Preggo belly check in 8/16-8/22

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Sept. 25 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (twins!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck - Dec 26
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

I hope I added this right! Good morning all the wonderful preggos! Hopefully the absence of everyone means you guys are having a great weekend!

I went shopping yesterday for James and bought him a monkey for his room and some cute outfits for when he is older that were like 2 and 3 dollars. I started looking online at decorations and we decided we want to use the wood letters and put his name above his crib with a cute wooden monkey maybe at the end. We have a neighbor that does woodworking that DH is going to show her the pics I have found and see if she will duplicate it for us. His bedding is Papagayo but I love monkeys so there may be more monkeys than anything!

Did another old Taebo workout yesterday which was fun. Probably will do yoga tonight cause my hips and lower abs are sore from all the lifting of knees and kicks.

Morning!
Jen-thanks for getting us started!
James' room sounds too cute! You'll have to post pictures. I used to do Tae Bo before getting pregnant with Haley. Tae bo is the only thing my dr then told me not to do. I guess it was all the jerking around. My dr now just says keep doing what Im doing. I used to run when preg with Haley..and I don't see much difference.!?

Had fun visiting new baby Luke yesterday. He was born on Tuesday..sooooo cute. Haley of course held him the entire time and was in awwee. She is even more excited for Kara to get here.
We are headed out to grocery shop for school lunches and the basics and will just hang out the house today and swim etc.
Slept ok last night...been better, been worse. Darn butt pain! Tyelnol really doesnt do much for it..and last night Kara was doing gymnastics for a few hours. Sometimes I wonder if shes too active?? Maybe it was the Jen cake (very good by the way) and ice cream I had last night before bed!
I go to the dr tomorrow and I know I have gianed probably 5 pounds..I havent weighed but I feel it! Probably no workout today. Yesterday I did the least annoying Leslie Sansome...grrrrrrrrrrrrr...at least I moved...right???
Everyone have a great day!

Susan- I don't see the difference of running and Taebo. I definitely don't do all the jumping around but the band work I did yesterday for the hips hopefully helps! Glad to hear you liked the cake. DH was sad because we finished the last piece last night. ;)

I bought the bedding for James's room today! I didn't even plan on it but I was browsing JCPenney's baby section and they had the four piece set on sale for $109. I will take pics and post when I can. I need to post another belly shot too.

Hello!

Hello everyone! I did Progressive Yoga for Pregnancy this am. I'm not a big fun of yoga & don't have too much selection but I like this one. This week will be Gym style series exercise, I'll do Chest & triceps tomorrow.
I'm almost 22 weeks & gained 12 lbs so far. My OB told me 20-25 lbs the ideal weight gain for me, so seems like I'm on the right track.
Mel - my real name is Raciela.

HI!
Hope eveyrone has had a nice weekend. We hung out in the pool most of the day..it really makes my body feel so much better! My belly muscles are really aching today..Kara must be haivng a growth spurt..I sure do look like it! I will post a belly pic tomorrow.

Jen-have you ever tried the cake frozen?? Dh asked me to freeze some and oh its really good that way too!! Cant wait to see pics of James' room! I went all out with Haley's room..but this time around not so much. I have gotten bedding and all but since we are selling in the spring I didnt want to decorate too much. Shhhh don't tell Kara!

HI Raciela-your doing great with you weight gain! I weigh in tomorow and I must say Im a little scared of what it will say!

Hi to eveyrone else. Im off to drink my chocolate milk and hit the hay!

Morning!
Where are all you preggos???
I slept pretty good last night and feeling perky today..well at least so far. I go to the dr at 2 and Haley has cheer and thats about all our excitment. School starts Wednesday for both Haley and me so I have to get my brain into study mode again. These are my last 2 classes before DH school. I have saved the worst for last...Art History and Sociology! If it were Chemistry or Micro I would be excited..I love that stuff.......art and scoi just bore me to tears!!!!! and taking them online I will have to be sure to MAKE myself study. So far I have a 4.0 and want to keep it!

I did not workout yesterday and today I am doing weights of some kind...maybe LIC...not sure.

Happy Monday to everyone! bbl

Morning everyone.

It's week 34. Woo-hoo! (I of course want my daughter to be born healthy and cuddly, but I'm sick of being pregnant!). Got that out. :)

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there. Tylenol and pools are very good themes. I feel pretty good, but I'm here at work and have logged about nine trips to the restroom in the last 2 hours! I am drinking water, but I actually feel my bladder being poked. Good thing the restroom is close!

