PP Week of 2/1/09

dlandkk808

Cathlete
hello all! just wanted to start us off! i ate horribly yesterday at my sister's baby shower. start of a new day and week so off to eat my oatmeal and then an uphill walk with pomai in the stroller then weights later this afternoon. bbl after i have 2 free hands for personals.

Lisa

1-handed post here too!

lisa, showers.....all the yummy food! and if you host it you get all the leftovers!:eek: youre such a good sister to do that while you have such a young one yourself.
howre your buns feeling after that walk?:D

i did mm pp last night. i had so much to do and needed agood quickie.
i did 20 min hiit on the vc today. will do abs later.

julias naps are usually 40 min. she had a 1 hour nap today!! i am so excited! i wuld love if kept it up!

Hi ladies!

Yesterday I made a real rest day...no yoga or pilates. It was wonderful. My husband and I just laid around playing with Zoey and then had a couple friends over (who brought food) to watch the Super Bowl. Good day.

Today I did HSTA. Totally kicked my butt! I will have to double the already outrageous amount of water I drink daily to try to prevent serious soreness tomorrow! I feel so alive right now though...it's great.

Lisa, just reading your post made me want cake. I will not indulge though. :( I hope you have fun on your walk. I wanted to take Zoey out today but now it's raining. Oh well.

Kate, so happy for the 1 hour nap. Zoey is still so little that she naps for longer periods...today she slept 1.5 hours so I got the workout in and the shower in one stretch.

Hope everyone else has a great day and workouts too.

Becky

Kate - I feel like it's starting to get easier pushing the stroller up the hill, but I know Pomai is constantly gaining weight so it'll keep me challenged for awhile. I hope my buns shrink from it!! Is mm Muscle Max? What is pp? I'm still jealous of your vc!! :p

Becky - You're so dedicated!! That's probably why you're an md! I totally vegged around after I gave birth and didn't workout much except short walks. Okay so what is HSTA? My sleepless brain is failing to connect all these acronyms with the right work outs.:confused:

I might pull out my GS CT to do later this afternoon. I have to go to my older dd's school in a hour since she made student of the month. Then she has swimming afterschool and ds has basketball. I still need to manage some work hrs in between that also. Yikes. Well, at least I can check off walking and eating oatmeal! Determined to eat clean!! Happy Monday ladies!!

Lisa

Becky, Rest days are wonderful! Esp when they actually are restful! My rest days are usually so jam-packed I can't enjoy them!:rolleyes:
You are rockin' the WO's! I was lazy but I loved it. It's the only time I've ever let myself NOT wo and it was wondeful!:D
I'm a huge water drinker too!

Lisa, YAY for finding the SMILES!!!
MMPP is Muscle Max PushPull premix. 32 mins I think and it hits all UB.
HSTA is High Step Training Advanced. ;)
Those babies are good resistance training arent they?!
Congrats to your Daughter!:D
You are a busy mama! My girls dont want to be involved in extra-curricular activites and I'm NOT complaining! So many families are invloved in what seems like everything so sometimes I feel funny that we're not more involved. But we do things together as a family so I guess/hope that makes up for it!

I drove Gina to and from school today and it MADE HER DAY! That kid has such a long day and a long bus ride. 40 min each way!:( Too much for a 6-yo IMHO. 7:50 she leaves and 4:30 she's home. I hate it.:(

Julia has slept SO GOOD TODAY!!! Let's hope the trend continues!

Hi Ladies!

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the UPS truck with my STS! This would be the time it gets lost or something. Usually they deliver here around 1:00 and its 2:15. Sometimes it's as late as 5:00, though....I am such a freak.:eek:

Kate--He has Osgood/Schlatter's disease--it's something that growing teens (usually active boys) get. Something about growth and the tibia and it effects the knee in a painful manner. Becky probably could explain it better. It's not a serious thing, but it's a bummer for him, because he can't wrestle. I having him weight training with me plus I'm determined to get a spinning bike out of it:p. Maybe driving Gina back and forth is just what she needs right now--is the problem more with the bus than with actual school?

Lisa--what's discouraging is when you eat clean and the scale inches down ever so sloooooowly...Don't feel bummed about one bad eating day. I'm sorry you are not getting enough sleep. That can really wear a person down:(.

Becky--good for you taking a rest day! I am a firm believer in them (but then I'm old and injury prone:mad:) I'm planning a rest week this week to prepare for STS--actually I'll do a couple of circuits, but other than that, nothing.

Hi everyone else!

Maggie:)

maggie, did you get sts?????!!!!!!! it is so pretty!
thats too bad your son wont be able to wrestle. all things happen for a reason tho, right?

argh....gotta run....will finish later

im back.

maggie, ginas issue has been the separation. she would cry whether i drove her or not. in fact she cried harder when i did drive her!:( i talked w/ a friend from these forums (she was hs'ed) today about it and i think im leaning away from it. never thought idsay that! im going to read a couple books about it and go from there. im thinking of getting the curriculum for their grades next yearand testing it out over the summer w/o telling them.

AMEN to not getting enough sleep! and its not even julias fault! she does pretty well at night. i just stay up too late working on things.:mad: im going to TRY to get to bed at a decent hr onight - hopefully befroe 11:rolleyes:

GLORY BE!!!!!!
julia slept so good lst night AND i got to bed at 930!!!!!!!
she slept til 4am, nursed til 5, up at 8.
i feel like a new woman!!!
shes usyally up to nurse around 2 lately....my boobs were killing me!:eek:

everybody having a good day????

Good morning! Kate, so glad you had a good sleep! Last night was pretty good for me too. Zoey let me have 2 3 hour stretches, so when she woke up at 7:30, I stayed up after I fed her instead of napping with her. I got my workout in early!

