Preggo's check-in Nov. 14th

Tuvak1

Cathlete
Thought I would get a new check-in started.

I was around for a bit and thank everyone for all your kind replies. I'm now at week 14. Weeks 10-14 were sorta rough for me. I had some scares and then my main form of exercise became most unenjoyable. I normally run and it just became very uncomfortable breathing wise.

Oddly enough I have found out on a whim that while running is out doing step and hi/lo at a fairly decent intensity is completely doable.

So I hope to check in on a regular basis with all of you.

Last week
Mon -Firm sculpting tape
Tues -totally cool step
Wed -off / Teach and then Parent teacher conferences (11 hour work days 9:00 to 8:00 )
Thurs -off / Parent teacher conference all day and evening again
Fri - off - tired from previous two days.
Sat - 90 min hi/lo and step aerobics class
Sun - Firm cardio tape

Not the best week but one of my better weeks over the last month.

Hi Tuvak--it is weird the things we can and cannot do while pregnant. I am glad that you are feeling better and have found some form of exercise that works for you.

I have insomnia right now and almost everyone in the household has been down with an awful stomach virus over the last 2 days. I still feel like crap, having unpleasantly eliminated every scrap of whatever was in my system from both ends. Now my oldest son just informed me that he hurled all over his room and I just cannot deal with anymore barf right now and my husband is way to sick to be of any help.

OK whining over. Tomorrow we'll probably take the day off from school and clean and do tons of laundry.

My workout week
Mon-60 min stationary bike
Tues-Body Fusion
Wed-unplanned rest day
Thurs-rest day
Fri-MM upper + 60 min stationary bike
Sat-Low Max, intervals 1-6
Sun-Power Max

I'm at 2 week appointments with my ob, so the end is in sight--hurray.

I look forward to hearing from everyone else.

Maggie:)
32 weeks down, 8 to go

Hi all,
Tuvak, I found the firms great during my first pregnancy. I am now at week 12.
Maggie, you are so close.
Mel, where are you did you have your baby?

I will post my workouts later. I am feeling a little better and today hit the 12 week mark. Despite exercising almost daily I am up 6 pounds. All tummy weight and I already look pregnant.

due 5/30/06 with #2.

Here are my workouts:
sun-step-n-stones 2 plus camp cardio and upper body(gay gasper0
mon-rythmic step
tues-power hour
wed-tlp-core cardio +firm adv. cardio blast
thurs-off-traveled to NY
Fri-slim in 6-ramp it up
sat-sharon mann-circuit workout-1st half+tae bo ultimate bootcamp

Hey guys!
I'd love to join the check-in, if you don't mind! I'm still in the early stages, but quite nervous to work out. I think checking in will be the push I need -
I plan on starting with Cathe's new beginner/intermediate workouts that I just ordered, just to get me back in the swing of things!
This morning I just went on a walk with my hubby! So the plan for me will be to start tomorrow! The motivation you all have will encourage me!
Thanks!

I'm here. I didn't do any workouts last week b/c I worked a lot of extra hours. I felt really good, no back aches. I did take my sleeping pill just about everyday to keep me on track.

Welcome ruppie & Tuvak1 . Tuvak1, I was/enjoy to run/jog too. I had to give it up quite early b/c I didn't have the lung capacity. I find step aerobics the most comparable to running.

Maggie, I can't believe your at 2week check ups already. I've been off sync this time. Even though technically I should be going weekly, I've been going every 2-3 weeks. Starting tomorrow I will be going weekly though. TWO MORE WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!! Yahoo. This lady at work became a grandma last week (her daughter was due a day AFTER me). Does this irritate anyone else, or just me? I thought 1st babies were suppose to be LATE, it seems like everyone is going 3 weeks early. I know I should be happy for them, buy I'm green with envy!!!

Shopaholic, thanks for asking about me. Has your tummy began to feel better? Maybe you have a boy brewing in you causing all this tummy-ache. Did you have it with Alexis too?

