Sister had baby...

wendyloo

Cathlete
Hi! I'm so excited to have become an aunt last night for the first time! My sister, 35 years old, had a little baby girl, 7 lb .6 oz. I have yet to see her (she lives in NY and I'm in AZ), but of course she is the most beautiful baby ever, I'm sure!
My sister had preeclampsia and was in the hospital for a week before the baby was born, and was induced on Thursday morning. She was in labor for 14 hours and pushed for 3 hours, during which time she had a seizure :-(. The doctor assures her this is part of preeclampsia, but I'm wondering about it because my dad had epilepsy... Can anyone reassure me?
Thanks,
Wendy :)

Hi Wendy!

First of all, congratulations on being an auntie! It's a wonderful thing, and the very next best thing to holding your own baby is to hold your niece or nephew. You're in for SUCH great times, and I hope you'll get to visit your sister and your little niece (actually, your NOT so little niece -- healthy-sized baby, that one! :)) very soon!

I don't know anything about preeclampsia, but I'm sure if your sister's doctor feels comfortable with your sister's condition then she's fine. If it would make YOU feel better, you might ask your brother-in-law to make sure her doctor knows about your dad's condition so that any connection can be ruled out.

Try not to worry too much about your sis, and let yourself bask in all the good news -- she's fine and the baby's fine. I'm sure it will stay that way!

Kathy S.

Wendy,
CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an aunt. I remember very well the day I became an aunt. It was so thrilling. I am crazy over my niece. She's 10 now and already getting to the "cool" phase. She's always been a real sweetie. Enjoy being an aunt!

Lisa

Congratulations Aunt Wendy!! Being an aunt is so much fun and special!
Hope your sister has a speedy recovery!
Erica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.