♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be - APRIL ROLL CALL ♥♥♥

Liann

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Hard to believe we are into April now! The temps are supposed to hit the mid-80's this week! I'm going to be itching to open the pool, but I know the temps will be dipping down again soon. Seems like we always get a hot spurt and then things level out at 70 until the end of June.

I hit 28 weeks today, so only 12 weeks left! I'm finally feeling the baby move pretty consistently. Can't believe it took this long to really feel movement. Nothing too much on this weeks scheduled - just an infant CPR class tomorrow night at the Hospital and then our regular Child Prep class on Thursday. That will be it for our Child Prep course. I actually think it has been beneficial. I wasn't sure it would be worth it at first. I think DH needed it though. He's been desensitized to a lot of things that used to make him squeamish. I think he'll be a better coach now. ;)

So how's everyone doing??? Appointments, tests, etc???

Hi Liann,

I'm doing well. I'm in my 24th week and feeling really good. We found out we're having a little girl and we're very excited about it. I can feel her moving some, but it's not consistent yet. My next regular appointment is in 2 weeks, and then 2 weeks after that I go in for my glucose test and start rhogam (sp?). I'm still working out about 4-5 times a week, but I noticed a difference last week when the weather warmed up. I'm getting hot a lot easier than I used to! My due date is toward the end of July/beginning of August - I may be begging for the snow to come back by then!!

Do you like your child prep classes? I need to look in to those soon. Time keeps getting away from me......

Glad to hear you're doing well!
Carrie

Hi Carrie! Congratulations on the girl! :) You are not far behind me at all. I just did the glucose test a few weeks ago.

I have really enjoyed our child prep classes, but I know the instructor can really make all the difference. Our hospital has 2 classes going at once and one night the other instructor had to fill in for ours and she was AWFUL. Our instructor has been awesome though and we've gone through a lot of stuff that even though we may have read it before, it's just different having someone discuss it with you - you can ask questions and for some reason it's easier to ask in this setting than at the OB appointments. It's been great for getting DH involved to. He's actually "seen" a few births now and I think he is much better prepared for what is to come. They also took us on a tour as part of our course and we've met a lot of the nurses who work the OB floor. It will be nice to see some familiar faces there when our time comes.

Good morning ladies!

I'm 22 weeks and counting! Liann, I believe you and I have the same next appt date 04/16/10. Cant wait to hear my little girls heartbeat! Yes I too am loving this beautiful 70-80 degree weather. I find it so much easier to dress myself but this weekend will be in the 50's agian. YUCK! It's offical I am no longer in my regular clothes. I still can wear some of my tunic blouse's and flip flops are my best friend! But it's all about leggings and long shirt/dresses.
Tomorrow it's my b-day yay for me I'll be 36 and then April 8 it's my babies b-day she will be 5. So I'll be busy making cupcakes tomorrow night. I dont know about you ladies but I can no longer keep up with Cathe. I feel like her movements are to fast for me now and my back has been acting up so I can't do any weight moves that would compromise my back. So I've been doing some yoga and walking thats about it. I've been feeling just so lazy I cant even describe it. It will take me days to write out a check and pay a bill. I love it though because I'm usually on the go and never sit still. LOL!
I have 3 b-day parties this weekend one on saturday and 2 on sunday one is my daughters party so I guess I have a busy weekend.
Carrie- Congratulations on your little girl! Is this your first baby? I am so not looking forward to that test. Mine is coming up next week too.

Have a good week ladies and enjoy this wonderful weather...

Lily - Did you survive your weekend of parties??? Hope you had a good birthday on the 8th! :) Yes, my next appointment is Friday and then Saturday I have my 3D again. Fingers are crossed we get some good pictures. I'm nervous that the baby will not cooperate again. It's a long drive to Lancaster from here so she'd better behave! ;)

I'm looking forward to a nice prenatal massage this afternoon. If you guys haven't had one yet, they are WONDERFUL and we deserve it!!!

ooooh, a prenatal massage sounds nice. i'm just starting to get twinges of back pain here and there. i'll have to look in to that :)

Liann-I did survive thank goodness but it was pure madness! So glad it's over. Next weekend I have nothing on scedule which is great. My daughter's party was a hugh success thanks for asking. Although I have to say, some people have no party etiquette whatsoever....I am so excited for our appt. on Friday. I need to ask my doctor for any allergy meds that are ok to take. They are killing me....How was your massage? Funny you mention that my husband gave me a gift certificate to the spa for a prenatal massage and I'm thinking about going this weekend. I hope your baby girl behaves for this sono. Pls post pictures again.

