TTCers m/c support 04-06-09

luprisi

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

Just getting us started for the week.

I'm off today so I workout already. This morning was Step Fit, I was able to keep my HR between 140-166. Hopefully that's not too high.
I have been feeling pretty good lately, no nausea just feeling more tired than usual but working out really helps.

Hope to hear from everyone else soon.

Later

Hi everyone! Nausea is horrible although I still haven't thrown up. I hope these next 4 weeks go by fast! I thought it was easing off this weekend but no such luck! Came back today with a vengenance.

Priscilla- I'm glad you don't have any nausea yet. I envy you and your workouts. I feel like such a slug! Working out did help me in the very beginning but now I can't imagine my stomach getting jostled around.

Hi to everyone else!

Hi ladies. Training for 1/2 marathon is going well, I find myself more tired than normal (and more hungry too). I'm expecting my period this week. It just dawned on me that I might be having my period during my big race. :( Not good, I have really bad cramping, heavy flows, & super back pain. I"m praying that it'll wait at least a day before coming!!!!!

UPS guy is here! With my new running shoes! Gotta run (no punn intended) :D :D

Hi ladies! How is everyone? I noticed this board has slowed down some. I miss you guys!

Still have m/s off and on throughout the day. I fall asleep on the couch every night now. No workouts yet either...maybe one day.

Melanie- I am so jealous of your runs! I read about your mileage on FB and can't wait til I can run again!

Hi to Susan and Priscilla and anyone else that is still joining us here!

Jen, don't be jealous....I'd rather be pregnant with you. :p Besides........ I'm sore ALL the time. lol

It has slowed down a bit hasn't it. Is it b/c my XXX rated posts are missing? lol

Hi!
Yes, Melanie we need some dirt!
Jen-sorry you are still not feeling well. I promise is passes. You'll be working out before you know it.
Pricilla-how far along are you? Hopefully you'll keep feeling good. It helped me to push through a workout too..made me feel better.
I am 13 weeks today and I have a tiny pooch.
Workouts have been pretty good. So far this week-Mon ripped 1000, Tues Bodystrike 5, and today was Lowmax.
Nothing too exciting going on. I need something to wear for Easter!!!!

I miss being sore. DH and I DTD and my legs were sore after. How sad is that? It's been about 4 weeks since I have worked out.

Yes Melanie, I need to hear some raunchy stories!

Tiny pooch Susan? I have so much bloat that the girls at work said they already see my bump! I know its not baby but jeez!

Hi Ladies

I agree with Susan, we need some dirt, Melanie
By the way, Melanie, when is the 1/2 marathon?

Jen, I am feeling very tired too, right after lunch I just want to take a nap and when I get home, if I think about it twice, I don't workout either. I don't know if it's too early but I'm not feeling nauseous and I dont have any food aversion. I just feel tired all day long!

Susan, we are just 8 weeks apart. I haven't been to the Dr. so I don't have any official time but according to the due date calculator and my last period, I am in my 5th week. I will not for sure on the 24th. I haven't gotten a blood test either...

Wendy, how are feeling lately?

Autumn, I miss you posts! Are you and DD feeling good?

Mel2, just about 1 more month before TTC, right? I bet you have been very busy due to your job

Bethany, how are the BC working for you?

Check back later

Hey Jen, we just posted at the same time.

It's funny, I feel the same way, sooo bloated, I sent a picture to my sister and she said girl, you've always looked like that LOL

Susan, do you think doing Jari's workout have helped you maintaining your weight gain under control, that's impressive!

Hi girls! Jen-hang in there. You'll get a burst of energy soon.
Pricilla-maybe youll be lucky and not get m/s. I never got sick or felt the least bit queasy with dd. This time was very different. LOL about your sisters comment!
I promise you girls that I will start packing on the pounds. I have started to eat regular again. I put on 30 lbs with dd and that was starting out at 107..this time Im starting out with 10 pounds more!! ughhh...but I do have much more muscle than I did....but at least 5 pounds of fat that I didnt have before. I have really enjoyed Jari's workouts lately. Because of my neck issues I decded to do lower weight /higher reps and Im really enjoying it. I surely can't have surgery while preg so Im being safer than sorry. DH even commented on my legs the other day saying they havent been that cut before! Keep em coming Jari.
Im off to bed!
Hi to everyone!!

Hi there everyone,

Priscila - I know what you mean by bloating. When I was PG by the 2nd week I had to go up a size (I guess I was in b/w sizes) b/c I was so bloated, I felt like I was squishing the baby. I am glad you are not having m/s yet.

