♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be - JULY ROLL CALL ♥♥♥

Liann

Cathlete
How we doing ladies??? I'm actually feeling really good surprisingly. I don't have any pregnancy related issues going on - no back pain, no swelling, no nothing. I probably feel better now than I have in a long time. People keep telling me I must be miserable, but I'm really doing ok. Maybe this is my body's way of saying "sorry" for dragging out this pregnancy! ;) I rescheduled my induction for Wednesday to give her a few more days to come on her own. I will not be surprised at this point if she just waits until Wednesday though. I'll be about 2 days past 41 weeks then. How's everyone else holding up?

Is it really July already?? Now my due date is less than a month away (8/3). I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy has flown by!! My husband and I are almost ready - we still have to finish some things with the nursery, buy a few odds and ends, and learn how to get the car seat in to the car. And eventually I should probably pack a bag and pre-register at the hospital, but it seems to me like I still have all the time in the world to do that stuff. I know she could come early, but I have a feeling she'll either be right on time, or late since she's my first one.

I'm still doing well. I don't feel bad at all. My feet do swell on the hot days, but they don't hurt. Bending over to tie my shoes is getting harder and painting my toenails a few days ago was surprisingly difficult :)

Liann, I really hope everything goes well for you this week. I know you'll be busy for awhile after you deliver, but you'll have to post some pictures for us when you can. I'm really excited for you!! Good Luck!!

Carrie

Liann

Hi Liann! How are you doing?! Hope everything is going well for you. Please keep us posted.

Lourdes

LOL! Tell me about it Melanie!!! It certainly feels like it!!! Hard to believe at one point we were pregnant at the same time. Are the girls 2 yet??? ;)

Thank you for the welcome ladies!! :D

Liann ~ Sending L&D vibes your way. I hope it is as easy as possible for you!
:)

Carrie ~ Glad you are doing well. :) We had to have help with the car seat when we were discharged with our first, but we finally got it. You'll be a pro in no time.

I am so tired. I've been super busy for a month with my DD's recital, vacation, out-of-town company, Six Flags, & the 4th festivities. I need a sleep vacation. ;) I'm 18W 2 D today & doing well. I am pretty sure my uterus has shifted since I'm not having urinary retention or hesitancy & the baby's easy to find now. I gave up yoga b/c I have mostly power yoga DVDs that I don't want to attempt to modify. Maybe I'll order a prenatal yoga DVD. I've been doing The Bar Method & walking which is just perfect for me now.

Hi to everyone! Have a great week!

Hi Everyone,

I am in my 13th week. This is the week we will tell parents. I am feeling less tired for sure but at times I just want to sleep. I have noticed in the last week that when I feel I need to eat I need to eat right now, no waiting to make something. As far as I can tell on my scale I have gained 1 1/2-2 lbs so far. I am scared I am losing muscle and gaining fat. I hope not. I am not supposed to gain any extra weight because I have had previous back surgery. I see the doctor again on July 26th. I suppose that is the time I will have to make decisions about various testings. Still wondering what the heck I have gotten myself into!!

Lian - good luck this week. Do you have her name picked out? I ran the name Presley by my boyfriend but he totally did not like it??? I really feel he will only have 20% input on the name. We wil see!

Autumn - Wow you are busy. Too bad I can't take a nap for you since I have no children and have to summer off! Hope you get a good rest one day soon.

Carrie - you are on your first child. Me too. Did you find out that it was a girl? I don't think I will find out what the sex is. I do want a girl though. I have a long way to go.....mid january! This process sure takes a long time.

Have a great week ladies!!

Winter

Winter - I think Presley is a cute name. I like different names. We are going with Akadia for our little girl. So you can see we like "different"! ;) I haven't told any of my family the name yet because I know they are all going to turn their noses up at it. Oh well, I think Akadia Harber sounds cool, so there! ;) I know what you mean about having to eat right then. When I was in my first and second tri, I had to eat the second I started feeling hungry. If I didn't, I got these horrible stomach cramps. I thought I was going to gain a ton of weight because I was eating so much, but she must have needed it. I never ended up gaining all that much.

P.s. I think it's kind of cool that we have an "Autumn" and "Winter" checking in. We just need a Summer now. ;) Actually, Summer and Autumn are both names we considered for a while there.

Hey everyone sorry I am late but since I've been home I find it so hard to get on the computer....
How is everyone doing? This heat is unbearable. They said 100 degrees today!!! I went out earlier this morning and I though someone was trying to suffocate me. I couldnt breathe..
I quickly came back in. So today is an indoor day for me.
I am 35 weeks and feeling pretty good but really sleepy in the late afternoons. I'm also getting over a cold from last week and that was not fun. I'm getting alot more intense braxton hicks now and my feet are also becoming more swollen from the heat. My day is Aug 3 I have to be in the hospital by 7am. I am hoping she will be here on her own by then if not out she comes. She is still moving around a lot and hard too.
Glad to hear eveyone is feeling good. Have a great cool day!
Liann-I be thinking of you tomorrow!
Carrie-I cant even shave my legs. Lol!
Are you ladies plan on breastfeeding?
Autumn-Glad to hear you are doing well with the pregnancy. Wow you sue have been busy. You need some down time! LOL
WInter-Wow Jan does seem so far away but it will be here before you know so enjoy..

Wow, by this time tomorrow Liann may have had her little girl!! I like the name Akadia - it's really pretty. How exciting!!!!

So good to hear that you're all doing well. Hope everyone has a great week and I can't wait to see pictures of Akadia soon!

Carrie

She's here ladies!!! Born at 4:43 p.m. today. She was 7 pounds, 11 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. Sorry the picture is HUGE. I don't have any software here at the hospital to resize it.

Akadia Lakeyn
IMG_1580.jpg

Liann..Akadia is absolutely beautiful!! Her name is so unique. How did you come up with it? I hope you are feeling well! Congratulations!! :)

**Sorry to barge into your check-in ladies**

Last edited:
Chastity - We wanted something "unique". I started looking at names of places and national parks and came across Acadia National Park. I mentioned the name Acadia to DH and he LOVED it. I later found out it was also the name of a car, so we changed the "c" to a "k" to differentiate it.

YAY....SHE'S ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL LIANN!!! How's the new mommy feeling? I'm happy to hear everything whent well for you. :)

Lourdes

OMG she is sooo cute. So precious! How will you ever stop holding her?

Congratulations!!! Akadia is a gorgeous name!

Congratulations, Liann! Akadia is absolutely gorgeous!!! (I was in Acadia Nat Park several years ago and it was beautiful there, and the name is beautiful)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.