Lily - Hope your appointment went well! Everything seemed to go well with mine. I am measuring exactly 30 weeks and I've gained a total of 17 pounds which isn't too bad. It took her a few minutes to find the heart beat which always makes me a little nervous, but she finally found it and it was a good 142. Blood pressure is still fine. Tomorrow's the big day for the 3D ultrasound. I'll hopefully have some good pictures to post. :)

Lily - Hope your appointment went well! Everything seemed to go well with mine. I am measuring exactly 30 weeks and I've gained a total of 17 pounds which isn't too bad. It took her a few minutes to find the heart beat which always makes me a little nervous, but she finally found it and it was a good 142. Blood pressure is still fine. Tomorrow's the big day for the 3D ultrasound. I'll hopefully have some good pictures to post. :)

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Well, here's our best pic from today. You can see a little bit of a smile here. :)

BabySmile41710.jpg

Liann-Sorry I cant see your picture until I get home I am at work now. I'm sure she is beautiful and you must have been so excited to see her. I'm glad to hear your appt went well. 17 pounds is great. I'm not to far behind you and have gained 14 pounds already. My appt went well too. I got my slip for the sugar test.The doctor also said I can take Zyrtec or Claretin so I bought Zyrtec the minute I got home and starting to feel better already.
Thank Goodness.

Cant believe your 30 weeks already!

Thanks Lulu!

Glad your appointment went well Lily! Have fun with that GD test! ;) It's not too bad, just bring some gum or something for after words to get that taste out of your mouth. I had to go to work with the taste of flat orange soda in my mouth - ick. Glad the Zyrtec is helping. Allergies are a real pain. I can't believe I am 30 weeks either. Where is the time going???

Carrie - You have an appointment this week right?

Liann - your picture is wonderful! I'm amazed at how much detail you can see on those ultrasounds.

Lily - I'm glad you survived all of your cupcakes and birthdays a few weeks ago!

I had a routine appointment Thursday and everything is fine. They did change my due date though. Initially it was 7/22, then 7/29, and now it's 8/3. But I'm feeling good, so I'm not in any hurry. I'm in my 25th week now (which is funny because they told me I was in my 25th week a few weeks ago) and they'll do my glucose test in another 3 weeks. I'm thinking of doing the 4D ultrasound too which my doctor recommends at 28 weeks.

I hope everyone is doing well at this point. I spoke to a friend of mine over the weekend. She's in her third trimester - due in the middle of June. She's had almost every pregnancy symptom you can imagine. She was nauseous for the first 2 trimesters, has had horrible heartburn, and even gets migranes that impair her vision. I feel guilty for feeling so well right now. I want everyone to have "pleasant" pregnancies!!

Hope you all have a great week!
Carrie

Thank you Carrie. I wonder who will give birth first me or you. LOL My due date is August 08. I'm 24 weeks. Glad to hear you are doing well too. Is this your first baby? I'm also thinking about having that 3D ultrsound. I'm wondering why 28 weeks though.

Liann- My doctor told me that there was no need for me to fast but not to eat anything to sugary before my exam. Do they make you wait there for an hour? Just need to plan cause they told me I had to do it between 24-28 weeks. So just wondering if I should go after work or on a saturday morning. Thanks.

Lily - Yes, they will make you wait an hour. You basically go in and they give you a cup of this flat orange-like pop that you have to drink. Then you have to sit down for an hour. They told me I couldn't drink any water or move around much during that hour so I just sat and read a book. When your hour is up, they take some blood and send you on your way. :) I didn't have to fast either, but I did it first thing in the morning anyways, so I ate breakfast when I was done.

They say the best time for the 3D ultrasound is between like 25 and 30 weeks. 28 is probably the ideal because the baby is big enough and has enough fat to actually be cute in the scan. In order to get a good picture of the baby, there has to be a space in between the face and the uterus. Once the baby gets bigger and more squished - 30 weeks and on, it would be pretty hard to get a good pic.

Carrie - I'm glad you have been feeling so good. I really haven't had a lot of problems either. I feel bad for all the girls who were throwing up for weeks and now have swollen legs etc... I've been very lucky.

anterior placenta

Hello!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!! I'm now 22 weeks pregnant and still haven't felt baby kick...I was told by the doctor during my level 2 ultrousound that the placenta was right in front so I probably wouldn't feel much kicking. I'm begining to get concern I would have thought now that I'm 22 weeks along I would have felt just a little kick! Does anybody else have or has had anterior placenta and what was your expericience as far as baby movement? Thank you!!!

Lourdes

Lourdes,

I don't know much about when you're supposed to feel kicking or how much movement there should be. I've never even heard of an anterior placenta, but it makes sense that it could "cushion" the kicks so you wouldn't feel things as much. If you're doctor said you wouldn't feel things as strongly, then I wouldn't worry - but you can ask about it again at your next appointment.

I'm close to 27 weeks, and I feel movement almost everyday, but it's not terribly strong or consistent. I'm hoping my doctor can describe what's "normal" at my next appointment in 2 weeks. I think I read somewhere that at 28 weeks you're supposed to monitor movement twice a day, and feel about 10 movements within an hour. I'm not feeling that many yet. And I'm only feeling movement early in the morning or late in the evening. I never notice anything when I'm at work. I'm trying not to drive myself crazy but over-thinking about it!

Sorry, that's probably not much help, but I'm sure you're okay. Keep us posted!
Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.