Pregnancy Check-in Week of May 31st

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! We were quite the active group last week, weren't we? :D

PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Oct. 2 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 16 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam - Dec. 15
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

I am going to church today,...it's been THREE weeks that I've missed b/c of nausea/vomiting. Do you think the congregation will remember me? LOL

I'm beginning to feel much much better. Not quite a tired, and my vomiting has dropped down significantly! AND MY SPOTTING IS GONE! I am eager to have another u/s,...I'd like to peak in on them & make sure everything is okay. I believe I'm entering the 12th week right now....and I"m looking forward to a nice break before 2nd trimester ailments kick in.

I'm also looking forward to getting back to my workouts,...if dr gives me two thumbs up,...since no spotting (and maybe some intimacy too).

That's my story. How's everyone else doing?

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I would like to join you ladies. I just found out on Wednesday that I am pregnant with #2. I got a little girl, who is almost 2 1/2 years old. We were trying for 8 months for number 2. This wasn't supposed to be the month yet to get pregnant, next month would have been fine, because now I am going to miss my dad's 70th Birthday. Oh well, it's too late now to worry about that, isn't it :p.

I am only about 5 weeks and my due date should be February 1st. I have to call tomorrow to get my first Dr.s appointment scheduled.

So far I am really tired in the mornings but it gets better during the day and some really light nausea, but so far so good (keeping fingers crossed).

I am still going strong on my workouts. Right now I am doing Meso 2 of STS. I will just listen to my body and lighten up if I have to or change to something else.

I am excited to check in with you!

I'll BBL
Kristine :)

Melanie, are you still able to edit your first post to include this?

PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Oct. 2 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 16 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam - Dec. 15
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Afternoon ladies! Whew! You definitely get your energy back in the 2nd tri but man do I poop out much quicker! I have to stop and keep resting and I am out of breath all the time! On a good note, I have felt baby move more often especially yesterday. DH wanted to feel, it was so cute but I had to explain that he won't feel it yet.

Welcome Krille! Congratulations on your wonderful news! I hope you don't have m/s too bad! Great job on the wo's!

Melanie- You start to feel like a new person when your energy comes back. Very soon you will forget what it was like to throw up all day/every day. ;) Then again, maybe not. That is AWESOME about no spotting! I will pray that you can start to lightly workout and get gently intimate again!

Warm day here in Tx but beautiful. We went to church this morning and then we went to a nice local Mexican restaurant to celebrate our 2nd anniversary (it's tomorrow). We feel so blessed this year with baby #1 on the way.

Kristine, I want to welcome you to this group. Congratulations!!!

Melanie, I'm glad to learn that you're doing much better as far as m/s goes. Yeahhh for no spotting! I want to start working out this week. It's weird, I know I have to do it for the multiple benefits of working out during pregnancy but my mind is telling me otherwise :0(

Jen, I haven't felt my little one yet. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow so I'm hoping I can feel him/her within the next 2 weeks

Hi to everyone else!!! Keep up the good energy

Precilla, I believe 16 weeks is the average time that mom's feel their baby's kick/move around for the first time. First time mom's usually feel them a little later, seasoned mom's a little sooner. Jen was really early,....I just don't want you to be bummed if it takes longer. :p I LOVE FEELING MY BABY MOVE!! I'm excitingly awaiting it too,...and wonder what TWO will feel like. :D

It's quiet here today,...where is everyone?

Hey, all!!

Melanie, thanks for editing the first post :) Great news about the spotting!! Hopefully the other delightful effects of 1st trimester will not stick around once you hit the 2nd tri.

Jen, too cute about DH wanting to feel the baby move.

Kristine, congratulations on your wonderful news! Welcome to the group.

Priscilla, with DD, I didn't feel her move until I was about 22 weeks. I started to worry with this one, because I didn't really feel movement (not even the little bubbles) until about 20 weeks. My OB wasn't concerned, so I tried not to be too.

We took DD and my stepkids to see UP! today. What a great movie (of course, I cried a few times :eek:).

Supper Club last night was fantastic. I think I ate a full day's calories in one sitting :)

But I did manage to workout Fri, Sat, and Sun! Today was Leaner Legs; I decided it was okay to skip the third set of leg presses, in the name of modification LOL

Good morning, Allison, Melanie, Jen, Kristine, Priscilla, and everyone else. :)

So glad to hear m/s and spotting are over. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all. The first trimester (this is my first baby) was really tough for me.

In my 23rd week, I have most of my energy back. Yippee! This weekend I felt so accomplished--errands and shopping completed, dogs walked multiple times, and modifed Step Blast and 4DS kickbox completed. I have lost quite a lot of strength though :-(. I did the kickbox cardio, then the lower body premix. During the calf exercises, my calves were screaming and they used to be one of my favorite muscles to work.