Jen - hang in there with the nausea. I hope you get some relief soon.

Wendy - how are you holding up? I am curious, will you be giving yourself the shots up to delivery, and how long after??

Bethany - I was glad to see you are feeling better now.

Reena - how are you??

Melanie -first of all I haven't gone back far on posts, so I am ready for your infamous naughtiness (LOL!)

Well, I am finally done w/my long stretch of shifts and I am off until Monday! I am having a fairly good week. Only one rough day. I found out one of my co-workers is pg, nearly the exact same due date as I was. : ( I am very happy for them, it was just a sad reminder. Still no luck on any wt loss while I am in a lull period. But, at least I am sort of maintaining.

Have a fabulous week
Mel2

Morning
Hi Mel2-a close friend of mine was due the same time I was with my first m/c in 2007..it was tough at first. Hang in there.
I just finished Slim and Lean. Feeling pretty good so far. Have to check dd out early for a dental appt, need to grocery shop for the weekend and mom comes today. I think I will get on the scale today..I feel thicker!
Hope everyone has a great day!

ETA-make it 2 lbs now! 120.2...here we go!

Last edited:
Hi everyone - doing well this week, but busy and gearing up for an even busier weekend with the holiday. Expect to hear back from the doctor by today regarding my blood work, so waiting for that and for my baby dancing time to arrive :)

Bethany - my doctor is probably mid fifties, if that. Very, very personable, reassuring, and also highly knowledgable. In retrospect, he may have been specifically referencing body fat relative to my personal information. BC still going okay?

Priscilla - bloat, bloat, bloat - I have that all the time and I am not preggars lol....hope it goes away soon for you.

Wendy - how are you feeling?

Melanie - sounds like training is going well, despite being tired and AF coming. I will pray it holds off until after your race :) what about these xxx rated posts ;-)

Susan - how is bodystrike 5 relative to Cathe - I have heard good things but wasn't sure if I should buy it.

Mel 2 - doing well...waiting to try again this month, as you will be doing very shortly as well...maintaining weight is half the battle - better than gaining :)

Jen - hi there..I am still here :) similar to my bloat empathy for Priscilla, I fall asleep on the couch every night too...way earlier than I should many times :) I am old, what can I do lol

Autumn - my fellow vamp loving friend - where have you gone?

Hey Reena-BS 5 is my first of the BS's...and my first time to use it. Its a good kickboxing workout. The punches are a little more complex and faster than Cathe. Overall I liked it and felt worked out.

Hi everyone. I just went back to the Dr. yesterday at 11 1/2 weeks and he couldn't hear a heartbeat so I go back in 2 weeks (it's normal this early not to hear one). I'm also borderline low on iron so he wants me to supplement-as if I wasn't having enough trouble w/ constipation. Good news - I gained 1/2 pound and the nausea is starting to get better.

Susan - I too am starting off heavier than with my DD so I'm going to try hard this time to not gain 40 like I did before - guess I should stop the Dairy Queen Heath blizzards then, huh? What an awesome compliment from your DH.

Priscilla - glad to hear your not having any nausea but being soo tired isn't fun either. Any cravings yet? Gotta love family honesty.

Jen - I hear you - the nausea is horrible. I had said before I was pregnant that if God lets me become pregnant again I hope I'm nauseous and I'll enjoy everything about it - WHAT was I thinking? What are you able to eat? And don't feel bad about not working out - I took about 5 weeks off - and I didn't lose any strength, endurance, etc.. Sometimes it's just hard listening to your body.

Melanie - what shoes did you get? What is your training regime like?

Susan - I know what you mean about the pooch - don't you love it? I thought for sure that I would have gained more weight since my clothes have been soo tight. Already I feel like my pooch is getting in the way.

Mel2 - The shots will be up until 8 weeks postpartum since that's a high risk time for clots also. I have a niece who had a baby the same night that I miscarried. Noone told me until a few days later. Then, 3 weeks later my SIL had a baby and when I went with my BIL to see the baby I just lost it. I told him that I was happy for them but sad for me because you just want it soo bad and there are soo many emotions that come out at different times and it's tough to deal. I think I must have cried on his shoulder for 5 minutes. Unfortunately, unless people have had m/c they just don't get ithe range of emotions that you feel. Hang in there and enjoy your weekend.

Talk to you later

Wendy- Did the try to hear the heartbeat with the doppler or the ultrasound? I'm glad you are feeling better and way to go on the 1/2 pound! I feel as if I have gained 10 already! I told God that I will take the nausea just so I know that baby is growing and healthy. What was I thinking also??!! I can eat my normal breakfast which is an english muffin, egg beaters and a banana but then after that, it's pretty much carbs all day. DH has tried to get me to eat plain chicken with veggies but it just wasn't appealing. I do try to have at least two bananas because it does help settle my stomach and sometimes some unsweetened applesauce. It's getting a little better these last few days.

