Pregnancy Check In Dec 07

jenmgo

Cathlete
Hi ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine went by way too quickly. ANd with DH working this weekend, i spent my evenings out shopping and do damage! It gets quiet and lonely and I got tired of sitting home alone by myself.

So, i put my little dog in her pink faux alligator purse and snuck her into every store with me. Girls weekend out! haha.

Oh, i know someone asked about shitzu's and if they are good with children (Sorry i cant remember who it was). My dog is an imperial shitzu, which is a smaller version of a shitzu, she is about 8 pounds. She is the biggest cuddle bug! She is very protective of me and will growl and bark at people and noises but is fine after a few minutes. When my husbands children were visiting (ages 3,6 and 10) she did great with them. I know all dogs are different but you shouldnt have a problem with yours, unless its an overly aggressive dog to begin with. You can start by familiarizing your dog with the baby - let her in the babys room, get her used to the crib etc. Ive even read u can carry around a doll and to let the dog smell something your newborn just wore so she is used to the scent. Im sure there are tons of ideas on this topic :) but i think your dog will get along fine with the baby if the dog is normally a happy people person type dog

I did workout every day this weekend. I needed it after the killer week i had at work. THey temporarily moved me to our central location and i have to answer the phone (its non stop) and help the public when they call. they ask me all sort of law type questions, most i have no idea bout :( Ive been off the road longer than ive been on it and florida is different fomr where i came from. its just so busy and stressful, i barely have time to hit the ladies room or eat (NOT GOOD FOR A PREGGO!!! :) ) in fact, they put all the pregnant ladies up there lately for some reason. the girl i was working with just got a doctors note for a less stressful environment. That might be me pretty soon. Im supposed to go back to my old job spot on thursday so please pray that happens! Im miserable at this new one. Plus i get off 30 minutes later than im used to, so when DH works i wont even be able to see him in passing :(

Anyhoo, friday i did an amy bento hi/lo workout followed by a body pump. i was so beat, both workouts felt hard. Saturday I did an old CIA one with Keli Roberts - Kickbutt Cardio Combat. This was ok, i think the jumprope spots made it hard. And today I did Sharon's CIA All Body ATtack - it slayed me!! But felt good.

My weight gain was steady and after this mornings workout i had lost a few pounds. However, in the evening it said i gained FIVE POUNDS! How do you gain five pounds in a day! I hope that scale is wrong :)

Did anyone take a birthing class for their first babies? My DH says its a waste of time and money. I dont know how i feel baout it. They want $60 for it! Which is kind of expensive. I guess he never did them with any of his kids with his first marriage. He did say the breastfeeding class might be worth it tho, which suprised me. Thats only $15 (i think) and its shorter.

Its Sunday nite, and im dreading tomorrow (monday...blech). I have a tough week ahead of me. Better go take the dog out, and get ready for Housewives, then its off to bed for me!

I hope you all had a great, restful and peaceful weekend. Next week at this time i'll be 7 months preggo! Where did the time go???

Jen - I'm sorry your job this week is stressful! I hope they do move you back if its less stressful in your regular job. Wow you sure are doing good on your workouts. Make sure you take a day off here and here too to recover. Was the body pump in the gym? or how'd you do that at home?
I went to a birthing class with my first. It wasn't much help. but mine was a free class with the military. I think it was required for first babies actually? but they just talked about med options, how birth works and how birth is totally normal/natural etc. I didn't walk away knowing much more than I already had. You can read up on the birth process and medications etc. I'd say if you feel you need it it'd be worth it.. or if you read up alot on this already you may not need it.
I would say for sure take the breastfeeding class... esp if this is a first baby. I think I'll do fine since its my third but if I need help I'll contact the lactation consulatant. But I'd say its totally worth it.
Congrats on hitting 7 months ;) (next week)

Well I'm doing pretty good on workouts the last few days.. well I took off this weekend cause we were at a church retreat. (that was a blast!) Before that though I did KPC then the next day a circuit w/o by Kelly Coffee-Meyer. (i never remember how to spell her last name but you know who I mean.) I am a bit frustrated though cause I'm getting a crampy feeling in my muscles after working out? It gets worse thru the night to where I am very uncomfortable. It isn't DOMS. I've had those millions of times this is different. I'm guessing its related to the deficiency. I'm kinda frustrated. I've been making a point of eating bananas and having some milk everyday. I've been eating cereal most mornings for this purpose. I also have always taken my daily prenatals. sigh. I'm going to have to wait till my next appt to ask again. DH says it may be an electrolyte imbalance (which I guess is related to the calcium/magnesium thing?). He has these packets of ORS (oral rehydration salts) whice are electrolytes you mix in water so he says to drink one of those mixed with water daily. They don't taste bad. I've actually drank them for years but just sporadically. so we'll see how that goes.

Well my U/S is this Thursday!!! I can't wait!!

Last edited:
hi jess
i hope i move back too. i am going CRAZY here with no help at all. So stressful. This cant be good for me or baby. Plus my headache has returned so its definately work related!

