Preggo Checkin June 28

Susank41

Cathlete
Hey Ladies,
Just getting us started for the week. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Yesterday we headed to the big city to do some shopping and went to see "UP". I also did a 40 min workout on my new ellip. Love it!

Dh asked for a Reeses cake..so here is what I made him this morning. And here is my 24.5 week belly pic.

Not much going on today. Just hanging out and swimming.

Hi to everyone!

Attachments

• cake1.jpg
    cake1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
  • cake2.jpg
    cake2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 24.5 weeks.jpg
    24.5 weeks.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for getting us started, Susan! You're really ambitious this AM,...getting alot done. Good job! Can you send me over just a portion of your energy?

My symptoms seem to be more of an add-on nowadays. :( I continue to have dry-heaves....so deeply that I now urinate when I vomit. :mad::mad: I"m praying that this is a temporary thing & doesn't continue after the birth of the twins. I"m afraid I'm going to have to get some Poise or something,...b/c I never know when I"m going to vomit & I don't want to be at work or something. I don't urinate when I sneeze or cough,...so I"m hoping that's a positive sign.

I'm extremely emotional and hormonal lately. I'm dealing with some personal stuff that is making me more irritable than my normal pregnant-irritable self. :eek::eek: What I want to do is find some steep steep steep hills and run on them until I can no longer move, then collapse to a deep deep sleep,....and then wake up refreshed. :D :D

Well, I"m off to wallow in some pizza.

Waves to all my favorite fellow preggos!

Melanie - I remember doing that also while preggos and everything is a-okay now. I did have to make it a point to do kegels though and that really helped.

Lisa

Hey ladies! Susan- Can you send me one of those cakes for my birthday?? I LOVE Reese's! You still look like you are all belly!

Melanie- Sorry to hear about the dry heaves! I was hoping your symptoms were tapering off....Hormones are worse when you have stress to go along with it, or vise versa. ((HUGS))

Well I finished my registry today with mom and MIL in tow. It was exhausting (3 hours at BRU) but it is done. Now I just need to order the crib but DH needs to measure the room first. Our bedroom is almost complete. We should be able to move back in it by Thursday or so. Then I can put my house back together. Whew! So I can tell next weekend will already be busy.

Hi to all the other gals! Hope to catch up with everyone soon!

Good morning, Melanie, Susan, Jen, and everyone,

Melanie, sorry about the emotional lows and other issues. I would agree that you can practice Kegels for a lot if these types of issues. I know I have!

If you are a Babies R Us person, they're having a big sale. Here's the Web site: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255957. I tried uploading the coupons but that didn't quote work. I went there this weekend and got a mattress for the crib, which I finally got together. Yippee. I also keep tweaking my baby registry and reconsidering what I really need versus what is really cute and I just want.

Have a great day everyone!

Dawn

P.S. I read that my baby at 27 weeks is 2 lbs this week--the size of a cauliflower head. My husband thinks it's funny to joke how much of that 2 lbs is chocolate as I can't seem to get enough of it. Those are the days when I just want to punch him out!

Good AM ladies. The weather has been icky her last couple days. We're in the low 50s right now,...and doesn't look like we're going to pull out of the mid-70s all week. I was really looking forward to some beach time,...my maternity suit came in the mail. *sigh* Hopefully next week is more sunny.

You guys make me tired with all your shopping talk. We do most of our shopping online. I've been making a mental list of things that I'd like for our bambinos,...but I haven't purchased a thing yet. We're going to start off with one crib, I"m debating about a co-sleeper (or just to use the pack-n-play) for our room. We have oodles of boy clothes, so if my instinct is right we won't need any more clothes. Two bouncy seats, two infant car seats, some nursing supplies (and diapers/wipes),...and that's about it.

My bday is in July, I'm considering a short trip "back home" to visit my mom and the rest of the family (my sister in law was just diagnosed with a few months left to live). The plane tickets are reasonably prices right now, and I haven't seen her in a few years. Just an thought, nothing concrete yet.

