Marvelous Rounded Belly Mom's week of Nov 13th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi ladies! It's so awesome to hear of all these new pregnant women. Welcome to the forum!!!
This week has been uneventful for me. My boss came back Tuesday, so I'm back to my regular workouts. Friday afternoon in a sad attempt to induce labor I did KPC with 90% of intensity & jumps as Cathe. This is the workout I did the morning I delivered my last baby. It didn't work this time though. ;) Although I'm sore today. :D

Sat: Turbo Jam
Sun: Cardio Mix 1
Mon: off
Tue: Janis Saffell Turbo Jam
Wed: off
Thurs: off
Fri: KPC

Oh, I got my double stroller yesterday. Love it. :) Counting down!!!! Nine days until delivery, Two days of work left!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited!!

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hi everyone! Thanks for starting this Melanie! I am so excited for you that you are getting so close! Good for you for doing KPC at 90% intensity...at 9 months preggo..WOW!! Are your boys excited about the baby coming? (I sent you a pm earlier) You are in my thoughts and prayers as you get ready to welcome your baby.

This week was better than last for working out for me.

Sun: Low Max intervals 1-3 & lower body pilates
Mon: Hi Lo from Step Jump and Pump & lower body pilates
Tues: 20 minutes of power 90 cardio (the original easier one) & lower body pilates
Wed: Standing leg work from PS Legs and lower body pilates
Thurs: Upper body of Power Hour
Fri: Off
Sat: (today) Upper body PH and lower body piates

I am hoping to increase my cardio but it is hard because I have lost so much strength and cardio enduarance/overall fitness in the last three months. It is hard to come to terms with this loss.:-(

We had our ultrasound and my dh and I found out that we are more than likely having baby boy # 3 this time. We were surprised...for whatever reason we really thought this baby might be a daughter for us. I am actually having a hard time with this, which I didn't expect. I love my boys and am so grateful for all my children, I just have always dreamed of having a daughter. We always talked about having 4 kids, so it may still happen someday, but for now, it is probably better we found out now so we can prepare to welcome this sweet baby. Has anyone else ever felt this way? Our two little boys (almost 9 and 5) were the most sad. They really wanted a sister. They are coming around now and starting to get more excited.

I hope all is well with the rest of you. I can't wait to read how you are all doing! :)

Becca

Hi everyone. I managed just two workouts (soon to be three) this week. I started getting a sore throat a week ago, and then I just got too tired to do much of anything. On Wednesday, I saw a doctor and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I was perscribed amoxycillin, and I'm on the mend.
So, the only workouts I was able to do this week were...

Sunday - 30 minutes stationary bike
Friday - Step and weights premix from SJP
Saturday - IMAX3 step portion only

Melanie - I like the idea of trying KPC to start labor. I hope this week is a "productive" one for you. :D

Beccat - Do you do the lower body pilates on your own, or do you use a video?

To those of you who have had babies before: Were you ever told by your OB or midwife to stop working out during your ninth month? Some of the women I know were told to stop, others worked out up until the day they delivered. Just wondering...

I look forward to reading everyone else's posts. I hope you are all feeling well.

well, the nausea has really been rough the last few days. it is so funny, though, b/c then, i will have a couple normal hours, and think "great, i can do this>" but no, right back to reality.

my workouts this week felt really hard even though they are no different.
sunday - run 7 miles
monday - run 6 miles, 35 minutes strength work
tuesday - run 7 miles
wednesday - 60 min on eliptical, muscle endurance
thursday - run 7 miles
friday - run 6 miles, 40 minutes strength training
saturday - total body conditioning class, low max

on an aside, did anyone have their home water tested before or during pregnancy? and if so, for what? i know i read somewhere i should, but i have forgotten all details.

melanie, i hope i can jump by month 9. great job! good luck getting to labor soon/

Melanie, wow, how did you do kpk in full intensity? I found the first time around by the 5th month, my body couldn't jump. I'll have to check out the post on double strolers as we are going to invest in one.
I can't believe how close you are.
Adrienne, my doctor told me to stop the impact throughout pregnancy, I have ignored this advice but had no problem with me working out my whole last pregnancy. I exercised the day I gave birth.Hope you feel better soon.
Morris, I forget how far along you are . I have moments I feel great then I get a quick wave of nauseau.
Becca, I relate about gender. I am really hoping for another girl this time but I suspect a boy which is making me sad. Will I love this child, sure. Do I want it healthy sure, but secretly I wish for another girl.

At barely 13 weeks, I already have a belly. I have moments of nauseau but overall feel ok.

Now to remember my workouts:
Sun-off-traveled home from ny
Mon-bodymax
Tues-stepfit+ps abs
Wed-tlp-core strength +firm tough tape
Thurs-rythymic step
Friday-firm tough tape 2
sat-powermax

I posted yesterday and it dissappeared into cyberspace

Melanie, I too am impressed that you did KPC at 90% intensity at 9 months pregnant.

Morris - I continue to be very impressed with your running schedule.

So, I'm now at 15 weeks and it is great because I have all my energy back. It is so nice to not be dog tired. I had to go buy some pregnancy shirts. All my pants are still fitting fine but my normal style is fitted shirts tucked in with a belt. This stopped looking good two weeks ago. I was pleasantly suprised that pregnancy shirts were not nearly as ugly as I thought they would be and I was able to get some great ones that will last a while and don't scream pregnant just yet. I'm in that stage were friends can tell my belly is starting but strangers would just think I got a fat middle.

