Pregnancy checking for week of Dec 22.

Morning all. How was everyones weekend? Any special plans for Christmas?

My DH fam is already gone. It was a short sweet visit. I ate SOOO bad though and I've gained a few lbs this weekend. I'm so eating light today and probably workout tonight. ack! well our Christmas is pretty much done. We opened gifts early on Friday. (We have a good reason). I want to leave up the tree atleast till Christmas though. Dh is always eager to put stuff away. scrooge. lol.

Morning all. How was everyones weekend? Any special plans for Christmas?

My DH fam is already gone. It was a short sweet visit. I ate SOOO bad though and I've gained a few lbs this weekend. I'm so eating light today and probably workout tonight. ack! well our Christmas is pretty much done. We opened gifts early on Friday. (We have a good reason). I want to leave up the tree atleast till Christmas though. Dh is always eager to put stuff away. scrooge. lol.

No special plans for me. My DH arrives in Chicago from Germany tomorrow, but we're expecting 3-12 inches of snow!!! Who knows if he'll make it. :( The weather here has been crap. Christmas Eve is my father's birthday so we're celebrating that. On Christmas Day we're celebrating with my step mother's family. On Saturday my mother is having her side of the family over. So, there are a lot of events going on. Anyway, I will still do my workouts. I'm at a new gym this week and they have some interesting cardio machines so I've been doing that. Yesterday was a spin class and the instructor was very much like Coach Sean, so it was a good class. Yesterday was also legs and today was chest and abs. Not sure about which cardio to do tomorrow (probably a class as I rarely have the time to do them so I'm taking advantage now) and back.

The baby isn't moving so much today so that's no fun. :(

Hello all! Guess what? I passed my 3 hour glucose test!!! Yippee!!! I would totally do big fat preggo cartwheels if I knew how (never could do them..sigh). Anyways, I was shocked and elated when the dr told me 'congratulations'. Woohoo!

As for Christmas plans...tonight one of my best friends is coming over with her family to eat dinner and exchange with us. Wednesday night my brother is coming into town to stay with us a night or two. Thursday will be dinner here with DH, DS, bro and an uncle. DH's dad and stepmom will come over in the afternoon. Sat will probably be a trip down to my hometown to exchange with another best friend who lives in TX. Some time we'll have to squeeze in a trip to DH's hometown to give gifts to his grandmas. It has DS all confused about Christmas. He knows it's just one day and doesn't understand why it's celebrated for so long. LOL

Tana

Hi Jess, my weekend was stress-free. I finished up with my Christmas shopping and spent Sunday watching Christmas movies. I am planning on sewing Christmas outfits for my shih-tzu and my border collie tomorrow. I also have to finish sewing the Christmas hats for everyone else for our pictures on Thursday.
Laura, it is good that you exercise still. I have not been in the mood, and now my back is killing me. Our local YMCA has prenatal swimming and I am seriously considering attending. I’m also looking for one of those maternity belts in hope that it will help.
Tana, I am glad that you pass that 3 hour test. I wish that I can celebrate Christmas all year long.

As for me, I’m almost 29 weeks and I have gained a total of 7 pounds. It all seems to be all in front so my back is killing me. I’m not too worried about it, I know that a lot can happen in 10 weeks. So we’ll see. I hope everyone has a good week.

Skyy

Hi Everyone. Sorry I've been MIA. I had four days off and they just flew by!
Most of it was spent doing the nursery - i made up the crib and took the furniture out that didnt belong and did some rearranging, the best i could given with what the room lets me work with.
I tried looking for curtains at 3 different stores but no luck. Nothing was really baby friendly. I was looking for pink or yellow but nothing! And they are about $30 a panel and i need two so its crazy. I ended up taking pink curtains from my bedroom and putting them in the nursery. THe only problem is they are an entirely different shade of pink. Ah well...

I also organized all the clothes by size. I have so many 0-3. I brought some of the used like new ones in for another coworker. Im supposed to be getting a shower in Jan from my church so im sure i'll get more clothing and someoen from work is supposed to be bringing me a huge suitcase full of clothing as well! Im sure the baby wont even wear half of those adorable outfits!

Tana - congrats on passing the glucose test, i'm glad to hear that!

