pretty mommies 5/4---5/???

chefkate

Cathlete
never know what date it is and i dont feel like figuring it out so there!:p

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
enjoy that baby!!!

set a fitness oal & meet it!
im having no cheats toay! i fell off he wagon yday and landed on my face then the wagon ran over me! not happenin today!
picture yourself succeeding!

becky, we need an update! how are the new digs?

goodmorning Kate!

fitness goal set for today-- one cardio session and upperbody. All I have to do is fill in the blanks (60 min cardio/PUB or Kettlebells). Today is beautiful!! sun is out and dogs are quiet (had to give them a rib bone to get them to that state!!:eek:). Kind of sad-- had to drop Anna off @ daycare. I'm getting ready to head back to work next week :(

sydney amen to sun out/quiet pets! not sure where our menagerie is....i like it!:p it is a beeee -yoootiful day here & ive got the mood to match it! have a great wo!!
oooh, that maternity leave went so fast didnt it!:( hope anna does well there!

-
have some time to kill before i pick up isabel at pre-k. going to take my 20-lb weighted vest, aka julia:p, for a walk outside.
starting meso3 tonight - send me energy vibes!!! likely wont get started til 8.

Hi mamas!

Kate--Way to rally the troops, girl! I love your posts! I also fell off the wagon, it ran over me, backed up and ran over me again, yesterday. Let's just say there were chocolate chip cookies on the wagon. :eek: And bread. :eek: And wine. :eek: Not today, though!! Funny thing is, I woke up and weighed lighter than I did yesterday. Go figure. Mean old nasty AF is here and she makes me crave chocolate, unfortunately. BUT I bought these wonderful things at the store yesterday. If you guys like almonds... they are Blue Diamond's cocoa roasted almonds. Not chocolate covered. They just are dusted with cocoa. Healthy, yet very decadent. Good snack.

Sydney--I know daycare can be SO hard. I worked full-time when Oliver, my oldest, was born. I had to make DH take him in the mornings because I'd always leave in tears. I got to pick him up in the afternoons, and it was SUCH a sweet experience. Just wait until you go to pick her up and she smiles and coos excitedly to see you and later on yells "MOMMY!" and runs to see you. Despite all of the "guilt" I felt, I still feel that those years where I worked and Oliver was in daycare gave me MORE quality time with him because the evenings and weekends were never taken for granted. Sometimes when we stay home with our little ones, we get busy doing other things around the house and don't savor every moment of the kiddos. Plus, Oliver is such a social child. I think daycare really made him a very well-rounded person. (I know you didn't ask for a pep talk, but my heart always tugs for mommies when they have to start daycare. I wanted you to know that it really is OK!! :))

Well, today I plan on doing S&H again -- legs and shoulders. I am doing this each week for a month. MWF are for S&H and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I'll do a 20-minute run on the treadmill and ab circuits. I'm happy we moved the treadmill in. My boys have LOVED it. I have to hide the key to it so they don't sneak on it when we're not around. They're only allowed to be on it when DH or I are with them, controlling the speed. Oliver ran a mile Saturday and Sunday on it. Now if I could just get them to eat veggies, we'd be on the right track!!

Hope you all have a great week! I'm dying to start a new "project" around here. I'm thinking about eventually turning Charlie's room into a playroom and bunking all three boys in the same room. DH thinks I"m crazy. But they have a single-over-double bunk bed, and I think it would be a great use of space. I want a Peter-Pan type nursery for them. Anyway... I also want to plant some flowers. I'm on a rose kick. If any of you raise roses and have any tips for me, please let me know.

Better end this opus!! Sorry I was so long-winded today! Excited to start a new week!!

stephanie, great plan on the wo's!! show that bod who's boss!!:):)
i love planning projects! i have a small area outside im going to have m put some rhododendrons in. i love spring! need to go buy flowers for my window boxes!
too cute on olivre & the mile! our dds love the ellip but know we have to be down there w/ them.

we put up a 15' trampoline this wkend. hello, calorie burn!:cool: and they think its for them! ha!:p

Kate - How was the walk? Is it warm now?
Sydney - Wow, back to work already?
Steph - I had roses at our old place. They were pretty low maintenance and bloomed a lot. I think pruning was the trick for us.

Off to take Pomai to the dr. for her 6mo checkup. Boo for shots, but hoping she does okay again. Kids have the day off school so busy house today. Goal - Get my workout in! For the week, low carbing it. BBL.

