Mom's 2 B Check-in week of July 31st

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hey gang. This week was uneventful. I find myself struggling to decide, "Do I workout or take a nap?". I've been choosing to workout more and more. Especially with my enlarging belly & the scale moving and moving and moving and moving.
Anyway, here's my week

Sun: off
Mon: off
Tue: 3.5 mi walk
Wed: Imax3 + CW abs
Thurs: NAP (couldn't deny myself)
Fri: Circuit Max
Sat: Rhythmic Step (just one challenge round)

I don't think I will do Imax3 again while pregnant, it was too much of a cardio challenge. :)

Hope everyone had a great week!

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hey ladies--

I'm tired today and stalling on the rest of my workout, which is Body Max upper body (did the first two sections this morning).

Mon-Power Max
Tues-SH Ch, Sh, Tri (shaved off one set of each exercise)
Wed-LL+KPC kick/punch drills
Thurs-SH/GS hybrid back and biceps (shaved off one set of each SH exercise)+1 hour stationary bike
Fri-Low Max+SB challenge (I have had to move to a 6"step)
Sat-Body Max, but I need to go finish the upper body portion
Sun-will rest

I am officially retiring the SH series until I am post partum, because, well it's time.

I'm not feeling the baby move(I'm 18 weeks) and am convinced that something is wrong. No point in calling the doctor as there is nothing they can do about it at this time. I don't want to find out that something bad has happened at my ultrasound appointment. I hate losing it in front of strangers. I would rather know ahead of time to process the information at home.

I hate to be such a downer, but I always struggle with these fears during pregnancy--it's never a very happy time for me.

I gained 2 lbs this week despite eating well, where I had maintained the previous 3 weeks, thus the exercise bulemia of Thursday and Friday. But it has gotten really hot here all of a sudden, so I'm thinking it is probably water weight--my boobs are extra swollen and tender--but the gain does not help my frame of mind.

I hope you are all emotionally better than I am and doing well in all respects.

Edited to say--Melani--you rock for doing IMAX 3 until this point in your pregnancy. If I do it, I have to modify big time.

Maggie

Hi everyone,

Ya'll probably already know how my week went, since I've been posting daily, but I'll reiterate anyway. Week Two of the July '05 rotation went something like this:

MON: Basic Step; Push Pull
TUES: Step & Intervals
WEDS: Body Fusion step; Push Pull
THURS: Christie Taylor's "Totally Cool Step"
FRI: KPC cardio conditioning drills (first premix)
SAT: BodyMax step; Bootcamp upper body premix
SUN: rest

Melanie, I'm curious as to what you have on your cheat sheet next to my name :) You're doing some great workouts!!

Maggie, I wouldn't get worried about the baby quite yet. As you probably already know, 18 weeks is still a bit early to feel movement; 20-22 weeks is more likely. Your baby's placenta may be on the front of the uterus, making it more difficult to feel movement. My first dd had her placenta there, and I never felt half the movement that I'm feeling with this one (placenta at the back). I know it's hard not to worry, especially if you are used to feeling your babies' movements by now. But the fact that you gained 2 pounds this week is a great sign that all is well. I know you're trying really hard to keep your weight gain down during this pregnancy, but going four weeks in a row in your second trimester without any weight gain is probably more of a concern than not feeling any movement. Hang in there, you're doing great! I can't believe some of the workouts you're still doing.

Have a good week!
Sandra

Maggie, as you know...my baby hasn't been moving much at all. The U/S showed a healthy baby & my ob has been able to hear a heartbeat...so I just have to believe that this baby is more "mello" than my other ones. Remember, I"m almost 24 weeks & still have very little movement. I feel movement about every 3 days or so & then only a couple of movements. I'm dissapointed b/c this is pretty much the only thing I LIKE about pregnancy (the movements). Anyway, I'm praying for PEACE and JOY for you during this pregnancy. Remember that fear is not from our God, who is peace. Don't let the enemy rob your joy.

Sandra, I will never share the what I have by your name. ;) Actually, I have just put your REAL name next to it. SANDRA. You know, since I live in MN I'm pretty close to Canada...although I have never been to Canada. Can you believe it? The closest I've been is International Falls. I actually wanted to move to Bemidji after graduating from pharmacy school...but DH is an advid agate collector and there aren't any agates around there. Are there any agates where you're at? I think it's so beautiful the farther you go up North. I've never been to Colorado or South Carolina either. I heard those places are beautiful as well. I suppose we'll have to go on a family trip one of these years. It seems like the last couple of years we've been spending our vacation $ doing house repairs. ;)

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Maggie – Oh honey, I wish you lived close enough to come over for some tea and a hug! In print, your week looks so good, but you don’t sound like it’s going so well… I know every woman is different, but gaining two pounds in four weeks sounds kind of light to me. Is that normal for you? Have you talked to your doctor about your concerns in general – not just baby movement, but about your feelings when you’re pregnant? Maybe they would have some advice. Truly, you seem like you’re doing all the right things for your health, and if they can help you enjoy the next 4-5 months more, it might be worth a shot…

I’ll post more later – I have weekend guests that are packing up to leave now, and I only had a quick sec to catch up.

