Prego's Check-in week of October 30th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi to everyone! Thanks for your positive words last week. That was so sweet! I'm feeling much better this past week. My back is feeling lots better, although my legs feel like lead. This is to be expected this far into the game though. ;)

Sun: Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt
Mon: off(Did walk several blocks Trick or Treating after my 8hr shift)
Tues: Janis' Kick it
Wed: Fit Mama
Thurs: off
Fri: Turbo Jam CArdio Parties 2 (easy to modify prego style)
Sat: off

My boss is on vacation this week, so I'll be putting in extra hours. I don't expect to workout too much (as I don't want to induce labor). We only have one other pharmacist & I don't want him to have to work 8-7 shifts until the 16th!!!! So, doing my best to keep baby put! I am starting to get menstrual like cramps--- which is how labor portrayed itself last time. Thankfully, they've gone away & haven't lasted more than an hour or so at a time. :) :)

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hello! I have posted a few times on this thread in the last couple of months, but I am going to try to post more regularly...even if my workouts are shameful compared to you all.:) You all are doing such an amazing job at keeping up with your fitness goals. You help to motivate me! Thank you.

I am having a hard time accepting the changes that are hapening to my body, even though this is my third baby and I should have known what was coming. The last time I was pregnant was 6 years ago, so maybe it is harder this time because I am older. Anyhow, I am 19 weeks and have gained @ 13 lbs. so far. However, my workouts were almost nonexistant from week 6-week 16 and I have lost a lot of muscle tone and gained many rolls all over. (I am on the short side, just 5'2")It has been hard for me to get motivated and I feel like I don't know my body. I think to myself "Who's thighs are these??" I managed a few workouts this last week though.

Sun: The cardio portion of Kick Max
Mon: Upper body portion of Max. Int. Strength and walking @ 1 mile trick or treating with my boys.
Tues: nothing
Wed: lower body portion of MIS (no weights on lunges and 20 lbs. on squats) and 2 mile walk.
Thurs:nothing
Fri: none
Sat: none

I will try to add more days this week and maybe get back into my pilates again. I can't keep on letting my legs and arms grow this fast!!

Keep up the great work. Thanks for being so welcoming to everyone.

Becca
Noah born 12/96
Abraham born 4/00
Baby EDD 4/1/06

Melani--you are sooo close. Boy time flies, although it's probably dragging for you now. That last month is hard. I'm always a basket case. Since my last month will be the Christmas season, I'm hoping I'll be sufficiently distracted.

Becca--welcome back. 13 lbs at 19 weeks is not bad IMO. I'm a big gainer, however, always have been, so this does not sound like much to me. Don't feel bad about your workouts, just do what you can do.

Well, I screwed up the courage to weigh myself this week and no I'm not telling what I weigh or how much I've gained;-), but suffice it to say that while I've gained more than I'd like, it was not as bad as I'd been fearing. I'm once again trying to make an effort to watch my eating from now until delivery. My weight will top out at no where near my last 2 pregnancies (hurray), although I'll probably have more than 20 lbs to lose post partum--but hey the last two times I was looking at 50-60 lbs AFTER the baby weight was gone, so that puts it in perspective.

My workouts:
Mon: LIS/TBS lower body/cardio premix, using a 30 lb barbell instead of stability ball for leg work.
Tues: 1 hr stationary bike
Wed:Cardio and Weights+Power Max, section 2
Thurs: rest
Fri: PS CST+SJP step portion
Sat: PS legs (standing only)+25 min stationary bike
Sun: PS BB (no abs)+Power Max, sections 1 and 3

I hope everyone is doing well. I look forward to reading your posts this week.

Maggie:)
31 weeks down, 9 to go

Melanie, glad you are doing better . You can always vent to us. You are near that finish line.
Maggie, great workouts!
Becca, keep posting here no matter what your workouts are.

I am feeling exhausted, especially at night and still am having some morning sickness. I am in the phase of feeling fat, as I have put on 5 pounds , all tummy. Last time I gained only 2 the first trimester. I am actually looking foward to looking pregnant.

