pp 1/5/09 ---->

chefkate

Cathlete
mornin' girls!

the indians will be off to school today!
try not to let them hear you shriek for joy as the bus leaves!:p

kidding! kind of.....:p

we have a 2-hr delay! yay! gina needed it - big time. last night she was crying:(
isabel's pre-k is canceled.:) no taking julia out now!:)

eat right!
do your wo's!
drink your water!
and smooch those babies!

Hello all! Just a quick check-in while I have 2 free hands. I took a 30 minute walk with the baby in the stroller yesterday. Uphill I must add, which was a great cardio challenge. Okay, baby is fussing so better get going...bbl.

Lisa

oh i would love a walk outside, lisa!
our driveway is a 200' skating rink!:p
gina fell 3x coming off the bus!:p

julias doing her final nursing of the day then im off to cc land!

Lisa~I love getting walks in with the stroller. Something feels perfect about walking w/ the baby.

Kate~wow sounds like you had some icky weather. It rained today, but it's in the 50s.. so remind me again what is CC?

I ran 4 miles today. Dh is home today and tomorrow till 4 so I'll probably run tomorrow too since I can go w/out kids.

He is leaving on Sat. and I am having a hard time with it. He'll only be gone for 10 days, but then he'll only be home for 2-3 before he leaves for 8 weeks.. ugh I cried on my run today thinking about it ( I do all my thinking when I am running)

trish, cc is cardio coach, and im a liar because i didnt end up doing it! didnt get julia down til after 9 and by then i was so depressed and overwhelmed w/ everything i had to get done i just went to bed. yeah, like that helped me get anything accomplished!:rolleyes::p
any body else have a house that should be quarantined, a body that would give the ugliest man nightmares, and a mental state that would turn an insane person sane again?! well, thats me today!:D:D:D:D

trish, im sorry about dh. my troubles are absolutely zero. 8 weeks is a long time. do you have anybody nearby to help out? other moms in a similar situation? hugscomin' atcha!

Kate~hey sleeping your troubles away sounds great to me! I bet you'll get in a great workout today. I haven't met very many people here yet. I hope now that I am getting out more w/ Sara I will. Sadly just about everyone is in this situation from time to time.. it comes w/ the territory when you are an Army wife. Yesterday was just a blah day. I am sure once he's gone I'll be fine, but the time leading up to him leaving is always the worst. It's the anticipation and all it just is overwheling. Then once he leaves and we get into a routine it is not so bad.

I plan on getting a run in today. It might be in the rain. If not I might have to hit the gym when the older 2 get home from school.

trish, you have such a good attitude - its inspiring!:D
hope you get your run in.

day is better now. julia had a super long nap. i think that was my biggest problem y'day - she had a few catnaps but nothing solid. glad today is going better!

wow cool!! they have those at the big gym here on post. Never tried it, but I watch others sweat their butts off while I do the ellipitcal. lol

I got in 4 miles IN THE RAIN.. it wasn't bad at all. it was almost theraputic running in the rain. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

trish!!!! you haave access to that??!!! you HAVE TO try it! it is the most kick-butt wo on the planet! seriously, 20 min and you're DONE!

rain? youre dedicated!

enjoy your last couple days w/ dh!:(

big girls at school!!!! 1st time in 3 weeks theyve both been gone! im lovin it!:eek: so nivce to have a quiet house!!!!!:D

hope for nap for j soon so i can wo!!!

the gym i go to has it also but i probably won't attempt it until my cardio is back up again. wouldn't want to look too foolish!

went walking again and eating is getting cleaner.

i have one more week of all kids. going for a haircut on monday for "me" time. got frozen breastmilk so might as well. might pop into work tomorrow also.

planning to do mic again and weights. maybe pub.

Lisa

oh, you guys! you're killing me! you have the #1 piece of cardio equip EVER! it is a calorie furnace!!! use that baby!:D

lisa, are you doing mis&pub in 1 day?!
enjoy that haircut!!! i am soooo ovrdue for a brow waxin'!

mis on schedule tonight - never have done it before:confused:
julia, go to bed by 8!!!:p

Kate~it's at the big gym here on post that doesn't have daycare.. I got to the small gym in our neighborhood community center.. very small w/ a childcare room next door so I can't use that unless dh has the kids at home or I hire a sitter. Maybe when DH is gone since I get 25 hours of free childcare per month. Hope J cooperated for ya!

