Prego Support July 27-August 3

Dawncharlie

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone!

Here's our list to date. Did I forget anyone?

PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Sept. 25 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 16 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam - Dec. 15
bunekneck - Dec 26
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

It looks like the boys are up by one, :) but Melanie with twins and others could tip the scales. :)

Melanie, Wendy, how are your parents? How's everyone else doing?

This weekend was pretty good for me. I was amazed last night when I slept through the night til 3:30, with just one restroom break. Typically, during the day, I can actually feel the baby moving very close to my bladder so I'm used to frequent trips to the restroom! And lately I've felt some pain in my hips. I guess this means the baby is growing and my body is trying to accomodate her.

I tried to get in a little exercise this weekend--Cathe's LIS is still a favorite. I use just the platform and I find it is just long enough to not wear me out. I tried the strengthening portion though and didn't find it too much fun. In my 31st week, I'm finding strength training not so much fun--modifying everything seems to take some of the fun away. I do the most basic pushups possible, fully on my knees, and I find I'm lifting very light. I even find it's a pain now to pick up and put down the light weights (when I bend over, even bend with my knees, I worry about squishing the baby!). I was daydreaming about really getting into workouts again, getting that good sweat going so that when you get to the cool down you just feel so accomplished. Oh well, 9 weeks or less to go! I think I may stick to low-impact step workouts (30-40 mins) for the remainder of my pregnancy.

Anyway, take care everyone and have a great day!

Dawn

Last edited:
Hi Dawn. Thanks for getting us started. :)

I think Christine & Precilla have confirmed boys? LOL It's so hard to keep up, isn't it? LOL

I"m off to work.........got all my support gear on.......

Good morning everyone! Just got back from a weekend away w/ DH, DD and my parents. It was a nice distraction. Dad is having surgery on Wednesday. The plan is to remove some of the tumor, hopefully expand the lung, take out his diaphragm and place a prosthetic one, and if needed reconstruct part of the chest wall. He'll be on an epidural for at least 3 days since they say the pain is intense. My DH and I still need to figure out how we're going to divide our time since it's so far away. I feel like I'm neglecting Brooke but my DH says I need to be w/ my parents now and she'll be ok. Poor thing, she only has 12 weeks left of being the only child and I don't know how I can be both places.

Anyway,
Dawn - I agree about strength training-it used to be my passion but now I find I don't care for it. Maybe it's because the weights I have to use are so much lighter and I don't feel like I'm getting that much benefit.

Susan - I'm impressed w/ your workouts.

Priscilla - I wouldn't worry at all about the baby. I have ultrasounds monthly and one month baby will be right on target, the next month baby will be smaller and last month the baby was measuring 3 days larger. I know it's hard not to worry but don't look too much into it. I've done that before and nothing good comes from it-just stress that you don't need right now. Take care.

Hi to everyone else!

I don't think I'll be able to get on the forums for a week or so but I'll check back as soon as I can. Take care ladies.

Morning!
Dawn-thanks for getting us started. I turn to LIS alot. In fact that is what Im going to do today. Its just enough step so I feel worked out. I am still liking weight work, although Im going very very light!!!
Melanie-hope your day is a good one!!
Wendy-your weekend sounds great! Glad you got away and got to zone out for a couple days. I will be praying for your dad. That surgery sounds scary!! We'll be thinking about you..hang in there!

I have a question on fetal movement. Could Kara be too active? SEems like she is kicking and flipping ALL the time. I remember Haley moving but not this much..of course it has been 10 years so I may have forgotten. I read this is the peak movement time..so maybe its all normal???
I still weight exactly the same 131.8. Surely I will see an increase soon. I should be putting on a pound a week shouldnt I?

Ok, Im off to to LIS and walk 2 miles. Company comes tomorrow til Friday so I don't know if I can workout those days.

Waves to all you preggos!

I did do LIS but didn't get to the walk. Often now I feel all achcy in my lower back when Im on my feet too long and it started to hurt...so in this case I don't think the "no pain no gain" rings true!

Trying to get the house ready and food ready for company. I always make a coconut pound cake for my bf's dh and I almost forgot this time. He would be devastated! Got it done though. Making a chocolate cake and a 7 layer dip today too.
Thats the excitment here. HOpe everyone is having a good day.

