Prego's Check-in week of August 7th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a marvelous week. Last week I had an ob check. Just a HR check, in the 140s. My ob is guessing it's another boy based on HR, we'll see!!
I ordered some non-Cathe DVDs. Can you believe it? I needed some more variety & less intense cardio options. Anyway I got Cardio Toolbox (Mindy Mylrea--previewed it and it looks tough) and some Janis Saffell DVDs (I love kickboxing). I haven't gotten Janis' DVDs yet, but I look forward to the variety. :)

Sun: Cardio Kicks + 2 mi walk
Mon: off
Tues: napped :(
Wed: Mindy Mylrea's Awesome Intervals
Thurs: LowMax 1-4 + Circuit Max Floorwork
Fri: Low Max 4-7
Sat: recovered from vomiting all afternoon & evening Friday. :( I also previewed Mindy's Cardio Toolbox

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hi everyone,

I just finished Week 3 of the July '05 rotation. Again, I added a bit more cardio and an extra upper body workout. Here was my week:

MON: SJP Step; Leaner Legs
TUES: LowMax 1-4; CTX Chest & Back
WEDS: KickMax combos 1-4; CTX Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps
THURS: BodyMax Step & Circuits
FRI: Christie Taylor's CIA 9801 hi/lo workout
SAT: LowMax 4-7; CW Upper Body Heavy Weights premix
SUN: Rest

Only one more week to go an Baby won't be considered "premature". That's a reassuring benchmark to hit.

Have a good week,
Sandra

Wow Sandra! That's an amazing week. You must be in tip top condition girl!!! And you're soooooo close. :)

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Monday: walk 2.5 miles
Tuesday: nothing
Wednesday: prenatal yoga (boring and easy), 1.5 mile walk
Thursday: gym for 30 minutes (got really crampy- quit)
Friday: StepBlast w/u, sections 1,2,3; all arm sections from Timesaver
Saturday: swim 1 mile
Sunday: plan to walk after dinner

Kristan, due 11-1 with #3

Sunday: KPC cardio conditioning/L & G Standing Legs premix (but no explosive anything!!)
Monday: IMAX 3 Step only
Tuesday: BS/BF upper body and stability ball abs add ons
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Muscle Max lower body only premix
Friday: Basic Step + Stability ball abs
Saturday: Push-Pull

I've been very consistent but haven't worked too hard. I rarely do more than 30-45 minutes at a time, and I don't push it. Just don't feel like it and I'm getting really bored with my workouts. Hopefully the new DVDs will come in the next few weeks and get me psyched again.

I all of a sudden feel like quite the Large Marge. I don't know why now, but I am suddenly thinking, oh my, I have over 3 months to go and I am going to get WAY bigger, how will I handle it? My stomach feels so tight and, well, conspicuous. I don't think I look that big but I'm starting to feel it.

Hi everyone--

Sounds like you are all doing well. Glad you are getting over your illness, Melanie.

Oh this week, lets see
Monday-Step Works
Tues-Power Hour
Wed-IMAX 3 many intervals modified
Thurs-Muscle Endurance
Fri-Low Max (on 6"x( , but I can no longer manage 8)
Sat-The Gauntlet with modifications
Today-Rest

I am swelling like crazy, so I have decided to quit weighing myself, because that would just lead to dispair. I'll just continue eating mostly healthy (mostly:9 :9 ) and working out as hard as I can and let the pounds fall where they may. I always retain lots of water because of the amount of weight that comes off in the first few weeks.

You know how Charlotte (toastythemosty--has an awesome figure) has her tag line that goes something like this?

"You can exercise 'til the cows come home, but if you don't watch what you eat, you're just a cow coming home."

Well, everytime I see that I thing of myself as the "cow coming home" (even though I am eating pretty well).

I'm about halfway there and my belly is huge already....

I have my ultrasound this week.

Maggie:7

Hi ladies. My week wasn't all that great. The heat here is horrible and by the time I get home from work, cook supper, etc. I have no energy left to workout. Thank goodness I'm able to walk during my lunch break.

