Loosing baby weight?

wellness

Cathlete
How long did it take some of you to loose the baby weight? My baby is 2 months, I have to loose about 15 pounds to get to my pre-preg weight. I'm so fustrated, cause NONE of my pre-preg clothes fit and I'm still wearing maternity clothes. I gained 30 pounds during the preg., I quess I was just hoping to loose more of it by now.

About 5 weeks. I gained 25 during pregnancy, but I also went back to working out 4 days after I gave birth. I could get back into my pre-preg clothes *comfortably* by 3 weeks.

Everyone is different. Your LO is only 8 weeks old. It took you 9 mos to put that weight on. Give yourself a break! You'll get there!

Funny how this seemed so important to me and now I can't remember from any of my 3 pregnancies!

But what I do remember my midwife saying this time around is
"Ideally you would keep extra fat on your body until your wean your baby"
I found this fascinating and really thought-provoking.

I was prob in my pre-preg clothes by 2 months post-partum, looking better by 3 months pp. I gained 26 pounds, had an almost 8 lb baby.

You'll lose the weight eventually, please don't worry about it. For 2 weeks after I deliver I eat everything that's not nailed down!:D My latest addition is almost 6 months and I can wear all my old clothes no problem.

Everyone gains differently in their pregs and loses the weight differently too. You want to be HEALTHY in losing the weight - not overexercising and not starving yourself. Eat clean, do sensible workouts and you'll get there too.

Congrats & Good Luck!

It took me about 4 1/2 months. I started working out 1 week after DD was born. Don't get discouraged - as a general rule of thumb they say "9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off." Everybody is different - especially if your nursing - your body does hang on to fat stores.

I gained about 55 pounds with each pregnancy. Each pregnancy of mine took about a year to lose the majority of the weight, but I never ever lost the last 10 pounds after my first baby. I had my third baby in October and have only lost about 20 of the 55 pounds, so I still have a long way to go. I've found that this last pregnancy it has been very hard to lose the baby weight. Maybe it's because it was my second c-section, or maybe it's because I'm older. I'm giving myself the full year before I get too depressed. Another mom on here told me she didn't lose her baby weight until after eight months. I think that some women's bodies just hang on to the weight longer than others.

Kudos to all of you ladies who lost it in weeks!!! You are amazing!! :)

I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight after 12 weeks (I guess I've been at this weight for 2 weeks though, so make that 10 weeks). I gained 40 pounds with this pregnancy. I also put on 15 pounds while trying to conceive (I was afraid to exercise too hard...just paranoid...and did a lot of stress eating). So I still need to lose 15 pounds to be where I want to be, but I am at a healthy weight now...just the upper end of my healthy weight range.

I started easy workouts 2 weeks after my vaginal birth (Leslie Sansone walking dvds when it was cold outside, taking the baby for walks when it was nicer). At 3 weeks pp I started Cathe cardio and circuit workouts but MODIFIED and didn't lift too heavy. I did this, steadily increasing intensity and weights until week 8 when I started STS. I try to add on walks when its nice.

At 3 weeks pp I was down 20 pounds. I lost 10 pounds in weeks 4-8 and 10 pounds in weeks 9-12. Total 40 pounds lost. I can now wear my "fat clothes" since I still have those 15 pounds of ttc weight to go.

ETA: Drink LOTS of water. That helped my feel full and stay hydrated. I also am eating pretty clean....lots of fruits and veggies. I try to do planks (at least 2 30 second ones) daily...easy to do while playing with the baby on the floor.

Last edited:
Last time, it took me 9 months to lose the baby weight. I had gained about 45 pounds, and I lost it all. This time, I'm planning to gain less, but I'm a slow loser, so still expect it to take me months to lose whatever I gain.

Even after losing it all, not all clothes fit the same! Some things were tight, while others were too big. It was really strange.

Your baby is only 8 weeks old. Your uterus might still be stretched, too. Please, don't be too hard on yourself. It's wonderful that you're so motivated to lose the weight, but you don't have to do it all at once.

I wore maternity pants for 2 months. I purchased a few pairs of inexpensive, regular pants/jeans to get me through as I lost my weight.

Everyone is different so don't be in such a rush esp. being it's only been two months for you. You'll get there and even if it takes a little longer, it's okay.

For myself, with my first two I lost my preg weight much more quickly than my third. The first two I only gained 27lbs and was back to my prepg weight by 4mos. This time around with my third, I am 5mos pp and still have 7lbs more to lose. I did gain 35lbs this time around though. I am also in my 30's where as with my other two, I was in my 20's so I do notice a difference in my metabolism plus I have less time with three kids to workout as long as I'd like.

Lisa

One of my girlfriends gained 80 pounds while pregnant and it has taken her 10 months to lose. I'm not sure if she's back to pre-preg weight, but she is looking great! I am 19 weeks pregnant and have gained 15lbs already and am worried about ever having a waistline again! It is hard to see that scale go up, but you have to give your body a chance to recover, heal, and return to normal. Considering what your body has just done we should all (myself included) learn to relax!!!!! Now if I can follow my own advice!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.