Pregnant Mom's Check in

melanalyus

Cathlete
He ladies. I couldn't see a check-in anywhere. Okay if I start one?

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins. I had some brown discharge on/off for past few weeks, so I am not exercising. I have an ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks to check on progression of our wee-ones. The technician didn't see a membrane b/w the two babies last u/s....which is vital to their survival.....so we're praying hard for a membrane!

Other than that, I"m feeling pretty appropriate for my condition. Lots of nausea & fatigue. I'm trying to eat healthy, but have decided that I'm going to concentrate on whatever it is I can keep down at this point!

How is everyone else doing?

A Girl!

Hi Melanie and others,

Congratulations on twins! Wow--and I thought being pregnant with one was tiring!

I just had my 18-week sonogram yesterday, and we believe she's a girl (well, you know what I mean). :)

Attached are some photos if I uploaded them right. It's never too early to start a photo album, right? In the first photo, she's looking right at the "camera." The ET look goes away, right? :) In the other, it appears she is trying to get her hand into her mouth.

As far as weight and exercise, it's still a bit of a bummer. I was in the shape of my life with Cathe before pregnancy (at last August's roadtrip, I had unlimited energy and was antsy to do even more classes with Cathe!). I also started STS at the beginning of my pregnancy but felt I needed to stop at 7 weeks; I felt like I was stretching my core too much when lifting.

Now, I've gained 23 pounds and even simple Cathe workouts, like the weights in Body Fusion, tire me out. I'm trying not to worry about it too much. As long as the baby is healthy, I know I can get myself back into shape eventually.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Thank goodness the first trimester is over and I have some energy back (and my craving for all baked good from doughnuts to scones to muffins has subsided). Now if I can only get my DH to help me get the nursery ready!

Take care,
Dawn

Attachments

• baby2003.jpg
    baby2003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 13
  • baby4006.jpg
    baby4006.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
Congrats to you too, Dawn! Is this your first pregnancy? I was training for 1/2 marathon when we found out our pleasant news. I'm preparing myself to take the entire pregnancy off, if need be. This is my first priority (and cleaning up the vomit around the toliet). :confused:

Hey Ladies!
Melanie-Im so glad you are stil hanging in there. I am always thinking about you and hoping everything is going well. You havent had anymore spotting, right? Thanks for starting this thread. Im looking forward to us all sharing our pregnancies!
Dawn-I am about a week behind you..Im due on Oct 13th.
My bloodwork came back positive for possible down syndrome yesterday...so I go have a 2nd level sonogram on the 19th. THe dr told me there was a 2% chance that there is a problem. I have decided to be happy and not worry until I have reason to. There is a 98% chance everything is ok.
As of yesterdays appointment I have only put on 2.5 pounds. I have been able to keep up iwth my workouts and Im really trying to eat good. I put on 30 with DD so Im hoping not to go over that. I am however 8 pounds heavier now than when I got preg with dd ..9 years ago...so Im taking that into account. I was very queasy up until about 11 weeks and lived off bland food. Now nothing gags me expect the thought of coffee (which before preganacy was my favorite!) Only thing I am craving now is oranges..and I MUST have my orange when I wake up or I am not happy.
I am off to make a cake for company.
Hi to everyone.

Periodic light brown spots. I have white/clear discharge....dr says pg women are "dischargy" & wanted to know if there's a chance I would have an STD. lol I must have looked slutty lying eagle out on his table, feet in stur-ups. This was our first acquaintance with one another.

My most predominant symptoms are nausea/vomiting & fatigue. I silently Praise God each time I"m barfing, knowing that this is a good sign. :D

Hi

Hi Susan and Melanie,

This is my first pregnancy, and I had been dieting/exercising for a long time (had lost 95 lbs beginning in February 2006). I admit that during the first trimester, I suddenly craved every bad food I had skipped in all those years. Plus I really felt tired in the evenings when I used to exercise. Well, enough excuses, I know I need to eat better.

Good luck, ladies. Isn't it funny how intimate we end up getting with these OB doctors? They've sure seen it all!

I'll be routing for everyone. When I think ahead to October, it seems so far away. But when I think of it in weeks, it sure goes fast!