My xmas plans are not exciting. I will be at work xmas eve until 5pm. I will go home and then DH will leave for his shift :( So i'll be alone. Lucky me. Then for xmas day, i took a personal day off and my DH will work. So at least we will be home toegether until he leaves around 5pm. Im making xmas lunch for DH and my DAD around 1pm. I wanted a beef tenderloin but it was almost $20 a pound and my DH does not care for him. So im making a cranberry pork tenderloin - in the crockpot!! Haha. It will be easier for me that way. Plus its more like a lunch so watever. My dad asked why not a turkey and i said i just made a big turkey dinner for thanksgiving and dont really feel like it. Its a lot of work - i dont think boys realize that.
So i guess DH and I will exchange gifts when he wakes up (who knows when that will be) and then i will stuff him before he goes off to work. NOt a very fun holiday, but what can you do. Im curious to see what he got me

Im having a very weird symptom and im wondering if anyone has had this before.....
i dont know if it is from working out but ever since i did the Olajide workout (boxing) i have a funny feeling in my arm and fingers . He did a lot of very rapid, long punching combos so im thinking it migt be that. My upper arm is sore - bicep tricep area and when i flex my hand back and forth it really hurts up there. But the weirder symptom is my middle and ring finger on the same hand go numb and get tingly and sometimes it hurts. its like i have no feeling in them. And sometimes they feel cold. I will wake up and it feel like my whole arm is asleep.
Anyone know whats going on??? My fingers are numb right now actually :(

Just thought id check and see if anyone had this happen to them before.....

Jen -
Yet another weird thing with me is something that sounds like what you described but its not pregnancy related. It happens when I'm not preggo too. It seems to come mostly in spurts of time though like for a few weeks or so.. I'll wake up at night and one or both arms will be tingly or totally asleep. I HATE it when it gets to where I can't feel them at all. I'm always cold to a rediculous point. I've been to the dr for it and there isn't anything they can do about it. I don't know if that is the same thing but it might be. Could be your arms are pooped and also typing alot could aggrivate it. I really don't know.
Glad you got alotta work done in the nursery! :) Thats good you alteast get most of the day with DH on Christmas.
I got a handful of sleepers etc at goodwill. They were only 99 cents and look barely used.

Skyy- wow thats all you've gained? your doing better than me. I'm at 10 lbs at 22 weeks. ugh! with the pain have you tried one of those support belts? there are some that are fancy and can help distribute the weight better.
Thats cool you can sew. If you can share the pics I bet they'll be so cute!!! I just got a maternity skirt at goodwill that was like 3 sizes too big but it was SOOO cute. I decided to get it and take it all in. I spent the day working on it and actually did it. I am so proud of myself lol! It fits perfect now. It had a liner too. I have another denim skirt I got there too that fits but wasn't maternity so I cut off the top and am going to add stretchy material for a panel. I'm hoping this one turns out as well. I also have a pattern for a maternity skirt to make from scratch. We'll see if I get to that project at all. lol.

Tana -YAY! about the glucose test! ;) Here's hoping mine goes ok today. (I'm almost possitive she said it was this week?) Sounds like you have a super busy week. You get to enjoy Christmas extra long so thats extra fun. Say it to DH like that ;) lol.

Laura- I hope DH makes it in ok! We had flights canceled around here due to just fog the other day. A friend of mine had to drive an hour away to another airport to get off to see family. Sounds like your doing great on your workouts! I still say its a bit too soon to worry alot about movement. For a couple days my lil one was pretty inactive but he made up for it last night when I was trying to sleep. ha. I think they say regular movements you should be feeling wont be till like 26-28 weeks or something? They can be pretty sporadic till then. Plus some (like Jen) didn't feel anything till 22 weeks.

appt update: Midwife said the weight gain so far is fine/normal. (shew!) they did my lab work to check the platelets so I'll find out next time. But the glucose test is next month. otherwise uneventful appt. Measured exactly 22 weeks which is where I'm at. ;)

jess you have ony gained 10 pounds and you are halfway there! yay.
why am i the only one who seems to be gaining a TON???? Im 32 weeks tomorrow and the scale says i've gained 30 pounds (as of tonite). i just want to cry. Im mortified. I think its too much. I have 8 weeks to go and supposdely you gain a pound a week still so thats 8 more pounds to go. If this keeps up im going to be 40 POUNDS overweight!!!!! I know some of it is baby but not ALL of it :'( I do workout still , i try to eat well but this time of year is hard but still. Im really not doing anything THAT different than i was pre preggers...im depressed!

