Question for those who have already had a baby before

amynicole

Cathlete
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm 34 weeks along. I swear, I am so much bigger than with my 1st 2 and I am gaining less weight. Is it just me or have others gotten bigger with each pregnancy?? I feel so huge. I am not imagining it because I looked at photos of myself at the same stage with my first 2 and I am clearly much larger in the belly. Just wanted to see if it is only me.

This is definitely the case with me... I have an 11 day old son... I gained less weight this time, but ended up at about the same weight overall (I'd gained a few before I got pregnant)... but I was definitely more snug in my pregnancy clothes at the end... and (gasp!!) my postpartum body is showing what I didn't want to acknowledge during my pregnancy... I was DEFINITELY pregnant in my BUTT this time! LOL. This baby was a few ounces bigger than my first (first was 9 lbs. 2 oz... the 2nd was 9 lbs. 6 oz.) and was born a week early... so that may have been part of it, too -- my OB said I likely would've had a 10 pounder if I'd gone to my due date.

Wow! You are almost there! :)
Susan

I think for most women this is true. My friend is due with her second child any day now and has felt huge for a long time and says she is much bigger than with her first. I have also heard that women generally need maternity clothes sooner in subsequent pregnancies.
I carry my pregnancies really small. Right now I am 28 1/2 weeks in my third pregnancy and don't even need maternity clothes. All of my kids were normal size babies, but I just don't show and don't gain much weight (don't want to jinx myself here - I still have 11 1/2 weeks to go!!). I did start out overweight, though, and I think that could be a factor.
Erica

Yes, that is possible. My mother was overweight with me. I was an 8 lb newborn and she only gained 5 pounds during the pregnancy!! I was a thin person pre-pregnancy, had an 8 1/2 pound baby, and gained 35 pounds. It was all gone in a couple of months. I have never understood how my mother could have gained just five pounds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.