Take care,
Dawn

Hi everyone! I am pregnant with my second one, about 8 weeks. My first child is 3 years old. I am trying to be healthy during this pregnancy. I weighed in at 189 last time around, and it took three years to lose it! My OB said I could keep going as long as I wear a heart rate monitor and sleep when I need it. Oddly, I feel more nauseated when I skip workouts. Would love to have preggo buddies this time around! :)

HI 23jimbean-I too felt more nauseated when I didnt work out in those early weeks. If I pushed through the first 15 min I felt so much better.
Dawn your weight gain will level out and youll be just fine. Now that you are feeling better you'll make better choices....but still enjoy this!!
Does anyone know how long its safe to do deadlifts? I have dropped the # big time..but still do a modified dead lift. I also read for the first time that squats are not safe during pregnancy. I have been doing a lot of squating!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update,

Today, I am 8.4 weeks. I finally found a Dr that I feel comfortable with. I'll go for bloodwork and a sonogram in 2 weeks. I have been very sick ladies, I ended up in the ER 2 times already, the first time I couldn't keep anything down for 3 days so I got dehydrated. The second time around was last monday for the same reason. They prescribed me phenergan, reglan and lately zofran. I am hoping the MS would go away soon. I managed to put on two pounds so far.

Melanie, thanks for starting the thread. I have been lurking on/off lately because I have been feeling too sleepy lately (phenergan). It has a nice surprise to hear about the twins after all the worry and the rollercoster you've been on this past weeks. You are in my prayers and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy as well.

Susan, 2.5 pound gain is very good. I lost 3 pounds when I was in the hospital but gained right back when they releae me ;0). I know it is hard to say it, but try not to think too hard about that positive test. It has such a high false positive rate and like you said, even then the chance is so low.

Dawn, this is my first pregnancy too!! We are really excited. I too need to eat better.

23jimbean, I am also 8 weeks pregnant but I haven't been able to keep up with the workouts. I used to be good at it before the MS kicked in!

Jen, are you around?? Are you feeling better?

Check back later

Hey everyone! I had wondered where the pregnancy check in had gone! Thanks Melanie for starting it! I am so glad we all get to share this together! How great is it that we were TTC together and here we are! I am at the end of 11 weeks this week and feeling much better. I have started to get my energy back and only get slightly queasy if I wait too long between meals or sometimes in the evening. I started back to working out with Cathe this week and I have been sleeping so much better! Instead of waking 3-4 times to pee a night I can actually sleep through the night and only get up 1 maybe 2 times and fall right back asleep. I already have quite a belly so I am wondering if there is only one in there or more? I haven't gained but maybe 1 lb if even that. I have my 12 week u/s next week and I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I am always good until right before the u/s and then I worry that something is wrong.

Priscilla- I am sorry you have been so sick. I really hope you get to feeling better soon. Just take care of yourself and that baby in there!

Susan- You are my inspiration! You have done so well with exercising and weight gain! I'm sorry to hear that you have added worry right now. I think you have the right attitude about trying not to worry about it until you know more. But it is so hard not to.

23jimbeam- Hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm glad there are more women joining in on these threads! The more info/support the better! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Dawn- Hi! When I first started m/s I craved every bad food that I ever ate when I was younger. I hadn't eating Burger King breakfast in probably 3-4 years and one morning I HAD to have it. I was constantly wanting high fat carb loaded food. Thank god I started feeling better and I have been wanting salad and fruits and chicken again. I can only get through about 30-40 minutes of Cathe workouts right now so I started doing the shorter premixes. I figure if I can at least keep moving then I am happy with that. I too figure that I will work hard after the baby is born.

Melanie- No offense but hooray for barfing! I too thanked God everytime I felt horribly nauseous even though I never threw up. It's just an extra reassurance!

Hello to anyone else I missed! Maybe we can re-introduce ourselves like we did in TTC so we know a little more about each other???

Pricilla HI..glad to see you. Im so very sorry you have been so sick. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon!!
Jen!!! I have missed talking to you girl!. Im glad you are feeling better. The workout I pulled out the most at first was LIS..it was just enough step before I got exhausted. Im excited to hear about your ultrasound next week.
DD and dh are waiting on me to watch Escpae to Chimp Eden..love that show!
Have a good night!

Susan- I haven't started back with much weight yet. I did the BC premix (lower body and cardio) which kicked my butt! I also did only thirty minutes of KPC. I think I will probably start with these and the premixes and then mix some weights back in. I am having a lot of problem with my piriformis muscle causing me some horrible pain. I am just trying to get back into moving and stretching. I'm sure its cause my hips and back are tight.

Ok time for bed! Have a good weekend everyone!

Jen-I too am having piriformis pain. I had it before getting preg and had it about healed..but it's been creeping in again. I have been stretching like crazy and it seems to help. You are doing great to do any part of BC!! I am sticking to low impact cardio and mostly endurance wieghts. I have been on a Jari Kick lately.
We are headed to Little Rock to do some shopping and pick my Aunt up at the airport. Everyone have a great day!

Hi everyone! Melanie - I'm so glad you started a check-in. I was just lurking and trying to keep updated on everyone.

I'm 14 1/2 weeks and still have some nausea but it's not even close to what it was. I finally figured out that if I get my shots closer to my side I don't bruise as bad. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks then I'll have another ultrasound.
As far as workouts go I'm running about 3-4x a week and doing one body part a day weights. I haven't done much Cathe lately. I go in spurts and I figure once this baby comes and I'm pretty much homebound for a while I'll get back to my Cathes.

