WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!

naughtoj

Cathlete
Had my first prenatal appt today at 6.5 weeks. Usual stuff. My OB had told me to come in at 7 weeks for an US (since I MC last time) to check for the heartbeat. Well, they happened to have an opening today so we got in!

According to the technician, everything is measuring right on to the day and all looks good. We saw that furious flicker too! The only thing I was really dissapointed about was the technician told me she couldn't get an actual heart rate. She said something about having to use some other probe and she didn't want to do that so early in the pregnancy (like whatever it was was more invasive). So she couldn't give me a heartrate. Then I asked her if I could just count the beats for 10 sec and x 6, she says, "Why are you so fixated on the heartrate? It looks normal". I told her simply because I know the strength of the hr at various stages of pregnancy was a good indicator of fetal well being and she just shoo-shooed me. Weird, since everyone I know that has saw a heartbeat on ultrasound walks out with a number. But whatever. She said no worries, it looked pretty speedy, and all looks good so I guess I need to NOT WORRY, lol

Part of me wishes I would have waited until after my baby stopped growing last time (7 weeks, 1 day) just to make sure I was over that hump. But I suppose there will always be something to worry about!

Anyhow, just wanted to share!!! Going back to sleep now!!!:D ;) :D :)

Congrats!!! Its been 5 1/2 months now since my daughter was born and can remember seeing that flutter heartbeat on the moniter just over a year ago. (I never got a number.) Keep positive thoughts and positive energy surrounding yourself!

Sonja.

Janice,

I am so excited for you. You must be so relieved! I wouldn't worry much about what the baby's heart rate was - for at 7 weeks, it is hard to get, plus it is ususally really high. If I am thinking right it is generally 170 or 180.

You should be fine from here on out. I will keep praying for you and Dani, too, durig the rest of your pregnancy.

Cheryl

that is great. I am very happy for you also. I believe i had an u/s at 8 weeks and they were able to give me a number. I wouldnt worry about it either as long as there is one. Try to relax a little now that you have seen that things are good.

Melissa

OMG!! YAY! That's so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about not knowing the heartrate. My doctor just GUESSED on the heartrate on my first ultrasound!! She didn't use any kind of procedure or anything.

That's so great!!!!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.