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid that I had to retire my workout DVDs for the remainder of this pg--my sciatica (I think that's what is it) KILLS me after exercising. I tried a couple of workouts last week (SJP step and weights circuit one day and a 2.5 mile walk on the TM the other), and I paid dearly with lower back pain. Oh well, close enough now I guess, although I had really hoped to be one of those people who could say "I did Cathe up until the day I delivered!"

Every twinge and ache makes me think, is this it? But no real signs yet. I would be so darn happy to go a few days early. Like you, Melanie, I'm envious of the early birds. This weekend would be ideal. I am getting really antsy and would kill for a beer to settle my nerves. I have plenty I could be doing, but I'm just so restless. The full moon comes early this morning. I know it's a myth, but a girl can hope...

I know am gonna wish for this boredom in a few weeks, so I better enjoy it while it lasts.

Monica

Ruppie -
Welcome to our check-in. I understand about being nervous to exercise. It took DH and I over 5 years to get pregnant and when it happened magically by itself i was very nervous to workout. I really had to work back up to it. I say don't push yourself to be were you were.
I did some pretty easy and low impact stuff to get back in the habit and feel okay. Now that I'm in my 2nd trimester I am back to doing hi/lo and step at close to my previous level. although running is out so to lack of lung capacity.

Sorry for the long post - Hope it helps.

Hi all!

Haven't checked in for a week or so. Lots going on, workouts have been hit or miss. DH has been traveling, trying to get a clear week or so for when the baby comes and I've been swamped with work and studying, plus single parenting while he's gone.

I almost hate to post this in light of the above posts (sorry Monica and Melanie!!!) but here it is: I had my LAST appt today!!! We set an induction appointment for 1 A.M. Monday morning, so I won't see my doctor again until I'm delivering. The full moon thing isn't just a myth, Monica :) :) The whole staff at the dr's office today were talking about it and they warned me to stay off my feet through tomorrow if I wanted to make it to Monday! ;-) I've been dilating and effacing steadily over the past few appts, so it could happen sooner. I think all the squats, lunges and plies I've been doing (on purpose!!) have helped things along.

We have lots to do - figured we had a few more weeks so we hadn't really been worried about getting it all done...well, until today! I'm signed out of work as of Thursday, so will have two weekdays, the weekend and that's it. Gotta make a list and prioritize, I guess. :)

Maggie - so sorry to hear about the virus! We've had a touch of the lower intestinal variety sweeping though our household, but nothing as bad as what you've been dealing with! Get some rest and hang in there...

Talk to you ladies later - have a great week!

KC

Maggie, hope you feel better soon.
Rupie, welcome!
I hope all you very preggo ladies have those babies soon.
Melanie, I do question if this one is a boy as I have felt worse this time around. Although, I am secretly holding onto my wish of another girl to wear all of Alexis' old clothes(and boy are there alot).

GraceNote, we'll try not to throw tomatoes at you. LOL. That's awesome. I'm so excited for you!!!! Keep us posted, as I will be praying for you. My CSection is scheduled for the 28th...so there's peace in knowing I won't go over!!!

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hi Everyone!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!!

This morning I did basic step! Definitely way lower intensity then I used to do - but it felt like a lot to me since I haven't done anything much since I found out I was preggo! I feel good though - a step in the right direction!! I like the idea of doing 30 min workouts for a while.

Wow, so many of you are getting so close to the big day!!! Monica, you sound like you've done an amazing job up until this point!! If you need a few last days of taking it easy, it's doesn't make less of all your hard work up until now!!! Don't do anything that hurts you!

Tuvak, that's for the encouragement!! I don't think I have a problem with keeping it easy until I get to that 2nd trimester! I can't wait to be there!! But as long as I'm doing something, I feel better!!

:)

Welcome ruppie!

You ladies are all so active. I am jealous! This week I had to take it down a notch because of a horrible cold. Working out just couldn't happen when I couldn't breathe or sleep. I did get in a few workouts though. Some of you are so close and still at it!! Amazing!

