mommies with babies

chefkate

Cathlete
do any of you (maybe becky) still feel post-partum???
i dont, which i guess is a good thing:)

julia slept great last night - i did too! she went 8p-4a, nursed, slept til 7. i could get used to this! usually shes up between 2-3 to nurse.

big girls have today off! yay!!

i did sts4 & classical stretch last night. i was up kind of late getting it done but it felt so good!
cardio & stretching today. maybe vc, maybe step

Hello ladies.

Kate, I am 5 weeks pp, and some parts of me feel it and others don't. DH and I tried to get back in the saddle last week and that quite work out so well. :eek: We may try it again this week sometime if Zoey cooperates and naps a bit in the evening. I'm also working my kegels...I still don't feel as strong down there. My cardio and strength have improved though. I did DrillMax (full version) today and the drills were MUCH more doable than they were the week before last. I remember last time when the stability ball drill came on I thought my arms would fall off...this time, I wondered where that feeling had gone!

Lisa, oh I want a massage! DH and I didn't exchange V day gifts this year...plus my mom and brother were here anyway. Sounds like good motivation! But now that your back is acting up, maybe you should use it now.

Maggie, you and Kate are getting me so excited to start STS. I am going to try to get some 1RMs in tonight when DH gets home from work.

Like I mentioned, I did DrillMax today and then tacked on Ab Circuits Pilates abs. Yesterday ened up not completely being a rest day, but it wasn't hardcore. Mom and I went for an hour-long good paced walk. She pushed Zoey and I wore my new Cathe weighted vest. Then we did partner abs. DH said I probably shouldn't do that ab routine until we move and I have a workout room because he was afraid I was going to throw the med ball into our living room tv...I am clumsy, so it isn't too far fetched. :eek:

I may take Z for a walk today too...it looks nice out. Oh, mom and I went to Gymboree yesterday and they're having a big baby sale...thought I'd pass that along.

Becky

Hi ladies!! Quick post for now. Another work day. Done pumping, but feeding baby now.

The only thing that feels pp to me is my weight and body!!:eek:

Walked yesterday since back is still tweaked, but getting better.

BBL for personals.

Lisa

HI ladies--so when does the post partum period officially end? You'd think after 7 bambinos, I'd know the answer to that question:confused::eek::p!

But hey--I'm totally fine with "mommies with babies", cuz that's true. Mine's getting her first tooth and more cranky than normal--she's pretty mellow overall.

I decided to do the 6 month STS rotation instead of the 3 1/2, so I'll do each week twice before moving on. I'm afraid that increasing my weights every week will make my injury prone body, well, injured, so I like the slower pace a bit more. Glad I found that option.

Today was Lowmax. My butt is still sore from last Thursday's leg workout. tomorrow is M1 Disk 1 CSB again and yoga abs. My eating is going well and I"m peeing off all the "carb" induced wated from this weekend's awful eating.

Kate--are you doing STS along with Cathe? Wasn't that going to start today?

Becky--you are only 5 weeks pp--wow--you are bouncing back fast in terms of your workouts--that's great. Boy do I feel my age:p. I'm loving STS and the 1 rep maxes are really fun because the calculator does all the work:D.

Lisa--here's to rapid recovery on your back:). My weight definitely feelspost partum too, and my sharpay (spelling) tummy--you know those wrinkly dogs?

Hi everyone else!

Maggie:)

Hi everyone!

I am with Lisa the only thing that feels pp is my body:eek:

Becky-good job on drillmax!! I already took advantage of the baby sale at gymboree:)

Kate-my boys are home today too. Destroying the house:D

Tonight I am going to dinner w/a couple of friends to celebrate my b-day which was on Sat. I was planning on taking Ryder but Mike said he would watch him. I have never left him yet so I am a little nervous:( I don't know why since he will be with his dad. Wish me luck

Candra

Hi ladies!
Kate--I like the new post title, but I agree, my body is definitely pp. Oh well. Working on that!!

Becky--You are doing great for 5 weeks pp!! Yay on the baby stuff sale! I love Gymboree. I shop their online sales for shirts for the boys. Their stuff is very well made/sturdy.

Lisa--Hope your back is feeling better soon!

Maggie--I didn't know you could pee off carbs. I need to do that!! THis weekend I ate horribly too. And yesterday there was no school, so we baked cookies. :confused: That's never a good thing. Oh well. Today is a new day!! So, do you think STS is worth the money? Did you buy the entire set? Do you have a squat rack and all of the equipment they use? (sorry for all of the questions... just curious)

Candra--Have fun at dinner tonight! Don't worry about Ryder; he'll be fine with your dh, and they will get some "bonding" time. I got sick the week before Christmas, and couldn't get out of bed for three days. My DH did EVERYTHING for Charlie, and now they are best buds. I regret not giving him more alone time with our other boys so they could have had such a strong early bond.

