Pregnant Hotties July 19th

Susank41

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,
Hope you are all doing great. We have had a nice weekend! Nothing exciting to report.
Our dinner/putt putt was fun. My mahi mahi was wayyyyyyy over cooked so dh made me send it back. If this was the first time eating there I would never go back! It tasted that bad. Mini golf was fun expect for bending over the pick up my ball. After the 2nd hole dh took that job over for me.
I go to the dr tomorrow at 1 for a check up and glucose test.
I weighed 131.8 this morning...so Im up I think 13 pounds.
Kara is quite the mover. The other night dh got up from the couch and put the remote on my belly...Kara just about kicked it off. It was funny. Sleeping has not been easy lately. If its not my butt/hip its my shoulders. I do get a power nap usually and that helps soooo much.
Well, I guess that is all for now. We are about to watch a movie.
ttys

Hey Susan! I have no idea what Mahi Mahi is,.....but sorry it wasn't good.

DH is extremely irritating to me, despite packing wee-ones away and leaving for a couple of days. :( I'm not sure if it's all hormones,......or if he really is being as lazy as I'm seeing him right now. Pray for us? Thanks!

We had fun @ the waterpark & Sams Club; but I drove 14 hours in 2 days plus chased the kids. It was priceless, but I need a rest now. My mom spent two days in the hospital with migraines; had a spinal & CAT scan, everything is normal,.......but I miss her dearly (haven't seen her in over 3 years). I'm sure the stress of all that (and then my birthday) didn't help my irritation with DH. *sigh*

Anywho, one more day off before I hit the grindstone again! Have to look for some maternity support hose (eww.....support hose). :confused::eek:

Not much here. Just sleeping badly and feeling bigger than ever. I went off the deep end on food this weekend. Hungry adn a piggy. Off to shower and read, but want to say hi to all.
Susan, sounds like you are the healthiest preggo in the world!
Mel- I wish I coudl send you a hug. I think it is hard to grow a human and work adn be supermom adn a wife, etc. I feel the same way sometimes. Put down the steam cleaner, get some yummy treats, crawl in bed and enjoy YOU. With twins you might need it sooner than later. My husband and I have the same issues. He makes me make a list of things he should do. It is stupid, but works. Such as: Please flush toilet. If our son has to poop or get dressed, do it. If you eat something, rinse off and put in dishwasher. When not accomplished, all offensive items are placed in teh passenger seat of his car. It is ridiculous but he gets the point. My poor husband married his mother, his fault!!!
Love and hugs to al the preggos. I need a fat belly sleep. No more cookies for me. I ate too many. And they were amazing. baby loves them. And root beer too...
:eek:

Morning!
Melanie-hugggsss coming your way. Dh has been getting on my last nerve lately! It has amazed me all that you do, girl. I agree with Christine..you need some "me" time to relax and veg out. Oh..mahi mahi is fish..some sort of dolphin I think...but very good.

Christine-dont worry about those cookies girl! I Have gone off the deep end more times than I care to tell you about lately with food! Hope you slept better last night. I actually did, but woke up with a scratchy throat. I was hoping not to get Haley's crud but I think I found it..grrrr!

I had an ice cream cone last night even though I get the glucose test today. I havent been going crazy with sugar but decided its better to eat the way I usually do to get a true result on the test. If I ate great, passed the test then went back to eating not so great that wouldnt be good either. My b/s hasnt ever been high when I have checked it so Im hoping Im good.

Workouts have been ok last few days. MM, KM low impact, LIS, ME, and today will be cardio of some kind.

Hi to everyone! bbl to report on my dr's appt.

Hey everyone! I think we should go on strike at home and lay in bed and eat, eat eat! ;) How does that sound? Put the men to work! My DH hasn't been bad but I thought I would join in!

Not a whole lot to report. Just getting bigger and having some awful growing pains in my back and sides at night. I'm usually good all day but if I sit too long my poor back and sides are just cramping/tight. I try to stretch but I am just so tired. I feel like I have lost my second trimester energy already at 24 weeks. But James is moving around so much! It's fun!

Susan- I know what you mean about the kicking. I had my cell phone on my stomach one night he was really active and it almost fell off. I can tell this will be a game I play with him now to keep me entertained! Hee hee....

Melanie- I'm sorry to hear about your mom and that you weren't able to see her. Bummer.... Sounds like you guys are close.

Christine- I LOVE your list for your DH! I always tell DH that he will find crumbs, dirty dishes, etc on his pillow. Still haven't had to do it yet but the threat is always there!

