Pretty Preggos Aug 9-15

Susank41

Cathlete
Hi!
Hope the absence of everyone means you guys are having a great weekend!
We did decide to back out of the sale. I had a few meltdowns about it. I just cannot imagine moving 2 weeks before having a baby whle in school. No regrets though. We feel good about the decision. It just happened too fast and we didnt have time to really think about it.
We have been hanging out today and swam for a while. Being in the pool feels so good to my body.
Im in my 31st week..I cannot believe it!
About to take Haley to cheer practice.
Waves to everyone!:)

PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Sept. 25 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck - Dec 26
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Last edited:
Hi Susan & other moms. Thanks for starting us out.....I looked her a couple times but was too lazy to get us started. :eek: Susan, (hugs)(hugs) on the house thing....I know that the decision wasn't an easy one. (hugs)(hugs)

I finally have baby fever.:eek: A very good and wise friend told me, "You need to prepare a nursery, not a coffin". Ouch. It was exactly what I needed to hear. These precious girls will be born and they will be perfectly healthy. Period.

35 weeks puts me @ Nov 14th for a delivery date (give/take a few days). I have about 14 weeks left and I don't like to procrastinate. So.....went thru 3 bins of baby clothes....separated boy stuff from girl/unisex stuff, and then a friend gave/loaned me a bassinet, exersaucer, and swing The twins room (my current computer room) is filling up quickly. :eek::eek:

I've felt the babies move around some today, which makes me super happy. I was hoping to get a nap in, but no such luck. :( I work tomorrow, but in town so I can sleep in until 8AM.

Hope everyone is having a restful Sunday. :D

Waves to all!

I totally forgot about the roll call on my thread start..sorry!! I"ll see if it will let me edit.
Melanie-so excited you felt the girls move! THey will be turning flips soon! Have you thought about names..do you think you'll stay with J's? Sorry you didnt get a nap..but you'll get some good rest tonight!
I feel so relieved about the house situation...soooooooo much better!
Everyone get some sleep tonight!

Happy Monday!
Oh..my aching butt! The past 2 nights the butt pain has come back with a vengence! I sleep about 4 hours then I toss and turn trying to get comfortable. I will survivie though...I cannot wait to meet this baby!!!!
Im doing a little online shopping at Justice for Haley. I can get 40% off through today and I almost forgot.
Melanie-I bet you are still snoozing! Good for you. Im glad your days won't be as long this week.
Today we have a few errands, cheer practice and hanging out. Its our last full week with no school. We both start on the 19th.
Yesterday I did a Leslie...I ordered a few of her walking workouts for easy days. They are easy workouts, but I feel good that I at least moved...but boy does that women GET ON MY LAST NERVE! Most of all....the same songs are in each workout...that really gripes me! Today I will step.
BBS to check up on your gals...where ya been??????

Good morning Susan! I'm sorry your so achy. Don't want to sound like a pill-pusher,....but I'd recommend 1000mg Tylenol this AM (and maybe right before bedtime to help with your AM soreness). Heat works great too!

I woke up early & took a super duper long HOT shower (turning the temp down when I rinsed off my front). It really helps for my aching body!!!

I almost feel lazy getting ready for this job: 9-530, and it's only 10 minutes from the house! I'm going to skip my hose today,...but I have my belly bra & thong on. :D :D

Waves to all you busy mommies out there!!!!!

Hello everyone! I was by the pool all day yesterday! It was so wonderful! I worked out yesterday and did a bunch of cleaning so my back was really sore. I floated in the pool all afternoon and didn't feel pregnant until I felt James kick.

Melanie- Hooray for a short day! Hopefully it goes by fast! Interesting comment your friend made, I'm glad it helped and you are excited! You should be and you deserve it!

Susan- Sorry that your butt pain is back. I agree with Mel about the Tylenol before bed, it really helps me get some sleep at night. Sounds like you made the right decision about the house. It will all work out the way it is supposed to.

Waves to all! I have a busy week so I don't know how much I'll be on but I have a dr's appt today so I will check back to update!

Nothing step sounding inviting so I did 40 min on tm/ellip.

Melanie-I sure wish you could work in town all the time. Is that possible in the future??My butt doesnt bother me during the day but do take Tylenol at night sometimes. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesnt.

Jen-I have been getting in the pool everyday. Doesnt it feel so good..but I feel like a ton of bricks when I get out! My varicose vein along with all my aches just go away while in the pool! Can't wait to hear about your appt.

Hi everyone!

Do you remember when you did Cathe's calf workouts (I'm thinking Gym Style Legs or 4 DS Lower Intensity Step) and you could feel your calves burn at the end when she would add on bonus calf lifts? :) Well, I've been waking up in the middle of the night with such major calf cramps that it almost feels like that--but worse! Still I don't mean to complain. I can stretch out my calves and the pain goes away, but I feel for those with butt pains. How do you stretch that out?? :)

33 weeks! I keep telling myself full-term is 4 to 7 more weeks. Yippee! Baby is very active and I'm getting some nice "you're all baby" comments. (I think I'm just hiding my increased thighs and butt well. :) ).

I was able to do Cathe's Basic Step this weekend on just a platform. That went pretty well, but I was sweating up a storm at the end. I also tried 30 minutes of a high-low workout (Christi Taylor); although at this point the workout was truly low-low (think jumping jacks are now kick your leg low to the side).

All is well though. Cravings and hunger pains have subsided. Yeah! I know every pregnancy is different, but for me, emotionally, every month has gotten easier (not physically but you deal). It's amazing how much higher my spirits are now than they were 7.5 months ago.