KC

Thanks everyone--I'm doing better today. I can be such a downer at times. I gets on my husband's nerves from time to time. He's the mellow optomist. I'm the high stress pessimest. Yes, my doctor knows that I am a total worrywort and he is a very sensible and comforting doctor.

Since I have never weighed myself throughout a pregnancy, I don't know what is normal for me, except that my total weight gain was 65,65,65,80, and 45. I always pack on a bunch during the 1st trimester. It's just that this time I don't want to be stuck with 25, 30, 40, 50 lbs to lose, even thought I've lost huge amounts of weight multiple times.

I've gained 22lbs in 18 weeks--ugh! I think I can afford to slow down a bit. I'm assuming my thyroid tested ok, because they never called me with the results, but I'm going to find out what the numbers were.

Maggie

Maggie - You're out of the first trimester, so I would think that 22 lbs at this point is pretty good. If you have 22 weeks left (almost halfway done!!), you could gain a pound a week and still be at your lowest gain... (just a mellow optimist way of looking at it ;-) ) I know what you mean about not wanting to get stuck with a lot of weight to lose, but your baby needs to grow steadily, so if you're eating healthy and managing to walk (let alone any additional workouts) as much as energy allows, you can't do much more... I'll be sending you some thoughts and happy baby wishes - hang in there!

My brother from Boston wanted to surprise our father for his 65th birthday (which was last week. He and his wife and two girls (5 and 2) drove here Friday. We told my dad we were just having a cookout so my parents came over and we surprised him. He was so shocked he actually cried (not in front of us - he had to leave to go stand on the front porch for a few minutes) We rarely get everyone together, so it was a great weekend for all of us.

I was sick all day today. I spent days cleaning and reorganizing the house to hold all the people that needed to come and stay over, then shopped and cooked for the party and guest meals. I'm aching all over with a headache and nausea - like a hangover, without all the fun drinking :D Probably should have had more water to drink, now that I think of it.

Which leads me to our next crisis - both of our wells went dry last week, so we have no water! Can you believe it?! We don't have public water, but haven't had a problem since we moved here. Then, a week before company, I turn on the tap and NOTHING comes out!! What a PIA... We've had two different service calls, but are still waiting to see if the water comes back. I have never had to deal with this kind of problem and have NO idea what to do next. I'd be freaking out, but I'm too tired right now. Maybe tomorrow...

Last week, we really used the stroller a lot:

sunday - sick
monday - walk with stroller and dog 3 miles
Tuesday - walk with stroller and dog 3 miles
Wednesday - cleaning and Circuit Max
Thursday - cleaning and walk with stroller 3 miles
Friday - cleaned, shopped, cooked, company came
Saturday - hostessing my butt off
Sunday - sick (what a pattern for Sunday's!)

SIL (from Boston) does triathalons, so we had some motivating conversations. I am so impressed by her training and results! It made me want to step it up a bit to see if I could do that, too...well, maybe not today, but we'll see :D At least I can try a little harder to workout after work.

Have a great week, everyone!

Hello to all! I was ridiculously busy with work last week, so posting on here fell by the wayside. It probably would have this week too, but I'm making time right now to post.

Maggie, I'm about a week ahead of you, and I've only felt a couple of taps here and there. Keep checking the responses in this post, we will do our best to assure you all is well. :)

Melanie, I am very familiar with the thought of "Do I work out or take a nap?" So far, the workouts have been winning that battle.

Here were my workouts last week:

Sun: Rock Steady Step Warmup through Section 2, then IMax 3 Step Only
Mon: Stationary bike, 16 miles
Tue: Off
Wed: Supersets
Thu: 4 mile run
Fri: 1 mile walk
Sat: BC/ME premix

I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Hi ladies!

Mel great job on doing IMAX3 - heck I don't even know if I'll be able to do that workout post partum so kudos to you for doing it at 24 weeks!!!

Maggie I'm so sorry that your feeling so down. I'll keep you in my prayers. Your 1/2 way through your pregnancy already and 22lbs isn't that bad. I know that you'll lose all the baby weight that you gain. You amaze me - you've gained 80 in the past, you'll certainly lose it again.