Jen -I posted before that with my last son I worked out like a MANIAC and was careful how I ate also and still gained 40 lbs. Coming home from the hospital I was 20 lbs lighter and the rest came off within a few months (without dieting/exercise -just nursing). And I didn't swell that much with him either so that accounts for some weight too! so try not to worry too much. I may even catch up with you yet! I'm only worried cause with my last ones MOST of the weight I gained was in the last trimester by far.
BTW I'm feeling HUGE this last week lol!! I have to hold my breath to bend over already. I've been getting a bit of acid reflux in the evenings. I'm having a hard time imagining getting alot bigger but I know I have to. I SHOULD take another belly pic. I'd bet you can see a difference from only 2 weeks ago! even dh said so when I asked him. ha. The U/S tech did say it's likely going to be a big baby. oy!

thank you for the encouragement :) i know we have been over this a million times! it is just so HARD for me to accept sometimes given i used to have issues with the scale and still do. of course i want my baby to be healthy so i am eating like im supposed to.
sometimes its just hard to see myself getting so big in various places (except where i want to big if you know what i mean!!!! :) )

anyway, thanks again. i know i should just accept it and deal with it and quit whining becuase i have been blessed with a relatively easy pregnancy and so far my baby is healthy.

i wonder how much she will weigh? I dont have any more ultrasounds so i dont know how they will be able to predict if she will be big or not. two appointments ago, they said she was almost a pound heavier than average. last time they did not say anything. i did not have an ultrasound, they just used that tape measure. I am going to miss getting a peek at my little angel.

my DH told me yesterday he doesnt like the name i thought we had picked :( So now its back to the drawing board. I feel like the WORST mom ever. I cant name my own baby!!! Im having SUCH a hard time. Girls who are pregnant and due later than me already have names lined up. So i feel like a total loser :) Wow, is this a pity party tonite or what? I guess im a little down becuase i'll be spending xmas eve all by myself and also xmas evening. I will see DH for a bit on Xmas but he works at nite. Tomorrow I have to work too. So when i come home i'll see him for about 5 minutes. My xmas eve will consist of me coming home, doing a workout, taking a shower and getting ab ite to eat. Maybe put some gifts under the tree and go to bed alone. Fun, huh? Definately not how i am used to xmas. At least i have my little doggy, Princess to keep me company.

Anyway, enough downer posts from me, i'm really sorry!

I hope you all have a very merry christmas in case you dont come to our check in this week. I know you will all be busy with the hlidays and family and i wish you all a safe, happy and healthy holiday season!

Jen -don't worry. I'm the same way too. I worked hard getting back in shape and lost some weight so its ruff seeing the scale go back up again. But I do have to realize it is due to the pregnancy. Really your not doing that bad anyway. Here is a link about weight gain. http://www.babycenter.com/0_pregnancy-weight-gain-what-to-expect_1466.bc
If you were a bit underweight 40 lbs is normal. If not 40 lbs would only be 5 above the "recommended" weight gain. And everyones body/pregnancy is different. Just do the best you can. I'm definetly not doing as well as I'd like but I hope the rest of the pregnancy to get back into the swing of things.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great Christmas eve/Christmas. I'm going to be home so I always come to the computer here and there to checkin between activities. ha. We did Christmas early so not much going to be going on here.

I just wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas :)
I am at work today but have christmas off. It will probably be a slow day. My sgt just gave me a nice card and an ornament filled with candy. I got a gift yesterday from one of the clerks here too. I guess some people like me :)

I hope you all have a very nice holiday. Hard to believe its that time of year again! Thsi time next year we will all have little ones to spoil - whether it be our first babies (like mine will be) or not. Yay!

Oy...it is dragging today! But i shouldnt complain - next week im back at our HQ location and i'll be going nuts. Its supposed to be for the week only but i have a feeling they will keep me there til i give birth! Its sooooo stressful there, i do not enjoy it at all..

So, im sitting here racking mybrain - i need a GIRL name for my BABY!!
I tought my hubby and I had settled on Marlo. I even bought the wall letters to hang in the nursery. He told me the other day that it doesnt have the "it" factor for him and he changed his mind. But we cannot think of a name we agree on. Im at a loss. I've come up with a ton of boy names i like, but that doesnt help becase im having a girl!

