TTC/Miscarriage Support 4/19

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi ladies. I wanted to get a new thread started. Thanks again for everyone's wonderful support.

This is much tougher emotionally than I thought it would be. I don't feel upset so much about losing the embryo (only 4.5 weeks), put losing the pregnancy & possibility of having a newborn. Does that make sense? I'm frustrated that it took over 9 mos to become pregnant....only to lose it. I"m not sure if I have it in me to try another 9 mos!

So besides weeping episodes (mostly at bedtime & throughout the night), I've had intense periodic cramping with little/no bleeding. I continue to have "morning sickness", although I haven't thrown up since Friday (felt like it today). This gives me a "false sense" that the MC was misdiagnosed. I'm anxious to be done with this!

I started temping a few days back. I'm sure this month won't be a "model" month,...I probably should have waited until my first period. What do you think?

In other news, I ran my 10 miler today & feel my thighs burning! I ran with a good friend of mine & it down poured most of the time. It was very therapeutic! I"ve got just a couple more weeks before the big race...and I'm actually looking forward to getting it done! It's been a tough training time!

Melanie #2, are you guys back to trying?
Bethany, still stomaching the BC pills?

Do we have any other TTCs out there who want to join us?

You preggos out there: I'm looking forward to reading your posts on "pg weekly check ins"......you are so awesome!!!

Melanie, I agree it would be hard not to get your hope up if you're still getting MS symptoms - it's such an emotional area to begin with! Sounds like a good plan to get your levels checked again. And wow, 10 miles?!?! Were you running that much/far before you started training for your race? I think 6 miles is my current limit.

Well I haven't had much to report...I forget my BC pill (first time it happened) at dinner last night and this morning I had some brown-tinged discharge so that made me hopeful that when I do stop these pills I'll at least get periods!! It's been therapeutic not having to worry about TRYing, and not forcing sex on DH every other day.;)

My parents and little brother are visiting from Ohio and they'll be here until Wed, so I've really been enjoying their company.

Hi to everyone else, not sure who will be posting!:eek:

Bethany, thanks for posting,...I was feeling alone. ;)

It's so nice to take a break, isn't it? Ahhhhhh, I remember those days of forgetting BC pills & spotting. So, are you giving DH a break too? I feel like all my hard work is going down the tube. Our sex life was becoming so good,...but last couple weeks I've had ZERO libido & now with this...not sure when it'll come back! Urgh! Frustrating!

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA - this is my week of.... of.... I'm not sure what to call it. Our lil' one's due date was yesterday. I did fine yesterday, but Saturday night I sank into a grief burst. It didn't help that DH and I decided to begin cleaning the basement Saturday... I came across some of my mom's things. My dad passed away 6 years ago today (I'm a daddy's girl BTW), and my mom will be gone 4 years on the 26th. Anyhoo, I will be glad when this week is over. Why do anniversary's and other dates of significance impact me this way? Maybe I'm abnormal???? :confused:

How are each of you?

Melanie ~ will you be around on FB tonight? I think I'll be able to get on later... we can chat if you like. I miss you!

(hugs)(hugs) Autumn! You are not weird, dates are "anniversaries". It is also an important step in healing. I don't believe the date will ever be easy. :(

Yes, I'll be on FB later. I'd love to chat!! Miss you!

(hugs)(hugs) Autumn! You are not weird, dates are "anniversaries". It is also an important step in healing. I don't believe the date will ever be easy. :(

Yes, I'll be on FB later. I'd love to chat!! Miss you!

Thanks Melanie!! Some people look at me like I've asked them to donate a vital organ when I say these "anniversaies" are difficult for me. :confused: A woman suggested I seek grief counseling a couple of years ago b/c I miss my mom. :(:confused: I guess I wasn't supposed to miss my mom after a specified length of time...... I am guessing a year. But, other people have reassured me I'm ok.

I know I can chat after 9 but will probably be on before that though I will be interrupted by the kiddos until they get to bed. C-ya on FB later....

Autumn,
Don't listen to those people. I am an anniversary remember person also. I think you ever get over those types of losses, it just gets easier to manage.

Melanie,
!!!!! I just read other other post!!!!! I am so excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed!

Reena,
How's the TTC this month?