By late afternoon, I find I do need a nap though and to put my feet up.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dawn

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday for those of us that have to work!

Priscilla- Even when I felt the baby move around 13 weeks, it was like a flutter or twitch and that was it for another week or so and then maybe at 14 weeks I felt it again. It was never constant and I never knew when it was going to happen. I don't feel him/her very often now either. Saturday was probably the most in one day that I have actually noticed. I'm sure he/she moves much more but I'm just too busy to notice. Happy Anniversary also! What a wonderful anniversary to be expecting your first!

Allison- Was the dog in the movie alot? That is really the only reason why I want to see UP! I know sounds weird but I am a huge dog lover and that dog reminds me of my own. Great job on the wo's!

Dawn- I notice any activity now that my muscles get sore quicker. I was washing windows and my arms/shoulders were sore. Hooray for more energy! I'm starting to feel it somewhat. I get bursts and then I get exhausted. But I still feel like I get alot done.

Hello to all the other beautiful pregnant ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Allison- Was the dog in the movie alot? That is really the only reason why I want to see UP! I know sounds weird but I am a huge dog lover and that dog reminds me of my own. Great job on the wo's!

Yep, the dog is in it a lot :) "Squirrel!!"

Dawn, I haven't been brave enough to try to modify any of the more challenging step workouts. Good for you! I love Step Blast -- was it difficult to modify? Are you just using the platform now? That's what I've been reduced to. I feel like I'm cheating all the time ;)

My mom has started buying "the boy" (as DD calls the baby) clothes already. I had to start putting everything in a bin, because there is no nursery for this little guy yet. I'm quickly learning that little boy clothes are no where near as fun as little girl clothes.

I can't decide what workout to do today. I don't feel like doing any, to be honest. But I'm dressed for it, so I guess I should. LOL

I did a lot of housecleaning today -- vacuuming, Swiffering, mopping, scouring, cleaning the kitchen -- and we hit the playground, too.

It's beautiful in Philadelphia today -- sunny with no humidity. My kind of day :)

Oh, and for a little chuckle. DD is 3. Her observation yesterday? "Mommy, your boobs are REALLY growing!" LOL

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day! This is the slowest I've seen this thread in the past month or so. Guess everyone is busy doing fun things!

Last edited:
Hi ladies! Today has been good,...I had my first "showing" since my pregnancy (i.e. girlfriend time). I almost slept through it,....waking up from my nap 15 minutes before I was supposed to meet with her at the park. It was nice to have some girlfriend time. It's been a long time.

I'm debating when the best time would be to sign up for free baby stuff & if I can sign up twice since there's twins? It was so difficult to get all the "baby stuff" in the mail after my miscarriage & I don't want to be premature in signing up this time. Have you guys all signed up for these things?

Pennstater~ I've never bought for girls (and I'm such a tomboy),...I hadn't realized that boys clothes are 'boring'. LOL Cute comment on the boobs. I'm suprised my little ones haven't noticed my belly bump!

I"m debating if I should take another nap or tackle a household chore,...

Sorry to have been out of the loop. I had houseguests....
I have had a bad work out week, no energy. Today I started a DVD adn stopped after 15 minutes because I wa too hungry. Ugh.
So, I just got a call from my OB office and I STILL have asymptomatic bacteriria aven though I was on Macrobid for 10 days. I am so worried. I am picking up more antibiotic in teh morning for a 28 day treatment. I went online to read about it, which was probably a mistake, since it says that it can be related to pre-term death, early rupture of membranes, etc. It also indicates that I must be a low income prostitute with the likelihood of getting this. Agh. So bummed. :confused:

Melanie- Where do you sign up for free baby stuff? I have signed up for coupons and stuff but would LOVE to hear more about this free stuff!

Allison- My dog LOVES to chase squirrels thats why I can't wait to see that movie! Apparently my MIL has bought neutral clothes from newborn to a year old already! It's a good thing she hasn't brought them over yet. A friend of DH's from work had twins and is supposed to bring stuff over that they are getting rid of for me to go through and then anything I don't want, I will take to work to donate to our low income families. Good job on the housecleaning! I love that DH is working on the rooms because then it gives me an excuse not to clean so much!

I've been registering for more things tonight. All my girlfriends tell me to go to the store with the "clicker" because its fun but I like being able to compare and review with the click of a button. I might go to the store for the clothes and washcloths and such. Have a great night! I have to go clean the kitchen....

I had another bad bout of constipation that lead to glycerin suppositories & manual manipulation. Urgh. Feeling nauseated at the moment & tired. This is a bad time of day for me (as is first thing in AM, mid-afternoon, LOL).