Now to remember my workouts..... I did a cathe premix week.

Sun-upper premix-muscle endurance+bootcamp upper +imax 1 intervals 5-10
Mon-82 min. kickbox/leg drill premix-l+G/kpc
Tues-spj/sb hi/lo step circuits premix
Wed-muscle max-upper+cardio blasts/leg drills from kickmax
Thur-hardcore-hi/lo circuit
Friday-hardcore-interval circuit
Sat- ctx all step+ 3rd sect. of stepmax plus abs from stepheat

11 weeks done, 29 to go.

HI (((((y'all)))))! I'm excited to be joining you and get MOTIVATED! I am eighteen weeks pregnant with baby #4. Last week I just went back and forth between new FIRM's: Super Body Sculpt and Super Cardio Sculpt. I had hoped to get yoga in yesterday, but we had unexpected visitors. This week I had hoped to do KV's Sleek Physiques, but I cannot find the X-box attachment to play my DVD. ARGH!

Okay, I think I am doing this backwards, but I'm giving you the workout schedule I hope to accomplish this week:

M~KV Streamline Fitness weighted part
T~TaeBo Basic
W~Streamline Fitness weights
TH~TaeBo Basic
F~Streamline Fitness weights
S~Yoga for your pregnancy strengthening
SU~Yoga for your pregnancy relaxing

Well, we'll see what ACTUALLY pans out this week~LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Hi everyone, and welcome to the checkin, Sandi!

Like everyone else, I have good weeks and bad weeks. I made it through last week, but it is getting tougher to maintain this level. All I want to do is sit on the couch and watch TV, or take a nap. However, I refuse to give up entirely!

Here are my workouts from last week:

Sun: Nothing - 5 hour car trip back from friends' house
Mon: Cardio & Weights Time Saver Step (with rest breaks in between sections), Gym Style Back
Tue: 1 mile walk
Wed: 1 mile walk, 8 miles stationary bike, Gym Style Shoulders and Biceps
Thu: Gym Style Chest, then listened to my body when it said, "Cut it out! Rest!"
Fri: Step Blast combos 1,2,3 and cooldown; Gym Style Triceps
Sat: SJP step section, Gym Style Legs - floor only

Melanie - I'd love to try those two Turbo Jam workouts you've listed. Did you get those directly from Beachbody?

Beccat: Welcome back! I'm also having a tough time dealing with my current shape, which resembles a lopsided pear. I've found that a good way to motivate myself is to read the current and past pregnancy checkin threads. It underscores the fact that whatever workout your body will let you do is good enough!

Maggie: Are we there yet?!? :+ I like the way you combined Power Max sections with other workouts, I'll have to try that.

Shopaholic: Congratulations for being able to do all those premixes in your 11th week! Keep up the good work. :)

Adrienne--your workouts look pretty good to me! Also, I love DVD technology because of the way things can easily be combined.

I figure the last few weeks for us will probably go fast, because we've got to get through the holidays, which is always sort of a mad rush--for me its already beginning. Our calender is filling up already:p

Maggie:)

Hello there,

I've been feeling pretty good. I've had a couple of off weeks for eating though. I'm hopefully back on track now that Halloween candy is gone and my sons birthdsay is over.

Here has been/is my workout schedule for November

Week one (1-6)
Tuesday: KickMax
Wednesday: LowMax Intervals 1-5, PS, Back, Biceps, MIS Back
Thursday: LowMax Intervals 3-7, PS Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, MIS Chest
Friday: PS Legs, Leaner Legs
Saturday: off
Sunday: PS Back and Biceps GS Biceps

Week two (7-13)
Monday: IMAX2, HSTA cardio and lower body weights
Tuesday: HC High Step Challenge, MIS Triceps, PH Triceps
Wednesday: CTX All Step (including shoulders), PS Shoulders, Chest
Thursday: MIS Legs, PH Legs
Friday: off
Saturday: MIC (ALL OF IT)
Sunday: MM, LIS

I'm now 26 weeks. So far I've gained 9 pounds.