Susan, never heard of a problem with TOO much fetal movement. :p I haven't had much at all. I hope it comes soon, my absolute fav part of pregnancy.

BTW, today went well for a Mon, we had 2 pharmacists so I was able to put my feet up and take a break,.....makes all the difference. :D

Precilla, any news today?

Be back tomorrow (have the day off).

Hi everyone! Sorry I was MIA for a few days! It was my 30th birthday yesterday and I had a nice long, well deserved three day weekend! We went to the lake with our jetskis one day, karaoke one night, took the dogs to the beach, went to dinner.... Whew! It was a ton of fun and DH did a great job making me feel like such a preggo queen!

The crib and dresser are stained and in the baby's room. We went and bought a mattress last night. I took pics but went to bed before I uploaded on computer so I will try to do tonight. I LOVE it and can't wait to see the room with the bedding!

How is everyone else? Did I miss anything? I will have to go back through posts and catch up! Waves to all the beautiful preggos!

Good morning ladies,

I am still here and I always read your posts just not getting to post myself, but I hope it'll get better after this nausea is getting a lot better.

I am 13 weeks as of yesterday and was hoping I would wake up and would be full of energy, but not such luck :p. I am still really really tired and if I don't get my 8 hours of sleep, I am useless ;). I got 3 workouts in last week, so that felt good. I was aiming for 5-6 but I think I am just expecting too much from me, someone remind me I am pregnant, hehe.

Dawn - I feel for you, I can't wait to get in a really nice workout as well, but I'll have to wait a lot longer than you ;).

Wendy - Good luck for your dad's surgery, I hope that everything goes well!!!

Susan - Thanks for posting that link for the What to expect when you are expecting recipe website. They got some yummy recipes. I already made the lentil/sweet potato soup, the banana nut bread and one of the shakes. I love soups as well, so if you have more good recipes, let me know.

Mel - Yes, I love the movement part as well. Do you think it is possible to feel the baby at 11 1/2 or 12 weeks already? It seems like I felt the baby move a couple of times, but when I am thinking that is way to early.

sweetpea - Happy happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

Good morning to everyone who follows.

I will try to be back later.

Kristine :)

morning
Happy Birthday Jen!!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!!! Can't wait to see your pics.
Melanie-whatcha doing today?

I did MM this morning. Company will be here around 3. I have a few last minute things to do...wash sheets etc.
For the last 2 nights my butt pain has been awful. I think I will try a heating pad tonight.
Off to run errands etc. bbl
Hi to everyone!

Hey Kristine! We posted at the same time.
I LOVE the lentil soup...its my fav. I made a double batch and froze a lot of it. I also made the banand muffins. I changed it up a little using brown sugar instead of the juice concentrate. The are yummy. Sorry for the tiredness!! I have a really good veggie lentil soup recipe I will post for you.

Hi gals. I feel absolutely wonderful today. Kristine, don't give up hope.....almost 20 weeks.........I can finally resume a normal diet..........but still tire very easily.

Susan, I my goal is to clean my bathrooms, do two loads of laundry, mop the floor, shampoo a stain in the carpet, fingerpaint with the kids, and do some baking. LOL We'll see how far I get. DH is out of town for the day with a friend.

Oh,......and I'm wildly emotional/hormonal today,......so obviously my post is at a "high" point. LOL :D :D

Melanie-I am exhausted from just reading your plans for the day. I Have washed 2 loades of laundry, changed the sheets on all beds, vacuumed, made salsa..and Im beat already. I don't really have much more to do..so Im glad. I need to run to the grocery real quick at some point.
HOpe you stay on your "high" Melanie! Suprisingly I have not been very emotional throught this pregnancy expect for depression the first 8 or so weeks. You have double the hormones so you have every right to be emotional.
Hope everyone is having a nice morning!

I try to get everything done in AM when I feel my best!

I have 3/4 of everything done. Might have to hold off on baking,......unless I cheat & use the pre-made stuff. :p

You go girl! I seem to get my burst of energy in the afternoon and get more done then. After I workout in the mornings I go downhill after that until my lunch and cat nap.

All I have left is folding one load of laundry & baking muffins with my angel, Justin (Jadon fell asleep in my arms while I rocked him).

Poor Justin. His gardner snake died today. He was so heart broken. He looked at me, with a quivering lower lip and said, "My snake is bleeding, and now it is dead". He was so sad, it was all I could do not to cry for him and his broken heart. We ran to me for comfort (with the dead snake in his hands). I fixed his heart with hugs & Mr Freeze Pop.