Susan- I agree with Wendy! What an awesome compliment especially since you are pregnant! Way to go on your workouts girl! You are my inspiration. ;)

Priscilla- I'm sorry you are tired but you get used to it. I can actually function pretty good at work now. I don't get any naps but I do fall asleep early and sleep about 9 hours now which feels great until its time to get up.

Reena- You are not old girl! You are only as old as you feel! I feel about 80 right now but I am hoping that will change. ;)

Hi Autumn (if you are still out there), Bethany, Mel2 and Melanie!

Hi!
Wendy-at my last appt I was 11 weeks and could only hear a hb with an ultrasound. Next appt's we should be able to hear!! I will be 15 weeks then. My pooch is getting inthe way too!! Now that I am feeling better and wanting healthy things I am really trying to eat healthy so I don't get too darn fat! Is your nausea better? btw I love DQ! I am having trouble with constipation too. Is there anything we can take?
Jen-chicken and veggies totally gagged me for weeks!! Today while we were out shopping we went to Sonic...so I got the healthiest thing I could think of which was a plain chicken sandwich on a wheat bun..man was it GOOD!!! The buns are new and so much better. Of course i tired the cheesecake bites at Sams too though! Don't fret you'll be wanting healthy stuff soon and working out.
Hi Melanie,Mel2, Autumn, Pricialla, Reene, Bethany

HI everyone!!

Today was the very first day I felt morning sickness all day long! Good thing I only worked half a day. I haven't worked out in 3 days and my energy level is so low now. My first appointment is in 2 weeks from now but the paperwork that they mailed me specified that that day I won't be seeing the doctor. I'll be seeing the nurse and I guess she will order the blood work I need. What can I expect for this visit? You think they may do an ultrasound that early (I'll be 7 1/2 weeks)

Wendy, that is awesome that you only gained 1/2 a pound. I haven't weighted myself yet but I used to be 10 pounds lighter 2 years ago, so I hope I can control excessive weight gain. I don't have any specific cravings. I crave sweets all the time, even before getting pregnant. Oh God, I had the most amazing dessert yesterday. FRIED ICE CREAM!!!! Just that one time though LOL

Jen, I am glad the morning sickness is finally getting better for you. Now that you mentioned bananas, I'm gonna get me some, Thanks for the tip!

Susan, I don't know if this is normal but today that I felt nauseaus I was craving for unhealthy stuff. I'm not even gonna list what I ate... of course, I ate it while previewing the new Jari's workout. By the way, I think I don't like it as much as the rest of them. Maybe I'll change my mind when I actually do the workout LOL

Reena, I know what you mean! I'm not looking forward to next week either.

Mel2, Enjoy your free time and don't worry too much about the weight loss, at least you are maintaining your current weight. Do you have CTX or Timesaver, those are great option if you are really busy. I am sure it's hard when your schedule is jammed

Hi Bethany, Autumn, Melanie

Enjoy the weekend!!

Pricilla-sounds like pregnancy has finally hit you with m/c. Hopefully it won't be bad. Just eat often and carbs seem to help. When I let myself get too hungry is when I felt the sickest. Eat what sounds good to you.
I think all dr's are different. I have had an ultrasound at every visit. I think mostly because I was a threatened m/c case. With my dd the blood work and internal us was done first visit. This time around I am having bloodwork my next visit at 15 weeks. I am suprised you won't be seeing the dr your first visit. I guess they are all different.
Hi to everyone. We are all going to do a little shopping this morning then decorate eggs after lunch. Have a great day ladies!

Hey everyone! I am so happy! I worked out this morning! I did Cathe's HSC and boy was it difficult! I can definitely tell I am pregnant. My cardio was definitely not what it used to be. I had to go lower impact on some of the moves because I started to get nauseaous if my heart rate was too high but all in all, it felt great!

Priscilla- Sorry to hear about the m/s but I agree with Susan. Eat small often and carbs are what seem to help me right now. I also have woken up with it in the middle of the night and I found if I something small like toast right before bed then I can sleep through the night without the m/s. Sprite has also been able to settle my stomach better than ginger ale. My dr gave me an ultrasound at 7 weeks but it was for reassurance because of my history of ectopic. We saw the little bean and his heartbeat.

Hi to everyone else! Enjoy the Easter weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.