Week of 3/16 Pregnancy Check-in

lcobb2

Cathlete
Happy almost St. Patty's Day!

Well, Jess, you and are I right around the same time--I'm 5 May. I feel like I'm going to pop as well, but I'm really not that big. The doctor said that the baby is 4+ pounds, but sometimes it feels like I have a huge BM (not--it's the baby) or a medicine ball in my belly. I've been tired a little as well and I never take naps, but have wanted to! I didn't sleep very well last night and Ryan is keeping me up. The doctor said s/he can't get any lower, but there's no change in my cervix. There better not be as I'm only 33 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe I'm 33 weeks!

Jen--I'm envious as you get to spend time with your baby. I will likely not work for at least a year as I won't return to work after the baby is born. My husband is retiring from the military this summer and we're moving to Chicago, which is where my family is located. We're going to live with my mom and step-dad (a very good thing as they have a ton of room and it's like having a built-in babysitter) while my husband looks for a job as a financial planner. We'll have to look for a house too and a couple of cars. It's scary to go from two solid salaries to one pension and having to pay for a mortgage and two cars. The good thing is that we've invested a lot and aren't hurting too much for money.

Talk to you all later!

Laura - You sure got alot of changes coming up. ;) but sounds like you have it all planned out for the most part. Yeah thats what my belly feels like too. like I'm carrying a little med ball in there haha. I'm starting to feel funny when I get up and sometimes when I walk in my hips and pubic bone area. It just feels so loose or something that it kinda hurts a bit and is uncomfortable. I went walking laps last night around the park. I think he must just be pushing there and my hips are loosened. I think I may just walk for cardio from here on or maybe an occasional turbo jam and keep up the weights the best I can. I don't want to hurt myself.

I had the most HORRIBLE night last night. I feel like such a whiner but really. oy!! I had the most horrid heartburn. My whole chest hurt and it wouldn't go away. MY back was also hurting really bad. No matter how I positioned myself I was hurting so much I couldn't even fall asleep. I took tylenol and some mylanta and got my neck massager out and tried to position it on my back. I was up from like 3am -7am. Since I felt decent then and was SUPER tired I decided to try to get some sleep even if I sleep in. I did sleep till 9 and I'm mostly better now so I feel ok. ugh. I hope that night doesn't repeat itself!

Good Morning everyone.

Happy St. Patrick's Day... don't forget to wear green!!!
Jess... I am going to start exercising slowly. I will start to walk on my treadmill. I am also going to start back lifting weights. I will make sure that I don't do too much. I am really trying to get back into it! How are you feeling today?
Jen... I know what you mean about people making negative racial comments. You are so right... bi-racial kids are beautiful...I have yet to see an ugly child... no matter what race.
Laura... How are you doing? How are you feeling? Do you have any online clients? If you don't mind... what would you suggest as a workout plan to get back in shape? I have 6 months to get back into shape once I return to work, but I want to get back sooner. Call it vanity!!!
Clarissa... If you are reading. I hope that you are feeling better. I read that you are walking again.

Have a good day everyone,

Hi Skyy!

I'm feeling okay--thanks for asking. Each morning it is hit or miss. In fact, I just informed my morning clients that I won't be seeing them in the mornings after 1 April. I've decided to "wean" them off as it's just too much to fit them in w/o a guarranteed good night's sleep. It's not fair to them and my dh and I can forfeit the money as that's only my part-time job.

I don't have any online clients right now, but I'm always taking them! In terms of a workout program to get back into shape, I'd really need to talk with you on the phone and get a sense of where you were at before you got pregnant, how (if at all) you maintained your fitness during your pregnancy, what are you currently doing, and what are your goals. No worries about vanity! I have the same issue!!! :p If you're serious, pm me and we can set up a phone date. I have an amazing rate to the States ($0.01/minute). In fact, Clarissa and I have talked on the phone in the past--I miss her!!! I love talking fitness, so this is not an imposition in any way.

Attached are some pics of tight and loose again--my DH took them this weekend.