Sandra - what can I say? Your workouts look great as usual.

Gracenote - have you gotten the problems with your wells resolved? When we were first building our house, we had to live in a trailer that was on the property. There were 2 wells on the property. The well that we had to use with the trailer wasn't as deep as the other one and we often would run out of water. We would have to make sure that we showered in the a.m. if I wanted to do laundry later that day. When my DH completed our new home, we switched to the other well. The first month we were in the house we ran out of water. Thank goodness the problem was that the pump broke. I hope that you get everything resolved soon.

Well my week was crappy. I started out with the mind-frame that I was going to do everything in the rotation, ha!!!
Monday - Push/Pull
Tues&Wed: walked 1 mile
Thurs: nothing
Friday: nothing, our power went out
Saturday: walked 2 miles, push mowed the lawn for 30 minutes

I really think that I over did it on Saturday. I got up at 8:00 and made my family breakfast and then I started my cleaning. I cleaned non-stop from about 9:00-1:00 (also doing 2 loads of laundry during that time). I got a shower at 1:00 and headed over to my mom's house. We took my son bike riding and we walked 2 miles while he rode his bike. Then I dropped my mom off and went home - push mowed the lawn for a 1/2 hour but I had to stop, I was sore and drenched in sweat. I sat down for about a 1/2 hour and then went upstairs and totally cleaned our bedroom. After that I went grocery shopping, I didn't even get my DH and my DS supper til 10:00 pm. I was wiped out but I couldn't sleep b/c my back and my pelvic bone hurt so bad. So yesterday I relaxed!!!

I had my dr appt on Friday and my glucose test came back ok. I do have very low iron though so I"m taking iron supplements and am supposed to increase my iron fortified foods. So hard though since I have no appetite. I didn't gain any weight since last appt and I"m measuring at 31 weeks. Baby was very active and his heartbeat was between 140-150.

Have a good week everyone and I hope to have a more eventful upcoming week.

Well I had great aspirations - but my MIL & SIL came in town thursday so that messed me up. I thought I would have time for at least 2 workouts from F-Sun but didn't so it ended up being a light week. It started out ssooo good, oh well!

Monday: High Step Circuit

Tuesday: Low Max 4-7

Wednesday-Sunday: family time so no workouts

I hope to have a better week this week, and should seeing as they are splitting on thursday. I love seeing them, but I have not enough time in the day to do everything, darn it! Hope all of you are doing well!

Again, thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I think I'm just kind of hormonal right now:p :p .

Gracenote-what a supreme bummer about your well. How are you surviving without water? It's just something I take for granted. I hope that problem gets resolved quickly. I'm glad the party for your dad went so well.

Hi Adrienne--glad to see you back and I am amazed that you are still running at almost 20 weeks--way to go.

Dana--sounds like you did over do it a bit on Saturday--easy to do, I think because we are just used to doing whatever we feel like and sometimes pregnant bodies just say, "ENOUGH". Glad your glucose test went well. Can you tolerate raw spinach? I've been adding it to my salad and sandwiches (in place of lettuce). Also, I eat raisin bran every morning and it is iron fortified. I tend to get low on my iron also and am trying to be proactive about it.

Hi Julie--Hope you enjoyed your visit with your in-laws. I love my mother in law and my brother's wife, but my husband's sister kind of gets on my nerves}(

take care everyone!
Maggie

Monday: walk 4 miles with sisters-in-law on vacation
Tuesday: walk a bit; nothing much (still on vacation)
Wednesday: drive home/nothing
Thursday: gym for 45 minutes
Friday: Body Fusion (this makes me sweat like a pig; isn't this supposed to be intermediate?)
Saturday: house cleaning and walk 3.5 miles
Sunday: Work in yard (pulled weeds, moved a brick pile). I am totally counting this as a workout-- i was totally out of breath, and my arms hurt.

I think it was Dana that posted about her morning of cleaning on Saturday- I did about the same. I couldn't help myself. I literally scrubbed down the baseboards, door jambs, and moulding in 2 bed rooms, 2 halls and two sets of stairs.

have a good week everyone.

Hi everyone. I had a pretty good week. I saw the doctor and had only gained a half-pound since my last appointment. I was worried that the doc would tell me to take it easy, but she said she exercised quite a bit during her own pregnancy and was very supportive when I told her what I was doing (which is pretty moderate--30-45 minutes 5 days a week). I expect that the weight gain is gonna hit me all at once so I am enjoying not being too huge for a little longer. So here's my week:

Sunday: off
Monday: Body Fusion
Tuesday: Low Max step portions only + Stability Ball abs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Muscle Endurance
Friday: SJP step portion only + planks
Saturday: C & W (no abs)

Maggie, I feel for you. I have been very emotional and down myself these past few days. I feel comforted when I remind myself that it's just the hormones, but still, it's hard when all of a sudden everything seems so hopeless. But my goodness, you are still doing Bodymax! Even as a civilian I passed on doing the whole thing.