Today I did KPC. I had to modify the abs somewhat...I think I need to start doing short planks throughout the day...maybe during Zoey's tummy time.

Lisa, congrats to your dd.

Maggie, I got my STS yesterday too! My husband came home and saw how much was in the box, and he said "holy crap!" I think I'm going to start my 1RM mid-month since I'm going to start the STS rotation next month. There's 97 of them!:eek:

Hope everyone else has a great day! I'm off to take my yorkie to the groomers and stop by the photographer to pick up Zoey's announcements.

Becky

Good morning ladies!! At least here in Hawaii it is.

Kate - Yay for good sleep. I'm on the opposite end. Pomai is going back to 1.5 - 2 hr stretches a night. I think she's going through a growth spurt. Thanks for the acronym dictionary! I think I'll do MM PP now! Didn't realize that was on MM!

Maggie - Did the UPS truck finally show up? I didn't even weigh myself yesterday because I just didn't want to go there and it's taking me a lot longer to lose the baby weight than it did in my 20's. :(

Becky - Woohoo for STS arriving.

Okay ladies, how is STS? Everyone talking about it makes me think if I should have gotten it, but I don't know if I could commit to such a program. Do you know if you stop in the middle if it negates the results of what the program is supposed to produce? I'l lprobably go visit the DVD forum now. :)

Lisa

becky, yay for an early wo! most of mine end up being at 8pm or later.:mad:
oh, planks! i need to do these daily too. i can crunch til the cows come home but my sweet julia trashed my transverse!:p
hope the announcements turn out good!

lisa, get sts!!! even if you dont committo the whole program thats a darn good price for all those wo's!! each meso focuses on different things. i see nothing wrong w/ breaking it up.
sorry for the night wakings. hope you can catch some naps. i always pick wo's over naps tho..:(
hope you like mm!

oh mommies! i feel horrible! headache, chills, dead tired......
i dont have time to get sick!!!!
my house is falling apart already because dh made dinner......
helllllllp!

Awwwww Kate..praying you stay well!! I know what you mean about dh making dinner. If you're sick, let dh clean up too!!

Lisa

Hi Ladies--I have insomnia--too much caffeine yesterday, I'm thinking. I'm going to be hating life tomorrow.

Kate--I'm sorry you are sick!! Gina's separation issues are breaking my heart. How touching that she feels so close to you. I hope you and Mike are able to figure it all out. STS finally came--about 15 minutes after I finally called UPS thinking it was lost or something. It is impressive! I can't wait to start, but I realize now how important the 1 rep maxes are, so I might have to put it off a week....

Becky--97 1 rep maxes--I didn't realize--I did see there was a whole list of them in the back, but didn't count--now off to the new workout manager to figure that all out!

Lisa--yes, the truck finally showed up. I was a basket case all day. Why do these things affect me so? Why don't you wait and see about ordering STS until you see how people do with it. It's an awful lot to spend without the pre order price.

Hi everyone else!
Maggie:)

lisa, mike didnt clean up a thing and i felt too awful to care. he packed ginas lunch for me but get this - he put 2 thin pieces of ham between the bread for her sandwich and gave her 5 bite-size tortilla chips! men!!!:p so i repacked itthis morning.

maggie, the 1rms go by really fast. i did them in 4 sessions. i left out the 1 and 2 star leg ones. i did plyo legs last week.......def. dont need to do the 1 and 2s. i ached for days!:cool:
ginas a heart-breaker for sure. shes been a mams girl homebody from day 1.

off to the planetarium fopr isabels field trip. i dont wana goooooo!!!!!:p

Maggie - Good idea...thanks for the reminder. I didn't preorder because I wanted feedback on it since I can't even stick with a rotation to the end of the month. DH bought P90X but I found I only liked a couple of the workouts and never followed the programs. Call it workout ADD. How does Gwen do when you drink caffeine? I'm so afraid to drink tea even though I'd loved to.

Kate - LOL about dd's lunch from her daddy. Maybe you can nap at the planetarium. Are you taking Julia?

So I did the original IMAX last night all the way through! Ok so my jumps on interval 10 weren't as high as Cathe's but I felt soooo good. I like IMAX and IMAX2 over IMAX3. IMAX3 is the hardest cardio wise for me. I wasn't so sure starting it if I would make it through but those uphill stroller walks have really upped my cardio. Yay!! Eating pretty good today. Oatmeal for breakfast and fish with brown rice for lunch. I just need to stay clear of all sweets, my weakness. I also need to stop going on the scale. Hope everyone is having a great hump day! I will be doing weights today. Maybe ME or one of the GS ones.

Lisa

Maggie, glad you finally got STS. After doing 2 circuit workouts this week, I think I may need to take a whole week at the beginning of March to do the 1RM. I am completely out of shape lifting wise right now! That or I'll cut my Feb rotation down by a week to do them. Now that I think of it, that's probably what I'll do.

Kate, how was the field trip? Funny lunch your husband made. Glad you checked out the lunch sack before you sent her to school with it!

Lisa, yay for IMAX! I think the first one is the hardest anaerobic wise. Good job!

Today I did High Step Challenge. I really like the abs at the end of that one...very pilates-like. Tomorrow is supposed to be Step Fit, but I might change to Step Blast, which is one of my favorites.

Becky

lisa, yep, julia had her first visit to the planetarium!:p it was naptime so i stuck a boob in her mouh and she was out cold!:p
imax 3 is my least fave. i2 is the best!
good job on the eating! swees are my downfall too and dds and i love to bake together.

becky, the 1rms go by fast, i promise. its actually a decent wo!
hsc is so fun!
field trip was fun actually. and i prob got more rest laying in that chair than i wouldve at home w/ my attention-demanding 4-yo!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.