About bodypump, i have someone who was kind enough to send me some copies. I know only instructors are supposed to have them. I love these workouts, especially body combats (kickboxing)> the music is great and they are just fun there is no workout like them that compare.

thanks for the info on the birthing and breast feeding classes. i think i will opt for the breastfeeding class. i have been reading up on it, but i feel like its just something you have to DO. i dont know if a class will help or not. Thank you for the input.

Sorry about your aches and pains, i hope you feel better soon! I really enjoy workouts by Kelly Coffey Meyer. My favorite circuit of hers is her newest - Cardio Sculpt Fitness. The music is funky and i think its pretty fun and moves quickly.

I do get plenty of rest from workouts - dont worry! i do not workout on evenings my husband has off since i work until 530pm and have to go to bed early so i'd rather spend time with him. plus im usually tired after work too. i usaly always work out fri/sat/sun becuase those are my off days. then once or twice during the week. my DH is gettign more time off (we have to use certain hours up by dec 31) so my workouts have fallen by the way side.

my weight of 5 pounds only went down one pound overnite! I still do not understand how i could possibly gain four pounds in a day! this is just bizarre...

well, better get back to work. i'm srupised i had a minute to even write this much

hello to all to follow

and have fun at your ultrasound! will you get to determine the sex now??

man where is everyone??? helllloooooooooooooooo? lol.

Seems like its just me and you lately Jen. Hope everyones just busy Christmas shopping or something.

oooh thats so cool about body pump! I've taken the classes in the gym but never seen the dvds. I wanted to workout tonight but I have a killer tummy ache. :( I needed to go grocery shopping anyway and I spend all evening there since I shop for a week - a week 1/2 for 4 people. I ran out the door after dinner and wasn't home till after dark. oy!

Yeah I'm definetly hoping to find out the sex!! I'm so nervous they wont see or wont be sure. ha. I love knowing. I love picking out the name early and preparing the room etc. It's like you already know them when they are born cause you've called them by name for the last several months. :) I also like the girly/boyish goodies. I can't wait to buy the first outfit!! lol. I'm amazed some can wait (laura ;) ) But some love the surprize. I'm too impatient lol.

Sorry about the weight Jen. I would assume as long as your eating well/healthy and exercising its ok. Some gain more than others naturally I think. You look fab in your pics. I wouldn't worry! thats easier said that done I know. I'm thinking of buying a more accurate scale. Mine is driving me nuts. Its the kind with the needle that moves not digital. It keeps giving me a bit different answer when I step on/off. The needle gets uncalibrated and goes above or below zero. So I can guess what my weight is. Also I wonder since the drs office always has me weigh more if mine is right or not anyway.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm still here. Sorry I've been lax/sporadic in posting and responding. I'm 19 weeks, 3 days and I'm finally knowing when my baby is kicking. It's wierd. I want to feel it. I'm still in my normal clothes, but know that I'm going to "pop" very soon. My next u/s is on 30 December and I can't wait! The vaginal u/s is no longer a valid way (according to my german doctor) to ascertain the size of the baby, but I did get to see the baby move and the heartbeat last week. :D That was exciting. I spent about three hours awake in bed the other night because I kept feeling the movement of the baby--I was so excited/anxious that I didn't want to go to bed in fear that I'd miss it. Too funny--soon I'll be wishing the baby would just sleep!

I'll try to do better with getting on the threads.

Laura

Laura,
I felt occasional small bumps now and then that I *thought* was the baby. But I was thinking I was supposed to feel the fluttering stuff which I never did. About the end of 18 weeks early 19 weeks is when the baby started really moving and now I feel it several times a day. I realize that before it was the baby also just that now it is kicking harder and more frequently. I love feeling it too.. but yeah eventually its going to move so much it'll keep me up. ha. Sometimes I feel huge and sometimes I realize I'm not that huge yet. I do have a belly though. I don't think I was as tight in my belly area as I was with #1 and #2. that may have something to do with it. When I was at the retreat those that didn't know I was pregnant didn't know till I told them. I was thinking "do they just think I have a big fat gut or what?" lol. But I guess with a jacket etc they just didn't see it.

hi ladies!
yay we are keeping the check in alive. i really thought it was just me and jess for a while!
laura that is so cute about your excitement over feeling the baby. mine has been pretty active. she protests when i lie on my right side. she goes crazy in there! Im still not used to that feeling, its a strange one for me! ENjoy it, it wil just get stronger and more often the further along you get. I didnt feel my baby until about 22 weeks - which is later than the usual timetable. i think they say 18-20 weeks is normal for movement. Guess I'm abnormal!

good luck with finding out the sex jess. my little one wasnt cooperating and would not reveal herself the whole time. i begged the lady to just try one more time and finally she stopped being shy. I was Ecstatic when i found it was a girl!! Please let us know the second you find out!!

hi everyone

hi all

i'm still here too. i don't have much to report. i haven't been working out and i feel bad about that. i will be 27 weeks tomorrow and i am starting to feel pregnant.

well... thay's all i have for now.

skyy

Sky - well do the best you can. I've not done nearly as good as I wanted to so far. ugh. I just keep hoping I'll get back into a regular routine and not have any more crazy health issues to knock me off course again. I just think the more you can do the better even if you get a late start so I'm not going to kick myself too much for it. I have to say being preggo makes you just want to relax.. your body feels so different. But I know it can be done. I did pretty good with son #2.