Waves to everyone else! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

My mom is my best friend! I'm glad she's feeling better, just sad I didn't see her.

Vacation? By myself? LOL That won't happen for another 15 years or so. LOL Thanks for all the warm wishes & hugs. I feel overworked & under appreciatied, .....but who doesn't? I want more help/work from DH,...but I don't want him to resent me or feel nagged. Urgh!

Not much to report here. last friday we went to Babies R us to see few cribs and baby's stuff. Here is my dilemma, I currently live in a 2/2 apartment but one of the bedrooms is packed with workout machines and all kind of equipments, just the thought of moving all that gives me a headache!!. I talked to the leasing office people and they said that there are no 3/2 apartments available now and that they may not have any until Nov, so they put me on a waiting list... (2 people before me) So... I don't want to buy anything just yet until I know for sure. It's a quite complex, 3 miles from work and I'm thinking that I usually have 2 hr lunch so I can swing by and feed my little one. I really hope we can get a bigger apartment here, otherwise I may have to buy just a small crib for few months until I can fix a bedroom for him/her. Good thing I have 4 more months to look around..

Dawn, how was the baby shower?

Jen, it's how you mentioned that because my mom also thinks it's a girl, my dad thinks it's a boy though, we'll see

Susan, your are all belly and a CUTE one! I am glad you guys had fun

Melanie, just few weeks to find out the babies' gender. I'm glad your mom is feeling better, mine is like a little girl, I can't have anything sweet around here b/c she has no will power when it comes to sweets

Wendy, how funny! I bet your DD I don't know where you live but believe sometimes I feel the urge to do the same thing here in TX

Christine, I'm sorry for all the recent drama in your life. I am also finding out my baby's sex this week. i'll keep everyone posted

Have a great day everyone!

I managed to get through low max..it wasnt easy though!

Jen-Im up for your strike!! THe eating part sounds like so much fun! My dh hasnt been bad either. Just simple things have been getting on my nerves..so Im assuming its my hormones. We have been together for 21 years, married 16 so we know each other well and what the other needs. He may not always do something I think needs to be done at that moment but is always willing to help if I ask him. Men just think differently than we do...and that is what is frustrating.

bb after my appt

Hi pricialla you snuck in on me! Im meant to tell you Im glad your vitamins are treating you better these days! I hope your apartment becomes available!

Priscilla- I hope you are able to get a three bedroom. I think a small crib sounds like a good idea until you would know for sure. I'm such a planner that it would drive me nuts not to know.

Susan- My DH is pretty good at helping too. Especially now while I am pregnant. But I have also tried to be good about communicating my wants/needs from during pregnancy and not be too whiny and demanding. He actually said the other day that I have been pretty good and he can't complain. I am so proud of you for continuing to work out!

Hi everyone!

OK Who else is thinking about how great it will be to have Shock Cardio to get us back in shape. And the fact that the cardio is shorter than 1hr. I'll surely be able to find time for that! I never got to finish STS so I'm really excited to go all out after the baby gets here-lord knows I'll need it.

Anyway, I've got to get back to work-I see my next patient in 8 minutes!!!! Bye for now

HI
Back from Dr. Won't know the glucose results until Wednesday. I thought it would just be a finger prick and I would know today..but they took a big tube to check my iron levels etc. I checked my b/s right when I got home and it was 97 and it needed to be under 145.soooooooo Im hoping Im in the clear!
Since I have been having brx hicks alot he went ahead and checked me. All is fine and good!! Haley came with me..if I had known I would be checked I wouldnt of takne her..but she was fine. Before the dr came in she said.."mama I hope you don't pee on him"..geeezzz...shes a trip!

HI Wendy- I cant wait for Shock Cardio either!!!!

Gotta run..I"ll check back in a bit

So excited for shock cardio. I am really looking forward to somethign new. I got STS the day I got my preggo positive, so I will have so much to earn!
Susan, I bet you are just fine. I think I have the glucose test next week, I can't stand that thing!
Precilla- No worries on the crib. When they are little, you hold them all the time anyhow, they come out ready to party all night! I used a cute Moses basket for my son for months. If you are not opposed, you can get a co-sleeping attachment for your bed. My son was colicky, so that was not an option for us, but my friends have sworn by it! I feel your anxiety, though. With a potential move, we are not even setting anything up this time around, till we know we will be here for good!!!
Mel- Hope you are feeling better. Are you having terrible side pains? I have bad round ligamnet pain and am sleeping poorly. I am goign to try to do some light video today, in hopes that some movement will jostle the pain around!
Wendy- It is amazing how strong you are. You will bring one heck of a great soul into this world with all you are going through...
Also, for all those of you with kids. It is hand foot and mouth season, with the heat and a lot of inddor play, it is going around like crazy. Be careful if your kids get it again. My sister got it last summer when preggo and ended up with meningitis in the hospital. Lots of hand washing.
Off to do Low Imp Circuit. I like the music a lot. And skipping the abs at the end!
Happy Monday to all you beautiful preggos out there!!