Susan, is that cake all gone? Dawn, I still can't eat chocolate. :( Jen, sounds like everything is falling into place are your house. Please post some more pics!!

Waves to all! I best get to my domestic chores. :D

Edited to say: I still want to run some steep hills! This lack of endorphin release is really affected my moods. DH won't let me exercise (doesn't mind that I do housework though), and won't take me boating until I have "explicit okay from doctor". My next appt is in a couple weeks....

Last edited:
Morning!
Melanie-so sorry about you sil..how awful! I will keep your family in my thoughts!
No, the cake is not all gone...in fact it's NOT GOOD AT ALL!!! I should of made my own cake recipe, but I tried a new one. It sounded so good..had butter, buttermilk etc and it was soooo dry we could not eat it!!! The icing was good, but we tossed it. I was really looking forward to a good cake. Oh well! I will say I wish we were having your weather right now. OUrs is humid and HOT...good beach/pool weather...but I would rather just go for a nice cool walk outside! Hopefully you can workout/go boating soon! What day is your birthday???

Jen-glad you got all your registry done! We have gotten all our big stuff. Picked up the crib yesterday. The pack and play should be here on Friday. All I need now is clothes a a few odd and ins.

Dawn-I hear ya on the chocolate!! dh's think they are sooo funny sometimes..dont they!!

I didnt workout yesterday and today I did MM, again! I like that workout due to not alot of floor work to modify, and no deadlifts. I am craving barley soup so we are headed to the store and run a few errands. bbl

Hey ladies! Here is a pic of me from today at 21 weeks:
Misc014-1.jpg

I'm beat so I'll probably check in tomorrow....

Jen! I LOVE it! You look so cute. I think I'm measuring about 21 weeks already....about the same size as you. :D When I'm bold,...I'll post another pic. Thanks so much for sharing. :) Now go rest!!!!

Jen, you look really cute. You're already past the half way mark! Way to go!

Susan, WOW what a difference from the last pics you posted. You're all baby. Too cute!

Dawn, thank you for the link. I am waiting for my parents to come over so we can get the stuffs we need.

Melanie, it's been hot here in Tx, too bad we don't have a beach nearby

Well, I haven't been posting lately beacuse I had the worse headache for the past 2 days. It wasn't getting any better. My coworker told me to take Tylenol Sinus that finally relieved it. I'm patiently waiting until next week to go see my Dr and schedule the next sonogram to fing out my baby's gender. By then, my parents will be here. I'm excited

Off to bed

Hi
Jen-you look great!!!! Its so cool to see everyone changing.
Pricilla-glad you headache is better. You have really had a hard time this pregnancy..I feel for ya girl!
Melanie-hope you had a nice day!

Haley and I had a busy day. Watching a little tv now..then to bed.

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been posting at all, but I am still here and reading all of your posts. I just have been nauseous the whole time and I can't be long on the computer before it starts up or gets worse. I am not throwing up, just nauseous all the time. Ugh!!! :(

I am 9 weeks today and can't wait for at least a couple more weeks to pass so it finally starts to get better.

I actually did 2 workouts last week, which was the most I have done in the last 2 weeks and it felt really good and I hope that I will get a couple more in this week as well. So my plan in continuing STS until my 2nd trimester didn't quite work out :p, did it?

Ok, about time to turn off the computer and go to sleep before I get nauseous again.

I'll try to be back soon
Kristine :)

Morning
Butt pain back big time last night grrrrr...didn't get much sleep. Haley woke up at 3 after a bad dream too. I will need a power nap today for sure!

Kristine-good to see you. You should start feeling better real soon. I remember I thought the yuck feeling would never go away, then I woke up one day and felt so much better! Hang in there!

No big plans today for us. A friend of dh's is coming for dinner and then going to help move some furniture. My beloved workout room is turning into the nursery and I will be working out in the spare bedroom. I won't have as much room, but I will make due.