Jen - I for sure will share the news if I find out. And email the pics all over the country to family lol! If I get some good ones I'll share here. ;)

Anyone know what I should take for a sinus infection? I have this cold that seems to want to be permanent. It got to where I felt better but was still coughing, blowing my nose etc. Then last night the left side of my face feels like someone has punched me. It hurts from my eye to my gums. I assume thats a sinus infection. sigh!! do I need to get it treated for it to go away?? what is safe? or should I just take tylenol or sudafed?

I am just checking in on you girls! I read often, but don't post.

I just wanted to say Jen I would recommend the breastfeeding class! If it's only $15 I would def. take it. I am on baby #4 and still learning stuff about bfing so it will be a big help to you to take the class. : )

Oh and Jess if it's a sinus infection you might want to go to the dr. to get an antibiotic. They are safe to have in pregnancy and it might be the only way to get rid of it if it's really an infection. That is no fun when pregnannt.

Hi ladies,
Mind if I join you? I was here last in April '08. I've been on and off here with 3 m/c behind me in the last 2 years due to a balanced translocation (genetic disorder) and low sperm count on DH part. But, I am pregnant once again. I think I remember Jen, but that's about it.

I'm only 4.5 weeks right now and being really cautious, but my betas have doubled and I go in for my first vag u/s in a few weeks to be sure everything is on track. I'm really trying to be positive and believe that I'm going to have this one, but it's still tough. I lost all of the others around 8-10 weeks along, so I have a long way to go before I feel real comfortable with things. Anyway, nice to see they still have this thread on Cathe!

Chat later,
Anne

Thanks so much Kate! How are you doing now? I can't remember, what's up with you? Oh, duh, obviously, you have a precious little one! Name, girl or boy? How old now?

Anne

hi anne! julia kate is 8 weeks now - all chubby and rolly and wonderful! thanks for asking!

and again, i am *so excited* about your news!

Welcome Anne -p&pt this time is it for you. please join right in!

Oh and DH said it is sinusitis not an infection otherwise I'd have a fever or something? so I'm just taking some tylenol tonight and hope it helps enough so I can sleep. last night it kept me up all night, that and a tummy ache and acid reflux. lol. I mean seriously this pregnancy is just one thing after another. I'm trying to be possitive though and be thankful its nothing serious I'm dealing with. He said if it gets worse or doesn't go away in a few days we'll look into doing something about it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Sky, i agree with Jess, just do what you can, when you can. I guess its good practice for when baby actually arrives and you will have to be interrupted and wont really have time to yourself to workout. I myself am wondering how to cope with that. But i dont know when the doctor will give a go ahead to start working out again . In fact I am suprised i'm still working out at pretty much the same intensnity now as i was doing pre preggo! ANd im 30 weeks today (yay! i cant believe it!).

Fitmommy, thank you for the advice. I have to make myself cal. I've just been so busy i'm forgetting. Plus i havent gotten a pediatritican yet and i think they say i should do that at least two months ahead of time. Im due in Feb so i better get going on that too!!

Jess, I dont know what to take for a sinus infection. I would definately check with your doctors office. I know a girl who had a baby in may just came down with a really bad one and they put her on amoxicycllin (sp?). She is breastfeeding so i'm assuming its safe for her and her baby. You should ask you doctor, so that you dont get worse and the sooner you get treated, the better you will feel.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I think its my last day at this new location and im very thankful. I was so STRESSED out yetserday. just constant phone call after phone call. i couldnt even eat or get a break. i was going nuts. YOu should not mess with a pregnant lady!! Especially when it comes to her food!!!! lol....

well its almost my firday......i work mon-thur so tomorrow is the last work day of the week for me. if i go back to my old spot then i just need to make it thru today. since im working 30 min longer than i did before i wont even get to see my hubby off to work today, which means i wont see him at all since he works until 0600 hours on thursday morning :( sniff..

i just wanted to post before things started going crazy.

I didnt even see the second page when i posted this morning! LOL
Congrats anne and welcome back to the forums!!

Hi everyone!

Congratulations, Anne!

Wow! I've missed out on quite a bit. Not sure where the time has gone. Took DS (age 4) to see Santa twice, went carolling, hit a Christmas party, eaten too much...ahhh...tis the season. = )

Went to the dr today and had the glucose test. Yummy orange drink...blech. Wouldn't have been terrible if it had been really cold. I was glad to hear the baby's heartbeat. Hadn't felt her move that much lately (she probably has to fight cookies and hot cocoa for room) so I was a little worried, but all is well.

I'm definitely checking in tomorrow to see how Jess's u/s went. Keeping fingers crossed for you that she/he is a total exhibitionist for the appt and lets you see. = )

Skyy, I'm with you on the not working out much lately. Something about this time of year makes me want to grab a blanket and curl up on the couch. Hey, but once our babies are born....we'll be kickin' butt. Right? = )

I'm sure I probably forgot tons of stuff. Hi Laura! Hi Jen! I'm off to watch some Christmas special with the wee one.

Tana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.