Bethany,
I am hopeful for you too. Also, I am so glad you are enjoying your "break"

I am still waiting for cycle #2, I've still got about another 1-2 weeks. I have a conference in May to go to, so I am taking a "break" until June/July cycles.
Mel2

Hi there. I"m tired & still sore from my Sunday run. I have some brown spotting again today, very little,...but I still don't like it. I suspect it's b/c I was on my feet all day...where last couple days I was home & I didn't spot at all. :(

I have another HCG level draw tomorrow & progesterone level...they wouldn't prescribe progesterone unless my levels are low/low-normal. My u/s is scheduled at ob/gyn for Monday,...but I will only see dr if there's a problem...otherwise they'll schedule ob appt at 11 weeks....which makes me uncomfortable at this point.

So that's my follow up for the day.

Don't listen to those people. I am an anniversary remember person also. I think you ever get over those types of losses, it just gets easier to manage.

Thanks Mel2! :D It is funny, this is almost exactly what I've said to everyone when I talk about loss. I learned it from my friends who lost children and believe it applies to the loss of those people we carry in our hearts. For me, it hasn't gotten easier but I've learned to live and manage the pain.

Hi there. I"m tired & still sore from my Sunday run. I have some brown spotting again today, very little,...but I still don't like it. I suspect it's b/c I was on my feet all day...where last couple days I was home & I didn't spot at all. :(

I have another HCG level draw tomorrow & progesterone level...they wouldn't prescribe progesterone unless my levels are low/low-normal. My u/s is scheduled at ob/gyn for Monday,...but I will only see dr if there's a problem...otherwise they'll schedule ob appt at 11 weeks....which makes me uncomfortable at this point.

I was just wondering where you've been today... which made me worry. I am praying girlie!!

No news to report. I won't be HPTable until this weekend, but I had a UTI during my fertile days. :rolleyes: But my libido did override UTI symptoms. :D It is in God's hands now.

Hope all is well with each of you. See ya tomorrow.

Autumn~ thanks, girlie! You can pray for me anytime!!! LOL on libido overdrive during UTI...you are AN ANIMAL!!!! ROOOOOOOARRRRR!!

I have tomorrow off....but will work 3-10 hour shifts R, F & Sat. I plan on doing very little tomorrow!!!!

HCG levels doubled, 6116 today! Now I'm going to try to relax until my u/s on Monday. I"m not out of the trouble zone yet....still have slight brown spotting,.. Please don't stop your prayers!!!

Im trying to remember. I think I started spotting at about 6.5 weeks and Im talking dark red blood at times. I was for SURE I was miscarrying. I spotted off and on for 2 weeks. Dr blamed it on cervical changes.

Melanie

Melanie

I have been lurking lately and reading your posts. I'm praying it is the miracle you have been waiting for. Hang in there, my sister in law's sister have been spotting on and off and she is now 21 weeks pregnant (a baby girl on the way). HUGS!

router broke, so no internet at home for 5 days....yuck.

Just logged on to such fantastic news from Melanie - tons of prayers for you .... cautiously optimistic and anxiously anticipating confirmed good news.

Mel2 - June/July is a good time to try just because you don't have to be in third trimester in the heat of summer, depending on where you live.... :) thank you for thinking of me....I think you and I will be trying together because I doubt I will be pregnant before then...not sure what is going on this month....i was late last month, so not sure if my days will follow my usual average cycle or last month's longer cycle...since my temp didn't spike yet, I am thinking it is going to be a longer cycle, so we are trying, but have been so busy with 2 Easters, it hasn't been as whole hearted as the past 2 months or so because I have been exhausted between work and family obligations.....

Hi to whoever else is still posting or lurking here....

Hey Melanie -- this is wonderful news! I will keep praying for you!

Reena --I know what u mean. Where did April go?? I got AF today. So, I now have two cycles down. I can begin at any time. But likely we will wait until June. My prime time for conception will be approx. the same time I will be away for a conference (May 16-21). Plus we have our hands full right now. We just adopted/rescued a doggie (2.5yrs old). It has been a handful getting the dogs and cat acclimated.

Mel2

Hi everyone! Just popping in to congratulate Melanie. That is wonderful news! I will keep prayers coming your way that you will have a healthy pregnancy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.