Pregnancy rash? Maybe TMI...

melimcn

Cathlete
OK has anyone had this?
Up until now, I just thought maybe it was acne. But it's spreading all over my back and only in specific places (like under my bra) and on my collarbone. These do not look like pimples. They are smaller and much more evenly spread where I have it.

It doesn't really itch much. It just seems to be spreading.

It's worth noting that I've never had any sort of blemishes or acne in my life. This is brand new since being pregnant.

I have this too and I figured it was some type of acne. I haven't asked a doctor about it. I've got it on the back of my neck, my upper back, and my chest. It started fairly early in my pregnancy and now I'm 28 weeks and I still have it. I don't think it's anything to worry about though.

It sounds like PUPPS (red, itchy rash of pregnancy). I forget what it stands for, but I developed it at 39 weeks and it was horribly itchy and annoying. My OB said to use Avenno with Menthol, which helped some. The key was not itching it, which only made it worse. The cure is delivery, but I hear some people have it on and off throughout pregnancy. Supposedly it attacks the areas where you have stretch marks first, and spares the belly button area. It can spread to other areas of your body.

It's no fun, but hopefully it won't last too long for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.