Mommas to Be-Late Feb. Check-In

jaypea

Cathlete
Hello! I've been off the radar for a while due to being very busy, but would like to continue out check-ins. I am about 6 months along (give or take 2 weeks) ,and I feel like by belly just exploded over the past few weeks. Another cold attacked me (yet again), so I haven't exercised since Tuesday. I've found that modifications are necessary at this stage of the game, so I've been using a lot of Cathe pre-mixes with lower impact. My DH and I went to our ultrasound two weeks ago, and we didn't want to find out the sex. We both think we spied a little boy part, so this will be the 3rd boy for us.
Who is still out there? How far along are you? Do you know what you are having?
Hope to hear from you!
-Jen (the cold magnet)

So funny, I was going to post today!! Great minds....

Jen, I cannot believe how sick you have been this pg! You are like a cold magnet. It must be so hard to wait to find out the sex of the baby! I have to hand it to ya : ) I hear you about the workouts, they have been very sporadic at this point, well and now, its a no go...

I am at 36 wks, but on fundal measurements and ultrasound I am at 38 wks. On Friday, I just had a regular check up, but my resting BP was 150 to 160. I got monitored for about 30min, NST baby Evan looked awesome, but the BP stayed up. They sent me to L n D just as a precaution. This is the second time. Back in late Jan. my BP after working (I do 24 hr shifts) was in the 160's. Both times it is just HTN not preeclampsia. Since my pressure was high on an off day, they I am now on modified bed rest. Plus, my cervix is already 50 % effaced, not dilated, but looks like he is progressing along. My BP at home now is 140-150's/80's, where my baseline is 110-125's. So, higher for me, but not 160/90 which is my cut off to go back. Otherwise, I feel good. Really no complaints, this has a been a great pregnancy. I just think he will be here in the next 2 weeks or so.

Enough @ me....how is everyone else??
Melanie

Hi

Hi Jen and Melanie,

I'm new to the boards here and am pregnant as well, I am 40 weeks and 6 days! Do not know if we are having a boy or girl, and this time I do not have that mothers intuition about it like I did with my daughter. (I didn't find out with her either, I just knew it!) My daughter was born 8 days before her due date and this mystery one is obviously beyond the due date....wondering if this one will be 8 days after estimated due date? (Valentine's day). Tomorrow my midwife will be sweeping the membranes, as this is non-evasive and if your body is ready to respond it will, if it's not ready it won't respond. I plan on having a non-medicated natural birth like I did with my daughter:)

Jen, do you think carrying low is a boy thing, or is that an old wives tale? My sister in law's due date was this past Wednesday and she is being induced due to her size and how low she is carrying, she's having a boy, Jack. Or do you believe the way we carry depends on our bodies and the way our ab muscles hold the baby in? I think I tend to believe the latter personally, but who knows...

Melanie, is this your first?
Take care and nice to meet you both! Good luck with the pregnancies!
Denise

Wow Melanie and Denise! Denise, you could be delivering your baby as I type:eek:! Melanie, any day for you too! It feels like my skin can't stretch any tighter, but I have a long way to go:confused:.

Denise, I stopped believing wives tales. I really think it matters on a woman's body type, ab strength. I carried both my previous two boys so differently.

I swore I would not give up on exercise mid-way through like I did with my previous two pregnancies! I won't...I just have to modify SO much. I had a ventral hernia repaired two years ago, and it's starting to get a little tender where it was repaired (I don't even want to think about it). So, no excessive jumping for this mama!

Good luck to the both of you!
-Jen

Well,
I have been on modified bed rest since last Friday d/t elevated BP > 150/80

Going to OB twice a week for non stress test, urine check, all good, baby is doing great. Not preeclampsia, just hypertension.

The BP's keep going up now 150-170/90-100's, I will be at 37 weeks on Friday. So the plan is to try to get me through the weekend and induce on Tuesday if they remain elevated. If they continue to go up, then induce sooner, if they go down (best case scenario) then we wait for spontaneous laboring.
I also have developed PUPS (puerperal urticaria of pregnancy) since last week. My arms, abdomen, and thighs are covered and itch so bad. It's like a bad case of poison ivy.

Other than that, I do feel good and just percolating this baby boy.
Melanie

Oh, Melanie!!! Hang in there...the wait is almost over. I've never heard of PUPS. I was having bad pain in hernia repair area and also from a varicose vein "down there" (oh, the glamorous side of being pregnant...). Anyway, I ordered and received this great contraption called a Bellyband. A woman invented this belt and straps to go around shoulders and straps to go "down there" to give support. As crazy as these sound, they work wonders. I didn't use the shoulder straps yet, but everything else is comfortable and very supportive. I can teach/walk around all day/exercise pain-free. I feel like my old self again:D. Boy, you don't realize how much pain you are really in until you are not in pain anymore!
Melanie-do you have any other children, or is he your first? Any names picked out?
Talk to you soon!
-Jen

Hi Jen,
Glad you are getting relief with the band!

This is our first, we are going to name him Evan Michael : )

Have a wonderful weekend.
Mel

Hi Jen and Melanie,

Jen, do you think carrying low is a boy thing, or is that an old wives tale? My sister in law's due date was this past Wednesday and she is being induced due to her size and how low she is carrying, she's having a boy, Jack. Or do you believe the way we carry depends on our bodies and the way our ab muscles hold the baby in? I think I tend to believe the latter personally, but who knows...

Denise

I am 38 weeks 3 days and carrying about a 9 lb boy! I've been carrying middle to low and all in the front. My husband told me I still don't look pregnant from the back! My abs were not very strong before I got pregnant so maybe that's why my belly sticks out so far. I can't wait to be able to workout again! Only another 11 or so days to go!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.