Good Morning everyone.

Laura... How are you doing? How are you feeling? Do you have any online clients? If you don't mind... what would you suggest as a workout plan to get back in shape? I have 6 months to get back into shape once I return to work, but I want to get back sooner. Call it vanity!!!

Attachments

• 33 1 weeks side tight.jpg
    33 1 weeks side tight.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 33 2 weeks side loose.jpg
    33 2 weeks side loose.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Laura... Thanks for your response. I am going to PM you a little later with my info!! You are so small in your pictures! I showed them to hubby and he could barely tell that you were expecting.

Hi everyone! Hope all is well! I hve attached some new pics! Miss you all - how you feeling? PRetty soon you two!

Laura - you finally look pregnant but still very tight and small! You look so good! You'll get your abs back almost immediately! I have some lower work to get back to on my abs with this pregnancy.

I can't wait to start working out again. I am almost 6 days pp and am already ready to lift some upper body again and do some crunches. I am walking so good again. I am still on percoset but WOW do I feel wonderful today when I am walking around some! I am so so so happy!

Clarissa

Attachments

• Brody's first days at home 014.jpg
    Brody's first days at home 014.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Brody's first days at home 017.jpg
    Brody's first days at home 017.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Brody's first days at home 041.jpg
    Brody's first days at home 041.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 25
thanks...and ps - skyy - you r not vain 4 wanting 2 get in shape again! i am the same way!
good luck!!

Clarissa -hes adorable ;) luv his little tshirt in the first one. ha.

Laura - wow you do keep up with pics. well I just don't have anyone to take them right now so I'm slacking. I got a comment that I look like I'm going to pop today haha. but I was standing there rubbing my belly and took a big sigh cause I was tired lol.

I need to get going. I got some stuff to start packing my hospital bag. I am going to start working on that. I'll need to keep a list next to it of stuff I need to add last minute so I don't forget. I may try this workout I've had all along and haven't tried yet (perfect pregnancy workout) It uses weights. Lets see how good it is. But atleast I won't have to worry about altering moves etc.

You all are so great. Thanks for the kind words. I'm surviving at work with 4 hours of sleep--Ryan was kicking like crazy last night!!! It's too beautiful to go home. The sun is actually shining in Germany! I've decided to cancel all of my morning clients starting 1 April. It's just not fair to them (or me) to come in with 1/2 a brain!!!

well I did that pregnancy workout last night. I didn't feel like it was a great total body (missed alot of stuff) but it is definetly better than nothing. Good news is its got me back on wanting to workout more. I a hair sore today too. I think I'll do a little cardio today and a Cathe or Jari tomorrow.
Only problem is my hips were giving me trouble. They feel wierd and hurt sometimes when I move so I was trying to be really careful. It doesn't hurt ALOT but enough to make me back off of things.

Laura -Glad you aren't working yourself too hard. Has it been dark/gloomy there lately? what is the weather like in Germany? Texas weather is warm. This "winter" was a joke. Only a handful of cold days. Most days were cool and A TON were hot. It is in the 80s today I think. Summer weather. I'm in shorts/tshirt. The only bad thing is that I think that means were in for a SCORCHING hot summer. Its already scorching here in summer as it is. SO hot you can't even enjoy it. you want to run and hide or go swimming. lol.

Hi Jess,

The Fall and Spring are really gloomy with rain and clouds. I live in the warmest part of Germany so the summers are great. There is no air conditioning and very few bugs (I'm from Chicago so I know what it's like to live in the air conditioning and have huge bugs). I don't know if I could ever live in Texas as I hate the extreme heat.

Hello.
Since I just found out I am pregnant I have not been modifying much. I am still doing Meso 2, just dropping the weights to maintenance. I also run, but slower keeping a close watch on my heartrate.
Weather in Georgia is spring-y. Cold (50s) and rainy one day and Warm (70s) and sunny the next. By blue van is turning yellow/green from the pollen and everyone's sinuses are achin'.
I love the summer heat and humidty. I used to live in New Orleans, so Georgia's 80% humidity is nice and dry :p.

