Magnificent Moms Aug. 17-24

Stephanie0523

Cathlete
Hi mommas!
Where is everyone? Just thought I'd start us off. Hope everyone is having a great beginning to a new week! I'm dragging. I seriously feel as if I took two benadryl tablets today. In a FOG! Hoping I gain some energy soon! On tap for today: more CLX and some clean eating! What are you guys doing today?? Have a great day ladies!!

Howdy! Today I did 5 miles and got a shower, but now IA m feeling motivated to do that upper body work. I am gonna pop it in and see how far I get. Sara is eating cheerios and Landon is playing doctor. LOL Then not much else.. maybe a walmart trip.. not sure if I want the headache that goes along with it though.

hello all. I plan to w/o when my mom is back again. to be honest... lol. I'm scared of their basement when everyone is in bed (and no parents here). I don't even like going down there in the day. creeps me out for some reason. that is where the w/o room is. I've gone on 3 long walks this last week though. atleast its something. my boys ride scooters. I handle the baby stroller and the dog. (scotty dog).
I just ate some fage yogurt YUM! I don't have it where I live. I got fat free and its still amazingly creamy. my mom said "its just like any other greek yogurt" uhm yeah -we'll shes spoiled they have goodies like that up here. not where I live. I just had a bit with some granola and blueberries for a snack. probably going to have a tomato/mozzarella sand for dinner.
My bday is tomorrow. the big 30! lol. my 20s are over I can't believe it. ahh. oh well. I'm sure my folks have something planned. hey get home today sometime. I don't know when though?? so waiting to hear from them.
Hope you all have a good day!

Steph - I'm here, but so busy. Looks like we'll all be having a Halloween theme party! I fell off the wagon bad this weekend also, but back on track now. Yay for ordering PS! I got mine on Saturday and did Backs, Biceps, abs that same day. Haven't checked out the legs one yet.

Trish - Pomai loves cheerios! I swear she'll eat that all day if it was up to her. WTG on 5 miles! Is that on the treadmill or outdoors? Who watches the kiddos when/if you run outdoors?

Jess - Wow, 30! I'm surrounded by young-uns! How's Liam doing? Hope his tummy issues get better. I know how hard it is to not worry so much about them.

I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now. I feel like there are so many things I have to do, and I don't know where to start. I ate horribly this past weekend. I did workout 6x last week and hoping I can do the same this week. Planning on some cardio today. Not sure what. I have a ton of errands to run, mostly bills and things like that, bleh. I hate being reminded that I have to give my money to other people. Better get going. Have to work from home today.

Lisa

Lisa--I get overwhelmed weekly. It's so hard to keep up!!! At this very moment, I have dirty dishes in the sink, dusty tables upstairs and five baskets of laundry ready to fold. I blew it all off so I could make the boys homemade choc chip cookies for their lunchboxes this week. I thought cookies trumped house work. They won't remember the tables being dusty or the baskets of laundry, but they WILL remember my cookies. I know the bills won't wait, but other things will. So just know that that other stuff really only bothers us. (If that makes sense.)

Jess--Happy early bday!!! Thirty is a great birthday! (I'm 35.) Welcome to the 30s!!

Trish--Way to go on the workouts!!! You put me to shame, girl!

Kate--Yooo hooo?? Where are you?

---
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. I ate a shameful amount of cookie dough and now feel like a big blob of dough. Ugh!!! It was like a pregnancy craving, I couldn't stop eating it!!! (Don't worry, I'm not preggo!) Anyway, I have weights to do tonight but I may hop on the treadmill in a few minutes (after the dough settles) and do a short run. How stupid of me!!! I finally fit into a decent size and I do something dumb like that. Oh well. Hope everyone has a nice evening!!!

I really wish I had some cookie dough! I have refused to buy anything like that... my kids are even complaining about the lack of sweets, but when they are here I eat them. My late nights studying make it hard too so now I am having coffee more than ever. I have to compensate for those extra cals in teh sugar and creamer. LOL I can't drink it black or w/ artifical sweatner.

Lisa~I have never had greek yogurt.. how is it different from regular? I LOVE yogurt!! I run outdoors. My older 2 were in school today and I have a double jogger for the younger 2. On days I have them all my older 2 either walk or ride their bikes. If they walk then they wait at the beginning of the cul de sacs for me. Our neighborhood is a big long street about 1.5 miles long that has many many cul de sacs that go off the main road I run down the main road and they wait for me while I run up the cul de sacs and back.. most are about .1 or 1.5 miles so up and back is about .2 or .3 then we move on to the next street. Most of the streets have a bus stop at the beginning of them too for the school kids. Since Fort polk is all young families w/ kids we have TONS of bus stops they sit in their and wait for me. It works for us when I need to get a run in. I prefer going w/ just the little 2 then we can just run up the main road to the trail and up that and back. The older kids can walk 1-2 miles, but not 4-5. : )

Well getting ready to get the kids in bed. I am aiming for 7pm these days with school. Then sara goes down about 7:30-8. I need to study study..