Well, I ran a mile last night and did most of the upper body premix to 4DS (Had to quit early to tuck the boys in bed). I have no DOMS today, just a little sore in the chest area, so I hope that it worked. I may need to get some heavier weights. But I have NO place to put them. Oh well. I'll make due with what I have. Today the eating is cleaner. I've discovered that scrambling a handful of fresh spinach in with my Egg Beaters and adding a little fat free cheese is SUCH a yummy bfast!

Hope you guys have a great day!!

Hi ladies--today was STS disk 1 again (I'm doing the 6 month rotation). The transitions went much more smoothly and I was able to do more of the push ups on my toes--but still many on my knees.

Hi Candra--Happy Birthday and enjoy your dinner--Ryder is in good hands, although I find that daddies always do things a bit....differently....not wrong, just different:p.

Hi Stephanie--I wish I could pee off carbs too:p:D. I meant the water weight associated with a high carb/evil food weekend. Hey keep finding those clean yummy recipes. They've been a life saver to me this time around. Good job on the mile run!

Hi everyone else!

Maggie:)

becky, at 5 wks i def felt pp!!!! id barely left the house! shoot. with my 1st i was pp for a year!:p
i did a little gymoreeing myself!:eek:

hello lisa!

maggie, im on disk5 but im thinkiing im going to restart back to 1. im not happy w/ how my eating has been. im so stressed its crazy. i need a do-over:p.

candra, how was dinner out! lucky duck!:D

stephanie, cookies attacked me today! i hang my head in shame:eek:
great wo's! i love the 4ds weight work. ff's dec rot w/ it was fantastic!

crazy stressful night here. relaxing in the dark nursing julia right now. i love our hour together every night. relaxes me.:)
did ellip last night. sts5 tonight.

Hi ladies. Today was Cardio Fusion followed by STS med ball abs (no partner). Then we went to get my head measured for my cap and graduation regalia. Exciting.

Candra, hope dinner went well.

Stepanie, your omlet sound delish.

Maggie, glad you're liking the 6 month rotation. I may do 3 months...a change up couple of months then 3 months more of STS.

Kate, hope the stress cuts down.

Have a great night everyone!

Becky

Becky, You must be so excited to graduate!!! WTG!!!!
CF 5 weeks PP!!!! You're a machine!:D

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... no WO.
too stressed. I did payroll. WOO HOO! NOT!:p

WEDNESDAY WILL BE WONDERFUL!!!!

I always feel pp is till about 6 months.. not sure why, but it makes sense in my mind. LOL

Becky~just keep trying. The first 3 times for DH and I were sore/rough, but then it got way better and now I cant get enough. I actually want it all the time and that has never happened pp before. Great workouts! I'll have to check out gymboree! How exciting for you on graduation!! Make sure to get pics and post them!

Howdy Maggie! Got a totally non workout related question for you. Have you seen fireproof yet? Noticed your bible verse in your post and thought I'd ask. WE saw it 2 weeks ago and it was an awesome message. Cried like a baby several times.

Candra~I hope your dinner went well. DH will do great w/ the baby and you'll enjoy the time away. I is always hard to leave them, but then you will relax and have fun.

Stephanie~that does sound yummy!! oh I will have to try that!

Today I did Imax2 and then this evening I did 45 mins on the elliptical. I just needed to get some stress out and so when Sara was zonked I got a second workout in. I HAVE got to lose this weight. I am so bummed w/ myself. It's got to be the eating beucase I ahve been working out a lot. grrr

Anyway things have been getting easier with Sara. She goes to bed about 8 every night and last night she slept till almost 4. She did wake at 2 and I gave her the binkie and she went back out without eating. I hope this coninues. She also has been on a napping schedule all last week. She is so much fun too with the interacting and laughing at me. I could eat her up!!

Kate~

Kate - I hope Wednesday does treat you better!
Maggie - I am feeling my age and being prone to injuries also!
Candra - Happy B-lated Birthday! Hope you had a good dinner.
Steph - Hi there!! I'm trying to eat cleaner also. Some days are good, others blah. Or I should say some meals are good, snacks are blah, lol!
Trish - Yay on the sleeping for long stretches! What is everyone's secret on this? Mine is going 4-5 hr stretches to I guess that's not bad.

I am having an okay day. No WO but I am trying to be good and relax since my back started hurting more after I tried pushing it yesterday with the uphill walk. I think I should be good by tomorrow, I hope. Ate clean all day then caved into sugar cookies my kids made with my mil. Dang it! I am back to work tomorrow again. At least I got my milk already although I might pump a little more in the morning. If anyone wants a good sweet treat that is low-fat and pretty good for you, try the Yoplait Raspberry yogurt! Mmmm...I think next time I'll freeze it so it'll feel like I'm eating ice cream. Okay, better get going. Baby is asleep and I have some work to do. Fun!

