post partum check in wek of january 4

shopaholic

Cathlete
i figured I'd start this early as Alexis and I hibernate due to the cold weather. I started back to work this week. Working an hour on Tues and and 2 hours on Thurs. On tuesday Alexis did drink some from the bottle but mostly screamed. Thursday she just screamed. Tuesday was my 34 birthday and Alexis did give me a nice card. Hubby lucked out as i informed him last week that he bought me a leather jacket. My figure is almost back, all clothes now fit. I do have a little weight to lose in the tummy and some boob weight. maggie, have you figured out how to weigh those boobs? Alexis was weighed at breastfeeding group yesterday. She weighed in, with clothes at 10ponds 10 ounces. Yes, around the size Bardric was at birth. She was the smallest in the group including an 8 week old. She is mostly sleeping through the night, waking up some nights at 3 0r 4 for a snack. She continues to snack all day. Enough of my babblings. This week's workout was my oldies but goodies. Next week will be a slower week because we are heading on Friday to New York for her baby naming which is like a christening.

Workout week:
Sunday-powermax =abs(can't remember which)
monday-PS-BBA+MIC hi/lo
Tues-PS-CST+MIC step
Wed-Leaner Legs(Don't have ps legs)
Thursday-Stepfit+bodymax abs(skipped parts of w/u and cooldown)
Friday-MIS
Saturday-Stepworks+cardio/weights ab section

Hey there!

Happy birthday and congrats on that figure--the best birthday present, eh?

Boob weighing has been largely unsuccesful:p

Bardric has been sleeping better at night, but continues to be fussy off and on during my workouts. It was a little better this week. I found that facing him away from me seems to help. If he can look at me it seems to remind him of what he may not have (boob).

I have lost a total of 16 pounds, so this rotation has so far been a good one for me, despite the lack of cardiovascular intensity. Also, I am getting stonger, so I know that I am not losing muscle. I am 4 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight--but remember that I was 30 lbs heavy when I started, so I have all that to go.

Our workout weeks were similar:)
Sun PSLA
Mon PS BBA, 20 min bike
Tues Step Fit
Wed MIS
Thur Rest
Fri Power Max
Sat PS CST, 20 min bike

Emy?

Any one else who cares to join?

take care,
Maggie

Maggie, our workout weeks do look similar. You should be real proud of yourself, i'll bet that in a few months you will be thinner than you were preprego. You really have been doing great workouts. Alexis has been doing better when i workout, I feed her twice in the morning then when she is content I leave her on her gymnee mat with cartoons on and she either watches tv or falls asleep for about half hour.i work out in unheated basement and have been trying to keep her where its warm. When she cries , i have had to stop workout and refeed but she has been making it til right before cooldown and abs most days.

Wow, you two are doing amazing. Both of you are at/just about at your pre-pregnancy weight. Yahoo!!! Truely an inspiration for us preggos. Keep up the good work.

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Thanks for the encouragement,ladies:)

These boards have been a great support system for me in my quest for fitness and eating more healthy.

Melanie--if you want a picture of Bardric, just e mail me at [email protected] or post your e mail address here and I will be glad to send you one--don't know if you got my message on the other thread:)

take care
Maggie

Bring on the pictures!!! Here's my e-mail address: [email protected] I can't wait!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Melanie-
I just sent them. They should be there soon if some sort of weird error has not occurred:p

Maggie

Melanie-
I just sent them. They should be there soon if some sort of weird error has not occurred:p

Maggie

Melanie-

Maggie

I just finished laughing my way through your posts. I love all the talk of weighing our boobs! Really I think mine have got to be at least a pound each (maybe even 2 pounds in the mornings when they are full!). It's weird, even though they are so huge, I am so used to them that when I saw a picture of me from several years I ago, I have forgotten how small they used to be!! Anyway, I got on my parents' scale again, and it says 12 pounds to go, to get to my preferred weight.

Baby Maxwell is doing fine. He continues to drool a river. When I read your exercise experiences, I see all the same things I go through. Also, I can tell that he is starting to recognize Cathe because he sees her so much. When he's awake and in the same room, he watches my exercising and the TV with fascination... Probably wondering what the heck I'm doing.