Can you guys throw some nice names out there - nothing too popular, i'd rather have something mroe unique - but not WEIRD unique. Or just something pretty. Nothing crazy. I even emailed my two unlcles in ireland to see if they had some beautiful irish girl names i could use or get inspired off of. Lets just say their choices would NOT be mine :(

So im trying to come up with a new list of names for this poor baby and im getting nowhere. I already feel like a bad mommy and i havent even given birth! haha :)

Jen - don't be silly!! naming is HARD for most parents. unless they had names picked out ages before expecting which is really rare. My DH and I go back and forth and can't agree on anything. It is stressful! We have a "maybe" name now that I like. I am sorta getting attached to it and I'm afraid he'll dump it later. :( So what your going thru is VERY common believe me. ha. With Noah it was the same. It took forever to come up with one that we both loved.

Suggestions. hmm. names I liked but you may not ha: Some are more common than others.

Meg (could be short for Megan or Margaret)
Adrienne
Celeste
Lauren
Dahlia
Deidre
Deja
Sophie/Sophia
Giana
Lizzy (elizabeth if want a full name for it)
Madeline "Maddy" for short
Lilly
Kaitlyn "Kaity"
Lexi (alexia/alexis)

Deja/Dejah sounds like in "Deja Vu" I know a photographer by this name from my photography forum and I always thought it sounded different/pretty. www. dejahquinn. com

I also really liked Dahlia but it keeps making me thing of the "black dahlia". I know a girl with that name and she is so sweet though.

Jen don't worry so much about the weight. I know that it is easier said than done. But I think that I have only gained 7 pounds because I started off overweight. My doc said my goal should only be 15 pounds. I will likely hit it by the time I deliver. If I was smaller before I got pregnant, my goal would have been much more I'm sure. From Jess' list I like Lilly the best. I also like the name Olivia, Paige, Raven, Jordan, Abigail, and Madison.

We have picked our baby girl's name (actually I had picked this name 18 years ago and said if I ever had a daughter, I would name her this). I did change her middle name because like I said, I love the name Lilly. So my baby's name is Annissa Lillian. I read on one of the baby naming website that it means: a completed spirit. All the other sites said it is a combination of Anna and Lisa. I am going with "a completed spirit" I like that better.

Skyy

Thank you for the suggestions Jess. Maybe my problem is i am too picky. Or just clueless haha. Skye that is a beautiful name for your little girl. Its such a nice feeling have the name picked out already!

Merry Christmas to you all, i hope you have a wonderful holiday. My husband worked last nite and i could not even get int ouch with him, he was so busy with calls. Lots of domestics and some arrests and he couldnot even call to check on me on xmas eve. It was just me and the dog. I treated it just like a normal nite at home and tried not to think about it too much. I did Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2. But i could not do all of it :( My feet were klling me again. ANd this morning its hard to walk. I have a lot of pain in my hip flexors. I did not do a lot of impact in the step workout so i dont know why im so sore

and im sitll having that numb/tingly feeling in my fingers and arm. its been almost a week and has not improved. Could it be a pinched nerve???

I finished up the nursery, now i just need to paint it, but i dont know if we ever will get to that. Any suggestions on colors/wall patterns? Im going to include a few pics of the fniished nursery below

i hope you all have a great holiday!

Attachments

• nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 6
  • nursery2.jpg
    nursery2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • armoire.jpg
    armoire.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 6
  • changing table.jpg
    changing table.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 5
  • crib.jpg
    crib.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 6
a couple more pics

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 6
  • quilt.jpg
    quilt.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6
  • shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 6
Jen your nursery is too cute!! :) so have your arms been constant like that? maybe you should get it checked out? it could be. They did some test on me but I guess it wasn't anything serious. Can barely remember it cause it was a long time ago.
I'd guess your going to have to slow down some on working out. Pregnancy takes it out of you as it is. The further I got with Noah the more I had to slow down some.
Yeah I'm super picky too. Those names were on my "like" list but I wasn't settled on any and DH is as picky as me and we have different tastes so most of those he'd reject right away. sigh! We both keep giving boy names and the other says no. argh. I'm looking over tons of name lists and not finding a single name. Boys are harder for me than girls names. For some its the reverse. Goodluck. I hope you come up with something perfect! or maybe try to persuade him to go back with Marlo again. ha.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.