Hello Mamas!

Quiet day at my house - big girls spent the day w/ their grandparents. I'm actually feeling kind of lost wihtout them! THey are a huge help with Julia!

I did 50 min of step while J napped this morning. Eats are stellar tho I'm wanting something REAL BAD right now. Going to brush my teeth and drink a bunch of water. Why can some people be so skinny and eat crap like McDonald's?!?!? Well, they have fat jiggly arms and mine can do pushups and pullups! So there!:p:p:p:p

Thought I had more time - mike's waiting for me....personals in a bit!

hi mamas! gosh, i hope kate is ok... where you at, kate?

jess, happy 30th!!! have an AWESOME day! i actually find the greek yogurt TOO creamy, if you can believe that...

steph, cant say c**kie d**gh around me, lol. when i bake i get rid of it asap because i am terrible. i just dont keep junk in the house as much as i can, just bake it and send it off =) and yes, your kiddos will remember the cookies and could care less about the household chores indone... if only my dh was on the same page with that. he is totally uptight abt some things, i am uptight abt other things, put us both together and i pretty much never can leave stuff undone around the house.

trish, ima serious coffee addict myself! took about 5 years but i worked my way out of cream in my coffee, down to milk, now 1%. still use a little sugar tho, cant stand the fake stuff.

lisa, hope things feel more manageable soon. were you able to put off a few things? dont feel bad for leaving a few things undone! youre only human...

today did the step only from SJP (with NO step, i knee is way too handicapped right now) and mm ub premix. did i mention my mm is found? yay =) lent it to a friend of my moms, i finally remembered.

later ladies!

kate, you got in there while i was posting! hope you enjoyed your "free" day - but ikwym about missing them when theyre gone!

Good morning!!!! Woke up crazy-early to do HSCh - Crazy day ahead w/ "more issues than National Geographic"!:p Payroll......

Stephanie, You are DEAD ON with what our kids will remember! They DO NOT see what we do as moms....thanks for the reminder! The girls have been with MIL & FIL the last couple days and I am refreshed to be a happier, more patient mommy today! I can't wait to see them!!!
Are the boys enjoying their new school routine? We still have a couple weeks to go - thank goodness!!!!

Wendy, WTG on SJP! I did that one last week and had so much fun! SWEATY! Glad you found your MM! I HEART that one!
How is JJ's sleep going?

Jess, Happy Birthday! I'm right behind you in a couple months!
Basements creep me out too! I actually hated to go down there this morning while everythign is dark outside. We have daylight windowns and it's all finished but basements will forever give me the creeps!

Trish, 5 miles!! Very impressive! Did you get that Wally's trip in? I hate that place!:p

thanks for the bday well wishes ;) My mom said they planned to get me a few horseback riding lessons while I'm here for a gift. I've ridden before but never had proper lessons.
Guess who has a tooth?????????!!!!!! Liam does! lol. hes only 3 1/2 months! I KNEW it! I saw them under the gums the last few days. thought it could take a while for them to come in but nope. this morning one popped out and the other looks like its right behind it. (bottom front two). I will not forget when he got his first tooth! :) on my bday! hehe. hes been knawing on my fingers and slobbering for a while.
I hope to get atleast a little w/o in tonight. catch up later!

happy bday jess!!!
what a cool present!
and wow to liam!!!! crazy!

-
we're off to the dr ..... julias rash isnt getting better....:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

Julia def had a yeast infection. Going to call around to a couple places to locate gentian violet. If we can't find it the dr gave me a Rx for nystatin. Hope I can find the GV!

oh poor Julia!! The nystatin clears it up very fast though if you have to use it.

Jess~what a cool present!! I like to ride horses, but haven't for a long time. WOW a tooth at 3 1/2 months!! You'll hae to get pics soon so we cna see the sweetie!

So no wally trip.. ugh I just put it off.. I have no bread, no snacks, barely anything for dinner.. LOL We do have some plump yummy grapes though! oh I have big plans foro thsoe while I watch big brother tonight. HA I did LL again today and I couldn't even get through all of the squats on the second go round. My legs were shaking and burning something BAD! I have found my new fav. workout! I am going to skip any cardio today.. just got pjs on and I plan to study and watch BB. Fun stuff!

kate, did you find the gentian violet? why are you avoiding nystatin? should do the trick in no time! but are there concerns about it now or something i sohlud know? always seems like things come up and i hear abt them too late.

jess, a tooth!! woohoo!! that boy is moving fast =) hope you got a wo in...

trish, ive never got into BB but so many friends love it... i do like LL, though =) i think kate called it MEANER legs once. its a killer but short which is so great, no dread factor even though its tough cuz you know its over soon!

hi lisa!

