pp 12/15 and onward

chefkate

Cathlete
lorren, bb's have been okay here. i have some homeopathic stuff you could order. grannyjannyherbs.com get the green goop! this stuff has been miraculous for so many wierd skin things here!

lisa, we only do presents for the little ones - just have a few things left,but no clue when its gonna get done! prob. dec 23!!!

thanks so much for the nice comments on our pic! here are some more...
http://montellsphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6734861_2voTS#436397091_qGBWe

our girls are page 2 and onward. the first of ours is julia in a pink shirt on her tummy/side. i didnt have her in her dress yet....:confused: then isabel & gina in their fancy clothes. mike and i are in there too - yikes! we werent planning on our pics being taken but my dad insisted...

wo was 4ds back/biceps 2x. the scale isnt budging a BIT as of last week but i can see my body changing so im staying away from the scale!!

Hi ladies!
Kate--The scale isn't budging because you're building back muscle!! It's a good thing! Your workouts sound great!

Hi to everyone else!!

I worked in a workout tonight at 10:30. It felt so good! I thought, why not?Charlie had to eat again at 11:30 anyway.. I did the legs/abs Timesaver, and it was great! I couldn't finish the leg presses though. Ugh. Leg presses were a lot easier when I weighed 40 pounds less! Diet is going well. We'll see how I handle next week with the kids home and our cookie baking... :confused: Ice storm expected tonight so maybe no school tomorrow....

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!

stephanie, good job on the wo!!!! i think mine might be a late one tnight too.... how often are you getting up w/ charlie at night?

julia went to bed at 7 last night,, slept til 2am, nursed, slept til 7. what a baby!!!:D

wo will be cardio, maybe hilo med ball.
did abs last night
biceps are SORE from y'day!:)

Hi Kate! Charlie slept from.... drum roll, please ... 11:30 p.m. UNTIL 7:30 a.m.!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOO!!!! He fussed a bit around 5 a.m. but when I got to his pack n play, he was fast asleep again. I think he had gotten cold. I cranked the heat up a notch and he slept "like a baby" until morning. I wondered if it was bad to let him go that long, but he's a very big baby, so I figured it was fine. If he were underweight, I would have woke him up, but I didn't. I have NEVER had any of my babies sleep through the night THIS early!!

go charlie go!!!!!!!!

i have never woke a baby to feed them! 8 hrs def. isnt too long. julia goes 7 hrs almost every night.
you must feel like a million bucks!
hope you guys have another good night toniht!

Kate - LOVE the pics! So adorable!

Steph - Wow, 8 hrs!!! You lucky mom!

Hi Lorren!

I took a 30 min. walk yesterday and did LIC cardio plus some biceps and shoulders today. Feels great to workout!!! My tummy is slowly but surely going down. Can't wait for my butt to shrink as well as my thighs:eek:!

Lisa

Lisa--great job on the workouts! I feel your pain on the thighs/butt issue.

Hi everyone else!

Well, Charlie didn't sleep quite as well last night. 11:30-4:30, but that's not too bad. He then went back to sleep until just a few minutes ago. He's just sitting in his bouncy seat smiling at me. Cute!! OK, so I have a dilemma. I started my diet last week and immediately dropped like three or four pounds (probably water, I know). I gained back a pound and a half of it for no good reason and have been strict on my diet and working out the past two days, drinking an average of 70 ounces of water per day and I am stuck. Do you think I could be building muscle in such a short amount of time? Or could it be that AF keeps trying to start and I may be bloated? Anybody else gain a lot of water weight with their first period pp? Ugh. I was hoping to be five pounds lighter than I am by now. I'm going to my mom's to bake next week one day and then there's Christmas, and I wanted to be able to "cheat" on my diet a bit. Oh well. Ladies, once you hit the mid-30s mark, it's not as easy as it used to be!!! :(

Steph - I do the same thing. It's like I lose 2lbs in a matter of one day, then gain it back the next...it's like WTH! I think a lot is water and overall I know for me, stepping on the scale less like once a week is a better idea since I know weight can fluctuate so much. I hear you on the mid-30's comment, I'm right there with you!

Lisa

Lisa & Stephanie, I'm only 29! If the mid-30's are worse I'm in big trouble!:p

Good job in the WO's Lisa! I feel like I'm totally back at where I was aerobically and lifting too. Lifting heavier actually!

Stephanie, Ignore thy scale! I'm going about a week and a half between weighings. i used to weigh in several times a day. I still fight myself to not hop on daily, but I try to just go by how I feel. While the scale isn't really moving down, it's at a not-too-bad spot. I''ve been lifting heavy/to total failure and I think that's sticking the scale for now. I'm eating and good and exercising. Not much else I could do but go hungry! Glad Charlie had a decent night. Makes the daytime so much easier to handle!

WO today was 4ds chest/tris/shoulders 2x. It was pretty awful/awesome by the end!:cool:

I'm thinking muscle endurance tonight... but if it's like the past two nights, I'll only have 45 minutes, so may have to be another Timesaver. Kate, that's a great idea doing the weight portions of 4DS 2x!! I'll have to try that too!

Stephanie, I'm doing Fitness Freak's Dec. rotation. Have you looked at Cathe's for Dec? They're all shortened workouts - looks good!

Kate~your girls are beautiful!! Wow what angels! I can't see the second link you posted it is saying that gallery needs a password? Great job on your workouts!

Steph~wow 1030 workouts? you are awesome! Yay for getting a little sleep! We are still every 4 hours here.