Kristan, I agree with you about Body Fusion. I just got it a few weeks ago. I thought it would be so easy for me but it always gets me sweating like crazy.

LISTEN UP MAGGIE

Imagine feeling a bit "hormonal" while being pregnant;) ;) ;)

I just happen to read through this thread to catch up on my prego buddies and caught your dilema Maggie.

So listen up girlfriend: Fear is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FROM satan. He's not happy about another little life growing in you and getting to the kingdom of heaven one day so he's going to make you afraid and fearful through this whole pregnancy with his little fear darts aimed your way. And that is the only reason you have these little fear attacks Correct???? Correct. So since you've identified this little irritation we can all pray against it and deflect these little darts and that's what I'm going to do.

One of my closest friends just had her 8th baby and EVERY birth she goes through she has a great deal of worry about the birth (which is always at home). We both do (when we get near that point). I hadn't talked to her for a few weeks with this last baby and I called right around when I knew it was due, she said she had had several contractions the night before, but nothing now and she began to tell me AGAIN that she was scared about going into labor and something happening (fear darts from the enemy big time). I gave her the whole lecture regarding the fears and my story of my last birth where I had completely "lost it" and had no sleep and contractions for a week and at night I began to go into labor and I was a complete basket case and then a friend of mine up north began to pray for me and all the sudden I completely changed and labor was a breeze and I literally "felt" those prayers and "knew there was absolutely nothing wrong with the baby" (we had been VERY scared that the cord wrapped around his head since he had turned breech over and over and over). I told her I'd pray and she asked others to pray and she delivered that baby about an hour later and said it was her easiest birth ever.

So we are all commiting to pray for Maggie throughout this pregnancy and just know that satan will continue to bug you, but keep letting us know when it gets bad and we'll pray extra hard okay Maggie. Every thing IS fine and on the physical side of things...it is early and many times depending on the placenta position, you won't feel as much.

And I'm not even going to get started on the weight thing girl!!! You are doing great and you can work that weight off LATER!!!! Just think....in heaven we will get eternal bodies with huge bicep veins...I just know it!!

Briee (the very long winded)

Hey Mel

Almost forgot to add.....IMAX III while pregnant.....you cardio overachiever you. You're amazing!!

Briee

RE: Hey Mel

Briee, what awesome encouraging & wise words you've said!!! Yahoo! Yeah!!!
BTW, can I hope our Lord has a 6pack washboard abs in heaven. Yeah!!!

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Briee--

Thanks for the enouragement. Of course that is the real source of my fear. The evil one definitely know my weak points. And pregnancy is a very, very hard time for me. I worry more about my kids in the 9 months they reside in my body than at any other time.

I did end up going in because I thought I might have a sinus infection (I don't). They checked the heartbeat and everything sounded fine and we could "hear" the baby moving even though I could not feel it. I know if something dreadful happened (because it does happen sometimes) the Lord would give me the grace to handle it at the time, but not a spirit of fear.

Oh does pregnancy put my faith to the test like nothing else.

I'm looking forward to that heavenly hard body, 'cause it ain't happening here:p :p

Maggie:)

Maggie...I'm so glad to hear that all sounded fine at the doctor's office and you're right things can happen and God does give us the ability to handle it. I've always hated reading things like Foxes book of Martyr's because what can't be explained is that through these torturous times one can't see or describe what the person going through it received by way of heavenly grace and supernatural peace. We can't imagine it until we are at the point where God GIVES this incredible grace to get through it.

We'll keep praying for ya. I've been having my own battle with this huge building project and worrying about money etc. to the point that I can't sleep at night. What is it about the night that makes ya worry so intensely. I've had to remind myself continually that this fear is from Satan and we are doing this to help my mom and whatever happens will happen and God will direct us through it. We have not gone into debt at all, but we have a long way to go yet to finish. God's in control, God's in control, God's in control. I say this all night long!!

Briee (Mel....we will also have a heavenly 6 pack - I think that's biblical - I'll try to find it soon as I get a moment)

I'm positive that Jesus himself has a 6 pack (and that bicep vein thingie). :D :D

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Ok you gals are KILLING ME!!! I've never heard someone ponder if Jesus has a 6 pack or not! To funny! I think since He's God - He would have an 8 pack ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.