Shock Cardio

welch

Cathlete
Just wondering if any of you pregnant gals ordered Shock Cardio and whether you're going to attempt it while pregnant? My assumption is that it's probably too high impact or would cause me to become out of breath too easily. Travel Fit looks like it might be okay, and maybe some of the MMA workouts too. I ordered way back when the pre-order was first offered and I hate to just stare at it on my shelf for 8 months. This is probably a dumb question, but I was just wondering what your thoughts are?

Thanks & have a great weekend,
Carrie

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm excited to receive my pre-order, but at 26 weeks--not sure how much I can do. I was thinking maybe the step workouts could be modified ?

Definitely will be great postpartum to aspire to!! ;)

Judy

OMG! I thought I was the only one thinking along these lines. I preordered way back when, I'm only 7 weeks preg but cant wait to get mine. I think if you already have been working out with cathe for a while before you were pregnant you should be fine. I was looking at the clips for the hiit and I think it should be fine with modifications. Like instead of using the risers that the girls use you can bring it down to 1 set of risers. You down know until you try.....Modify Modify Modify. I think Travel Fit is perfect

Same here. I'll give some of them a try, and some probably not. The circuit workouts look too jumpy for my taste - even when I'm not preggo. But I'm very interested in Hiit and Tavel Fit especially.

I'll give them a shot, and modify whatever I need to.

I received my box tonight! So excited but looking at the clips of all the videos, most have LOTS of higher impact, jumpy moves. So I'll be modifying and will be VERY much looking foward to the day I can give it my all. Think I'm going to try Step Moves in the morning (when I actually HAVE energy!)

So I may have to just stare at my Shock Cardio dvds for awhile. I had some bleeding this week, so my doctor said no weight lifting, and to take it easy on the exercise. I'm really paranoid about the bleeding because I've had problems in the past, so I feel like I just have to sit completely still now (well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit). Anyway, my beautiful Shock Cardio came the other day and now I can't even bring myself to open the box because I know I'll want to try it. If you guys find it easy to modify, please let me know. I'm heartbroken to think about having to give up Cathe for awhile, but obviously I'll do whatever is best for this pregnancy.

Thanks,
Carrie

Sorry, Carrie, to hear about the bleeding. I had a little earlier in the 2nd trimester and understand how hard it is to lay around! Thankfully mine stopped and I'm back to exercising (for sanity and weight control!)

Just an update, I've done MMA Kickbox, Athletic Step and Step Moves and LOVE them all....I, of course, had to modify a little, but got a great workout and felt ALIVE again :) I think I have to hold off on the circuits till post-partum but I'm in the beg. of my 3rd trimester and hoping I can at least keep doing these 3 (plus travel fit and boxing hopefully) for several more weeks.

Happy day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.