Mon- Body Max (minus abs)
Tue- MIC + Body Max abs
Wed- SJ&P
Thu- Rhythmic Step
Fri- Leaner Legs + Imax intervals 1-5
Sat- CTX Upper Body + Imax intervals 6-10

Happy Birthday, shopaholic! "Hubby lucked out as i informed him last week that he bought me a leather jacket." That's a good one - why beat around the bush, huh. Husbands aren't notorious (at least, not in my household) for picking up on dropped hints, so why waste the time!

Wow, Emy you found the time to do January rotation. I loved the rotation but Alexis can't go that long with a snack, and then by the time i feed and change her and go back to my workout , I am starved. As a result an hour and 15 minutes is my maximum for working out. my husband is the typical hubby, shopping at the last minute with no idea what to buy. He did do well though for hanukah, I told him I wanted a nice sweatsuit, and he bought me a velour sweatsuit from old navy that fit perfectly. I lucked out with the leather jacket on new Years day, there was one petite left,nine west marked down from $315 to $133. Melanie, I am trying to access Alexis's pictures to send you one but having problems, does someone have one saved on their computer they could foward?

Maggie, I got Bardic's pictures. Thanks! He's adorable (as are your other children). Thanks again for sharing.

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Thanks, the weird thing is that the pics I sent you and Emy are also still in our outbox. So I am glad that everyone got them, because our computer is doing strange things:p

Maggie

Nursing Bras

Emy, got your picture of Max. Adorable. He's got such cute cheeks. I just want to squeeze them & kiss them. I bet you can't help doing that yourself!!!

Ladies, does anyone have a favorite nursing bra or one that they really like? I'm having trouble finding one that I like. My mom sent me one from a garage sale, and it's okay. It's the only one I have right now & I want to get one more before baby's here. I purchased 5 different styles from Target (I hate trying them on at the store) and none of them fit right!!! Help me, if you can!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

RE: Nursing Bras

I don't have any recommendatuions for nursing bras, but I'd also like to hear if anyone else does. I actually am just using normal bras, but non-underwire ones that are easy to manuever in and out of without undoing.

Melanie, yesterday I was going through some old threads in this forum and read where you posted in response to Cruncholi asking about how to determine when is the right time to have a family. I don't know if you remember replying to her, but she had major debt from law school and was the major bread winner in her family... anyway, it's hard to remember all of things others' post so I like to go back and reread stuff when Max is not too "needy" at the moment. You were very encouraging to her, and I was impressed with all you are able to handle on your plate at one time. So, you are a pharmacist, is that right? That would explain the 10+ hour shift you were referring to.

Anyway, Max has his first cold... first time being sick at all, actually. Last night was the first night I didn't sleep very much since he started sleeping through the night in mid-November. His temp is 100.2. He isn't crying too much today, just a little cough and a non-stop flow of mucous out of his nose. I don't need to take him to the doctor do I? He seems to be in decent spirits...

Emy, I hope Maxwell feels better. I'd call the doctor just to double check but it does seem like a cold. Melanie, i bought some playtex nursing bras at kmart, they were cheap and comfortable. not the most flattering though. These are a soft cup , no underwire.

Shopaholic, Did you still need someone to forward a picture to Melanie, or did she get one already?

I'm surprised I haven't gotten Max's cold. I was sick with one 2 months ago and he never got that one. I wonder if it has to do with nursing.

Haven't gotten shopaholic's babe's picture yet. Love to see one!!!

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

Hi Melanie--

No wisdom here regarding nursing bras. I bought 2 from target (without trying them on--a habit for which I am notorious--something about dressing room lights and mirrors that make me look more fat than I feel:p ) --anyway, both bras fit weird and I never wear them unless I have no other bras that are clean. I just use regular bras and push them up over my boob. Not particularly comfy, but gets the job done.

Emy--I hope Max is feeling better, too. Poor little Bardric had a cold a while back and it was not fun. Had to break out the snot sucker (which he hated)and pin him down and suck out his snot so he could breathe and nurse. Ugh! I really don't like doing that, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

take care, everyone
Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.