-------- pp 12/8 ---> ????

chefkate

Cathlete
JEN, hope those wo’s are good! I love new workouts! a cmd feels like, well, absolutely horrible. the whole side of my boob * ached*. it was hard and lumpy, with red splotches. ive gotten so many of them its hard to keep track! the mastitis was really bad - all of that plus a fever/chills/whole body aches. its all better today, thank goodness! when aidan latches on and it hurts: are your breasts really full of milk? when shes slept thru a nursing time and im overly full there is a little pain in the beginning but it goes away quickly like you said. cmd pain is constant. does your r side fill up quicker. my r side is always fuller…
enjoy your book! I rarely read. fun to think back on dating dh… I was FIFTEEN on our 1st date! crazy

gs chest/back today. ned to finish back, julia interrupted it!:)

eat clean & drink your water!!!

Hi ladies!
Kate--Hope your cmd goes away soon! Ouch! Good job on the workouts and clean eating!

Hi to everyone else!

Charlie and I have bad colds. Ugh. Poor little guy is snorting like a little pig because his nose is stuffy. Little noses helps a lot, though. Ate very very badly today -- leftover party food. We had the boys' bday party Saturday. Tonight I'll just eat something very light (hopefully). Also hope to get a workout in later today. Both Charlie and Henry are napping now, but as soon as I begin a workout, one or both will wake up, I'm sure. Still on the fence about Nutrisystem. It's very expensive. I wish I had my old will power! I used to have willpower of steel! AF can't decide if she wants to come or not. I think that's part of my appetite problem lately. Anyway... Hope everyone is doing well!!

cmd all gone - hurray!!!!

stephanie, sorry about the sickness!!! dds have been sick on/off since julia was born - and they're never sick! so glad julia and i havent got it!
go for the ns!!! not sure how it works, but maybe even for a couple weeks???
yuck to af! i dread that return!

Hi ladies!
Well, I did it. I joined NS... the "flex plan" so I have weekends off and will prepare my own fresh/hopefully clean food. Now my dilemma is whether to start it before or after Christmas. Hmmmm...

I worked out last night. First time in awhile. I did the warm up and the first step routine in body max 2 and was about to die -- SO out of breath. I used to could do all of it. Oh well. Then I did the upper body weights and repeated the triceps, biceps and abs portion (except for the side planks. Not up for those yet.) I am amazed at how well my belly healed. I can do reverse crunches, rocket blasts, etc. And I just had my abdominal wall cut open two months ago. Anyway, the body is amazing how it can heal itself.

Hope everyone is having a good day!! :)

Stephanie~that sounds like a good workout! Good for you. Hope your colds are short lived.

Kate~funny my left side is always fuller feeling. I haven't had any clogged ducts this time yet. I have had them before with all of the others nad ouch. I would massage, use warm compress, pump, and repeat till it was resolved. Thank goodness I've never had an infection, but those clogged ducts are painful.

Well I discovered that we have a small gym here at the community cernter on post. It has 2 treadmills, 2 elipticals, a bike and some weight machines. They have a room next door to it and they have a glass wall/window between them so I can workout and watch into the play room. So today I went and Landon played and had a blast while I ran on the treadmill. Sara was awake for part of it then fell asleep. I got 4.25 miles before she woke up. It felt great! Now I have a place to go and not have to pay for the hourly childcare here on post. I also did 20 mins on my elliptical and did push ups, crunches (first time ouch!!), and some other upper body work w/ my free weights. I want to try to do 2x a day if I can to see if it helps thigns. Try to do 20 mins on the elliptical and some weights for one workout and then a walk or run if I can. I can't believe I have 15lbs to lose. I think I gained about 5 since having her. I got a good scale last night that does bodyfat and I was quite shocked so now I am very motivated. Lets see how sore I am tomorrow. I did 120 crunches and 50 push ups.. (well 10 real ones and 40 on my knees..lol)

trish, good job on the workouts!

i feel like the weight im losing now is what i gained in my binge-fest after i had her! my appetite just would not quit! guess i was building up the cals for successful nursing! the weight is just about all off but man, is my skin loose! my clothes fit, just tighter than id like.

Steph - Yay for the ns! I say start but take a "break" for Xmas. Good job on the wo's!!

Kate - Ouch re:cmd. Hate those things!! Woohoo on the weight and clothes!

Trish - That's great about the gym. I need to start going back to my gym. I want to go to spinning class at least.

Went running the other day. Felt weird..like I'm all "loose" or something. Might stick to step for now and weights also. Lost 18lbs so far. Another 17 more to go....