Anyway, waves and good wishes to all. I was thinking that it would be fun to meet up with you all months from now on the fit moms' forum. :)

Take care,
Dawn

Hi ladies. Today went by quickly. :D And we even broke a store record at the store I was at. :p

Dawn, post some belly pics. :D

Had a busy day here. Errands, Haley's friend came over to swim, cheer practice..whew!
Had a healthy dinner of fish stick, mac/cheese, brocolli :rolleyes:

Mel-glad you had a good day!!
Dawn-HI!

Hello pretty preggos, sorry for my long absent. I'm still alive & almost 21 weeks pregnant. I'm having a girl, again ( this would be the 3rd one ). My due date change to Dec. 23rd.
I'm still pretty active & working out 6x a week. I did run this am & did MM lower body only then tomorrow I'm planning to do LIC UB only.

Melanie-you described your day as going by fast and a record breaker..so I figured it wasnt horrible ;) Sorry you are so tired. Get some good sleep tonight.
I have taken my tylenol and been sitting on the heating pad. I hope its not a bad night! Drinking my choc milk and about to hit the hay!

Nite nite!

Susan, it wasn't too terrible. I was just teasing you! :p I haven't had a "good day" at work in months. Seriously, it's just alot harder to work with almost 30 lbs in your middle. LOL Stamina. That's what I'm working on!!!!

Morning!
The tylenol and heating pad helped..I did get more sleep last nigth! I hope everyone did! Kara did wake me up with the hiccups at one point..but I got back to sleep.
weight today was 134.00..up .2

Workout will be weights today. I find it easier to do weights than cardio these days. It will be a rainy day today so at least it won't be as hot.

Melanie-hope your day isnt :mad: today!! :D Will you ever be able to work in town exculsivly?

Jen-how did you appt go?

Morning waves to everyone!

Good morning beautiful preggo women! Appt was long cause it was dr's first day back from vacation and very busy but everything with James is perfect. He measure my belly and seems to think I am going to have a small baby but said we will know for sure next month at my last u/s. He gave a prescription for Tami Flu because I work with children and families and my concern of the swine flu. DH is also a police officer so he comes in contact with the public everyday. So I will just keep it on hand in case I need it. And for the bad part.....

I am up 9lbs! Whew! I hope this was just my heavy gaining month! SO that puts me at a total of 25 lbs already. But I am still going to try and keep up with my workouts and eating healthy. I can't believe I am almost in the homestretch!

Dawn- I know EXACTLY what you mean about the leg cramps feeling like a hard calf workout. I can't wait to feel sore from the good workout and not the darn cramps.

Susan- Yum! Mac n cheese and fish sticks! I used to eat that alot as a kid when it was my dad's turn to cook dinner. ;) Glad to hear the Tylenol and heating pad helped.

Melanie- Glad your day went by fast. Mine did too. Those are always the best days when I can plop on the couch and not remember what happened.

Welcome back bunekek! Glad as is well! Congrats on the little girl (again)! ;)

Hi to everyone else! BBL!

Hi ladies,

Does anybody watch The Office?? Stupid funny but makes laugh so hard. I have been catching up on old episodes this past weekend.

I have felt sleepy all day today. I couldn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up every hour and my back and hips were hurting. I am just glad it's all worthy. Baby was moving a lot too!

Oh Dawn, I forgot those leg cramps too. It feels like a knot in the calves

Jen, glad everything went well for you yesterday. My next app. is not until the 24th and I'm trying to watch what I eat too. I am snacking on proteins more often, that seems to help.

buneknek, congrats on the baby girl!. We are just two weeks apart.

Waves to all the preggos

Check back later!

Last edited:
Hi!
Boring day here so far. Going to the eye dr in a few to get my new glasses and have my contacts checked out.
I did an old Firm this morning. Total body shaping mix..something like that.
I think I might take a few days off and see if it helps my energy level. I just drag all day long! Poor Haley is wanting to do all kind of stuff and it seems like i tell her Im too tired all the time. I heave eaten my weight in sugar today..BAD GIRL! I am feeling gross now because of it.

Pricialla-I know the hip pain all too well!! You are right..its all worthy!

Melanie-having a super day??

Jen-glad your appt went well. I am just waiting for a big gain appt..I know its coming. I had a 10lb gain one month with Haley.

bbl

Hi, ladies!!

I'm so envious of those of you with pool access. That must be heavenly :)

Susan, sounds like you and DH made the right decision for your family regarding the house. I would think moving within 2 weeks of having a baby would be very chaotic. Like emotions aren't all over the place already, right?

Melanie, your computer room sounds like mine! The crib is in there, but not put together. There are boxes and crates of clothes/burp cloths/receiving blankets/ etc. I remembered to grab DD's infant car seat from my parents' house, so it's in there too (but I did manage to get the seat cover washed :)).

Sorry to all with butt pain. Sounds like, well, a real pain in the butt! Dawn, I remember waking up a few times due to calf cramping. My calves would still hurt the next morning. I continue to suffer from hip discomfort. The joys of pregnancy, eh? But, sounds like we're a pretty lucky group as a whole -- I'm sure we're all grateful for the few pangs and pains since our pregnancies seem to be mostly uneventful :D

Had my 34 week appt yesterday. Like Jen, my doc was just back from vacation so he was double booked. But his other 9:30 didn't show up! It was the quickest appt I've ever had -- less than 15 minutes in the office!

I can't believe I'm down to 6 weeks -- I still remember the complete shock of the positive test in January!! This year has FLOWN by!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.