Short jeans

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Hi Cathe! (or anyone else under 5'4")

I noticed in your picture that your jeans are of normal length. Can you tell me where you found maternity jeans for the shorter individual? I do NOT want to have mine tailored if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

Hi Tammy! Oh boy was I excited when I found these jeans for that exact reason. I got them at Babies R' Us in the maternity section (during my last pregnancy).

Thanks for the recommendation Cathe. I'm just 5'3" and have been having a heck of a time finding pregnancy clothes for petites. Any other suggestions?

Thanks! Diana

If the average American woman is 5'3 and 3/4", like I keep reading, why is 5'3" considered "petite"? Everyone I know who is under 5'5" considers themselves short, but they are just average. I think this is part of a cultural delusion.

I think it's because in the "real" world, retailer's don't have your information. Hence, "regular" or "average" length pants seem to fit people over 5'5". It's the retailer's that consider "petites" 5'4" and under "petite". So we buy petite or ankle length pants and jeans!

LOL -- problems all around. I'm 5'10", and I'm so sick of buying pants that turn into floods after one washing! Much easier to hem or roll up a cuff than to find something long enough to begin with.
susan :)

I am not short, or even average, but I always want to stick up for women who think they are shorter than they really are, statistically speaking of course. I wear a 32 or 34 inch inseam, so my solution is to always buy men's pants. I dont even know what size I wear in women's.

I wish I could wear men's pants... too tight in the hips for me... or, if I buy them to fit in the hips, the waist is too big...

Life was easier when I was pregnant with my son -- I lived in NC then, and I wore shorts for a good part of my pregnancy even though he was born in February! :) Now I'm in Maine, and even thought the baby is due in May, I doubt it'll be shorts weather by then. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not sure I can venture into public with my legs this year -- varicose veins!!
Susan

The waist is usually a little big, I just wear a belt, or wear something over the waist of the pants. But if I buy women's pants, they really really don't fit!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.