stretch marks

Heather1974

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get a little info for a friend in China. They are looking to buy Tummy Honey butter & Palmer's cocoa butter message lotion for his wife. Has anyone used these and felt they worked?

Thanks for the help.

I used it religiously day and night, and still woke up with stretch marks one day at 35 weeks. I only gained 25 lbs. So I was just not one of the genetically lucky ones!

You're either going to get them, or your not. And I now believe others when they said that no amount of buttering, water drinking, etc... will help. You're either prone to them, or no. If your mom got them, you're likely to. If not, you have more of a chance.

There are cases when people don't have the same experience as their mom's, but from what I've read, they're fairly rare.
Either way, good luck to her!

I agree... I have a few tiny ones on my hips, but nothing on my stomach and I never applied a thing to prevent stretch marks.. just used cocoa butter for dry skin occasionally and I have 4 kids. So I think you either are going to get them or not.. now I think it does help with itching.

I agree with FitMommyof2. I got them on my hips and butt but not on my tummy. I did use lotion to relieve the itching. You are going to get what you get.

I got them with my first pregnancy but I gained alot due to preeclampsia. I didn't get a single one with my second but I didn't have that and worked out the whole time. I even gained like 40 lbs (which was normal for me cause I looked fit). I haven't got any yet this time. HOPE I DON'T! but I think staying in shape and not gaining too much helps alot. I think I'm genetically disposed to them. (I even got a few at puberty) but you can try to help by drinking lots of water, exercising and I think lotion can't hurt. seems if the skin gets all dried out it may be more likely to break(get stretchmarks) sooner. Some people may have genes that they won't get them no matter how dry thier skin is I guess. With my second I bought some really pricey lotion from GNC to avoid stretchmarks. I dunno if it really helped but it made my skin feel really good and made me feel like I was helping (if I was or not I dunno for sure).

If your mom got them, you're likely to. If not, you have more of a chance.

There are cases when people don't have the same experience as their mom's, but from what I've read, they're fairly rare.
Either way, good luck to her!

Don't forget - we get genes from our fathers and we can even dip futher back into the gene pool. :) Statistically, 90% of women get stretch marks with pregnancy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.