I took Friday off this week, since I go for my Glucose test.

Susan C.M.

Hello Girls!!

this is my first time checking in...

i'm 8 weeks today. i am feeling great. although, i dont know how my exericise schedule looks like for this week. but i will let you guys know at the end of this week what i did from wed to friday.

last week i ran for three days.
but no lifting.this week i want to continue with my regular workout.

have a nice day!
eli

Hello all! I don't post all that much but I love to read how everyone is doing. I am in my 12th week with my first. Before getting pregnant, I was an avid Catheite. I worked out 6-7 days a week and was in the best shape of my life. Now I'm lucky if I workout 3 days a week. In the beginning I had terrible nausea. Then the fatigue set in which I still have now but some days seem to be better than other days. I've had constipation and headaches too. Oh yeah and let's not forget the pimples here and there. I've gained about 2 pounds but I feel like a totally different person. I feel like I've gained 10 pounds. I am looking forward to the second trimester "bliss" that I've heard so much about.

Thank you ladies for all your inspiring posts. I am so impressed with the workouts you girls are able to do. Last week I did Low Max, High Step Training and Muscle Endurance. I have trouble with the leg press in Muscle Endurance so I cut down on the reps. This week I haven't done anything yet but I'm planning on doing something this evening.

Jessica

well, after much traveling chaos and returning home stuff, i am trying still to catch up this week. a few great things though:
early us on monday showed 1 healthy baby with a strong heartbeat at 7 weeks! makes it more real when i am not feeling so pregnant.

also, last week on vacation i ran 6 days for 6 miles each and did the eliptical one day for 60 minutes. i strength trained 3 times for 25-30 minutes. on the off side, i ate way more than i used to, and between that and early pregnancy, my belly shows. i totally relate to you all that cannot wait to look pregnant when instead i just feel fat.

the hard thing right now is my moods. i am like a yo yo, and it is really hard on my husband. this is our first, and i think he just has no idea why i cannot control myself.

this week is off to a good start, and while the nausea and fatigue is there, i feel good exercising and am happy to be on a regular food plan (though i had way too much chocolate today. \

thanks to all of you for just being there. it really really helps.

Hi everyone. I've been dealing with a pinched nerve in my lower back that flares up when I push myself too hard, so I've been taking it easy. Last week all I did was one step workout (Rhythmic Step), but my back feels a lot better having rested. I've worked out a little this week too (some yoga, and of course, I'm still walking my dogs for about 10 minutes three times a day so that's something consistent.)

It's annoying though, because other than the pinched nerve, I feel great and would love to be working out. A friend of mine is due a week before me and she is soooo uncomfortable, so I feel very fortunate that I'm feeling so well. I attribute it to having exercised more or less consistently throughout this pg, and that makes me want to exercise even more. Hopefully, I can get a couple more good weeks in before the baby comes.

I can't wait to get an update from Cathe about the new DVDs. I hope they come when I am feeling up to resuming tough workouts. I'm asking for CTX for Christmas. That'll probably be a little too soon to really enjoy them, but having them there will be motivating.

Monica

Just had to pop in to say "wow you prego moms are doing GREAT". You should be proud of yourselves!!! I can't believe how close you are Melanie. You'll be holding your little one REALLY soon!! Maggie....your doing GREAT with your weight...I want to come to your house and officially toss your scale so you can quit stressing about the weight!!!!!! The last pregnancy I was bummed because I gained a few more pounds in the first two trimesters than the last, but I ended up not gaining much in the last trimester....that CAN HAPPEN. :) :) :) .

Keep it up girls!!!

Briee

I've happy to report that I stuck to my workout plan this week~YAAY! I was thinking of doing the PS Series next week, but I think I'm chickening out and alternating FIRM Vol. 4 and CT Still Jumpin' instead... Physically I feel amazing since working out more seriously again.

(((((HUGS))))) sandi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.