Lisa

lisa, walkwas great, thanks! perfect spring weather here!
hope pomai does ok!
have fun w/ the kids today!
get that wo in! good luck w/ low carb! i tend to get hi-cranky when i do that!:eek::eek::eek:

Good morning mamas:D

Kate-how was the walk w/Julia? I fell off the wagon yesterday too:eek: We went to a b-day party and I couldn't pass on the cake:rolleyes:

Sydney-Do you work full-time? Let us know how Anna did at daycare. Your w/o's sound great!!

Stephanie- I love the idea of all 3 boys sharing a room!! The Peter Pan theme would be soooooooo cute:) We have a lot of roses and I love them! I have no tips for you b/c our gardner takes care of them:eek: I do not have a green thumb:(

Lisa-I hope Pomai does well at her appt. Ryder didn't get a fever this time so I was relieved. No more shots until they are 1yr!!:)

The weather here is great too!! One of our goats had a baby last night so I am going over to our property after I pick up Owen to check on her:) She is so cute!! I love spring time with all the baby animals! Our hen is laying on her eggs so we should have chicks soon too:eek: We have such a little farm!

Got my w/o in and eating has been good so far:) I still am trying to get the last 5# off:(

Candra

Kate: I am surprised @ how fast my leave was!!! It seems like only yesterday that I was in the hospital! Bet you have the cutie “weighted vest”! gl with Meso 3 tonight. I am not even looking at this program yet—got to build up to it. I’m looking at maybe Sept before I start.

Stephanie: after reading about the cookies, I was so close to making brownies!! Thank goodness for my laziness. Thank you about the daycare thing. I’m probably the only 40 year old mommy that sat there crying because I had to leave!! I think that it is even harder for me, because I am up for retirement this year and I had always planned on moving on from the military after 20 years—but I have a really decent job right now, and I don’t want to put any additional stress on hubby. I have something in me that says “if you don’t work-you don’t eat” and I’m 180lbs so you know that I like to eat!!!—I know; I’m mental…..
Your workout plan sounds good. I love my treadmill!!!

Lisa: I only had 6 weeks maternity leave :-(. I had to take an additional 2 weeks vacation time so that I was with her for her first 2 months. It is so sad—GL on the low-carbing; hope your baby’s 6 month check up goes great.

Candra: I work full-time. Another option for me is to retire and work part-time. I’ll get my military retirement check and with the part-time job; it would probably equal what I make now----Anna did great at the daycare!! Her mommy didn’t though. I went and picked her up about 2 ½ hours after I dropped her off- then we went shopping!!! I will try again tomorrow--- you would think that she is my first baby!!

Well… my baby boy is turning 15years old today!!! I’m going to take him out to eat and throw some cash @ him (that’s what he wants for this b-day). I am determined to get my workout in tonight- I did so well last night. I watched the celebrity apprentice while doing hill work------

Hi everyone! Had a great workout this morning at 5 am! Brody got up at 4:15 so I decided to stay up! Woo hoo!

I have attached a few pics. He will be 8 weeks old this Wed!

Have a nice week everyone! I'll check back in soon! So busy!

Clarissa

Attachments

• Kids Spring 2009 033.jpg
    Kids Spring 2009 033.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Kids Spring 2009 044.jpg
    Kids Spring 2009 044.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Kids Spring 2009 035.jpg
    Kids Spring 2009 035.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 15
Candra, We have a bday party on Thursday nght....with COLDSTONE CAKE!!! Help me!!!!!
I love hte sound of your farm! That would be awesome to have all your own milk, eggs, etc. Awesome! Do you drink goat milk??
^5 on the eats! Keep it up!! THose 5 pounds dont stand a chance!

Sydney, I can't even imagina having a 15-yo! Freaks me out!!!:p

Clarissa, I did hte early WO's last week....this wk I'm back to lifting so nighttime for me!
Your pics are too cute!! I need a new baby!!!

-
Been on the trampoline lots this afternoon! SO fun!

Clarissa-your baby is adorable:):)

Sydney-glad Anna did good:) I would've cried leaving her too:( I'm sure it will get easier with time. Have fun with your son!

Kate-Yum coldstone:D I am way to lazy to milk a goat:p We have our own petting zoo, it is so much fun!!

Candra

We have the goats for the boys to practice roping and tying. You learn on them b/c they are smaller than calves. If you want to milk a goat or a cow you have to take their babies away soon after birth:confused:

Candra

ok, that makes sense!! I was like..."huh"!?:D:D
I think the rodeo stuff is so cool! You have such a great little family!

Got the 1st WO of Meso3 done...chest and back. Was a lot more doable than I thought it was going to be! Yeah! Off to do MM abs......