Some of the neighborhood ladies came to see the nursery yesterday. It was most fun showing off all the cute little girl clothes (Melanie, wait til you get into that :) ). I got lots of advice on making sure I had plenty of infant gowns instead of clothes with snaps, as infants will keep their knees bent and the snaps may be a pain. And also to make sure I had some onesies with mittons as infants often have long nails. So much to think about! My big goal this week is to firm up day care. I know I have some time, but I want to enjoy my maternity leave without worrying about day care. Around here, spots book fast anyway.

This weekend, I got in a couple of 30-minute low-impact aerobic video (Tamilee Webb and someone else but I just can't remember!). I'm at a point now where I want to save my Cathe workouts. I have to modify so much that my favorate workout videos are just not that much fun anymore. I decided to save the majority of my Cathe workouts for when I can really exercise again (it sounds silly but I can't wait to jump and touch my feet; could I actually be looking forward to doing plyos again??).

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dawn

Morning ladies! Didn't sleep so good, just kept waking up and had very busy dreams. Oh well....third trimester started today so I guess so does the lack of sleep!

Susan- No we ate it too fast to try it frozen. Darn it, now I am going to have to make it again and freeze it! ;) I didn't like sociology and art history much when I had to take it in college. Way to go on the 4.0!

Dawn- I also got the advice about the gowns for newborn and the mittens. I hope to get some of those at my baby showers. Spots in daycare fill up fast here too and I agree about not wanting to worry it while on maternity leave.

Hi Raciela and all the other preggos!

I ended up doing an old Firm again.

Jen-We ate our cake fast too...dh froze a piece at lunch and ate it at 4! Instead of making one large one I made 2 smaller ones and dh took one to work. They loved it! Sorry about the lack of sleep. Hang in there. You will have some good nights, promise! I average about 2 good nights a week. When I say good that is 6 or so broken up hours. I have never been the best sleeper anyway..so Im happy with that.

Dawn-glad you had a nice weekend. You're in the home stretch now!!! I know the feeling of the bladder tap dance!!!

Melanie-you ok girl??

Hi gals. Just a quick "hi". Our grandma Inez passed away Thursday night....so we just got back from her funeral (and another road trip). Our internet was down Saturday/Sunday AM so I wasn't able to update personals before leaving. All is good (Grandma was 96 years old & lived a full & complete life)...and my internet is working again. :D

BBL to read all your personals. :)

Hey Mel! Hugs to you and your family! Glad grandma led a good life! Glad to see you back safely! How's them baby girls???

No workout tonight because I am having some bad pelvic/va ja ja pain which bothers my leg. Not sure what it is but thinking its got something to do with stretching ligaments and my pelvic bone. Took a warm bath and lightly stretched but it hurts to walk or stand too long. Anyhoo, my treat tonight was a large strawberry shortcake from Bruster's (our local ice cream place) which was AWESOME! Glucose test is on Wed AM so I really need to lay off the sugar and garbage.

Where are all our preggos? Everyone just busy?? Miss ya'll!

Melanie-so glad you are ok. Sorry about your grandma! Thats never easy!

Jen-I have had the va ja ja pain at times too. I guess its all that stretching!! straw shortcake sounds soooo good!

My appt went fine today. When the nurse asked if the baby moved alot I said oh yeah..at the very second Kara about kicked the hb thingie that the nurse was holding off of my belly..was funny.
I go back in 2 weeks and he'll start "checking" me every time...fun!! I weights just under 135 so 16 pounds I think so far. I did just have ice cream and oreos...:eek:

Jen hope you sleep better tonight!
Nite Nite

Hey, all!!

Susan, Oreos and ice cream -- sounds good to me. Good luck with the first day of classes. What degree are you pursuing?

Jen, I love monkeys too. The amount of cute monkey items is overwhelming -- BRU has a cute monkey sheet too, by Mod Pod, I think :) Glad you were able to get your bedding. Exciting!

Dawn, you're almost to the finish line. Isn't it a great feeling?! I started Week 35 yesterday. Yikes!

Melanie, I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like Grandma Inez had a wonderful, long life. May we all be so lucky.

I painted my toes tonight. That's really difficult to do at 35 weeks! It literally took my breath away!!

My mom had a "There's a new baby coming" luncheon for me yesterday -- not a shower, just some close friends of hers and mine. But people brought gifts. At my mother's suggestion, most brought diapers. Yay!! I can put that expense off for a few months now LOL

Morning preggos!
Hope everyone slept good last night! I slept ok..woke up a few times with calf cramps..first time for that! But all in all I got some sleep.

Today is our last day of summer vacation and we start to get busy with school and activities. Gymnastics starts today, we have cheer 2 times a week for practice then games on Saturday's. Luckily cheer is just for 2 months. You would think it was for a year all the stuff I have had to fork out money for...geeez! Oh well, Haley is having fun. She has to ride in the Founders Day parade on Saturday....our calender is filling up fast.

