Pregnant Mamas!

mfv3

Cathlete
How are all those pregnant mamas out there doing?

We haven't talked in a couple weeks and I'm missing the updates.

I'm 17 weeks today. I'm feeling good with only small waves of nausea. I'm starting to get a round belly and loving it. Working out this week didn't go so well. I was in CO visiting my sister who just had a baby. She is 3 weeks old and quite the sweetheart. I got some nice practice in for my future little one...lots of changing diapers and hearing stories of my sister being sleep deprived....all worth it though :)

I have my 20 week appt on May 24 and we will find out the sex then. I'm super excited!

How is everyone else doing?

Marie

Hi Marie. :)
My name is Courtney Little. I found out three weeks ago that I'm pregnant, with our second. I've just logged on for the first time in this pregnancy. We've been trying for several months to get pregnant, so we are excited. I had a misscarriage last December at 11 weeks, so I'm hoping that this pregnancy will stick. I have my first ultrasound next tuesday.

Which DVD's are you using throughout your pregnancy so far? And how is it going, other than this week visiting your sister? (Which sounds like fun! How exciting to have children so close together in age! My sister and her brand new husband are planning on starting to try this fall. I'm excited for them!)

Have you been able to continue with corework even without being able to lay on your back in your second trimester? I'm curious how that will work.

I usually follow Cathe's monthly rotations. I'm planning on modifying as I go. With my son (who will be 7 in July) I had not yet found Cathe and did not exercise. I'm determined to stay healthy through this pregnacy and keep the weight at a normal range.

I'm looking forward to keeping in contact. :) I wish you a healthy, happy pregnancy!
Courtney

Marie - May 24th is so soon, how exciting to know so soon. I'm trying to put my 20wk ultrasound off until my son is out of Kindergarten because I want both kids to be there.

Courtney - Again welcome! I have been so exhausted this pregnancy that I have a hard time getting anything in once the day is over and I have time. I keep hoping each week will be better but I'm a bit sleep deprived right now and it's not helping.

I have a midwife appointment this afternoon and I imagine I'll be given the info to call in for my 20 week ultrasound, it will probably be more like 22 weeks. I'm not pleased with my weight gain so far, I need to get more fruits and veggies in my life and avoid the carby sweets that tend to get me. It would help if warmer weather would hit us.

We told the kids a couple weeks ago and they are beyond excited, it's nice to see them so happy about it. We told family/friends/work this past weekend so it's officially out there and nice to be able to talk about it to everyone.

Cindy

Courtney- Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome! How exciting. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had one awhile back too so I know how hard it is.

How exciting that your sister will be trying this fall! My BF will be trying soon. I'm like, come on already, start now haha!

Working out has been going well. I have been working out around 4 days a week. I have mostly been using the LIS. I love those! I will lift too but nothing heavier than 40lb total...mostly using High Reps and plan on using STS Meso 1 again. I was in the middle of STS when I found out I was pregnant, about to start Meso 3. My dr said I should not lift super heavy, so yeah had to not go on to Meso 3. She did say I could so abs on my back until 20 weeks (so only 3 more to go). I figure after that I'll do planks and standing abs. I have also been using my Rebecca Small DVD's. She has great step workouts with complex choreography. Cathe's Rhythmic Step, Athletic Step and Step Moves are also getting used a lot. I have been meaning to do Body Max 2. I think that would be a good one but it's so long. Before I was pregnant it would be no problem but lately I'm sticking to an hour or so. The workouts are harder but I haven't had to modify yet.

Keep us posted on your ultrasound. Congrats again! Looking forward to keeping in contact.

Cindy- I love that you're waiting for both your kids to be there for your ultrasound....how exciting! How fun that it's out in the open too! I love discussing it with everyone and keeping everyone updated :)

Good luck with the fruits and veggies! I crave "bad" stuff too and as much as I try to minimize it, that doesn't always happen. Certain days are better than others. I'm doing well with fruit but veggies are another story. I just don't crave them and have to force myself to eat them. Been trying real hard to get more salads in. Lately I have been addicted to sharp cheddar cheese and triscuits. I go through a whole brick of cheese in 3 days...ugh!

Good luck with your midwife appt and keep us posted!

Talk to ya all soon :)

Marie

Hi Cindy, again. :) Good luck with your midwife appointment. :) Are you going to deliver at home? Or in the hospital/birthing center with a midwife? I am also going to be birthing with a midwife, and hopefully at home. With my 6 year old son, we started at home but he got stuck in the birth canal and we ended up having to go the the hospital. He was 10lb11oz! No wonder he got stuck! Hopefully this one will not be as big!

Marie, thanks for suggestions! I love the LIS too! I was also in the middle of STS and had been lifting heavy. I haven't been able to use my shoulder at all since I found out I was pregnant again, which has limited my lifting anyway. I figure I will just have to listen to my body and not push it too hard.
I hope your BF hurries up! :) It's fun to be able to share the pregnancy and makes play dates much easier as they grow too!

Talk with you ladies soon! I'm off to make soup! The weather here feels like we're entering winter again, so warm soup it will be!

Courtney

My midwife appointment went well, had a hard time finding the heartbeat at first then after I used the bathroom (danged bladder) they found it right away. I still feel really good so this week I'm working on making exercise my priority rather than allowing myself to sit and be lazy. We had a good but busy weekend and went to a b-day party at a wall climbing place, it looked awesome and my friend and I are going to go after I've had the baby. We also got in a short hike yesterday to look at some indian pictographs and then I got in another short walk to hunt the family down for dinner. Tonight I plan to do some kickboxing though a STEP workout sounds kind of fun too, decisions!

I'm merging my replies to the two threads on here :)

Heidi - Potty training can be rough but I hope it goes well for you. My daughter trained quickly right before turning 3 and did great for a few months then started peeing her pants and bed. After months of that I finally had to go back to bribing when she woke dry, doing a chore chart for her to earn things, and got her a potty watch (since Day Care wasn't quite as good at getting her on the potty hourly). 1 week of that and she was back to being 100% trained, thank God!

Marie - It's hard getting it all in with work, I exercise at night since I'm up at 5 just to get myself and the kids ready. As long as I don't sit down I'm good but busy days make it hard. I'm loving cheese right now, I've been buying Dubliner cheese and having it with apples for a snack, so good!

Courtney - I'm at 18 weeks today and I was at 11 weeks when I started bleeding with my miscarriage. I was apprehensive about getting excited until we heard the heartbeat and saw the baby on an ultrasound. I was then ready to share the news with everyone. Keep positive thoughts going and let us know how the ultrsound goes. We are planning a home birth though my midwife does have a birth center, I have to work on an appeal with insurance to get them to cover the homebirth. I have quick deliveries and wound up having my daughter by myself at our house so we figure having them come to us is probably best :) I can't imagine a 10 pounder, you go girl!

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.