Top 5 favorite vids when pregnant?

Titus2woman

I'm just curious what your favorites are now that you are expecting and needing to modify a little here and there.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Sandi,
My top five favorites right now are:

IMAX2 (only modify some of the plie jacks)
ALL Pure Strength (can that count as one?)
HSTA
ALL CTX, especially the cardio
Viper

I don't do Bootcamp or IMAX3. When I do Supersets, I choose the Premix without the abs.

Susan C.M.

Susan, I am thoroughly impressed:)

Sandi-not my top 5, but my pregnancy favorites for now

My current rotation (I'm almost 32 weeks along) uses the following videos/dvds (and not in this order)--

The Pure Strength series
Cardio and Weights
Low Impact Step and Total Body Sculpting (new)--the leg/cardio premix
Muscle Max
Body Fusion
Step, Jump, and Pump step only, Power Max, Low Max, Step Jam
Lots of stationary biking

I mix these up, alternate weeks, so a sample might look like this--I do vary some of the cardio stuff.

PS CST+Power Max, part 2
PS legs (standing)+bike 30 min
PS BB (no abs)+Power Max, sections 1&3
bike 1 hour
Body Fusion
bike 1 hour
rest

MM upper body+bike 20 min
MM legs+low max, sections 1-6 (my back can't handle the kick box stuff of interval 7)
bike 1 hour
Cardio and Weights
bike 1 hour
LIS/TBS lower body/cardio premix

Anyway, that's what I'm doing for now

Maggie:)

OH GOOD! The PS series is what I hope to tackle next week! I'm not sure about what cardio for in-between and am kinda scared... Maybe it should be Leslie Sansone! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Last time around my favorites were:
1. cathe-wedding tape-step
2. gay gasper-cia-step-n-strike
3. firm -stregth/firm cardio
4. firm standing legs/upper body
5. firm cardio sculpt blaster

Sandi--

Pure Strength works very well for me pregnant. It is the only time I use this consistantly, because I love Slow and Heavy and the Gymstyles for strength when I am not pregnant.

All the stuff I do on my back, I do on an incline. Also, for bench press, I find it very hard to lift a barbell and get on my back with it, so I use dumbells instead.

ETA-do whatever you can for cardio. Our bodies are all different in what they can handle during pregnancy. My belly gets so large (I'm one of those women who gets asked twin and triplet questions on a regular basis) that I simply cannot do any jumping at this stage of the game without risking my back, but there are women on these forums, such as Susan, above, who can almost do their regular cardio routine. So my advice is that if Leslie Sansone gets you moving and in the habit of exercise, without risking injury, that's what you should do. We can all push ourselve a bit more post partum.

Have fun
Maggie:) :7

Maggie is right. You will find some exercises better for YOU than others. I was barely three months pregnant when I realized I can not run, or jog for that matter. This body can not even trot across the street to the mailbox, however, I can do jumping jacks all day!
Have you tried Cathe's Low Impact Step and Strength? Those are very good workouts too.
Susan C.M.

Susan--isn't it wierd what we can and cannot do during pregnancy? I waddle terribly when I walk and have tons of braxton hicks, yet I can step (low impact) and bike and lift heavy with no problems--but walking almost kills me. Go figure :p

Maggie:)

It is funny~I find I can do my weighted exercise videos easily, but cleaning my house, believe it or not, wears me out!

I wasn't a runner or jumper before, so I'm DEFINITELY not now. I have to force the cardio, even low impact, because it seems like sooo much more a chore than weights to me.

(((((HUGS))))) sandi

It's funny how people's bodies have such different reponses. I have not gotten that large, but for some reason I found that from early on, I could no longer run . Step, however, remains doable (but I never do intervals anymore). I have also favored total body weight workouts as more efficient, since my goals are so different (maintain rather than build strength).

These are NOT necessarily my faves when not pg, but they have been the most useful to me these past 8 months.

SJP cardio & weights circuit premix
Low Max step only premix
Push-Pull
Body Fusion
KPC (I find this really easy to modify)

I have given up heavy weights . I almost do no weight training.x(

But I still have success with cardio.

KPC
Step Blast
Cardio Kicks
Kathy Smith Kickboxing
Body Fusion

The only workout I didn't do past my 4th month was Bootcamp and other circuits. However, I did do High Step Circuit and Cardio and Weights but the others just seemed to get my heartrate up too high. Everything else I did. My top picks during pregnancy:

Low Impact Step
Basic Step/Body Fusion
Muscle Max
KPC
IMAX 2

Thanks everybody for all info. I am 6 weeks prego and wanted to know if jumps and the great step workouts were still doable. All your answers were soooo helpful:D I have been working out for years but I started Step after my first was born March 2005 and it's so much fun, my body was better than ever from step than using the gym. I really want to continue doing it through my pregnancy, my doc said it was ok but not to overexert. I was super concerned about jumping though. Thanks for this great forum:* Any advise is welcomed as I try to stay stepping through this pregnancy;) ;)

I noticed several of you suggested Pure Strength. I don't have that series.

Right before finding out I was pregnant, I bought Slow and Heavy. I also have the Gym Styles. Assuming I don't lay flat on my back or lift too much weight, are these not good for pregnancy?

I'm in Week 20 now. I have been very hit or miss with my workouts, but am ready to commit to my fitness program now.

My sister in law just had a baby. She said her lack of upper body strength is very obvious with a 4 month old. I know I can't go for great strength gains, but I would like to prepare my body for when the baby is actually here :)

Now I'm bummed that I hadn't tried Pure Strength series. My pg favorites have varied from pregnancies, but these are a couple:

Cardio & Weights
Imax 2
KPC
Turbo Sculpt
Turbo Cardio Jam 2 Mix
Tae Chi (Janis Saffel)

All these are easy to modify. I had to give step aerobics up a couple of months ago b/c my back was aching so badly. :( I find that kickboxing is easier to modify then step.

I can't wait to get back into my vigorous regimen. About 6 weeks left for that. Maybe I should get a ticker for that?!?!?

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.