Lisa

trish, im jealous of your sex drive! i have ZERO while nursing. less than zero actually. more like negative 1000! the thought makes me gag!:p
^5 sara!!!! i loooove to sleep! so nice when baby cooperayes!;):D
you got some great wo's in! unfortunately, it is all in the eats:(. yday was a badbadbad eating day. fortuunately the scale is unchanged:D. thank goodness! scared me ino eating 200% clean today!:eek:

lisa, i have no sleep secrets....she just fell into it:confused::cool:.
rest that back!
i wish i liked yogurt...cant get past the smell. blech!

------------------
crazy-stressful day here. work issues up the wazoo.:mad:

ugh Kate that sucks about work issues. That is NO fun as if you don' thave enough to deal with raising 3 kids. Hope it gets resolved quickly for ya.

You are right it's all in the eating and today I am doing GREAT. I am dreading the girl scout cookies arriving. ick I know I'll eat those.

Lisa~no secret here either. I will tell you that this last week she got on a great napping schedule where she is up for a bit eats, plays, then naps.. then up and eats, plays a bit and naps. Seems since she started really getting good naps she started sleeping longer at night. I usually get the other kids to bed about 7-7:30 and I feed her right after that then I either hold her and talk to her or lay on the floor while she plays and as soon as she shows the first sleepy sign I change her diaper and put her in bed and this seems to work well. She will be 4m old on Friday though so it's taken some time to get to this point.

Just did a 4.5 mile run and now I need to get showered up and take my boy tot he park. I told him I would and then tonight we are going to a radio station to tour it with the cub scouts. Hunter is excited me not so much. LOL

Oh and Kate RE: sex drive. Trust me it's a mystery to me as well. I literally had none after my other kiddos.. maybe 4th is a charm? lol It could be DH being gone for 3m and I know how awful that was and now he's about to leave for a year. Trying to keep us as connected as we can be before he leaves. It's going to be a huge stressor for us.

trish, wtg on clean eating! ive hsd a good day too.
julias on the same schedule but her naps are only 40 min:mad:. havent been able to get her to go longer.
now trish!!! why on earth arent you excited to go on that field trip!?:p:eek:

Kate~LOL The radio station will be my second workout for the day beause I get to take all the kids so chasing them down the entire time I am sure will be a major workout. hehe That is why I am not looking forward to it, but otherwise it would be fun.

I have a question.. does anyone have a list of "clean" foods and what exactly is CLEAN eating? I am sure that means no junk, but what other foods are off limits? I am sitting here eating mini wheats and I think that is good because of the protein and fiber.. 6g of each per serving, but the sugar is not so great.. SO would that be a clean food? Is there a book/website to recommend for me to check out?

trish, clean eating means differentthings to different people. to me its just as natural as possible, healthy fats, treats in moderation. whole grains, lots of produce, lean meats. im not perfect for sure but i try.
a lot of people like tosca reno's book. she makes sense but goes a little overboard sometimes.
im interested in the burn the fat feed the muscle book but havent got around to purchasing it. you have to download and print it and my computer is ssssssslllllllllooooooowwwwwwwww.

Hi ladies.

Today I did Butts and Guts...wow that works ya! I tried to take Zoey for a walk...we made 1 lap around my circle (0.3 miles) and it started raining. Oh well...that B&G tired me out so it is probably good I let it go at that.

DH and I went and met with a bank today regarding getting a mortgage. Getting one isn't a problem but looks like that 4.5% might not pan out. It will be high 4s or low 5s though, so it still isn't bad. I'm hoping that by next month when we're actually going up to Ohio to look and hopefully put in an offer, the rates will be low.

Lisa, how was your first day back at work?

Trish, congrats on the good sleeper. Also re: sex, we'll try it again soon. The hard part now is having a time where we are both ready and Zoey is sleeping. The other day Zoey got up early and fell back to sleep and DH was ready to go at it, but I had just started my warm-up when DH came in the room and started to try to get it on. Maybe I should have went with it, but I had already started my workout! I feel much better once the workout is completed, but then when he gets home from work and I am ready he is fried. Hopefully this weekend.

Kate, good job on the good eating. You know, it is odd, but sometimes when I have a splurge day it kickstarts my loss. I remember before when I was losing to get into shape (3 years ago), the day after ice cream would drop me a pound. Very strange. I haven't tried that this time around though. I don't have a desire for ice cream. Cake on the other hand...but DH doesn't eat sweets so we don't have any in the house. I've been eating fruit like its going out of style though.

Anyway, have a great day!

Becky

almost forgot/.......
for the mini wheats....i do eat them on occasion too but no, not a clean food.:( bummer - i like those things! wed be better off to get reg shredded wheat and add some brown sugar to it. can control the amount better that way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.