Week of Jan 12 TTC/Miscarriage Support

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Wow! This is the first time I have started a thread! Woo hoo!

Well I went and bought the MP3 player I wanted and I love it! I put all 5 or 6 CC that I have on it and a bunch of music and I still have room for more! Its 2GB which is huge to me! My old MP3 player is only 512 which when my DH bought it for me was the biggest one. I can't wait to start playing around with all the CC and making my own mixes after I try them. I tend to get bored easily so that's why I think I will really enjoy just skipping around the tracks.

Well I am very excited because I have EWCM (TMI?) I am so hoping that I will O this week so we can get down to business. Melanie- I think you asked about condoms but we are just using the pull out. We have never been a fan of them. We got married for a reason...so we could stop using them! :) J/K. We did use them right after my m/c because I was worried about anything getting in there when everything was trying to come out but now....no way man! We both would rather not DTD if we were going to use them.

That would be so exciting if we could all get our BFP next month! I am really hoping so.

Well....it's Monday and I am back at work. I should probably get to work but I will BBL! Have a good one ladies!

I am SOOOOOO sleepy today—just wiped out.

I finished updating Fitness Fig. The tough part is not only did I have to do the blog, but also the extra pages (links, tools, & bio) to match. I think they look better now (or at least different!)

Today I need to do a BFL lower body workout—I’m kind of dreading it, I admit. I hate working lower body.

Jen, hooray for EWCM (don’t think it’s TMI on a TTC thread) and hooray for the new MP3 player. By the way, there’s another CC giveaway on Fitness Fig this week.

Bethany, yes I had tested negative a few days ago but it was before my period was due. Then when it was due I tested again and got the positive (and of course I did two more tests and they were positive). I’d been using ovulation kits for a while but this time it was a digital one (not the fancy one over $100, though just a 7-day kit). That helped because usually you have to look at the lines and decide if one line is as dark as the other—not as simple as line pregnancy tests where 2 lines is a definite positive. With the digital one it was just a happy face on my fertile time so it was simpler to read. Don’t overstress about your CF and stuff until you’ve talked to the doc, ok?

Melanie, I understand happy plus envious—I’ve been there done that!

Hope everyone has a great Monday—need to go feed Ewan and myself—then get to my workout soon.

Lainie- Let me know if you ever have a giveaway for CC V8 or PP. I bought all the other ones this weekend. I checked out the web page and I do like what you did with it. You do such a great job!

Well, I did KPC with strength training and abs tonight. I really wanted to run but my lower back is bothering me a little. I think I should take it easy the next couple days. I previewed Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme tonight. I think I will try it but it does look difficult. I get frustrated easy if I can't get a routine down. That is why I don't like step because I can never get the blasted routines and I end up turning the wrong way or I am on the wrong foot. Oh well....I will try it and see. It may surprise me.

I'm going to go watch some stuff I DVR'd and then turn in early.

Good night all!

Hey ladies. :)

Jen, congrats on fertile CM. Yeah!! We don't use condoms,...actually we haven't used anything in past 12 years or so....except withdrawal...which isn't super accurate. ;)

We never have intercourse when there is ANY blood....so I didn't have to worry post m/c.

Cardio Coach rocks!! I have all of them. Would buy more,...but there aren't any more. Can I pre-buy?!?!

I'm waiting for Amy Bento's presale on 15th. She's my favorite right now. Kickbox Extreme is my all time favorite kickbox workout,....I think you'll like it Jen!!

Thanks for not throwing tomatoes at me, Laine!!!

Melanie- I wouldn't be upset if....whoops....I became pregnant from our withdrawl method. I look at it this way-it's in God's hands. If I am supposed to be pregnant right after my m/c then I will be. But I am not planning it on my part.

I was thinking the same thing about CC! I want more! Do you know if he plans on coming out with more?

Hey all - not much to report here. No interesting CF (yay, Jen!), no sex, no period. We've never used condoms, either. Jen, I hear you about "accidentally" getting pregnant this month with the pull-out method. So many people have said if they would have only known how difficult it could be to get pregnant, they may not have worried so much about birth control methods.

So if I'm COMPLETELY honest with myself (which is a bit hard for me to do:p), I don't know if I was ever really regular with periods. It could have been so many things though. I had an eating disorder in one form or another from age 12-17. Then at 17 I began running and found that it was better then starving myself or purging. I was dancing (ballet mostly) since I was 4, sometimes 8 hrs/week plus running and weights. Then I started birth control at age 18 (?) thru 23 so I assumed I was regular during that time bc my periods were artificially regulated. Looking back I'm amazed (and thankful!!!) that we were able to get pregnant so quickly in the first place! I keep telling myself that my body knows what it's doing and if I'm not fertile right now it's bc I'm not meant to get pregnant yet.

Melanie, is PP good? I have all the CC's but that one. I even bought the "pump" one but haven't tried it yet

GG - Taylor's crabby and trying to climb on me to get my attention.