Lisa

loose lisa;):p, im trying so hard to remember to do my kegels! i hate doing them. you're more than 1/2-way there on the weight loss - wtg!

Lisa~great job! I also feel diffrent when running.. almost like my butt in bouncing and I wonder if I am jiggling. ick I thought maybe getting tight bike shorts to wear under my pants or something. Great job on getting half way there!!

Kate~that is exactly how I felt.. halloween candy, then thanksgiving and all those goodies. I have just ate whatever I wanted whenever.. middle of the night when up nursing I am snacking. I have to stop it. Seems I am more hungry now that I am nursing than I was when I was preg.

trish, i was never hungrier in my pg, that i can remember. right after birth tho - watch out!! if it wasnt nailed down i ate it! its levelled off now but i still could eat a ton if i wsnt trying so hard to be careful.

kristan, great job!

todays wo was gs biceps 2x - hurts so good!

Afternoon!

Kate~great job! your guns will be blazing tomorrow!

Kristan~what is that workout? I am still learning a lot of the abbreviations.

Well today I did 4.5 on the treadmill and then did 10 mins on this elliptial they have at the new gym. I've never seen one like it.. it's sorta a combo stepper/elliptical.. almost a bicycle though.. I need to get a pic of it..lol I am going to do it tomorrow for my cardio instead of the treadmill. I can tell if i set the resisitance higher and raise the incline it'll be a butt burner for sure! Going to try to get a mini workout in later w/ some abs and arms. I need to get into a groove w/ weights, but I can't seem to. Any suggestiions? Once I get on a kick for a few weeks and see results I stick with it, but I am such a cardio junkie I find it hard to get into a weights routine. I thought of doing 1 body part a day along w/ my cardio. Has anyone done this? Do you see good results?

trish, i used to be a cardio junkie too but somehow have learned to love weights - not sure how. lately ive been ultra-competitive w/ myself trying to outdo last week's weights. i have paceweights so that helps to go up a little at a time.

good job on your climber-thingy!:confused::D

y'day was gs legs. my booty's sore today!:D

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the PP ladies that I used to chat with! Congrats to you all on your babies! Hoping I make it this far! Trying to stay real positive with this one! Going for a few Beta tests today to get some reassurance on things before my first u/s in a few weeks.

Anne

Anne--Congratulations on your BFP!!! I'll be thinking and praying for you and your little one! Keep us posted. Definitely let us know how the u/s goes!

Kate and Trish--You guys are SO devoted! I'm hoping I can learn from your fitness devotion!

Hi to everyone else! I start NS today -- Got it in the mail yesterday. A big ole box of freeze dried and preservative laden food. Yum. Honestly, it's not bad, and it will help me get used to proper portions again. AF still can decide if she wants to come or not. I've been spotting off and on. And very ill yesterday. So who knows? I'm sure DH is thrilled that I'll be starting a diet at the same time. Watch out!! LOL Hoping to do Butts & Gutts tonight. Wish me luck!

Well, got to get Henry to school today. It's "pajama day" and he's super excited. Nasty, rainy, cold day here. Yuck. And I hate to get Charlie out in it. We've got errands to run too.

Have a great day, guys!!!

anne, i've got "everything* crossed for you! i hope this is "the one"!

stephanie, AF+DIET=:mad:
have fun withb&g!
i love pj day!!! i always sign up to work at pre-k when we have that day!:p

good day w/ julia - hope you're all having one too!

Stephanie~ that is so funny because next Friday is pj day here and the kids are watching polar express and they are making them breakfast and having hot chocolate and treats. Should be lots of fun. AF.. ugh Good luck w/ the NS! I really need to learn portion control too. I wouldn't need to workout so much if I could eat less...

Anne~congrats on your pregnancy!

Kate~GS legs is a hard one then?? I am a wimp when it comes to legs. I have a muscular build anyway and my calves stay big from running so I just don't do legs much. I could use a good butt workout though. lol

4 miles today running plus a 20 min elliptical. I set the resisitance up and I think tomorrow will be an off day. I already feel sore. (is that even possible??)

Chalk up another one who needs portion-control! Gives a whole new meaning to the term "pc", doesn't it?!:p

Trish, Good job on the cardio. Yes, GS legs is a terrific killer. My hamstrings are ACHING today - deadlifts are my friend! For butt tho, you just can't beat B&G!

Day 2 of not-so-stellar eating. Today was better than y'day so tomorrow will be even better - 100% back on track!

I think today is my rest day - my body is sore and I'm tired.
Tomorrow will be some kind of horse-power cardio! and abs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.