Spotting and freaking out

melimcn

Cathlete
I'm 8 weeks at this point and just started spotting today.
Mostly brown, both light and dark. It seems to be "watery", but I have had a bit of red too.
I go for my first doc appt tomorrow, so I haven't bothered to call them.

Has anyone else had this? More importantly, has anyone else had this and gone on to have a perfectly fine pregnancy?

I'm seriously a wreck right now.

Sometimes people bleed during their pregnancy and they have fine outcomes. I would suggest you calling your md just to let them know. For you and your baby's well being I would call to put your mind at ease

melissa

I am now 7 months and had red/brown spotting around 6 weeks till 8 weeks. All was fine. Your doctor may do an ultrasound to see what is going on. If you are not having cramps i would not worry. I had spotting with bad cramps last year, and it was the start of a miscarriage.

Good luck!

I never had any spotting with my miscarriage, and that was my only pregnancy so I really have no helpful advice. Just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking about you and wishing you a healthy pregnancy with no complications. Try to stay positive, I know bleeding can be normal and I know if it isn't bright red, that is good. Good Luck!

All four of my pregnancies have had varying degrees of spotting, mostly like you described- brown with a little red, between weeks 6 and 9. good luck. It's a good sign if you're not cramping.

i had cramping and bleeding (heavier than spotting) and i was checked at 7 weeks - they saw a good heartbeat. i had a little more spotting last weekend (8wks) but it was very small and brownish.it is terrifying, i know. i recommend you call your dr as it can be very reassuring to se or hear a heartbeat. good luck!

Thanks to all of you ladies!!!
I'm relly trying to stay positive and remind myself that if this IS going to result in a miscarriage, it's becuase it was meant to be.

I go for an ultrasound later today, so fingers crossed for good news!

Hi everyone, just wanted to update...
Went for the ultrasound yesterday and everything looked great! Strong little heartbeat and sizing right where I should be at 8 weeks.

While I'm still spotting and wary, I feel immensely better. The doc said that unless it gets worse or I start severly cramping, to try not to freak out about it too much, that it can be normal for many women. (like all of you said!)

Thanks for all of your well wishes. Now all I have to do is find the energy to work out more. This has been a tough week for that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am very happy to hear that. I read your post yesterday, and I was thinking about you. Now, you can relax.
-Jen

Melissa,

Congratulations, I know you from the Tae bo forums too. So happy to hear your expecting. I guess you haven't announced it. I'll keep you in my prayers for a happy & healthy pregnancy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.