Susan- How old is Haley? She sounds hilarious. My son asked yesterday if I pee for the baby. He is very confused. He is convinced it is a boy, and so coudl not understand how I coudl have a penis in my tummy. I laughed so hard. He comes to all my appts, and always adds comic relief. I am one of the crazy moms who is neurotic and has never left him with a sitter, so he has seen it all!:rolleyes:

Christine-Haley is 9...she is a hoot. She for sure keeps us laughing! LOL about your ds. I just love thier innocence and sense of humor!! I know nothiing about hand and foot..I need to read up on it. Haley has never had to be with a sitter either. My mom has always kept her for us. I feel so lucky to have her close! My mom and dad divorced when I was 3 so I had sitters a lot after school etc.
Making a new sweet potato soup for supper...spaghetti for dh and Haley.
bbl

Susan- I understand so well. I was trying to explain the sitter thing to my friend, who is fearless about leaving her son with people. My mom got cancer when I was 3 or 4 and we were with random people my whoel life. I have such vivid memories of being alone, so I smother my son! Hopefully he will find a balance when he has kids ot make up for my childhood neglect nad need to make up for it as an adult! I wish I had family closer. My mother in law watches him one night a year for our anniversary so that we can get away. Truthfully, I miss him then, too. Never knew my son would make me such a sap!:eek:

Melanie, my DH had this same convo just yesterday. How there's so much to do, and he feels no motivation to do any of it. It's driving me crazy, because I can't move the furniture around and I can't do several of the projects around the house (he's been working on our front porch since April; tells me he has 1.5 days of work left (plus painting) -- and yet all the stuff continues to sit in my living room and dining room because we live in the city and have no garage!). Sorry about your mom not being able to visit. I couldn't imagine not seeing my mom for 3 years; you guys must have been looking forward to this visit very much.

Priscilla, you might consider what we did for the first few months with DD. Though she had a crib in her room, she slept in the bassinet feature of the Pack N Play in our room until she was 3-1/2 months old. Whoever woke up with her at night would take her to her room to feed and rock, but she didn't sleep in her crib. That might be an option for you :)

I'm loving the idea of eating eating eating LOL I've exercised regularly through this pregnancy; did none last time. I've eaten better too. But my weight gain is tracking the same as last time :( My OB told me to relax and enjoy the last weeks, not overboard, but not kicking myself.

My right hip has been killing me today; even hurts to walk up the stairs. I've not experienced that type of pain during pregnancy. It stinks!

Allison, sorry about the weight gain,.....but you'll find it's easier to bounce back after bambino if you continue to stay in shape while pregnant.

As far as DH goes,........these are very basic support sort stuff that he is not doing,...and he is a stay-at-home Dad. We haven't even started with the bambino stuff! *YIKES*

My son asked yesterday if I pee for the baby. He is very confused. He is convinced it is a boy, and so coudl not understand how I coudl have a penis in my tummy. I laughed so hard.

LOL!! That's hysterical. DD is 3; it's fun to hear how she interprets what's going on. "What does he DO in there? Is he all wet? Does he like what you're eating?"

Wendy, yep -- I'm totally psyched about Shock Cardio!! I've been watching the dust build on STS, which arrived 1 week after I found I was pregnant. I'm excited to jump into both!

Have any of you checked out the Insanity series from Beach Body? There's so much talk about it on the boards, and I keep reading the threads with interest.

Melanie, I guess I just don't *feel* like I'm staying in shape, since the weight gain is bumming me out. But, I'm going to keep on keeping on! ;)

I'm the SAHM in our house, so I take care of the daily stuff around the house. But maintenance is DH, and he's not interested in doing it right now. Add to that the stuff we need to do for the baby's arrival, and I'm just getting very frustrated.

I think, subconsciously, that he's annoyed/disappointed that I can't do all that I normally do, or that I get winded trying to maintain my pace. Throw in the problems we've been having with my 3 stepkids, and well, it's been an awesome time in our house LOL My solution to that drama is to let him handle them more on his own, which means more work for him than he's used to so he's also not thrilled about that. Oh, well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.