It's been a great day. I love my kids so much. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN, I am glad you had such a wonderful time yesterday

Melanie, no news, the nurse called me back the same day but I was at the salon and missed the call so she left a message for me to call her on MOnday. I tried but their phones were down, Left another message today. But, I'm just trying to be calm about it like everyone told me and just be patient.

Krille, I'm glad you're feeling better. My morning sickness was almost gone by week 16, so only few more weeks to go. You'll feel more energetic too!

Susan, way to go!! I'm impressed! I know I have put on like 4 more pounds in 3 weeks and this weekend is the San Antonio getaway with my parents so... You know

Wendy, thanks for your words. I'm praying that everything goes well tomorrow with your father.

No much to report here,

Hi to everyone and I'll check back later

Hi, ladies!!

Wendy, glad you had a nice break with your family and your parents. I hope your dad's surgery is successful. I can't imagine how torn you must feel, but it sounds like your DH is extremely supportive of what you're going through. I'm sure he's doing a great job at making Brooke feel special and loved -- for both of you :)

Susan, enjoy your company!

Dawn, I hear you on the workouts. I feel that lifting any weight is just depressing (because it's only 5 pounds per arm LOL), but then I feel like my arms grow 2 inches a day if I don't do *something* with them! I can't win ;) I did Body Fusion on Sunday; easy to modify the cardio with less jumping and also has some toning.

Jen, happy belated birthday! How exciting that the baby's room is almost done! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Melanie, whew -- you've achieved a great deal today!

I've been busy "nesting." I'm trying like a mad woman to get DD's room done this week, so that I can cross it off my list and move on to the nursery. I've been painting her dresser drawers (2 different colors) today; plan to do the dresser tomorrow, as well as her toddler rocker. We have to find a cheap but comfy mattress for her big kid bed (any suggestions on a store?).

I've also been painting trim around the house. Don't know why I'm suddenly so driven to finish all these random projects that have been looming for MONTHS. My mom thinks the baby must be coming earlier than his due date ;)

No call from the OB's office today, so I guess my glucose test yesterday was okay. My derm was able to squeeze me in tomorrow morning at 7:15 to look at a few moles that have changed a LOT during this pregnancy; I hope their willingness to take me on a day's notice is just a courtesy and not indicative of them suspecting a problem based on what I described. I'm nervous, but I guess I'll know tomorrow. Trying not to borrow trouble...

Wendy~ It sounds like you need to be with your folks right now. Brooke will be fine, she's in good hands with DH. ;) I will be praying for you & your family, please keep us posted.

Precilla~ I hope you hear from your office Wednesday. I'm sure it's nothing, but it's always nice to get answers.

Dawn~ I've had some mole changes too. I've been dragging my feet about making a derm appt,.....but want to now while it's 2009 (met my deductible for the year). I also have a brown spot (a.k.a. age spot) on my right cheek I'd like removed. LOL

I finished my list today. Whew. Felt like a million bucks today, certainly nice for a change. :D Finished the day off by taking wee-ones to pool. My eldest son is @ church camp again....I miss him already.

I work again tomorrow, two pharmacist so I feel good about that.

Waves to all you beautiful gals!!!!!

Hello to everyone!
I am enjoying my nesting phase and all that I am getting done. I also enjoy the endorphin rush at things like getting into my car now that it is clean.
My biggest task has been moving my craft supplies from the nursery closet to anywhere else. It always amazes me how much more stuff there is once it comes out than there was when it all fit nicely in the closet. I am also trying to finish my baby quilt and making Thank you notes.
Susan - thanks for the recipe site, there are several that I want to make next week. Here is a good soup recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Soup-Mix-in-a-Jar-105198 it is one I make and "freezes beautifully" (that phrase always makes me think of Steel Magnolias). I also made a really nice wild rice soup on Monday, I will have to look up the recipe later.
Kristine - I did not really get over the exhaustion until closer to 15 weeks. I remember how disappointed I was too at still being tired at 13 weeks. I know you will make it.
Good luck to everyone getting their nesting done.

Hi gals. Looks like you guys were quiet today. I'm afraid I"m paying for my "great" day yesterday. Really sore today. :( I have tomorrow off. Be back then!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.