injuring myself.

I'm so glad that you are here, Cathe, with your tapes. I'm definitely a new fan. May you continue to make brillant videos for those of us who workout to videos.

Well said Karen Kay! How wonderful you found Cathe and here's to your continued "injury free" workouts!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.