Melanie - I went to the Dr. last week because I was having alot of egg-white mucus but he told me it's not necessarily normal but it's not uncommon either. And there's definitely no chance of STD's here!:) Any cravings in particular?

Jen -Good luck w/ the ultrasound - I know what you mean about the worrying.

Priscilla - Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Susan - Have fun shopping.

Dawn - The first trimester is soo hard and it's not easy watching yourself get bigger and bigger even though it is a blessing. Hormones don't help either.

23jimbean- Nice to meet you. I also have a 3 year old and it's so fun to watch how she reacts to the pregnancy. She walks around and sticks her belly out and tells me she's getting a tummy like mommy.

OK - who's in maternity clothes? I am for some things because I have a long torso and need the length. Unfortunately, most non-maternity shirts end up looking like crop tops which is soo attractive on a pregnant woman with polka dots on her belly!

OK - who's in maternity clothes? I am for some things because I have a long torso and need the length. Unfortunately, most non-maternity shirts end up looking like crop tops which is soo attractive on a pregnant woman with polka dots on her belly!

Me! I finally caved at 16 weeks, when my fat jeans didn't feel comfortable anymore. LOL

This seems like a whole new group for the preggo check-in -- I'll have to figure out who everyone is! It was exciting having Jess and Laura both deliver last week :)

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow. My "big" ultrasound isn't until 5/22, as the place is very backed up right now. So we have to wait a few more weeks.

Susan, I can't imagine the stress you're feeling with the results of your quad screen. I debated for a few weeks whether to get testing done, but finally declined all testing (declined with DD3 also). I'm a constant worrier!! I pray for you that everything is okay. We're just praying for a healthy baby. I'm 36, so I know my odds of Down are a bit higher.

My 20 week appt is this Thursday. I baked 14 dozen chocolate chip cookies on Thursday, and I think I've eaten, oh, 13 dozen :eek: Okay, slight exaggeration -- but I'm dreading the scale nonetheless!!

But I'm working out, and that's always a plus. :)

Off to do PS Legs...talk to you all soon.

-- Allison

1st trimester...Ab squeeze?

Hi ladies, I'm new to these forum but have been using Cathe workout for 1 1/2 years. I'm about 7 weeks pregnant & still working out 5-6 days a week x 60 mins (is that too much? ). Any ab workouts at 1st trimester is OK right? Anybody has the Squeeze stronger by Tracy Effinger? She have amazing ab& waist workout. Anybody do these exercise at 1st trimester?

Hi preggos. HOpe everyone is having a nice weekend. It has been raining here ALL day. OUr trip to Little Rock was a wet one.
Wendy-last week to Church I wore my first materity dress. Today I have on a pair of materinity capris an they have the waist under the belly so I feel like they are falling down. I like the belly panal better. I can still fit into my "fat jeans" and my shorts but thats about it. I have the opposite problem as you..I have no torso so my maternity shirts look like dresses..thats why I havent worn any yet. Glad you are feeling better and able to workout. I wish I was a runner.
Allison-hi and welcome! I can match your choc chip cookie eating ability..espcially hot out of the oven! I don't blame you for passing on the bloodwork. I must say its hindering my enjoyment of this pregnancy. I am really trying hard not to think about it ALL the time.
buneknek-welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I have Traceys workouts but have only done them a few times. At first I just knew using such light weights I would not feel the benefits, but I was so suprised how sore I was after the first time. I really need to use them more. I believe doing lying abs are safe up until week 20, then its better to do standing abs.
Hi! Melanie,Dawn, 23Jim,Pricialla(hope you are feeling better) Jen!

Hi,

I hope you all don't mind but I would like to join this check-in too. I am 8 weeks pregnant. I remember some of you from the cathe road trip 2007 and 2008. I am so glad to finally be pregnant myself.

Dawn- I can completely relate to you. I used to feel like i was in great shape and now i feel out of shape but still trying to push to get my w/o's in because I feel worse when I dont.

buneknek- all ob's are dif't mine said it was fine for now first trimester to work my abs and i have and can tell when something doesnt feel right. pushups right now feel weird in my abs so have been modifying them :(

Allison- I also passed on the testing one because i wouldnt do anything about it to begin with plus they are a LOT of times WRONG. my nephew has trouble hearing (1 y.o) but he had got a positive test too and he is perfectly healthy besides the hearing.

BTW- i do notice getting bigger slightly in my belly but mostly my thighs and behind but keep hearing that noone gains weight for the first three months. am i out of the norm then?

Erin

Hi Erin welcome and congrats. I think everyone is different. With my first I gained more early..10 pounds in month 2!! But it will even out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.