4 years later, 40 pounds lighter. . .

Travisli

Cathlete
In the fall of 2005 I saw a picture of myself with my great aunt (the picture is actually in one of my albums on this site) that upset me. My face seemed incredibly large and although my body wasn't showing in the picture (the clothes I am wearing artfully hid the weight) I knew the truth. That was when I made the decision to make some changes.

I've talked about that before in other posts and I won't rehash it all here, but I am posting today because this morning I stepped on the scale and it dawned on me that I am 40 pounds lighter then I was when that picture was taken and it kind of shocked me. I stood looking in the mirror trying to figure out how I possibly could have carried 40 more pounds than I'm carrying right now. I quit "trying" to lose weight a long time ago, now I focus on being fit and healthy, but geez, 40 pounds, I'm pleasantly shocked.

Just the other day I was in the post office wearing a sleeveless top and when I asked for stamps the man behind the counter said "Do you workout?!" LOL, that wasn't what I was expecting to hear him say since I'd just asked for stamps, but when I assimilated his question I said "yes, and thank you for noticing." It doesn't happen as often as it use to since I guess people are use to the me of now, but it still makes me smile and ever so grateful for my commitment to this healthier way of life.

Have a great day everyone!

Congrats again Travis! I have seen your other posts, and it's great what you have done for yourself and what terrific shape you're in now! WTG!!!

Congratulations, what an awesome feeling! I love getting compliments from strangers on my muscles, not just for being thin. Being fit and strong is so empowering and you're a great example of that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.