no energy

beauty

HI. I am around 32 weeks pregnant,and the last week or so I have hardly exercised at all. Even the thought of it makes me almost nausous. Has this happened to anyone else? It buggs me cause I feel I should be doing something,but its hard when you have no energy. Any suggestions of what to do? Thanks.

Hi Beauty,
I feel your pain! I am only 17 weeks pregnant but have not had a lot of energy lately myself for some reason. The thought of exercising does not make me nauseous but sometimes it is hard to get up the gumption to just do it. The only thing I can suggest is that you break up your workouts into smaller chunks. Instead of feeling like you have to walk for a full 30-40 minutes at one time, just do 10 minutes at a time a few times a day. Everything you do counts. I usually start my workout saying to myself that I will at least do 10 minutes and then if I am too tired, I will stop. Usually though, I end up going through a full 45-60 minute workout. The exercise generally revs me up and rids me of my energy slump at least for a while. Listen to your body though and if you are feeling truly too tired or are experiencing any pain, then stop. I got on my treadmill yesterday all set for a good walking stint but about 8 minutes into the exercise, I started getting lower abdominal pain. My ligaments are beginning to stretch and cause discomfort and they didn't seem to appreciate the exercise yesterday so I stopped. I will try again today. Good luck and just do what you can.

Hi Beauty! Give yourself a break! Listen to your body...sounds like it needs some time off. Take advantage of the rest period and use it to relax, spend some quiet time to yourself and rejuvenate. Sometimes exercising during a sluggish period can help and other times it just makes it worse...take care of yourself and your baby during this special time together...you'll be back to "normal" soon...

jeni

Hi Beauty! Don't worry about it at all. Take exercise day by day when your pregnant. Somedays/weeks you have energy and some you don't. Your body is very busy these 9 months and on an agenda that you have no control over. Be patient and respect your body's wishes while it creates this little mircle for you :)

Hi Beauty,

I too am 32 weeks and have had no energy this week at all, I did exercise yesterday but today I feel even worse! I must admit I have not been exercising more than 2-3 times per week for at least a couple weeks now. It seems these last 8 weeks are going to be low energy weeks but they say the baby grows the most now til the end - maybe that is why we feel so tired?? anyone??
It is nice to know I am not the only one!! Do you know what you are having? For me, we found out its a boy. My due date is Nov. 4th, how about you?? Best of luck to you!!

Lisa

HI, My energy seems to be getting better the farther along i get.My due date is Oct. 28. I am getting really excited! I don't know tho what I am having.Waiting to be surprised! When you exercise what kinds of thing do you do? I have been walking,and bike riding, and sometimes doing light weights & yoga stretching.I do get pooped alot faster than I'm used to. It will be fun to get back to doing Cathe workouts!!

Hi,
I do a variety of things, weights (light of course) and usually some step on the lowest height for about 20-30 min tops and walking on the treadmill. If I do any Cathe workouts I just modify so there is no impact. This is my first and I just want to make sure I don't do anything to jeopardize his birth! It is only 7&1/2 weeks away so I can handle the light stuff!
I had a good energy day yesterday so I worked out - today not so much energy! I can't wait to do high intensity again either!
Best of luck to you!!!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.