Sorry I'll stop talking about my CF. Probably not a very interesting topic anymore. :) We've only actually used condoms a handful of times over 7 years. I agree that I never realized how easy it was to NOT get pregnant than to actually GET pregnant.

Well tonight was PUB. Man sometimes I forget how challenging some of these workouts are. I hate that she puts biceps at the end because they are so exhausted by the end of the workout from all of the assisting they are doing. Let's see how much I whine tomorrow about being sore. ;)

I didn't sleep good last night and had a super busy day at work so I think I am going to turn in early. Talk to ya ladies tomorrow!

NO, Jen! Please continue to tell us about your CM!!!!!!!

Bethany, thanks for sharing. :) However, you're a different person now. You are NOT being punished for your past. Just wanted to actually put it in writing for you (even though I'm sure you already know it).

I"m beat. AF must be on it's way. I stupidly took a pg test....even though I know I"m not pg....however, I had trouble reading those ovulation sticks & it was my first month on Clomid so I thought maybe my cycle was off? Anywho, anxious to get AF so I can move onto next cycle!!!!!!

Bethany- Melanie is right. SO many things can affect your period at different times in your life so try not to beat yourself up over it. Try to focus on now and being healthy because that is all that you can control.

Melanie-Maybe you did test too early and maybe your cycle is off! Sorry, just wishful thinking for you on my part. :)

I think I am Oing today. My temp dipped real low so we will see if it shoots up the next few days. I am so tempted to jump on DH tonight to fertilize my eggie but I am going to refrain myself. Well, maybe I will still jump on him but we won't fertilize anything. ;) I have been having conversations with myself all day about it but I still think I will wait until next cycle so at least I will know a due date from the date of my last AF. I should see AF by the end of this month and then....upward and onward! Bring on the BFP!

I'm actually not too sore today...yet. We will see what happens as the day progresses.

Jen, I use whatever excuse I can to jump DH. :p I"m glad you're not sore,....sometimes it takes 48 hrs for DOMS to kick in.... I hate weight work!!

I have today off, the little boys have haircut appts. This will be little Jadon's FIRST haircut (he turned 3 in Nov). I"ll try my best not to cry,...but I know from the other two that those cut banana curls will be gone forever. They look so old after their hair is cut. :(

Oh,,,,,,, and it's like -40 F here WITHOUT windchills. BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

It was 61 here today and I wore my coat and gloves to work. I think I'm turning into a popsicle just thinking about -40 deg weather!
How did Jadon do with his first hair cut? More importantly - how did YOU do?;) Melanie, how is the ovulation kit that you got recently different than, say, the pee stick kind? I hope it works for you and you can start using it soon!!

I'm pooped too lately. Today was my rest day, I'll switch it with Sunday's workout. The Jan. rotation is going well so far. OH! I figured out I don't have tennis elbow - I think it's a brachioradialis strain. I'm so happy about that!!! I'll just keep modifying UB work (but I can do it:D) while it continues to heal. Anyway, PUB kills my biceps, too Jen! One of the workouts (I think it may be PUB) Cathe says something about "seeing stars", and I always laugh at that part bc it's so true.

Jen, I admire your restraint for waiting another cycle. February will be a great month! It's also DH's B-day, my B-day, our anniversary...

And thank you for "listening" to my little story about my past. I didn't even realize that I was blaming my lack of fertility that I have at the moment based on what I did in the past - but you're right! I'm possibly going to look into herbal supplements to help me...Melanie - do you know anything about this topic - should I give it a shot or even bother with it? I told myself I won't change anything lifestyle-wise until I see the OB next month though.

Off to bed - have a good night!:cool:

Hi Bethany! Jadon did really great. I posted pics & video on facebook. I put all sorts of pictures up today,...facebook is so fun!

I haven't done the ovulation kit yet....have to wait until AF arrives....sometime this week. I have trouble reading the ones in the store with the two lines. This one (retails for about $150) reads estrogen surges as well as LH peaks. It is fool proof for reading & keeps track of most "fertile" 3 days. So in short, it's easier to ready & uses two different hormone tests in one.

What herbal are you thinking of? We didn't learn much about herbs....but let me know what you're thinking. :)

I did Powerstrike today. I was suprised, I liked it. I previewed it first & didn't think I'ld like it....it's lower impact, but fun & I sweated.

I work tomorrow... Enjoyed the heck out of my day today though!!!

Good morning ladies! Well, I did jump DH and I secretly prayed that he would forget to withdraw but no such luck. :( But we did have a conversation about it and while he is as excited as I am to start trying again, he did remind me to let my body heal and to wait. He is such a gem! I couldn't have asked for a more supportive DH.