Laura -not sure I'm cut out for Texas either but oh well. I'm a wuss when it comes to being too hot ha. I grew up in Alaska so its quite different. I've never been somewhere so hot!

Dragonfly -don't think I've seen your name yet? We've had a little back and forth weather too. We had a cold front a week ago or so and it rained. but it went right back to warm. I went walking with my neighbor today and I was in shorts about about to sweat it was so warm. Came back home and my house was almost at 80. I turned on the AC. I can't stand humidity. Its supposed to be the worst place for allergies here too in central TX. I haven't seen a layer of pollen yet but its probably coming.

hi jess.

how are you doing? how are you feeling? i know what you mean about texas heat!! i ran track in the texas heat when i was "growing up" in houston.

i hope that you have a good weekend.

hi laura!!

oh wow. I think I'd pass out running in the middle of the day in a texas summer. ha.
I'm doing ok. Starting to get lots of pressure at times but it seems to come and go. maybe how hes positioned I guess.

I am supposed to go in and have a consult with the anesthesiologist sometime soon. I think I'll just get a lecture on why I can't have meds. sigh! heres hoping for a quick delivery so I can make it haha.

Jess- how are you?

please - just forget the meds! I don't mean to tell you what to do - it isn't my style, but I never in a million years thought I would say it, but after what I just went thru, I promise I PROMISE you - you can do it! I am still in shock from what happened during my labor and all that went terribly wrong. My other 2 were perfect epidurals in the past. I loved them at the time. But just knowing that it could all go wrong is not worth it and I am so very proud that I went thru it all natural. It passes and now it is all over with. I feel like a superwoman and guess what? I am already completely healed up! I can't believe I gave birth 10 days ago to a 9lb baby! I am walking and everything again, w/o assistance! I even walked slow on the TM today to see how it felt. I wanted to completely workout but of course, that is a bad idea and I would not do it. Obviously.
I forevermore will tell people to not get epidurals if they can help it - and I have spent the last 7-8 years telling people TO get one! Good luck though w/ whatever happens!

PS - how are you doing Laura? Anyone else on here w/ you two now?

Clarissa

Clarissa -well I know I can make it. I've had two babies without meds before for the same reason. My last one was really ruff though. He was about the size of Brody (8 lb 13oz) a few oz shy of 9 lbs. I'm just feeling like a big wuss this time. I know its better not to get an epi.. but I can't help feeling a bit jealous when people tell me their birth stories and say "I never felt a thing" or "I slept thru most of mine". ha. I still remember my last one like it was yesterday and thinking "NEVER again". but DH persisted with wanting another so here I am. Maybe.... just maybe it'll be better this time. With my first it wasn't too bad but he was only 6 lb 2 oz cause he was induced early.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Clarissa. when they were giving me my epidural, he had to do it twice!! The first time he said "you must workout" .... yea right!! then he did it again and it worked. But I really felt it when the nurse was pulling it out!! I guess that I could have not gotten it this time, but I am such a baby now a days.....and you know, the pain didn't hit me until the next day after the meds when through my system.

I just got the hospital bill today.... (I don't have to pay anything because of insurance) they just sent me a copy for my records. It cost $8,700!! Wow.

Jess... I don't know how I didn't pass out in the heat!! I went by to visit last summer and I could not breathe!!!

I put up new pics of Anna on my blog if you get chance to look.

I will check back with you later.

Cute pics Skyy ;) So shes got her days/nights mixed up? thats pretty common I think since they tend to be rocked to sleep with our walking during the day when preggo and then wake up when were all still at night. Hope she adjusts her schedule ok for you.

OH man I'm getting a bit sick. My son had a cough/runny nose and I didn't have it and now it shows up. My throat feels "stripped" for lack of a better word. Doesn't hurt but it feels really weird and my nose started running a bit. What a time of year for that? Its about 80 degrees outside?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.