Clarissa - Cute pics!

Kate - I take back lo carb, but whole grain carbing with portion control. I get cranky also and if I workout I need it. I'm addicted to Kashi so lo carb would be hard for me. Yay for a good walk!

Candra - Pomai didn't get a fever also, yay! And yes, no shots until 12mos. My ped said there is a baby flu shot - no mercury, but we'll see about that one. That's not until she's 12mos anyway if I do decide. She's leaving it up to me. Yay that Ryder had no fever also! Wow, too cool about the goats and rodeo stuff.

Sydney - So sorry you had only two mos off. Hope your son's bday was a good one. We know who to ask about teenage stuff now! My ds turns 10 this year! Yikes!!

Got my wo done and it's not even dinnertime yet! Pomai did great and she gained another lb and grew another inch. My baby is growing so fast! Okay gotta go. I have the girls and we are heading out. The boys - DH and ds went to see Wolverine.

Lisa

i think several walks & some trampoline time are in order today. we have a visitation in ohio to go to (we live in mich). not sure when we'll get back. what a lovely trip w/ julia!:confused: not a sad visitation - they were expecting this....very very sick woman w/ cancer.....leaving behind 7 grown children tho...she was a very good woman.

lisa, love the wg carbs! the white ones make me retain water & bloat like none other!
its so sad to see them grow!:( you girls doing anything fun while the boys are out?

Good morning ladies. Long time no post. :)

I'm starting to feel more settled in our new home. I don't think I ever want to move again! We closed last Monday and it has been a whirlwind since then. Having 2 flights of stairs (one to the basement, one to the 2nd floor) is quite a workout! Last night was my first official workout in the house (if you don't count all the lugging boxes and furniture around 2 flights of stairs). My parents gave me their old treadmill (a really nice one they never used...they use an elliptical instead) and I did Cardio Coach #3. The workout room is almost complete...probably will be tomorrow. Once I have things more finish, I'll post pictures. Gotta get back to work...have a great day everyone!

Becky

hi mamas! its a cloudy morning here but i am feeling fine! my achiness started to subside on sunday so i did a lightish workout - ellen barretts fat burning fusion. felt ok so i went ahead to yoga last night, yay =) the one down side? the man next to me moaning like he was having an orgasm for the entire class! eeeww! finally made an appt to see an ortho about my hands because they are not 100% and sometimes i have weird flare ups of the achiness and the pinched nerves. maybe if this guy says chiro then my insurance will pay... i hope so! today i plan to do a full body stretch as soon as JJ goes down for am nap, either 2 SM sections or maybe michelle lemay stretch fusion. if all is feeling well with my muscles then will do full body weights later, muscle endurance or supersets probably. 1500 cals/day is going well except for the days when i eat something out... i am keeping it to minimum though. this weekend ive got a bbq at my brothers and then chinese food (????) for mothers day. i know, the fam is weird. will def need to watch it at these two events.

becky!! so glad you are settling in! can't wait to drool over your workout room=)

kate, the tramp sounds so fun! what is a "visitation" exactly? i got my kitchenaid!!! it came when i was laid up and i couldnt even set it up because i was in so much pain. so, the big q... what to make first?!?

lisa - i try to stick with wg, too. i eat well and only buy good stuff! it's when i go out thats a prob but i dont go out as much as in the past... also, mil is no help, she brings over all kinds of junk every time she comes. last night was cadbury orange cream eggs, powerade, wise popcorn, frosted flakes, and a few other things. what the??? seriously.

sydney - i have a 15yo also! he actually wants BRACES for his birthday if you can believe it! i always told him they were expensive and since he was not in dire need we should wait til better $$ times but he hates that front gap hes got, hes been beggin!

clarissa - those pics, how time flies! adorable =)

candra - rodeo sounds awesome, and so does petting zoo! we have a small one with sheep, goats and poultry on an old federal period estate near me. a friend of ods lives there, his parents are caretakers.

steph, youre house project sounds awesome, show us pics! if i had your setup and all boys i would do the same! tell your dh i said so=)

maggie... yoohoo... hope youre doing ok...

wendy

becky, glad all is well!!!!
unpackmax/stairmax def counts toward thecal burn!

wendy, rofl re the yoga man!!! sick!
visitation....aka viewing of dead persons body/seeing the fam/mourning.....
yay kitchenaid!!! so exciting! i have a ton of baking to do for Parents Tea at pre-k tmrw! yay!
blech on all that junk food! i bet your 15yo is lovin it!:D
good going on th wo's!

-
had a short walk w/ dds....off to errands!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.