♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be - MARCH ROLL CALL ♥♥♥

Liann

Cathlete
Ok, where are we all at? Literally and in our pregnancies? Just a few more days and I'll be entering my 6th month. Can't believe it! I'm finally starting to look "pregnant". Now, I cannot go anywhere without getting the four main questions -
Are you excited?
Is this your first?
Do you know what you are having?
Have you picked out a name?

I honestly got asked all 4 of those about 6 times yesterday. I need a shirt that just says "Duh, yes, yes a baby, no".

Next appointment is an Echocardiogram on the 11th to check out the baby's heart. Then on the 20th, I'm getting my 3D/4D ultrasound.

What's everyone else up to?

Hey,

I'm here! Almost 18 weeks and I too am really starting to feel pregnant. It's starting to sink and I'm getting more and more excited. Except for the constipation! This monday is my second trimester sonogram and I will be finding out what it is! Yay....
I'm feeling really good but the other night around 1230 midnight I woke up my husband and told him I wanted large fries and a vanilla milkshake with a double cheeseburger. It was so good because I was craving it for days and just finally gave in. My first true craving since being pregnant. Well worth it..

So far I've gained 8 lbs but I'm still wearing most of my clothes. I caved and bought a pair of materntiy jeans from the gap for 69 bucks. I was so reluctant to spend the money but they are sooo comfortable. I swear I wear them almost everyday.

The questions I get are:
When is your due date?
Was this planned? Thats a weird one...

I'm still working out about 5 days a week, When I go to the gym people a look at me like I have 2 heads. Whatever... My diet is still pretty much the same. I just cave in more quickly to certain foods that I have only on cheat days before.

Liann:
Are you getting any mild contractions? I am
Do you sometimes forget to take your prenatal vitamin? I do

I think people just want to relate to the pregnancy but have no clue what to say so they ask questions. Sometimes dumb ones.

I feel for you with the constipation. I've dealt with it this whole pregnancy. I finally had to make changes to my diet to correct the problem.

3D/4D ultrasounds are so cool. I hope you get some good pictures of your little one.

I'm feeling really good. Just waiting for this little one to make his appearance.

Kendra:

When is your baby coming?

I am going to the bathroom everyday but it hurts because it's hard and big.(Sorry)

Liann:

My insurance would not pay for 3d ultra sono lucky you.

WW - I've gotten the "Was this planned" question too. I just want to respond "No, it was a horrible mistake" and see what they say. I don't know if I'm getting contractions or not, but I do get cramping from time to time. I've woken up at least two nights with period type cramping that wasn't "horrible" but didn't feel good either. And I forgot to take my prenatal last night! ;) Oh, and my insurance doesn't cover the 3D/4D ultrasounds either. It's a completely elective thing that you actually schedule at a private business that just does them. It's not a hospital type setting, more of a prenatal photo-studio. It's going to run me about $160, but I get a CD full of pictures and a DVD with a 35 minute movie of the little gal moving around. It's my one big splurge since it's my first. And I get to bring a bunch of people with me - my parents, hubby, sister, and two nieces.

Kendra - Any day now!!! I bet you are ready! :) Yeah, I go easy on them because I know they are just trying to make conversation. ;)

I got my ultrasound at a private business too. It was so nice. The lady took so much time with me and I love the pictures I got an the DVD. It was worth the money.

I'm due March 15.

Hi Ladies!!

I thought I would try to start checking in too. I'm in my 19th week and feeling pretty good at the moment. I'm also starting to look pregnant (got 3 comments about my belly yesterday at work), and broke down and started wearing maternity clothes over the past week. I'm working out 5 times a week - mostly cardio with one day of legs and one day of upper body weights.

We have a routine ultrasound in 2 weeks and we can find out then whether we're having a boy or girl. But my husband isn't sure he wants to know (it's our first baby). Why did you decide to find out/not find out what you're having? I'm just curious to know how other people made up their minds.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend. We're excited to finally see some sunshine around here :)

-Carrie

Carrie - I wanted to know because I wanted to get my nursery all put together and buy clothing etc... I didn't want to have to do everything generic to accommodate either a boy or a girl. I have had so much fun buying cute little dresses and decorating the nursery in butterflies etc. All things I wouldn't have been able to do if I had kept the sex a surprise. Some people really enjoy the surprise though. It just wasn't for me.

Liann - Thanks for your response. I don't think the surprise is for me either, but I'm trying to see things from my husband's perspective. I actually hadn't even thought that much about the nursery - I want to know to help narrow down the names we have to pick from. I can't even come up with good names for my pets, so the thought of having to think of both a boy's name and girl's name is enough to make me want to know!

-Carrie

I want to know what the sex of my baby because I'm having such a hard time with names.
Just when I think I got it all figured out I hear another name that I like and then change my mind and just like Liann I want to know what to buy I really dont like generic colored clothing plus my husband and I are just nosey. Today I do have a sono scheduled so hopefully by 230pm I will know!!!!

On Sunday I ate gargonzola cheese with my salad and I was a nervouse wreck all day because then I looked it up and saw your not suppose to eat it. I hope everthing is okay.

WW - I'm sure you'll be fine with the cheese. I'd be worried if you were making a steady diet of it, but once isn't going to do anything. ;) Hopefully the baby will be cooperative today and you'll get to find out the sex! :) I've been shopping like a mad woman since I found out I was having a girl. I picked up some adorable little dresses at Kohls yesterday and a little ceramic bunny to go on the shelf in the nursery. I am pathetic! DH said this baby is going to be spoiled rotten. ;)

Liann-Oh thanks for your words of encouragement.

When is your due date again? Mine is aug 08. I hope he/she cooperates too. You know I havent bought a thing yet. I'm gonna try to buy as little as possible because when I had my daughter 4 years ago I bought soo much stuff. Then I had a baby shower and I was so overwhelmed with all the things that I received. I had to return some things. It was crazy all the gifts I had in my house. So I only plan to buy the esstentials.

But this is your first baby so you should go above and beyond. There so many beautiful things for little girls!

WW - I'm due June 28th. My sister is going to throw me a shower, but it's going to be pretty small, so I am not expecting a lot. We've been buying stuff as it's been coming on sale. A good tactic is to go to Babies r us and buy something small, then they give you one of those little coupon books and you can come back later and buy a big item with the 20% off coupon you get. I bought my car seat stroller set and breast pump that way. ;)

Today is my due date. I'm still pregnancy but feeling really good. I was just thinking how much better shape I am in that I was during my other pregnancies. I can still bend over and cross my legs.This morning I weighed 148lbs. During my other pregnancies I weighed about 235 at this point.

Wow! Latricia thats awesome! Thats what I'm shooting for too. I'm 19 weeks today and weigh 134lbs. I dont know how much I weighed the last time at this point but I'm still fitting into some of my stuff like my shirts. My jeans I could still pull up but cant button. I use that bella band thing which is great. I do know that when I checked in to have my last one I weighed 205lbs and I'm only 5'2.

Laticia- do you have any back pain? I do,it's in my pelvic area and goes right into my butt. Just wondering if anyone else does? Anyway good luck to you and your baby and I wish you a safe a quick and happy delivery!!!!!

Kendra - I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear some news. :) I'm not even going to mention what I weigh right now and I'm only 25 weeks.

WW - I'm not having too much back pain, but I'm with you on the butt pain. Sometimes, it feels like my tailbone is bruised and yesterday my hips were kind of achy.

My 3D/4D ultrasound is this Saturday! I can't wait!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.