Jen, just the Goodstart, Enfamily, Similiac websites offer freebees. I think I'll hold off until week 15 or so (miscarried at 14 weeks last time). TWINS clothes?!?!?! Wish we lived closer so I could go through them.

Christine, you never told us you were a whore! LOL Internet can be a host of all sorts of bad information. The bacterial vaginosis I had earlier is actually listed as a sexually transmitted disease by World Health Organization. LOL So I guess you can add me onto the slut list. :D :D

I"m off to work tomorrow, so I won't be around. Hope everyone has a great day!

Melanie-
Thank you! Glad we can be the whores together! I hate how the internet can inform you and demoralize you in one fell swoop! You made me laugh, which I needed. I am going to be so relieved if this heals! I almost wish I had symptoms.
My goal is some weights tomorrow.
Hello to all you wonderful preggos. I will be much more fun and less of a drag after some fajitas and some sleep. In that order.
:)
C

Here is a list I give to my friends who ask what to register for... How it helps!
Here is a starter list. Babies need very little when they come out. Here are the essentials. You can find a lot of things on eBay and Craig’s List, especially strollers. Check out the book Baby Bargains, it also helps you understand what is bullshit. Get stuff as the baby grows. You do not need a highchair till at least four months. We did it that way and are so glad. Otherwise you just get overwhelmed.
Crib and Dresser, skip the changing table, you can change the baby on a changing pad on the dresser (use some of the stuff you put in your cabinet to prevent stuff from sliding around, and put it underneath)
Glider (make sure to get the ottoman too)
Changing pad (no need for one of the fancy changing tables, she can use the dresser)
Breast Pump (Medela Pump in Style, cheapest at JCPenny.com) I advise that you rent one, about 20 bucks a month vs. like 300 for it. Check out la leche league for rentals.
LOTS OF MAXI PADS!!! Seriously. The bigger the better.
Night Light, I once stabbed Jimmy in the eye with the bottle. Night light made a big difference.
Bouncy Seat or Vibrating Chair. Fisher Price makes the best ones. It will save your life. He loves to nap in it. And you can take it with you anywhere.
Car Seat/Stroller Travel system (Graco Metrolite rocks and you can find is easily)
Diapers (Costco is cheapest), although Huggies Supreme really hold the poop where it belongs.
Diaper wipes (Costco brand) or whatever is cheapest.
Any dye free and fragrance free detergent, do not waste money on Dreft
Gymini Play Mat (it is all your baby needs the first few months)
Dr. Brown’s bottles and Playtex Vent Aire System bottles (prevent colic)
Bottle Cleaning racks for the dishwasher - Munchkin brand dishwasher baskets for cleaning nipples and stuff
Any butt cream, they are all the same. They also clear up mommy pimples.
Nipple Leaking pads (only Medela and Lansinoh brand), the plastic ones will give you mastitis.
Clothes in all sizes. Jimmy was supposed to be huge and came out tiny, we had to buy a ton of stuff
- LOTS of Carters Tagless onesies in short and long sleeve (you will have many outfit changes the first month or so)
- LOTS of one size fits all sleeper sacks, great for midnight diaper changes, no snaps
- Carters gym socks, they are the only ones that do not fall off
Infant bathtub, ours is by the First Years and is great, it has a little hammock that suspends Jimmy in water
My Brest Friend Pillow, if breastfeeding
Sony Monitor (it is worth the extra 20 bucks. Our Fisher Price one blew up after one week)
Baby Bjorn Active Carrier with Lombar Support (Jimmy is in his now and it is the only reason I can type or doing anything adult and use two hands)
Swaddling blankets (these are SO important)
Cloth diapers by Gerber for burpcloths (way better than the fancy crap)
Hats (jimmy wears one whenever he sleeps and goes out in the world)
Pacifiers (we swore we would not use them and now they are crucial for meltdowns)
I highly recommend the following DVDs that she can get online at amazon used:
Happiest Baby on the Block (it works, we are just usually to tired to actually do it right)
Laugh and Learn Lamaze (skip the hospital classes, this DVD is way better and pretty funny, even though the instructor looks like she has been in a time warp since 1979. James and I loved this DVD and it allowed us privacy, flexibility, and he could drink alcohol while he learned about episiotomies)
Nature’s Way Breastfeeding DVD (if Jimmy could latch on, this would have been even better)
Books that are good:
Babywise
Happiest Baby on the Block (has more info than the DVD, worth having)
;)

Great list!

I just wanted to add about the Medela breast pumps. There are some pharmacies that will bill your insurance company for them,...and you pay a nominal copay for them. You will need to get a prescription from your doctor, but that's easy enough! Blue Cross blue shield does pay for them, some Medical, Health Partners does not. You can call your insurance company and ask if your plan covers them. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.