MOMS are hot! july 27 - aug 2

hello everyone! about to run out the door to get groceries. man I'm STARVING. I have to eat first. Liam seems to be getting his hands in his mouth alot lately. hes also been trying to get at his thumb. wonder if he's going to end up being a thumb sucker. here is a pic.
Well plan to w/o tonight. probably try an insanity w/o!!!! yay. last 2 nights were a little better with his gas issue. hope it continues to do so.

Last edited:
Jess, He is too cute!! Glad the gas is subsiding for him. Ive never had to deal with that.
Hope you like Insanity - I'm intrigued but scared to stray from Cathe! I'm waiting to hear more reviews before I think about purchasing

-
Last night I did MM after we got back and tonight I'll run....if it's not too hot out!:eek: Maybe HiLo Med Ball.

Busy day getting things back to norm after vacation. Got some produce and LAUNDRY!!!!! ohmy word, the laundry!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Jess, I have other stuff (tracey, amy, classical stretch) but for some reason I'm leery of Beach Body.
I'm the same way w/ picking my daily WO. I have to have the plan ahead of time or I tend to skip it. Glad I'm not hte only one!

-
Laura and I had a great powerwalk/run at the end.
Eating was good all day - yay!

just previewed 3 insanity disks and I like it! I like it ALOT!! I'm so thrilled with this set! :) Its worth dealing with BB Kate. really I ordered through a coach though and had NO problems what so ever.
Baby is up late. we were gone all evening to VBS. I may do the fit test if little guy goes to sleep fast enough.

Last edited:
jess, sorry yu had to send dh off. :(:(:( was it hard? when do you see hum again?
i'll look @ insanity on youtube.
how long is your mom staying?

-
i slept great!!! j woke up @ 3 but i stayed awake so we're all good:). usually i conk out rocking her:)

doing dm tonight. byebye baby fat!

kate-You've been up since 3am??? eek. Liam is doing better the last two nights. But still not great. weve been cosleeping so he likes it best next to me ha. and sometimes wakes up if I put him down to go do other stuff.... LIKE WORK OUT! ack. but the gas is hopefully going to go away. I HOPE so. I got him into the crib. seems hes outgrowing the pac n play bassinet. he looks so big! ha. sigh. plus his nursery is so cozy. I have a twin bed in there. the rocking chair is there too. I don't mind cosleeping when I want to go to bed. hes snuggly to sleep with. I keep my arm around him. I'm a pretty light sleeper so I feel very safe with it. I did it with my older two also. but he's going to transition more and more to his crib. He slept in it a few hours last night and will for all naps.

So where is everyone else? now that I can checkin. ha.

Last edited:
Oh I keep meaning to ask. what is a good calorie amount to shoot for when breastfeeding and exercising? and also breastfeeding and NOT exercising. I want a range to figure out what I should be eating depending on my activity level.

Good morning all......

How is everyone? I am out of town, so I am able to hit the gym more often. So I have been running. As of today, I've logged 9 miles so far.:D I hope that everyone is okay. I am also logging in the challenges and Checkin so sometimes I forget to pop in here. (I will get better @ checking in both places).

Jess, I have other stuff (tracey, amy, classical stretch) but for some reason I'm leery of Beach Body.
I'm the same way w/ picking my daily WO. I have to have the plan ahead of time or I tend to skip it. Glad I'm not hte only one!

-
Laura and I had a great powerwalk/run at the end.
Eating was good all day - yay!

Kate... How do you like Classical stretch? I was thinking about addind a yoga type activity.... I am moving slower lately. I read some good stuff about it on video fitness.

Jess... I am!!
When I started, it hurt my calfs and it was slightly painful to run, so I started doing it everyother day. I am doing it that way because I really don't want to stop running- ( I have a fitness test in 5 weeks and running is a major part of the test-- you know- because of your DH). So Insanity everyother day and running most days. What about you? How are you doing?

P.S-- I didn't do so well on the Insanity fit test -most people who posted their results had wayyyyyy more than I did:mad:

so far I've only previewed the new set and I want to do it NOW but things keep happening. mostly related to a little person! lol. I've done the sneak peek 3x and I love it. can't wait to do more. yeah DH runs for those fit tests.

Jess, No! Not up for the day at 3! I was up til 4 and slept til 6. :eek::eek:
I don't keep track of cals.....sorry! I used to and I drove myself crazy. I might weigh a little more now but I'm happier.
I wish I could co-sleep. I always wake up so blasted sore.