My workouts
Sun - Rest
Mon -The firm Aerobic body shaping
Tues - jiggle free abs and 60 minute core training at gym - Awesome workout done on the ball.
Wed - 75 min hi/lo and step class at gym - Cathe intensity
thurs - 90 minute vinyasa yoga class
Fri - Rest day
Sat - 75 min hi/lo and step class at gym
Sun. - Today I will do SJP with Cathe

Nothing much to report. Just waiting it out, getting odds and ends done. If I spend too much time on my feet, my lower back kills me. I don't know why it's so bad given that my belly is pretty small (or at least that's what people tell me) and my weight gain wasn't that bad. I went to Target this week and just ached afterwards. I still walk the dogs and have been cleaning and stuff like that--just no formal exercise.

I was really hoping it would happen this weekend. DH hopes for tomorrow so he can rake the lawn and finish a paper today. Dog care issues are a bit of problem over Thanksgiving so a little early would be nice.

For all you women in the early stages facing nausea and fatigue--hang in there. I thought the first was by far the toughest part of the pg, and I didn't even have terrible MS. It's just so hard when you feel icky and your clothes don't fit but no one even knows you're pg. I resumed exercise my second trimester and it was great--kept it up (except for a few rough weeks) until just this month. I think it made a huge difference.

Monica

Hi everyone. Your all so sweet in regards to comments about KPC. I have to tell you, it felt GREAT to sweat. I"ve done low impact for a couple of months now. My back has been bothering me more. I've been wearing a ThermoCare heat patch on my lower back. For all you ladies who think you couldn't do it...you can do anything once...right? At least that's what I told myself when I was jumping up and down.

Monica, our due dates are so close; as are our symptoms. I was measuring a little small at my last ob appt & everyone tells me that I look tiny for being so far along. However, this baby feels like it's at least 15 pounds!! Today I feel lots of lower ab pressure---like the baby's about ready to fall out. I saw a side profile of myself at work yesterday when I walked by a mirror. I had to laugh b/c I look like I'm ready to burst (and feel like it too). ;) Very, very soon now!!!!

I wonder how GraceNote is doing.

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Melanie--I, too am impressed by your 90% go at KPC. I cannot kick with my lower back as it is, so kick boxing workouts are out of the question right now. You don't have long to go, but those last few days feel like an eternity, I know.

Becca--congrats on the boy, even though that's not what you were hoping for--once he gets here, you'll love him so much, you won't remember the disappointment. And don't be discouraged about your fitness level. I am a firm believer that our bodies "remember" and return to previous levels pretty quickly post partum, if we are consistant with our exercise.

Adrienne--I missed you last week--you are the closest to me regarding due date on this forum:p. Glad to hear you are on the mend. And no, no one has told me to stop working out during the 9th month. With the first two babies, I worked out until the day I delivered (but I was much younger then). Last baby, I quit at 38-39 weeks, because I was so uncomfortable. I think that if you just listen to your body, you'll be fine, unless your ob is concerned about some particular risk.

Edited to finish:p :p

Morris--your running is amazing. You must be in phenomenal shape:7. Good for you to exercise despite the nausea. It will pass, but it is hell while it is going on. It is the worst part of pregnancy, I thinkx(

Shopaholic--don't feel bad, I had a belly waayy before 13 weeks this time. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Tuvak--I think that maternity clothes just get cuter and cuter. There is a lot of selection out there.

Monica--you are sooo close. We are just waiting for you labor story. And I'm sure you are too. I'm always a basket case by those final few days, sure that I'm not really pregnant, it's just a cruel hoax--some chronic condition that mimics pregnancy and that I'm going to be that way forever. (I'm just a little melodramatic at times, doncha know?)
Hang in there.

Okay--I was deathly sick Sunday night and I did not feel well enough to work out until Friday, so I got a long rest, which my back appreciated. I caved an bought some 3rd trimester maternity clothes. Nothing is growing at this point, but my belly, which is truly huge, but not as huge as the last 2 times. I do not think I will have another 10 lb 7oz baby. I am suffering from dreadful constipation, but that is typical for my 3rd trimester.

My workout week
Mon-sick
Tues-recovering
Wed-recovering
Thurs-regular rest day
Fri-PS CST+SJP w/u and step only
Sat-PS legs standing+ 50 min stationary bike
Sun-Step Fit--was supposed to do PS BB (no abs) but will do that tomorrow, instead. I was so bushed.

glad to hear from you all. I think Grace note is supposed to be induced tomorrow, so I don't know if we will hear from her for a few days:7 :7 :7.

Maggie:)
33 weeks down, 7 to go

Yesterday, I didn't so Step Jump and PUmp like I wanted to because I got busy doing other things.

Today I had SJP on the agenda and got through the 2nd hi/lo section and had to stop do to serious intestinal issues. Lately I have been getting some wicked stomach aches and one decided to show up in the middle of my workout. Frustrating. I was having a lot of fun doing the step portion but after the jumping in the 1st hi/lo section I thought an alien was going to jump out of my tummy. Stumbled through the 2nd hi/lo section and said enough is enough.

Oh the joys of being pregnant. Every day brings something new.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.