Bethany- After I stopped bleeding from my m/c I started taking Red Raspberry leaves capsules. I did a lot of reading about it and it supposed to be great for building up your uterine lining and helping to regulate hormones. I think it has done wonders for my reproductive system. It also has many other health benefits such as relivieving cramps and canker sores and sore throats. You should do some research on it and see if you think it might be something you will benefit from. I bought mine at an herbal store in town. My temps have never been so steady since being off of b/c. I've only been taking it about 3 weeks now and they say it needs time to build up in your system. I've also heard that Vitex (Chasteberry) is good for regulating cycles. I started taking after using b/c but I got horrible headaches from it (which I read is a side effect) and I stopped it. I have a full bottle left if you are interested and I can mail it to you. I'm not going to use it. I'm so glad to hear that you don't have tennis elbow! Maybe that is what is wrong with DH's elbow too. He said his elbow has started to bother him.... its worth checking out.

I am sore from PUB two days ago but not too bad. Its just a mild soreness which I like so I know I am working. I didn't do anything last night. I had a really strange headache and stuffy nose. I feel like I am either coming down with a cold or have allergies but the funny thing is....I don't have allergies. So I don't know. I really want to try and do CC tonight but we will see how I feel. I am so frustrated because just when I really get back into working out and eating clean, I get sick! So I am not a happy camper. :( But I'll make it through.

Have a great day! Off to work!

Jen

Jen, thanks for the info - I will look into those! When I was pregnant I heard of red raspberry leaves for helping your body go into labor. I never tried it, though I thought about it as I went a week over my due date. Your DH sounds very understanding. Another month really isn't that much time in the grand scheme of things...and it's definitely worth it if it means a healthier pregnancy and baby. Now if I could only practice what I preach...;) What motions/activities make his elbow hurt? For me it's elbow flexion with endrange supination (hence the brachioradialis) - like doing hammer curls with rotation at the top and holding the weights behind my head during squats and lunges.

Melanie, I enjoyed seeing the video you posted on FB - your boys are so adorable! And your workout room is like one I could only dream of. Is it in your basement? That's the thing about FL - no basements. My workout room right now is our spare bedroom, but it's not quite big enough - especially since I have a treadmill in there now (even though I keep it folded up in the corner). I'd ideally like wood floors, recumbent bike/elliptical, treadmill, stepping space, and mirrors on the wall so I can perfect my form (so I can fufill my dream of being in a Cathe video, haha:D)

Lainie, how are you doing? Did you get an appointment set up with your Dr. yet? I hate working lower body too, though I think I need it pretty badly. Cathe's Jan. rotation has ~2 lower body w/o's each week which is kicking my butt bc usually I just do one. I hope you're not feeling too tired lately.:)

Free Magazines and such

Did any of you ladies sign up fr those free Baby & Me, BabyTalk, Enfamil deals when you were pregnant? Such a great idea....unless you miscarry.

Ouch!!!! When I checked my mailbox this evening & had a gigantic box with baby stuff & a free container of formula.....well, I wasn't very strong. It hurt, BIG time. I thought the monthly magazines were hard enough....the formula really put me over the edge. :(

i'm emotional now. :( i could really use a hug....

I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still around--just been busy this week! I hope to come by tomorrow and chat longer.

Also, huge mega-hugs to {{{{{{{{{{MELANIE}}}}}}}}}}} Did you feel that, chica? So sorry you had to open that mailbox. That sucks. Happy conception vibes for your coming month!

Melanie-just coming ot give you a hug!!! So sorry you had a rough time of it!!!! Hang in there. I would be having my baby this month..:-( We'll get through this!

Susan, you were going to have a Jan baby too? I didn't realize our pg's were so close together. How are you doing? I'm doing okay,...I just got AF yeseterday....which makes me so emotional nowadays!!!

Anywho, I work today in town (and tomorrow AM),...so I got to sleep in. THEN clean all the blood of my sheets and such this AM. Yuk!!! My periods are sooooooo heavy the first couple days. I had super plus & mega maxi on & I had to kick DH out of bed to clean up. EWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Tomorrow is Justin's 5th Bday! :D

Melanie-girl you do have heavy periods!! I have to sleep in the mega night pads for a couple nights but it takes care of it. Hope it gets better soon. My due date was Jan 31. I am doing ok. I am a "get on with life" sort of person. While it's painful to deal with, I know there was a reason it happened and it just wasnt meant to be. I cant wallow in it or it would drive me nuts. I was not as far along as you. I think that changes a lot.
I was reading this morning about pregnancy after 40. Man that is scary! 1 in 69 have downs...and that is just the beginning of the risks. Am I carzy!!
I got a Squeeze workout just for something differnt and did it on Wednesday. I did like it, but its so different than lifting heavy. I tell you what though I AM SO FREAKING SORE!!! I think I will use it once a week. I also am a dork and got a Leslie. It was way easy but a nice change. I will do it a couple times a month on easy days. I actually liked it.
Is Justin having a bash??? Haley turns 9 this month!
Hi to Bethany and Jen!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.