Sydney, WTG on the mileage!!! That's great! My sis and I did almost 4 miles last night.
I ADORELOVEHEART Classical Stretch. It makes me feel so good & lean & stretched all over. I can't use other stretch tapes anymore. Miranda is the gold standard.

Kate - I hate Beachbody. They were charging DH's card for this stupid charge they claim was on some disclaimer when he ordered the additional P90X wo's. I was pissed. Anyway, they wouldn't back credit us, but we took it off and blocked them from our cc. They also sent us the original P90X twice so we had to send it back and wait for a refund. So I don't know if you got my other post of long ago, but do you have any bread recipes to share that I could make with my breadmaker??

Hi mommies! Quick check-in because this week is super crazy. Back-to-school stuff for Friday, football practice daily, work all week, and nephew leaving tomorrow for California. I will be reading and checking in, but apologies ahead for terrible personals. Did LIC on Sunday and planning on a 4DS wo tonight. Eats have been a rollercoaster, *sigh*. On track today so far.

Lisa

Lisa -wow thats awful! did you use a coach? wondering if thats better. they do interviene for you if something happens. I haven't had one issue and I've ordered from them several times. only just now got a coach for insanity. i've bought turbo jam sets twice and CLX from their main site. no problems. that stinks!

Kate - I never have either but I keep reading so much about it and I think I could be way off or something. maybe I need to just for a bit to get a general idea. I'm not good with that either. I just try to eat healthy in general when I'm hungry and exercise. Are there any clips of classical stretch online? I haven't seen anything for it so Im reluctant to get any.

Sydney -yeah it gets my calves too! but I need it. I have pencil legs when I am thin and I need my calves worked. ha.

hi mamas! we are back and settling in after our muddy but fun festival experience!

jess - hope you enjoyed your time with dh!

kate - ive ordered only 1x from BB. slim in 6, and immediately sent it back because it was deathly boring lol. but they were actually awesome to me... i forgot to include one of the disks when i sent it back, realized it a few days later and called for a new return auth # and they said, keep it, our gift to you... it was annoying to order, though, they try to sell you a whole bunch of other stuff you dont want...

sydney, wtg on the running, youll be up to that fit test in no time! my dh has to do that also.

lisa - are your kids going back to school now????? no way????!!!!

well, wo have been terrible (ie nonexistent) for the trip. however i always lose some lbs at this fest... all the healthy food options, a ton of walking all over, sweating my patooties off in the hot sun, drinking water and fresh lemonade by the gallon... does it every time. good tan too =) so 4 lbs down when i stepped on the scale yesterday. lets see if i can maintain and continue. my right knee has been kind of "crunchy" (cant think of another word for it really) and i am weary of jumping back into ctx, even modifying. i have a petra kolber interval workout from netflix i plan to try and also gaiam strong knees video i was doing for a while before. depending on time will try to do both manana. in the am is my moms group and also my dad usually visits on weds. JJ has tooth #3 poking thru, top rt. i am so afraid of getting chomped on...

hi to all the other moms, im so glad to be back to see you all!!

w

Howdy! I had a busy day yesterday so I totally didn't get to check in! I had the kids to hourly care and I got a solo run in. I did MIS yesterday morning so I got the weights in and then a 4 mile run. It was HOT too. ick. Then DHs roommate was out of their room so about 3pm here (11pm there) we got to have a private webchat. LOL No kids here and no roomie there. It was so fun!

Jess~where is your dh at? I think I missed that part. Sorry to hear he is gone again. I am looking forward to R&R, but I know the sending them back part is awful. Your little man is SOOO cute! I have no idea how many cals to eat when bfing and working out. I always just ate whatever so I am the wrong person to ask. lol I was SO hungry when bfing. I was not even that hungry when I was preg. I quit last month and I am happy to report my need to eat has lessened.. lol

Sydney~oh yay for getting in some good miles! That always makes me feel great.

Kate~ick post vacation laundry is the worst!! I hope you get that all done.. blah Glad to see you got your run in!

Today I did nothing, but grocery shop. Just wasn't feeling it so I rested.

Missed the second page!

Wendy~great job on the weight loss and wow a 3rd tooth?? We need pics!

Lisa~sounds like a busy week for you!

okay off to bed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.