Humidity is down today and there is actually a cool 75 degree breeze this morning. The high is still in the mid 90's though.

HOpe everyone slept well. Going to try and get some energy. bbl

Jen! I LOVE it! You look so cute. I think I'm measuring about 21 weeks already....about the same size as you. :D When I'm bold,...I'll post another pic. Thanks so much for sharing. :) Now go rest!!!!

Awww...thanks Mel! You are measuring 21 weeks??!! Wow! Those little ones are growing!

Kristine- Glad to hear from you! I remember that yuck/nauseous feeling too! Like Susan said, one day it won't be there and you will be worried but then feel relived cause you can eat again. :) Hang in there! The second trimester brings a whole new set of trials and tribulations! Way to go on the workouts! I've pretty much given up at this point.... I know I will work HARD after little James is born.

Susan- Sorry to hear about the pain/lack of sleep. You are lucky you get to take naps druing the day. I don't think my boss would go for it here.

Priscilla- I have weird sinus headaches when I wake up in the morning. Tylenol sinus huh? Maybe I will have to see about that. I have another dr's appt next Monday so I will check with my dr. Sorry to hear about the pain though...headaches stink.

Waves to all the other (lurking) preggos! We miss you guys!

Hi Kristine, thanks for stopping by. :) I"m glad everything is going well; it's always comforting to me to have nausea/vomiting b/c it = healthy baby. :D :D

Just a couple minutes to lurk & say hello......... I"m off to work. I have tomorrow off.....

Where did this energy come from?

OK. Something is backwards here. In my first trimester, when I used to be a two-workouts-a-day fitness queen, I could do nothing but sleep, feel nautious, and cry (OK so my hormones were way out of whack and I was ready to divorce my DH over the smallest things! I used to call and complain to my mom over the phone almost weekly about him. She would laugh and say you're pregnant. Things will get better.). Excercise that once brightened my day was a horrible thought to me. I felt my time would be so wasted using a lowered step and lifting light weights. Why even bother? Every morning on my drive to work, I would stop for muffins and doughnuts and scones--foods I hadn't ever really craved before. Salads became gross for me, and only a giant burrito from Chipoltles would really fill me up. And I didn't even want to talk about doing any actual cooking. The smell of the marinara sauce I tirelessly made and canned the previous summer from fresh tomatoes and basil made me want to wretch . . .

Fast forward to week 27, just about my third trimester and first baby . . . Yesterday and the day before, I exercised not once but twice. I've started strength training again--not at STS weights (I'm still saving those for after the baby) but using 5 and 8 lb weights and I feel like I'm maintaining my muscle tone somewhat. I've recently completed Cardio and Weights using just the platform and loved it! I modified any bouncy movements but found myself dancing away. I also completed Step Heat and Step Blast (again modifying to low impact). This weekend I was an energy machine--I put the crib together, interviewed day care centers, cleaned the house, did some cooking. I actually wondered was I really still pregnant with all of this energy--baby kicks a lot now so that was confirmed.

I know every pregnancy is different, but it's amazing to me how much better I feel along the way. In the first trimester, I thought I will never have a second child as this pregnancy thing stinks! Luckily I found support on this forum and from other mothers. Now if I can just keep this upbeat attitude into the last three months . . .

Have a great day everyone!

Dawn

Last edited:
Dawn,

I'm sooooo glad you took the time to post your message. It makes me feel so much better, even though my morning sickness has virtually disappeared, I just don't feel like working out at all, never thought I'd feel that way, because I absolutely love working out. I'm 17 weeks now and I'm always hungry. It's ridiculous. I'm really looking forward to working out again with the same energy and willingness that I used to. Thanks again

Kristine, Melanie just said it right. All the morning sickness means positive things. I hope it goes away soon!!

Jen, Tylenol sinus was in the approved medication list that my Dr gave me, but you may want to double check with yours. My headache is gone finally.

Hello to my preggo friends
Check back later

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.