Allison-35 weeks!! You are alomst there girl! Im going to dental hygeine school next August and Im taking my last 2 pre-reqs online this semester. Dh offered to do it for me..I may have to take him up on it...its just too hard these days. Your luncheoun sounds so nice! Yayy for the diapers!

Jen-I will send you some low blood sugar vibes on Wed morning! My good friend goes today for her 3 hour test..she has been dreading it!

Today will be cardio of some sort. Cardio is my least fav right now. I get so winded, but I will do something.

Good morning to all!!!

Good morning! Slept much better last night. Va ja ja pain seems to be minimizing. I want to workout tonight after work but wondering if I should rest it one more day.....

Susan- You are doing great with weight gain! I am up to 25lbs already! Whew! But like everyone has said, I can stand to gain it I guess. As long as I can lose it! :) Wow, life sounds busy in your house!

Allison- The Mod Pod bedding is the one we like originally and then we found the Papagayo and I fell in love with the sage and yellow colors in it. I don't want to go too crazy with monkeys because there are other animals in the bedding but oh well. I've already nicknamed James "monkey" so he's stuck. ;) How in the world did you paint your toes? I have such trouble even putting my running shoes on and tying them!

Waves to everyone!

Jen-I weighed 10lbs more starting off this time...so I think my body senses that and its only putting on what I need...hopefully! I am actually about where I was with Haley. I think I got up to right at 140 with her. We'll see. I really need to watch the sweet treats though. I have gotten carried away!!
You'll lose the weight...don't worry about that.

Hi Ladies,

Well, I'm in my 24th week this week and feeling good. I do have aches and from time to time I feel like I can't breathe well, but just enjoying every moment of it.
I'll have my next app. next Monday and I'm dreading the scale!!!

My DH got a call from his sister yesterday, who is planning to bring the whole family over for Christmas (think 6 adults and 3 kids). He told them already that they would have to find a hotel because we only have a 2/2 apartment and my parents are coming too. I just think that my baby may be just 1-2 weeks old and I'm not sure if that's the right time for everybody to show up, specially when I will be recovering from hopefully a natural delivery but still... Oh well...

Melanie, I'm sending a lot of HUGS your way!!

Jen, my dr. mentioned that she will order the Glucose test next time, so mine it's coming up too. I'll be alright for you tomorrow. Glad you slep better last night.

Allison, you're almost full term!!! I'ts gonna be sooo exciting the next couple of months with all the preggers popping up.

Raciela, I think you're doing great on the weight gain. Good job

Susan, I'm excited for you. Dental Hygiene is a great program and it has a lot of demand. I don't know about the state that you live in but I know that their function have expanded and in few states they can administer local anesthetic. I wish I had one in my office but I don't think the company I work for wouldl hire one anytime soon.

Dawn, finding a good daycare could be a nightmare. I think that we might need one for just 2 days of the week. DH will be studying at nights so he can take care of the baby while I work during tha day.

Busy day today at work, I'll check back later

Hey
How has everyone's day been? I have been having brx hx all day so I have been just taking it easy. I started a walking workout this morning and stopped after 2 miles becasue my belly was just so hard and uncomfortalbe. I remember having brx hx major with Haley..so I guess its just me.

Pricilla-good to see you! I will have to find out about being able to administer anethesia..that would be great! I plan on taking 2 boards so I can practice just about anywhere in the south where we live. We live in Ark but I am going to school in Miss and hopefully will move back to MIss for good...but just in case I want to be able to work in Ark too...and they are different exams. Both board would cover most of the sotheren states..so I'll be in good shape.

Off to figure out whats for dinner.

Susan, that's great, my brother took a board that actually let him get license in about 10 southern states, he only got the one in GA but he's elegible in 10 other states. It's good to be licensed in more than 1 state, the only thing that sucks is the renewal process. I'm licensed in Fl and TX, even though I haven't practice in Fl for 3 years, I still keep it active but renewal fees can be expensive and you have to presents CE courses that may be different from state to state. That being said, I think 2 states is the most I'll ever do. I was checking the other day the Fl board and to inactive my license is $755 which I thought was a one time fee but I was wrong I still have to pay $455 every 2 years to keep it inactive and if I want to reactivate is over 1 grant!!

BTW, when are you relocating to MISS??

I will move back to Miss next summer. Dh is staying here as far as we know now. He will come visit every weekend. It will be tough, but I have worked too hard not to finish. There is a school here in Ark but it is 4 hours away..and I would rather be in Miss..my home anyway. My mom will be retiring and moving with me to help with the kiddos. Dh and i have never been apart really....so it will be hard. He has a good job now but Im still going to start looking for him a job closer. He wants to move back to Miss also. Its just home for us.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.