Okay... it's official...

tchersue

Cathlete
I'm HUGE! I'm 31 wks. on Monday, and this baby suddenly feels like it up in my ribcage in a major way. No way can he grow for 9 more weeks and still fit in there :eek: !!

And to top it off, I've had two comments in the last week from people asking me if I'm having twins :-rollen ... it makes me feel like saying, "Yes, I'm huge... thank you very much for noticing." I think I might be reaching one of those grumpy 3rd trimester moments.

I actually wouldn't mind the pregnant body so much if I could just bend over without going breathless. I don't remember having this problem so much with #1... but then again, I wasn't picking up after a 2 year old then, either :)

Sigh -- Oh well, I just felt the need to complain.
Susan

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-02 AT 09:41AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Sue,
I was just wondering if your baby could be breech or transverse. When I was pregnant with my twins, my one baby was transverse and nestled right under my ribcage and it was very uncomfortable. Sitting upright made me breathless and it was hard for me to eat unless I was reclining.
Feel free to complain anytime! Hope the baby switches positions for you so that you are more comfortable for the remainder of the pregnancy!
Erica

Hi Susan! Since misery loves company I'll join in here;-)! Certainly not meaning to sound insensitive here, but I actually felt better knowing that I was not alone when I read your post last night.

I have experienced the same things that you have. The comments on my size are pouring in now. My side view has people looking at me in disbelief and saying all kinds of things from "Holy Mackerel, how much bigger are you going to get?", to "yup I think you are going early, you look very ready".

While I am much better today, yesterday my groin area was extremely sensitive and I talked through 90% of my step class. Just shifting my weight felt as if my bones were going to split. I had to walk so slowly all day and after a meal I felt extreme pressure down there and walked around cradling my belly in my hands. A good night sleep is rarely in the picture these days either.

I also can relate to the breathlessness. No matter how simple the task, I sound like I just finished running a race. Yes, I agree, I think chasing a 2 year old is extra exhausting. Especially when Eric knows he needs a diaper change and wedges himself under the bed or in a lower cabinet so that I can't get to him. As I struggle bent over and breathless to lure him out he is cracking up, argh!

Well, just wanted you to know you are not alone. As I have been told by others...."keep your chin up, it won't be too much longer now". Take care and hope you are feeling better today:)

I have an OB appt. on Tuesday, so I think I'll ask if she can tell how the baby is lying. There's definitely some body part lodged in my lower ribs right now... and with two months left, it seems so early to have him up there already!! I'm also probably more aware of him because he is super active compared to my first son. He isn't content with little kicks... he is constantly rolling around (he probably feels like he doesn't have any room either :). I think we're in for trouble with this one :)

Thanks for the response!
Susan

Hee hee... I was looking for company for my misery, so I'm glad you responded :) That is one of the fun things about teaching the prenatal classes, I think -- we can all laugh and complain together, and everyone understands.

I haven't had any pubic bone pain, but I have HUMONGOUS veins protruding out (enough that I haven't signed up for the Hydrofit class I planned on taking because I'm not sure I have the guts to walk into the pool area in a bathing suit) in that area and spreading out to my groin this time. It looks absolutely disgusting (aren't you glad I shared LOL :) and very painful at times. If I have one reprieve, though, I have been sleeping better lately, and last night I only woke up once to go to the bathroom... what a luxury! :)

We just got Aaron his twin sized "big boy bed" today, so I have a feeling that I'll be chasing him down more often during naptime & bedtime... Aaron's favorite hidey hole is under the dining room table, and he laughs just like Eric while I'm huffing and puffing trying to get him out. Nothing like 2 year old humor -- "Catch me!" is the best game in the whole world! Hopefully we didn't put off the bed switch too long, and he'll be settled in to his new bed by the time the baby arrives.

Well, little man is waking up from his nap!
Thanks for the support!!
Susan

Hee hee... I was looking for company for my misery, so I'm glad you responded :) That is one of the fun things about teaching the prenatal classes, I think -- we can all laugh and complain together, and everyone understands.

I haven't had any pubic bone pain, but I have HUMONGOUS veins protruding out (enough that I haven't signed up for the Hydrofit class I planned on taking because I'm not sure I have the guts to walk into the pool area in a bathing suit) in that area and spreading out to my groin this time. It looks absolutely disgusting (aren't you glad I shared LOL :) and very painful at times. If I have one reprieve, though, I have been sleeping better lately, and last night I only woke up once to go to the bathroom... what a luxury! :)

We just got Aaron his twin sized "big boy bed" today, so I have a feeling that I'll be chasing him down more often during naptime & bedtime... Aaron's favorite hidey hole is under the dining room table, and he laughs just like Eric while I'm huffing and puffing trying to get him out. Nothing like 2 year old humor -- "Catch me!" is the best game in the whole world! Hopefully we didn't put off the bed switch too long, and he'll be settled in to his new bed by the time the baby arrives.

Well, little man is waking up from his nap!
Thanks for the support!!
Susan

Another huge momma chiming in here...

Glad to hear I'm not alone in my breathlessness and girth :). I also really love the stabbing pains in my lower back. Cardio only amplifies the pain, and my work doesn't help, since I stand all day.

I can't imagine being this huge, with a toddler to look after as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.