Hi stephanie!

did christi taylor fit to dance today (posted in OD about her free webcasting). i have serious DOMS from mm ub yesterday so did not use wts during fit to dance which was a little weird because its a circuit bt i was just too excited to try it. what a COOL workout! loved the wts/dance intervals and the way she kept the wt moves dancy, so i could still keep my hr up a bit even during those segs with no wts. planning on more free christi taylor tomorrow =)

so i ALSO went to the gym tonight... crazy. i had already done the christi when a gf called last minute and asked if i wanted to go cuz she knew ive been wanting to get in there and try it out. did 5.27 miles in 30 min on the recumb bike, random hill setting, level 5. i started to feel it in my knee towards the end but that is a seriously good wo for when im creaky in places... followed with that weird ab machine that you hold onto and crunch up... 4 sets of 12.

i have a funny feeling tomorrow is gonna be a rest day for me. lol.

jj was home with dh and ds but he was not having any part of going to bed without me. dh said he was crawling room to room looking for me. when i got in, all sweaty, he just cuddled right up (cna you say ewww?) and nursed to sleep =)

oh, and he says "tickle tickle tickle". its pretty cute! i need to learn how to put vids on FB so everyone can see!

Steph - You are so right and thank you for putting that into perspective for me. That made me feel so much better about things.

Trish - Wow kudos to you for running with two kids in a double stroller! You're doing awesome with school.

Wendy - That sounds so adorable about JJ!! I've done the nursing right after wo thing before also. Ewww, but sometimes they just can't wait until after the bath, lol!

Kate - Did you find the gv? I would hate to use the nystatin too, but maybe a really thin layer until you can find some gv to give Julia some relief? Poor Julia! Hope she gets better soon! Did the dr. say what causes the yeast infection?

Jess - Fun birthday present!

Sorry I have been so sporadic lately. It was such a long day today (yesterday for you mommies). DH's cousin is in the ICU for observation from being hit at football practice. He has a severe concussion so they are keeping him there for the next 24-48hrs. That in turn made me worry about my son and my nephew who both started tackle football last month. DH said he will get a really good helmet for ds asap. The worries of motherhood! I stayed up with ds until past 9 to help him finish up his homework. His teacher this year is wonderful, but gives a lot of homework. I bathed the baby then was getting ready to workout when we got the call about DH's cousin being in ICU so DH went down to the hospital and no workout for me. Today eats were really clean. I have to confess that while I'm up waiting for DH to come home, I want to eat a bowl of ice cream. Thankfully I'm too tired to walk downstairs and I don't want to leave the baby alone upstairs. In the morning I need to take my car in to get fixed *sigh* then another full day of working from home and kids' practices. Planning on doing FF's Jan 09 rotation. I'm already one day behind so might just start it next week. I did get an uphill stroller walk on Monday though and my legs were burning the next day! Sorry this was so long. Have a great Wednesday ladies!

Lisa

Kate- oh sorry about J's infection. hope it clears up quick!

thanks jess et al! the rash is much improved but the itching seem to be worse:confused: keeping up w/ acidophilus and still searching for gv.

trish, glad u r liking ll somuch!:D
those grapes sound great. weve had good batches lately too

wendy, i just like to use as natural as possible. im a wierdo.:p
wtg on all the wo!!
too cute abt jj's talking!

lisa, no word on the cause....
all ff's rotatons are good ones. im finishing one this weekend
hope u r making time for yourself too!

-
kinda crazy here....not much time to type. bbl...

eh still up trying to find a stupid article to summarize for extra credit. LOL I am so WEIRD!

Today was good.. good eating and I did 4 miles and upper body and abs from MIS. My legs are feeling okay today. I will see how I feel tomorrow to decide if I'll do anything lower body or just cardio tomorrow. Might take the kids swimming after school if I can get my homework done. IT is NEVER ending. ugh Oh and Hunter got his cast off,but they said no climbing higher than he is tall and not jumping around.. for like 6 more weeks.. Hello is he is 7 yo BOY That is SO not happening. HA I told his teacher for PE he isn't to do any contact type stuff and no climbing up high at recess. We'll see how that goes.

ugh I have got to find a stupid article. I have searched for over an hour and it's only 5 pts extra credit, but I can't not do it. blah

trish, what kind of article are you looking for?

hi all, went to the gym with my gf again last night and did a crazy kickbox bootcamp class! it kicked my butt. good thing ive done lots of videos and know how to keep my form good b/c instructor gave NO form pointers whatsoever. my poor friend was like, what is he DOING? anyhoo, will try to bbl for personals, its a beautiful day and i want to be dressed andready when JJ gets up from nap...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.