Monday - 30 minute stairclimber, 30 minute treadmill, 45 minutes upper body.
Tuesday - 30 minute treadmill, 45 minutes lower body.
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 45 minute cycling class
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest
Sunday - 35 minute jog.

Monica - you don't have long left! I think that take a little time to rest before the baby comes is a good thing! You have worked so hard the whole pregnancy and deserve it!! hope that siatica isn't too horrible!! Is it only bad when you are active or is it all the time?

hey everyone. just thought i'd check in as well. it has been a rougher last 10 days, i guess b/c i am now 8 wks along. i am so excited for all you who are so very close. hard to believe/hope that will be me! my body already feels different - larger bust size, and a strange layer of fat on my belly not there before. of course, cookies seem to kill my nausea best, so that may be it. i really need to get better about the junk. but i have been exercising-
sunday - run 7 miles
monday run 6 miles, 30 minutes strenght
tuesday run 6 miles
wednesday run 7 miles; 40 minutes strength
thursday run6 miles 20 minutes pilates
friday eliptical 60 minutes
saturday - low max, 25 minutes strength

i got muscle endurance and tried it today - great motivation for sure. unfortunately, i think i need a larger size pants already, and this is my first - that darn waist band.

good job all of you. and good luck with all you almost there's. i hope that is me soon.

Monica - Sorry about your Sciatica - You are so close to the end. It is impressive you were able to exercise as much as you did for as long.

Morris - I'm impressed with all the running you are still getting in. I was able to run up unitl week 10 and then it was as if I lost all long capacity. It's all okay though cause it is crazy cold and dark around here. Not my favorite time of year to run outside.

I feel you pain about clothes - My pants are still fitting me just fine - I have a small waist and have to wear a belt with all my pants so I have extra waist room. I really don't need to wear a belt anymore and last week tucking in a shirt was not an option anymore.

Shopaholic--6 lbs in the first trimester is really not that bad. Now that you are feeling better, your weight gain will probably normalize. You did really well with Alexis, so this one will probably be similar.

Ruppie--Welcome--is this your first baby? I can't remember if you mentioned that. At 32 weeks, Body fusion, which I normally think of as a really easy workout, is feeling quite intense--I can't believe how winded I get.

Melani--I'm green with envy over the early birds too. I've NEVER been early, so I'm not counting on it this time either. I know that my doc will induce a week early, but I'm not sure if I want to do that or not.
You are awfully close, early or no.

Monica--sorry about your lower back pain. Last baby, I had to stop working out at 38 or 39 weeks. I just could not continue. Even so, everything came back pretty quickly post partum. Hang in there it won't be long. You are really close--8 days!!

Gracenote--so you are about to leave us. I hope you are not planning on hosting Thanksgiving or anything:7 :7. Yes, we are feeling better, but I have been so wiped out this week that I have not worked out at all since Sunday before I got sick. I've felt too weak. I'll rest until Friday. My back appreciates the break. I can't wait to hear your labor story.

Annette--if that is taking it down a notch, you are truly amazing!! Great workouts.

Morris--those darn first trimester cravings. My ob says that the first trimester is just survival mode. Eat what you can. I tend to crave the most unhealthy food possible and tend to gain more during the first trimester than the other 2. Your diet will improve when you don't feel so sick.

Adrienne--where are you? I hope all is well.

Maggie:)

Maggie, I am thinking this time around my uterus just popped out which accounts for a higher weight gain. I also think my boobs are up a size(Ok that would mean a b instead of a but its still growth,lol).
Glad you are hanging in there.
Morris, At 12 weeks I am close to wearing maternity clothes. Given how hard you are exercising, your weight gain is probably what your body needs.
Gracenote, you are so close.
Mel, I can't believe how close you are.

Hello everyone again!!!!

I didn't do anything this morning, but think I will try body fusion after work today...
You guys sound like you'll all doing great! Annette, I agree with Maggie, that sure sounds active to me!! Morris, I'm impressed with the amount of running you are still able to do!!!

Maggie - this is my first pregnancy (seems even strange for me to 'say' that still!), so I don't really know what I'm doing!
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.