Mon: 30 min elliptical
Tues: 1 mile walk
Wed: 1.5 mile walk
Thurs: 2 mile walk & ankle weight premix from L&G

That is it! Pretty pitiful huh?

Friday night I pre-ordered Cathe's new DVD's and I also bought myself PowerHour/MIS/BodyMax. (and got my friend KickMax for Christmas). I hope that I get my DVD this week - that should give me some motivation to workout.

Oh well, this will be a better week.

Looks like you all had a great week!

Have a great day all! :)

Good morning gals!

Well it's another week gone like last - good intentions, little output.

Monday: rest

Tuesday: High Step Circuit

Wednesday: Basic Step

Thursday - Sunday: rest

The week went good with two workouts, then I had planned for two this weekend. That's when it happened, we got a huge storm and my power went out on Saturday. I was bummed, DH was working at the hospital all day, and DS and I tried to make the best of it. It went out around 3:30 and didn't come back till yesterday till 3:30 or so. So instead of working out on Sunday, I did the laundry that got backed up, and cleaned out the fridge - not fun!!!x( So that's me, but I plan on having a better week this week - no inlaws and plenty of electricity should help out a lot! :p

Oh, so I found out that those uncomfortable baby positions have been braxton hicks! I didn't know you could have them on just one side, and I had so few w/DS that I didn't have much experiance with them. So I've been having them every day now - yeah... Oh well 11 more weeks and counting!!!

i am so proud of you ladies for continuing to exercise!!

the only exercise i am getting now is getting up so much to use the bathroom and putting the final touches on the nursery...oh and there's always ds that i am "running" after.

i am really psyched that i was able to hold baby in for this long, he's no longer considered preterm...and as of today i only have 7 more days til i give birth to Jaden!!!!!!!!!!!!

as of today i only have 7 more days til i give birth to Jaden!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!! That's SOO exciting!!! I'm so glad your pregnancy went full term! Can't wait to hear about Jaden when he's here!

I have my 2nd ultrasound tomorrow, hopefully the baby will turn the right way so we can see the he or she!

Last week was another busy one for me work-wise. Thankfully we have a new person helping us out for the next six months, so hopefully my energy and sanity will return soon. (I do software support, and let me tell you, some executive-type people should NOT be allowed near a computer!)

Anyway, here were my workouts:

Sunday: BC/ME Premix
Monday: Low Max 1-4
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Low Max 4-7
Thursday: 1 mile walk
Friday: Stationary bike, 16 miles
Saturday: Step, Jump and Pump Step and Weights Circuit

I'm also keeping my workouts to 35-50 minutes at the most. Any more than that and I want to go to sleep right there on my puzzle mats!

I hope all goes well for everyone this week. :)

Melanie – hope you’re feeling better! Was the HR a good predictor for your other children? Mine varied – guess it throws things off if you’ve had too much caffeine or chocolate :)

Sandra – STILL looking like great workouts, and up to 35 weeks?! Don’t forget to stop long enough to actually give birth!! :)

Monica – The ‘Large Marge’ comment gave me a chuckle! I’ve been comparing myself to a steamship lately. I feel like my belly and boobs are taking over the universe – it feels like they enter the room a good 5 minutes before the rest of me!

Sunny – great job - you’re ‘in the zone’! 7 days?! Wow… I can’t believe it’s coming up that soon!

Well, I had a so-so week. The water sitch is still pretty dismal, but we’re adapting. Some good things: the water we had delivered is softened, so I’m really enjoying the effects on my hair and skin, plus the laundry is looking GREAT. We have a water softener system, but I never hooked it up when we moved in – after this is resolved (assuming it IS resolved) I have to look into fixing that.

Sunday – Cardio Max
Monday – Walk
Tuesday – Power Max
Wednesday - Walk
Thursday – nothing
Friday – Walk
Saturday – nothing – it was too hot to take the girls for a walk, and the humidity was making me sick. We had to go get water, do laundry at the laundromat and then I had some studying to catch up on.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.