I have been so busy the last few days I didn't get to check in. All the Christmas hustle.. : ) I have been good w/ my workouts and okay w/ eating. From last Tuesday till this past Monday I lost 1.2lbs.. I am okay with that. Now about 14 more to go. I tend to keep on about 5lbs till I quit bfing so I don't expect to lose all 14 now, but we'll see. Anyone else have that happen? I have had it happen every time. The lsat time w/ Landon I was able to lose 10lbs after I quit bfing and I didn't do anything diffrent, but the weight wouldn't come off when I was bfing. Oh well it's all worth it.

trish, thanks so much! we think they're pretty cute too!:D
^5 on the 1.2!:D mine is STUCK! but im pretty sure its due to the lifting. its nice by your 3rd/4th baby - you dont need to worry so much and know your body a little better as to what works/doesnt.

any special plans for c'mas?
we STAY HOME!!!!! Sat. we have lunch w/ santa at this really nice hotel in town. cookie baking/decorating next week.

Hi Ladies!
Im not postpartum YET - but i wanted to wave hello to everyone and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Or Happy Holidays if you do not celebrate Christmas :)

Im 31 weeks now, and growing by the day. I HATE the scale, and i have no willpower so the holidays are quite dangerous for me!

I do have a question, when did you guys start moderating workouts in your pregnancy? Im seven months but im still on two risers, still using the same weights and still doing lying ab work. I do get a little out of breath qcuiker, and i think my feet grew, which makes my feet hurt after about 20 minutes into a workout and sometimes i have to stop for a few minutes.
Im just curious becuase i think i remember Kate talking abotu missing doing step workouts - but i could be wrong (pregnant brain).

I dont mean to invade your checkin, i miss you all and just wanted to wish you a nice holiday and ask that question :)

jen, thanks for the hello!
modify when you feel you need to. since you're hurting after 20 min, lower your risers from the start and you'll be able to go longer probably.
when you do lying work (abs, chest) your baby puts pressure on your vena cava and that can restrict blood flow to baby.
i eventually went down to no risers and it was so much more comfortable. risers really bothered my round ligaments which support the uterus.

enjoy your last childless c'mas! they're gonna get expensive!:p

hi kate
thanks for the input. I dont have any round ligament pains. I was told that when you lie down you will feel the effects immediately, but it doesnt bother me at all. Of course my stomach gets in the way so i have to modify abs quite a bit.

As far as my feet hurting, i think its becuase they grew and my shoes are too tight. Im getting an arch pain i've never had before andits annoying becuase the rest of my body wants to keep going but with achey feet its really hard.

not to mention ig ot attacked by fire ants sunday afternoon and my left foot blew up. its been swollen since. and i've been ankle less. the next day my right foot blew up. so its partially ant bite related, but more pregnancy related. Both are still swollen! I feel ugly and unattractive all the time lately. Plus i gained about 31 pounds already and i still have 9 weeks to go! Im horrified!!! :)

I know 25-35 is normal, but im sure i'l gain at least 10 more at this rate making it over 40. Its just discouraging and the holidays are dangerous!! MY first three months i gaind nothing, then only 6 pounds. COme month 6 its like i exploded!

hi jen! i had that same stpid arch pain, but i stopped step at 7 mos for the fear of my clumsiness. lowerinng or no risers like kate said will help. i gained 35 lbs w/ this last pg...the most with any of my pgs. i'm 7 wks pp and have 15 more to lose. last two i only gained 27lbs. you'll be fine...you have a baby to nourish and once you start w'o again, the lbs will come off.

EUGH!!!! Guess who reared her ugly head....AF!!! I never got AF this early exclusively breastfeeding with my other two. With dd I did get AF around the same time, but it was light and didn't return again for a long while. I'm hoping the same this time around. Anyone else experience this?

Lisa

Howdy! CHecking in. Busy day here. I didn't get to the gym, but I got a good workout on my elliptical. I set the resistance high.. ouch! My dd (4 years old) had her school program today and they sang.. it was SO cute. Tomorrow my 6 year old has his program so I might not get to the gym. It is supposed to be 75 so maybe I can get a power walk outside.. Oh and I ordered a double jogger yesterday!! $150 and it got great reviews on amazon so I hope I like it! I got money for gifts after having Sara and since she is #4 I didn't really "need" any of the stuff.. just a few odds and ends so I decided to spend the money on a stroller.. didn't know I would get this great of a deal though. WOOT!

How is everyone doing with workouts?? I am debating on if we should make cookies or not.. I know I will just eat them. I have zero will power for some reason. I might make 1 kind so we have cookies for santa. I have no idea what happened to my will power.. ugh I used to be SO good at not eating the junk.

Hiya Susan! I haven't seen Mikkia check in for a bit.

Lisa~ick AF.. How far pp are you? The earliest I got af back was with my DD and that was at 5 months pp.. my first son wasn't till a year when I weaned, then my little guy it was about 9 months pp. Maybe it is just a little spotting like you said.

Jen~great job for you still doing those workouts! I wasn't brave enough to do a step workout after I got to your stage. I was just too clumsey.. I was afraid I'd not hit the step and trip.. heck I still haven't braved one of them yet.. lol Try not to worry about the weight. I wish Iwould have worried less about it because I do enough worrying about it now that I am pp. There will be a time to work on the weight after the baby is born! Enjoy the last few weeks!

Trish - It's more than spotting but at least on the lighter side. I'm only 7 wks pp! I didn't get AF with ds until after 1 yr. Hopefully its an one time deal like w/ dd. AF with her came back reg. around 8 mos pp after that initial one. I'm annoyed about it. Anyway, yay on the stroller!! Double stroller will be a major workout! I'm doing bad with the cookie issue also.....need them out of here!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.