Lisa~MIC and PUB? That would be quite the workout!

Today I did Imax2 again.. I am getting into a cathe groove!! Might do RS tomorrow! I also did 19 mins on the elliptical before Sara woke up. Also took a walk this afternoon w/ the kids in the double jogger. Sara zonked out! She loved it. Just wanted to test it out since it was a beautiful day.

Ooops, let me clarify....only the hi/lo portion of mic and pub, but of course I ended up going for the walk with dd and baby in stroller. Hoping to do weights though but need to put baby to sleep for the night.

Hi Melanie! Been lurking on your thread. Glad things with DH got going. It's been a LONG while for us....I wonder if we'll remember how! :O

Trish - Are you solo yet?

Kate - How was MIC? Don't you love the outfits and hairstyles? Remember when g-string undies over the leotards was in?

Had a bummer day. Found out my cc interest rate went up just because of the economy and no other reason which is really minor, but sucks none the less. At least I have a job, good health, a healthy family and a home to live in. And my Cathe dvds to work out with to relieve the stress! Anyway, trying to stay positive.

Lisa

Last edited:
Trish, Good job on the WO's!
Julia would never sleep anywhere but her crib! I'm jealous!:)

Hi Melanie!

Lisa, Those WO's are oldies but goodies! Gotta get past the outfits and MUSIC! Where's my MP3?!:p
Sorry about the cc!:(

----
I did do my WO last night - AT TEN OCLOCK! The day got so busy and I never got a chance til then. Hope todays will be earlier!

Julia slept so good! 8PM - 1AM. Nursed 1 hour. STILL SLEEPING! (7am) Go girl go!:D
Better go wake up Gina..... I was hoping for a snow delay!;)

Hi ladies!

Kate--I know all too well about those late-night workouts. The good thing about them, I think, is I go to bed afterward and can't pig out if I do them late. (Lifting makes me HUNGRY!) I'm :eek: about your new climbing machine! You are such a masochist!

Lisa--I feel your pain on the cc's!! Ours doubled the minimum payment. We have a balance because we used it for home improvements awhile back. Typically we don't like to have a balance. Not only did they double the minimum balance, but they now charge a bs extra $10 fee. Geez. I think it's criminal how these banks get themselves into financial trouble and then take it out on their good customers. *stepping off of soap box*

Trish--Your workouts sound great! I think you're a superwoman, by the way!
---------
Well, the big boys are at school today. I needed to get a bunch done around here, but instead I talked to an old friend on the phone. She's such an inspiration. She used to be pretty overweight and never exercised and turned her health around last year. Lost a TON of weight and ran a half marathon and biked in a 25-mile race. This year she's training for a marathon! What an inspiration! Anyway, I figured dust be damned, I'm going to talk to my old friend! Now I need to fold clothes though while Charlie is sacked out. He's not been sleeping well the past two nights. He's gotten fussy after four hours, and he's been going 7-8. I hope tonight is better. I think it's a growth spurt. Those always interrupt their sleep. Anyway, hope you ladies are dong well! I did Muscle Endurance last night, and it kicked my butt! I had forgotten how much I hate the legs portion of that one! Tonight I think I'll do Jari Love. DH is going over to a friend's to watch the football game, but I told him not until my workout is done! NS is going well, except for the wheat thins I keep sneaking. WHY have I been craving wheat thins!!!??? Weird. Well, hope you gals are doing well!! Talk to you soon...

stephanie, thats awesome about your friend! can i call her too???:D i need some renewed motivation. im plateaued (??) right now.:confused: good job getting your wo's in - even late night! the last couple days ive managed daytime and its so much nicer!
ah, growth spurts! hope it passes quickly!:)
instead of wheat thins try kellog's all bran crackers. lots of fiber and they taste incredible! i like to munch on them w/ pb and/or apples.

rhytmic step y'day
muscle max today
rest day sunday!
need to do 1rms!!!!

julias naps are only 30-40 mins!:mad:
she does so well at night tho.... what gives?????

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.